• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:04
CEST 02:04
KST 09:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9144 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 66

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 117 Next
dream-_-
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1857 Posts
August 07 2012 08:02 GMT
#1301
You will be missed. I remember playing practice games with you 8 years ago, and it made me so happy to see how far you came in this game.

If I could pick one player to be able to achieve what you did, it would have been you.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 08:03 GMT
#1302
On August 07 2012 15:53 Mental Union wrote:
Now, I can only build if I tear the walls down, even if Jinro quits the game I won't let it make me frown, I'm falling but no matter how hard I hit the ground, I'll still smile...

I got to at least share a good artist with you xD


Just for those who don't know this song.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Emperor
Profile Joined May 2012
Norway68 Posts
August 07 2012 08:03 GMT
#1303
As a guy who started following the SC2 scene when you played in Code S i have to say its sad to see you go, but it seems to be the right decision. Wish you the best of luck in the future.
Writer
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
August 07 2012 08:03 GMT
#1304
Sad news, But good for Jinro, it's a tough decision but I'm sure it's for the better! Go get rich in poker! Jinro fighting!
Also to TL. Time to pick up a new foreign terran! (ME! )
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 08:04 GMT
#1305
On August 07 2012 15:59 aka_star wrote:
[image loading]

Heres one for you Jinro...

I'd retweet this if we were on Twitter.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
grindC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany274 Posts
August 07 2012 08:04 GMT
#1306
I'll never forget watching you in GSL. Those were the days...

You're the man, GL & HF with poker!
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
August 07 2012 08:04 GMT
#1307
T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T
Sad to see it happen but can't say I'm super surprised - remember the good memories.
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
thOr6136
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Slovenia1775 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 08:07:49
August 07 2012 08:05 GMT
#1308
Ahhh this is sad gl jinro~

i remember talking with him in the beta days about terran mech vs toss and i was really surprised how friendly he was and talking with me - a random scrub. And then watching him all the way to the semis in GSL. It was awesome, will never forget that
TzaTzers
Profile Joined April 2009
United States589 Posts
August 07 2012 08:05 GMT
#1309
Wishing you the best Jinro =)
"Why did the colossus fall over? because he was imbalanced..."
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
August 07 2012 08:05 GMT
#1310
Thanks for everything Jinro.

I hope the best for you in the future - I'll always remember the semis you played vs MC!
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
August 07 2012 08:06 GMT
#1311
Hello Jinro
That was a very emotional and moving story. While I am truly sad to hear about your retirement I am glad in a way that you made the decision to move on when you feel that SC2 no longer works for you.
And most of all I want to say its really brave of you to share this story with us, I am glad there are still people like you out there, not afraid to follow their dream, to go the extra mile, to pour all their energy and dedication into it, and at the end, proud to have done so. Your story was both moving and inspirational, your legacy will burn on bright in our hearts and minds, so so for that I thank you.

I just hope one day I'll be able to shake your hand and tell you this in person.

Good lucky with poker and wherever life may take you next!
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Nomzter
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden2802 Posts
August 07 2012 08:06 GMT
#1312
Well, this was a very sad way to start off the day
Good luck in the future
Kamikiri
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1319 Posts
August 07 2012 08:07 GMT
#1313
Good luck Jinro, I still remember every time you played in the GSL I would invite 6+ friends over just to watch your games.

Good times, back when I still played. We will miss you, best of luck to you.
beAwsm
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany8 Posts
August 07 2012 08:07 GMT
#1314
Good Luck, Jinro! Always hoped you'd do well again sometime. But you have your reasons
The TL Community loves you!
Rocno
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia25 Posts
August 07 2012 08:08 GMT
#1315
This is sad news
Since I was introduced to sc2 you've always been one of my favourite foreign players.
I truly wish you the best of luck in this next phase in your life and I hope you enjoy it.
WolfStar
Profile Joined February 2008
United Kingdom155 Posts
August 07 2012 08:09 GMT
#1316
All the best with you poker exploits!
The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
samscraft
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom65 Posts
August 07 2012 08:09 GMT
#1317
Jinro, it has been a true honor to watch and support you for many years, I have to admit you are a true competitor, and a fighter out there when it comes to playing, an honor sportsman, and a good friend to many pros who are going to miss you and the smiles and laughter that you took to events.

I respect the decision you made, and will miss watching you play allot, definatly one of my favourate streamers and players (that were) inside the community of SC2, but GL with the poker career and whatever else comes your way good sir, you only deserve good things.
Aint life great
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
August 07 2012 08:09 GMT
#1318
This was.... *crying*
IM & EG supporter
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
August 07 2012 08:10 GMT
#1319
Can I recommend you take your not inconsiderable intellect and go do something more exciting and interesting than poker, Jinro

Best of luck no matter what you do.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
August 07 2012 08:11 GMT
#1320
1 year and a half he didn't win a match....

User was warned for this post
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 126
Nina 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1346
GuemChi 998
Artosis 621
910 35
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever45
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox620
Other Games
summit1g8460
Day[9].tv606
shahzam491
C9.Mang0333
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick601
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur679
• Day9tv606
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 56m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.