• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:24
CEST 05:24
KST 12:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8157 users

[NASL] The Verdict - Page 7

Forum Index > News
200 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 01:28:54
July 20 2011 01:27 GMT
#121
There's no denying that day 1 was awful. From the 2 hour delay, to having no audio for a good part of the broadcast, it was shoddy. But to be perfectly honest with you, by the time we reached the grand final I didn't even care about all of that. The crowd, the commentators and the quality/intensity of the final games generated so much energy, you couldn't help but be excited.

And for all the crap InControl and Gretorp have received (I'll admit, I'm not their biggest fans with regards to commentary), they did an INCREDIBLE job in the grand finals. I dare someone to find a single complaint. People kicked and screamed for Tastosis, but these two were actually fantastic.

Personally, I can't wait for Season 2.

EDIT: Oooh, forgot to say - like everyone else, I'm quite disappointed that it was only single elimination. But hey, it was a building/learning experience. The next one will be better, it's inevitable.
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
July 20 2011 01:39 GMT
#122
I have to agree strongly with the article on professionalism. A professional sound engineer or producer or any of the other background staff is one that nobody thinks about whatsoever. I'm fairly sad that NASL either didn't employ the right people or couldn't afford to or what, because there were some clear issues when it came to professionalism. In fact, the defence for poor professionalism often seemed to be "Well this is really difficult and we're doing our best", which seems to essentially be admitting that you're not really professionals.

Still, people can be crazily harsh. Personal attacks are really unwarranted. I find it hard to question the dedication and desire to create a good product even if there were big issues, and that at least should be commended. The failure came in biting off more than those involved could chew, and if over ambition is the worst quality of an organisation then it's something I can forgive so long as they learn from it.

Overall, I'm glad I didn't pay for anything, especially considering I missed some of the finals because of genuinely the most ridiculous scheduling ever (the second worst thing you can do with scheduling is have hours of dead air, the very worst is trying to rectify that by showing things TWO HOURS EARLY when you haven't done that at all before) but I appreciate the effort that went into it and enjoyed a lot of the games. I won't be paying for NASL2 either because I simply don't trust that they'll do a good enough job yet, but I'll certainly be watching and hoping they succeed.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
hmunkey
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom1973 Posts
July 20 2011 01:39 GMT
#123
You gave NASL far too much credit for the level of production they put on. I understand you're walking a fine line as TL is a major SC2 fansite, but still, why is it so hard for us to be honest?
AndreiDaGiant
Profile Joined October 2010
United States394 Posts
July 20 2011 01:49 GMT
#124
you my boy gretorp! :D really nice writeup! so much info!
Terran Metal for the Win
mr.reee
Profile Joined November 2010
121 Posts
July 20 2011 01:52 GMT
#125
On July 20 2011 10:39 hmunkey wrote:
You gave NASL far too much credit for the level of production they put on. I understand you're walking a fine line as TL is a major SC2 fansite, but still, why is it so hard for us to be honest?



Amen!
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
July 20 2011 02:15 GMT
#126
Gretorp is always calm and collected. Great job this season, can't wait to see you during season 2.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 20 2011 02:18 GMT
#127
On July 20 2011 10:39 hmunkey wrote:
You gave NASL far too much credit for the level of production they put on. I understand you're walking a fine line as TL is a major SC2 fansite, but still, why is it so hard for us to be honest?


Yeah..

On the day of the finals I had set aside the issues from the entire season and the first two days. I hadn't forgotten but I wasn't going to let them spoil a potentially exciting finale. Then, as I was watching the losers final I got a call from my sister asking for help. Without a moments consideration for the epic finals and production quality I got up and left, coming back to see the final game. I later watched the VODs.

As you can guess, I was not the least bit invested to see the finals after being let down so many times. If I was free I'd have watched every single game live but you can only push so far before I just don't care. There's a lot of tournaments out there and I don't have to watch if my most notable memory is 10game/12hour


You could have guessed it but the only article that captured how I felt accurately was by jimlloyd. I apologize for bringing negativity to this thread, I have high hopes for season 2. But this is how I feel.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
July 20 2011 02:30 GMT
#128
Not that game 7 of MC vs. Puma wasn't epic, it's just that the whole series was so incredible that you can't say that game seven was the highlight of the whole series.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
RPGabe
Profile Joined January 2010
United States192 Posts
July 20 2011 02:41 GMT
#129
So exciting. Barcraft is awesome, NASL is awesome, Gretorp's grown so much. Onward and upward~
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
July 20 2011 02:44 GMT
#130
I'm glad Elly is getting more coverage now! Elly hwaiting!!

