• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8903 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 65

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 117 Next
2vs2.Zepiii
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium134 Posts
August 07 2012 07:50 GMT
#1281
GL & TY Jinro
2v2 Protoss Master : twitch.tv/Zepiii || Best achievement - HotS 2v2 : Top2 World w/ Vermillion
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 07:51 GMT
#1282
On August 07 2012 14:59 Chilling5pr33 wrote:
Well i feel a bit dissapointed that you dont thank the fans who always believed in you :/
You can make much more with poker anyway and the lack of hughe succes should wake you up and make you believe there are much better way to make a lot of money.

I think you missed it
To everyone who ever supported me, thank you, truly. I am not really a spotlight guy, but every moment that I was in it, you made me feel like home. I often wonder how it is that I still have people telling me they believe in me, or that they hope I can make it into Code A again next season, or what tournament they will see me in next... For a while now, it's pained me to not be able to answer those questions/well wishes honestly, and so this post is, in a way, a big relief.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Maiaral
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands90 Posts
August 07 2012 07:51 GMT
#1283
Hey Jona!

Really sad to hear you are leaving

You are truly an inspiring man and I hope you find what you where looking for the past year in poker. As a TL fan you brought me great joy throughout these years. And as one of your mod crew I had a blast doing it.

If you are ever in The Netherlands feel free to poke me on skype. I'd be happy to show you around or go for a bite somewhere!

Liquid'Jinro Fighting
Forever!

-MaiaralNL
MaiaralNL - Solid Loves Liquid - SolidShin(sc2) Favorites Jinro - Taeja - Hero - Sheth - Ret - TLO - Marineking - White-Ra - MC - Dimaga - Leenock - Hyun / ChatMod - Liquid' Jinro - Sea - HerO - TLO - Ret - Bumblebee \
eXeRicH
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany89 Posts
August 07 2012 07:51 GMT
#1284
Good Luck + all the best in the future
if tetris has taught me anything, it's that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mint_julep
Profile Joined October 2009
United States254 Posts
August 07 2012 07:52 GMT
#1285
On August 07 2012 16:40 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 14:16 ShcShc wrote:
see my signature
I kind of stopped watching SC2 for a while, but that QUOTE was honestly my favourite SC2 moments.
Jinro vs MC rematch, so good.

if you are ever in the Montreal area, come skydive (I can prob get you for free as a "thank you" token)

I'll take you up on it if I'm ever there, it's definitely something I'd be interested in trying.


Homie, I'll fly your ass to Boston or LA to go jumping!

You have some time off let me know. =]

(I'm the feller flew orb to IPL, for credentials.)

I'd love to show my favorite player from my favorite team what it's like to watch your shadow approach a cloud before you punch right through it.
I hope Plexa's sig is right.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
August 07 2012 07:53 GMT
#1286
This is sad Good luck in the future!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
bumwithguns
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5 Posts
August 07 2012 07:53 GMT
#1287
Ahhhh sooo sad. I saw Jinro at MLG anaheim, but i didnt say hi to him. Now I never will D':
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 07:57:33
August 07 2012 07:54 GMT
#1288
On August 07 2012 15:21 worldpeace30 wrote:
Quitting SC2 for Poker is like packing your bags and moving accross the street. You'll be missed but I don't see why you can't be an "American" star and move into a frat house like EG and play poker most of the time and practice a little a week. The sponsors only care if the people they sponsor are famous in the community as is evidenced by Idra's EG profile.

But farewell and best of luck in poker. Don't forget us and all that, i'm sure we won't forget you and your pictureesque long face probably at some point will show up in an e-sports dictionary or encyclopedia in the future. Good luck dude, may the force be with you.

Well, first of all poker is incredibly difficult now, I want to focus all of my competitive attention on learning it. Second, I just wouldn't feel satisfied with half-assing my way in SC2... I want to give whatever I do my best.

3rd, I dont think that's fair to say about the EG guys, I honestly dont know their practice schedules... but I doubt they'd get away with something like 'playing poker most of the week'. And anyway, I'm not an Incontrol or IdrA level personality (note: not saying that's what they are doing, I'm saying they probably COULD do that while still maintaining relevance).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 07:54:53
August 07 2012 07:54 GMT
#1289
Wow
GG sir, you gave some great games made many fans happy, this will be hard for some i do hope you stay around here though!

Also, dude Poker is hard to make money off without a steady income as your always chasing a profit, might need to re think that plan!

Oh one more thing, DAMN, nice write up man, can always go into writting if poker fails? Was great read, read every bit
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
August 07 2012 07:54 GMT
#1290
One of my favorite players

This is very sad. Good luck in whatever You are going to do now!
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
Zwegat
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany4 Posts
August 07 2012 07:54 GMT
#1291
gg
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
August 07 2012 07:54 GMT
#1292
Good bye Jinro - Hello Frozen Arbiter.
keep it deep! @zulison
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 07:56:23
August 07 2012 07:55 GMT
#1293
I'm so sad and glad for him. These kinds of decisions must be hard to make. And if a guy as passionate for starcraft as him is of the opinion he should stop competing, it's definitely the right decision to make.

When Jinro went to Korea, I was so shocked.. and happy. Freaking FrozenArbiter, a guy from the community, goes to korea to compete. And he even succeeded, big time. That was inspirational. I think part of the reason I'm doing a lot better at sc2 than I ever did at bw is Jinro.

Thank you for all the entertainment you provided to us and I (while I know poker players don't really believe in luck) wish you the best of luck in poker. May you win a bracelet now
DrKlantskalle
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden3 Posts
August 07 2012 07:55 GMT
#1294
"Its been emotional"

Lock, stock and two smoking barrels"?

Also, this makes me so, so sad.
Don't blame yourself when you lose, Blame the Terrans.
stipe145
Profile Joined December 2010
764 Posts
August 07 2012 07:56 GMT
#1295
Good luck, we will always remember you.
SSeoni
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
139 Posts
August 07 2012 07:56 GMT
#1296
it's very sad to see Jinro go. I also rarely get to watch his play

all the best man! you will never be forget!
씨니
myth_au
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia39 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 07:57:25
August 07 2012 07:56 GMT
#1297
Hey jinro

I don't post much but I think this requires one.

I have followed you since beta and gsl in .sc2. you were one odds my favourite pro, and will always be remembered.

I looked forwarded to your games and your endurance and love for the game will never be forgotten. reading the post was sad and yet it was a comfort that you made the decision through careful consideration.

I really hope the best for you in life and in poker. only the best wishes from you.

always remember that you will be remembered by many and touched many hearts.

myth.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
August 07 2012 08:00 GMT
#1298
That's something I didn't see coming...

Sincerly, I do hope that you succeed whatever you plan to do in your life Jinro.

Reading this article, I just can't help but thinking of Elky. Though the reasons may be different and some details may vary, it quite looks the same path.

Good bye ! ^_^
LiquipediaWanderer
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
August 07 2012 08:01 GMT
#1299
Many <3s

<3
<3
<3
The world is ending what should we do about it?
Andypk
Profile Joined November 2010
Scotland512 Posts
August 07 2012 08:01 GMT
#1300
We'll all miss you man, good luck in the future!
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 107
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1131
GuemChi 783
Artosis 633
910 37
MaD[AoV]21
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox620
Other Games
summit1g8460
Day[9].tv596
shahzam500
C9.Mang0338
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick601
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta30
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur696
• Day9tv596
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 59m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.