• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7088 users

[NASL] The Verdict - Page 6

Forum Index > News
200 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Quesa
Profile Joined November 2010
United States304 Posts
July 19 2011 23:03 GMT
#101
I don't particularly care what strides they make in improving production value, stream quality, caster performance or anything of the like, if next season's finale is set to take 16 great players and play 16 matches over 3 days, I'm out now.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
bertu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Brazil871 Posts
July 19 2011 23:03 GMT
#102
On July 20 2011 07:48 Waxangel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On July 20 2011 07:47 DontGiveUp wrote:
For me, the greatest problem with NASL was the stream lagging in some regions through the season and specially in the finals (definitely wasn't an isolated problem, as several people reported the same kind of lag at the same times) and poor costumer support when dealing with those issues.

I could live with a bad stream for a good tournament if they promised to eventually fix things, but watching how they handled the many issues in this league just made me lose faith. The impression I had is that they have no clue on what they are doing as a professional business, even though they are good people with good intentions.

My verdict: skeptical and disappointed. It would take a MLG-esque comeback to make me buy another ticket, but I don't see it happening with their organization. Best of luck for them, though, the idea of an american based starleague has so much potential.


I can't be sure, but I think that the stream lag was a regional justin.tv prob?


I also can't know for sure, but during the finals there were people complaining about the same kind of lag (heavy spikes during games, but not during interviews) and they were from different regions.

Than again, having a lagged stream during a weekend is a big issue, but not the end of the world. It's just that, for me, that was the tipping point after an accumulation of other problems.
SEKO SEKO SEKO
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
July 19 2011 23:06 GMT
#103
On July 20 2011 08:03 DontGiveUp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 07:48 Waxangel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On July 20 2011 07:47 DontGiveUp wrote:
For me, the greatest problem with NASL was the stream lagging in some regions through the season and specially in the finals (definitely wasn't an isolated problem, as several people reported the same kind of lag at the same times) and poor costumer support when dealing with those issues.

I could live with a bad stream for a good tournament if they promised to eventually fix things, but watching how they handled the many issues in this league just made me lose faith. The impression I had is that they have no clue on what they are doing as a professional business, even though they are good people with good intentions.

My verdict: skeptical and disappointed. It would take a MLG-esque comeback to make me buy another ticket, but I don't see it happening with their organization. Best of luck for them, though, the idea of an american based starleague has so much potential.


I can't be sure, but I think that the stream lag was a regional justin.tv prob?


I also can't know for sure, but during the finals there were people complaining about the same kind of lag (heavy spikes during games, but not during interviews) and they were from different regions.

Than again, having a lagged stream during a weekend is a big issue, but not the end of the world. It's just that, for me, that was the tipping point after an accumulation of other problems.


Very true. Occasional stream lagging is somewhat acceptable, but the other major errors that seriously took away from the enjoyment of the event should be addressed. No doubt in my mind NASL won't trip over hte same rock twice.
wtfstarcraf
Profile Joined April 2011
United States6 Posts
July 19 2011 23:08 GMT
#104
videos are really cool keep up the work guys...priceless
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
July 19 2011 23:24 GMT
#105
I think, though the reactions in this thread are pretty diverse, the response is clear. The NASL got a mixed verdict. It got off on the weightier charges, but will still be doing some significant community service.

I thought this recap did a good job of covering the multiple angles of this event. This being the North American Starleague, and the heftiest portion of TL staff being from the US, this was definitely the most extensive coverage we've gotten. And whatever weaknesses in "TV-sports-ness" the NASL might've had, it really showed the strength of this growing community. Well done to all the writers involved.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 23:41:44
July 19 2011 23:33 GMT
#106
Thanks for the positive responses everyone! I just got the off the phone, and guess which community got another video interview with White-Ra on the 24th? XD
[image loading]

No, I am not going to hand out White-Ra's cellphone number.
Thank God and gunrun.
OPL3SA2
Profile Joined April 2011
United States378 Posts
July 19 2011 23:36 GMT
#107
"He told me if I wanted to set it, up he'd be ok with it."

