• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:13
CEST 01:13
KST 08:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8912 users

TeamLiquid: Site Changes - Page 17

Forum Index > News
780 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 40 Next All
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 14:01:13
November 01 2011 13:50 GMT
#321
I dont really see the need for the widening. It makes it harder to read long paragraphs when you jump to next line. What is the benefit? I can see the need at the front page, but in the forums I just find it decreasing readability.
edit: reason is to fit the add. Still sad though.

Another little detail: the sorting of the stream for viewers seems to sort them with the lowest view on top. It would make more sense to put the highest viewer count on top.

otherwise nice with the customability, thanks, gj!
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 13:53:51
November 01 2011 13:51 GMT
#322
On November 01 2011 22:47 BisuDagger wrote:
Seeing Bisu at #1 on the front page of TL has made shed tears of happiness! Love the changes TL. Flamewheel, can we get a preseason power rank please?

BW Sidebar FINALLYYYYY

This is awesome, the new wide-middle layout is a little ...different, but in a good way. I panicked a bit when I saw R1CH tweet "new format" or something, but when I got home I was glad to see good old pony-blue TL :D

On November 01 2011 22:50 Cascade wrote:
I dont really see the need for the widening. It makes it harder to read long paragraphs when you jump to next line. What is the benefit? I can see the need at the front page, but in the forums I just find it decreasing readability.

Another little detail: the sorting of the stream for viewers seems to sort them with the lowest view on top. It would make more sense to put the highest viewer count on top.

otherwise nice with the customability, thanks, gj!


If you read the thread and the part about the new full-size ad at the top, you'd know why the middle section was widened.

Smaller ad = smaller center space for TL to fill.
Larger ad = larger!

Most banner spaces that are "sold" are the new TL big-size, so TL is no longer limiting its ad options because it's got a bizarre banner size. Running standard = more opportunities for ad space to be sold.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
ticktack
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Arab Emirates874 Posts
November 01 2011 13:52 GMT
#323
Ow yeahh. I love the streams with race icons!!
A winner is just a loser who got pissed off and tried harder
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 13:55:06
November 01 2011 13:53 GMT
#324
Gaaaaaaaah. The width.. It's unbearable...
Ok it's gotten slightly better during the past five minutes, but it's still really weird looking to me :/

Edit. Texts now sadly feel a lot more massive to read
Well.. Advertising is important I suppose
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
November 01 2011 14:00 GMT
#325
On November 01 2011 22:51 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2011 22:50 Cascade wrote:
I dont really see the need for the widening. It makes it harder to read long paragraphs when you jump to next line. What is the benefit? I can see the need at the front page, but in the forums I just find it decreasing readability.

Another little detail: the sorting of the stream for viewers seems to sort them with the lowest view on top. It would make more sense to put the highest viewer count on top.

otherwise nice with the customability, thanks, gj!


If you read the thread and the part about the new full-size ad at the top, you'd know why the middle section was widened.

Smaller ad = smaller center space for TL to fill.
Larger ad = larger!

Most banner spaces that are "sold" are the new TL big-size, so TL is no longer limiting its ad options because it's got a bizarre banner size. Running standard = more opportunities for ad space to be sold.


Right, that was it. Still I wish they could keep the column width a bit smaller for the running text in the forum. Maybe the add could go above the side panels when you are in the threads? A bit sad that readability is sacrificed for add space. But you are correct, I should not say that there is no reason.
Mischi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany133 Posts
November 01 2011 14:01 GMT
#326
While it will take some time to get used to, I really like the new width. You can fit way more text on one screen and don't have to scroll that much.
The ads don't really bother me and the stream changes seem cool as well.
Thumbs up!
TheUnderking
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada202 Posts
November 01 2011 14:01 GMT
#327
I can't believe people are complaining about the wider format. Personally I love it. Though I have a 28" screen so I may be in the minority there.
THE PACT IS SEALED!
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
November 01 2011 14:03 GMT
#328
On November 01 2011 23:01 TheUnderking wrote:
I can't believe people are complaining about the wider format. Personally I love it. Though I have a 28" screen so I may be in the minority there.


Do you take the bike to read the end of the line?
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 14:06:52
November 01 2011 14:05 GMT
#329
Great! Most happy about: Having the top BW ranking back on page (why is it top 8, wasn't it top 10 before?); wide board woot, larger images would fit now better; race indicators and game grouping for the streams; optional TLPD default. Thank you TL!

On November 01 2011 23:03 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2011 23:01 TheUnderking wrote:
I can't believe people are complaining about the wider format. Personally I love it. Though I have a 28" screen so I may be in the minority there.


Do you take the bike to read the end of the line?
He rides a TL horse.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 01 2011 14:06 GMT
#330
Love all the changes. The width is going to be a little annoying however.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
velo
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia48 Posts
November 01 2011 14:07 GMT
#331
No HoN streams?
CosmoK
Profile Joined July 2011
339 Posts
November 01 2011 14:08 GMT
#332
How come the stream by TaKe (TaKeSeN) is not shown at all anymore? It was a feautured stream but it's not on the list of de-featured streams.
Cashmere
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia66 Posts
November 01 2011 14:09 GMT
#333
I'm loving the changes. One thing though - Asian dating ads make the site look really trashy.
gondolin
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
France332 Posts
November 01 2011 14:11 GMT
#334
I find the lines way too long (they have almost 130 characters) whereas I find 110 should be a maximum for good legibility. I understand the need for the increase in width, but would it be possible to increase the font size to compensate?
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
November 01 2011 14:12 GMT
#335
Chrome and TL changed same day... Too much to handle
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
tritonice
Profile Joined November 2010
United States119 Posts
November 01 2011 14:12 GMT
#336
Thank you for the improvements and updates. The sidebar tool greatly simplifies and organizes the streams I want to watch. Great work, can't wait to see what more you have in store. . . .
Xyik
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada728 Posts
November 01 2011 14:13 GMT
#337
If the width change was done to accommodate the ad I can understand, but its true that the old shorter width made reading things easier. Although this way large images will also show up better now.
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
November 01 2011 14:15 GMT
#338
Love the changes to the sidebar!

Not on my computer right now, but I'm wondering if I have to disable any TLBW scripts when I get home.
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
November 01 2011 14:17 GMT
#339
Holy crap I'm going to have to make so much more effort now to prevent making a one line post. See? Like this. Look at this effort man...
Luftwaffle
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada29 Posts
November 01 2011 14:17 GMT
#340
I don't mean this in a rude way at all but "Gordon Hayward" featured gave me a chuckle Hopefully he streams more now!
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 153
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14396
firebathero 113
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto88
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5046
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2240
mouzStarbuck426
JimRising 409
KnowMe233
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1182
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• musti20045 26
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 47m
INu's Battles
12h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
Replay Cast
23h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.