• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7978 users

Farewell, Liquid`HuK - Page 115

Forum Index > News
3336 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 117 167 Next
denzelz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States604 Posts
August 16 2011 18:56 GMT
#2281
This news is really sad for me. For me, as someone who started watching SC1 in its waning years, and watched SC2 grew to be the monster game that it is today, this is the sign that the sport is truly changing. No longer are teams bound by friendship or mutual interests, but now, mostly by money or contracts. Of course, this development is not negative, but I'm still deciding how I feel about it all.

Before this, I always thought of ESPORTS as equivalent to college-level sports, where players play for the love of the sport or the opportunity to go to school on a scholarship. There was never much "profit" to be made from it. Now, it is becoming like the NFL, eh, when so much money is involved, it loses a little bit of "heart". I know that doesn't mean shit in monetary terms, but there is still an emotional element to it all.
OliverDONG
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada151 Posts
August 16 2011 18:56 GMT
#2282
im sad that HuK left TL, but im glad EG will keep him in korea and even bring idrA with him, cant be bad !
T.BonePickens
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States50 Posts
August 16 2011 18:56 GMT
#2283
I will continue to root for Huk, always had. He is a great player and based on other aspects he seems to be a great guy in general.
I personally feel a bit of disappointment towards EG in terms of their recruiting. Whenever a place such as Liquid takes on a new member, the person always shows more then just good game play, they show great character(I.E. Jinro, and Seth). I know that money is a big deal, and I am glad HuK is getting paid to do what he loves. It just irks me when EG adds a new addition to their team and its pretty much the blanket statement that they are "good". More and more EG is starting to feel like the New York Yankees in SC2. More concerned about fielding the best players, rather than the most hard working players.
With that said I will still root for Idra, and Incontrol, however as a team on a whole EG lost some points in my book
All Greatness begins Small
Cheydahi
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom37 Posts
August 16 2011 18:57 GMT
#2284
Shame to see HuK leave after Liquid aquired 2 great new players. Can't argue with his decision though and EG will pay the big bucks.

GL HuK in the future.
Kaeru
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Sweden552 Posts
August 16 2011 18:57 GMT
#2285
--- Nuked ---
Stefan0172
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands16 Posts
August 16 2011 18:57 GMT
#2286
HuK you did the smart thing choosing for EG, it's good that you realise that its your job. I became a bigger fan of you.
Xaerkar
Profile Joined January 2011
United States230 Posts
August 16 2011 18:57 GMT
#2287
Good luck Huk, best of wishes. Tear it up in Korea!
ScouraE
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada28 Posts
August 16 2011 18:57 GMT
#2288
Really sad but i wonder what idra has to say about this
Wirting is a process not a product
Lami
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland8 Posts
August 16 2011 18:58 GMT
#2289
I think Huk didn't notice that it takes more pylons to type EG than TL..

Just kidding, best of luck for Huk!
Ripper41
Profile Joined July 2011
284 Posts
August 16 2011 18:58 GMT
#2290
EG is officially the yankees of starcraft.
CursedRich
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom737 Posts
August 16 2011 18:58 GMT
#2291
On August 17 2011 03:50 h0peless wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:44 FreedonNadd wrote:
Nazgul should post an bank account number where we can donate and sponsor him. He deserves every single penny, and I am sure he would not waste it. I think he knows the esports business very well.


I'd like to see this kind of stuff. And to be honest, I'd see more ads on TL.com - I mean, the site must get a ridiculous amount of hits. And they run a tiny little banner per page.

I like a system like what Day9 did - there's a membership and with it come a few exclusive perks. TL and others could do stuff like that where a membership gets you access to some cool content from the players, like show matches or audience participation stuff.


Im with this, ask TL to have a vote of its members to see if we can assist via more ad's etc.
Chill Winston......
HaRveHHH
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
August 16 2011 18:59 GMT
#2292
Get in HuK! GL with EG. Liquid will miss you but I'm still a fan!
For a wounded man shall say to attack; "If I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven" Such is the rule of honour.
NomiC
Profile Joined July 2011
7 Posts
August 16 2011 18:59 GMT
#2293
I'm sorry, but it has to be said... LOL. Wonder what Idra is thinking
Sakray
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
France2198 Posts
August 16 2011 18:59 GMT
#2294
I think the drama between HuK and IdrA will be so awesome, I absolutely need to see it !
SushilS
Profile Joined November 2010
2115 Posts
August 16 2011 19:00 GMT
#2295
On August 17 2011 03:52 Spoke wrote:
I'm a Huk Fan, but even more i'm a liquid fan...and I don't like EG, because they think they could buy everything with money...the last 36 hours I was hoping that it would not happen. I understand that money makes the world go round, but while I was watching the EG Video to introduce Huk i just wanted to throw up....maybe the innocent times of SC2 are over, but it hurts to see this "Wrestling Promotion" things coming out of this company, EG reminds me more and more of the Quote "[My goal has been] to take all the fun out of making video games" from Bobby Kotick. But now its not making but competing... Farewell Huk...in a better world you would come back after a few months because you know where your home is!

OMG. THIS. EXACTLY THIS.
Huk. this sux.... I guess gotta find sum1else to cheer on. I've stuck with you thru everything so far and supported you on forums e'en during you dark days but I CANNOT support this with you. And to the people who are all talking bout futures and shit... Money cannot buy you happines...
BRB signing outta fan club...
iceiceice: I’m going to make this short; I am the one true tinker player.
Sobba
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden576 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 19:03:24
August 16 2011 19:00 GMT
#2296
EG is the Barcelona of Starcraft! Who are the yankees? never heard of them.

Anyone saying its a bad move by HuK is stupid imo. You have to take the money and especially when SC2 is peaking right now and HuK is doing really well, might not get as good a deal in 1 year.
Pratoss
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada201 Posts
August 16 2011 19:01 GMT
#2297
On August 17 2011 04:00 Sobba wrote:
EG is the Barcelona of Starcraft! Who are the yankees? never heard of them.


barca? don't you mean real madrid...
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
August 16 2011 19:01 GMT
#2298
This is pretty disappointing.
ZeroKewl
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany5 Posts
August 16 2011 19:01 GMT
#2299
NOOOOOOO!!!!!
Good Luck though
I'll always be a fan of yours <3 <3 <3
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
August 16 2011 19:01 GMT
#2300
On August 17 2011 03:51 OrChard wrote:
Evil Genius will change its name to Evil Business

If you cant beat the other team, then you must get rid of them. Buying HuK is double profit for EG.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 117 167 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1162
Hyun 528
GuemChi 438
firebathero 412
BeSt 357
Hyuk 236
Soma 181
Mong 141
Shine 76
PianO 69
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 65
910 49
sSak 45
Jaedong 34
ZergMaN 28
Shinee 24
Bale 23
yabsab 19
HiyA 18
Noble 13
Sharp 6
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss997
olofmeister814
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King292
Other Games
summit1g8496
gofns8461
ceh9646
JimRising 428
KnowMe145
Trikslyr29
Pyrionflax16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick453
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos875
• Stunt412
Other Games
• Shiphtur445
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 1m
Patches Events
7h 1m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.