How does a typo like that occur? (without being dyslexic)
Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
July 20 2011 00:00 GMT
#108
I'm one of those that feel the NASL overhyped and under-delivered. I understand that they're inexperienced and have pure intentions, but that doesn't exempt them. The grand finals may have produced an excellent final series, but the rest was, imo, a really big mess. I'm optimistic that they've learned from this though, as their streams were very rough to start as well, but became quite good after a bit, and I hope their next live event improves in the same way.

On July 20 2011 08:36 OPL3SA2 wrote:
"He told me if I wanted to set it, up he'd be ok with it."

How does a typo like that occur? (without being dyslexic)


Shit happens, everyone has typos that make it to print once in a while.

Moderator
pyrethedirtbag
Profile Joined October 2010
United States17 Posts
July 20 2011 00:05 GMT
#109
great story
a dirtbag says what everyone is thinking but wont say
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
July 20 2011 00:12 GMT
#110
Well, as long as Season II can roll around with significantly improved quality, I'm sold. I won't hold Season I against them if they use it as a test run for what could go wrong.

Were some great games, but concerns about invitations proves correct; some of the matches were just boosters to my lackluster liquibetting percentage.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
July 20 2011 00:19 GMT
#111
great write up, my only complaint is that it should have been EVEN LONGER!

bloodmeat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States160 Posts
July 20 2011 00:29 GMT
#112
I couldn't agree with you more about professionalism in starcraft 2. Who cares if its not like a major sporting event. This is a new age and it calls for new rules and traditions.
Your mom is ruining esports.
emythrel
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom2599 Posts
July 20 2011 00:31 GMT
#113
On July 20 2011 09:19 fishjie wrote:
great write up, my only complaint is that it should have been EVEN LONGER!



You have no idea how much was cut, it was an achievement to make it as short as Wax did lol
When there is nothing left to lose but your dignity, it is already gone.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
July 20 2011 00:31 GMT
#114
Amazing writeup, read it all :o
The part about professionalism is perfect.
Gretorp seems to be....a special person. Like the Jean Claude Van Dame of ESPORTS.
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
July 20 2011 01:07 GMT
#115
This is such an amazing write-up I was reliving the moment reading that game 7 recap by emytherel. :3

WhiteRa never fails to make me smile.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 20 2011 01:09 GMT
#116
On July 20 2011 08:33 Primadog wrote:
Thanks for the positive responses everyone! I just got the off the phone, and guess which community got another video interview with White-Ra on the 24th? XD
[image loading]

No, I am not going to hand out White-Ra's cellphone number.

That's a korean restaurant right? Man I wish they had more of those over here.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
AgentZero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States28 Posts
July 20 2011 01:11 GMT
#117
Great write-up I think it summed up the whole tourney pretty well. I was one of the people who paid for NASL season 1 and when everything clicked they really looked like they wanted to be the premier SC2 tourney in NA. When it didn't work it usually blew up spectacularly. Overall I was happy with the money I spent and will gladly pay for season 2. I also have to say, kudos to NASL for going with their "homegrown" team in the finals. Geoff and Andre put in a lot of time this season and arguably sacrificed a lot to consistently cast the ton of games that NASL put out. They earned their time on the big stage. I think the two of them really developed some nice chemistry this season and how much they've grown as casters was on display at the finals.
SgtPepper
Profile Joined November 2010
United States568 Posts
July 20 2011 01:12 GMT
#118
Gretorp, hang in there man!!
"After I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I'm going to reconquer my tea shop! And I'm going to play Pai Sho every day."
Kelsin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States253 Posts
July 20 2011 01:17 GMT
#119
Nice write up guys, loved reading all of it. Thanks
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
July 20 2011 01:25 GMT
#120
"Somehow I don't think this guy is going anywhere..."
Why?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
ProTech121
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2147
Shuttle 1102
Snow 89
Dewaltoss 60
Noble 49
Bale 42
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1098
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor557
Other Games
summit1g8666
JimRising 630
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft282
Mew2King209
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 20
• practicex 18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota248
League of Legends
• Lourlo1064
• Rush656
• Stunt253
Other Games
• Scarra713
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 40m
OSC
17h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.