+ Show Spoiler +
thanks for the writeup too :3
133 221 333 123 111
Plutonik
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada329 Posts
July 20 2011 03:01 GMT
#131
nasl was great, but the pictures on this thread are so annoying imo!
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 03:05:22
July 20 2011 03:04 GMT
#132
On July 20 2011 10:27 Dox wrote:
There's no denying that day 1 was awful. From the 2 hour delay, to having no audio for a good part of the broadcast, it was shoddy. But to be perfectly honest with you, by the time we reached the grand final I didn't even care about all of that. The crowd, the commentators and the quality/intensity of the final games generated so much energy, you couldn't help but be excited.

And for all the crap InControl and Gretorp have received (I'll admit, I'm not their biggest fans with regards to commentary), they did an INCREDIBLE job in the grand finals. I dare someone to find a single complaint. People kicked and screamed for Tastosis, but these two were actually fantastic.

Personally, I can't wait for Season 2.

EDIT: Oooh, forgot to say - like everyone else, I'm quite disappointed that it was only single elimination. But hey, it was a building/learning experience. The next one will be better, it's inevitable.



Agreed with absolutely everything you said lol. The atmosphere was electric and as good as any event so far, and Gretorp and Incontrol REALLY stepped up for the grand finals. Superb commentary, really loved it. The finals, the semi finals were all unbelievable series...I was just in love with this event.
They need to work on their production, but I'm optimistic that they'll do that
And yeah, double elimintation should be considered for season 2!!

Great writeup TL!!
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
July 20 2011 03:16 GMT
#133
--- Nuked ---
emythrel
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom2599 Posts
July 20 2011 03:17 GMT
#134
On July 20 2011 11:30 Retgery wrote:
Not that game 7 of MC vs. Puma wasn't epic, it's just that the whole series was so incredible that you can't say that game seven was the highlight of the whole series.


I selected it because it was a fitting feature game to go with the theme "the ends justify the means", I did even note in my parting words that it arguably wasn't the best game ;p
When there is nothing left to lose but your dignity, it is already gone.
Heraklitus
Profile Joined September 2010
United States553 Posts
July 20 2011 03:28 GMT
#135
Well this is weird. The DC Barcraft thing purports to be written by me but I had nothing to do with writing it.
BlackMTsidE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States32 Posts
July 20 2011 03:29 GMT
#136
It's inevitable that season 1 had hiccups. So what? You can whine about it all day, but it's indisputable that they had some of the best players in the world, playing some awesome matches, as long as we have that, everything else will fall in line. Season 2's production values will be much better, these are smart people, they will learn from their mistakes. I can't wait. Great job NASL, my $25 well spent and looking forward to more.
wtchuwahmon
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia63 Posts
July 20 2011 03:32 GMT
#137
Ohhh man what i would do for a Barcraft group in Western Australia... Hell what i would do for some friends in WA who were into the SC scene... Awesome write up and reviews love the work going into the scene these days... I'll continueing watching every event from home cheering on all the nerd ballers! much <3
Craminit
Profile Joined June 2011
United States58 Posts
July 20 2011 03:36 GMT
#138
I'll admit it and say that at first i disliked Gretorp. But man did that guy grow and me as the season went on. awesome wright up.
saritenite
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Singapore1680 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 03:49:12
July 20 2011 03:41 GMT
#139
On July 20 2011 06:07 shindigs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 05:47 Kennigit wrote:
I'm so proud of you guys for putting this together :3 - amazing coverage.
Also note at 01:45 in shindigs interview with Lindsey Sporrer - Tasteless walks by causing shindigs to lose all interest in the Beauty Queen hahaha. Power of ESPORTS.


I deny nothing and stand by my actions.


Good man, we understand and wish we were in your position too.

On July 20 2011 06:05 DND_Enkil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 05:46 nekuodah wrote:
On July 20 2011 05:34 bigbeau wrote:
I don't understand how you can ignore their faults just because they got LUCKY and had an amazing finals. The production was crap. The epicness of a finals is not a result of the tournament organizers.


I agree with this, the tournament was saved by such an epic finals had those games been a 4-0 cheesefest NASL would probably be remembered as the worst tournament in history :s i am however cautiously optimistic about season 2, if they do follow up on their word and improve ill be happy to support them but if its another catastrophy i will lose all faith in them and their ability to learn from mistakes.

On the topic of the write up its great and detailed me likey, also nothing tops the awesomeness that is white-ra <3333


Yeah, great games awful tournament...
I hope they halve the prize pool and put that money into proffesional help. Tastosis recently said GSL has 3 make up artists on staff... 3 make up artists, while i get the impression NASL did a shoutout on IRC and grabbed the first 10 people volounteering. The difference in production is just astonishing, for me to be interested in the future they need to rethink their budget big-time.

I am soundy pessimistic about season 2, but they did power thru the first season despite all troube so... I am cautiosly optimistic about season 3.


If the 3 make-up artists artists are the main point with which you compare GSL and NASL, sir, then I'll direct you to this thread. Just scroll down to the feature.

Barcraft is something I'd like to start here, if possible. Maybe open my own cafe and put in the TVs and stuff. ESPORTS fan forever.

From the poster below me:

On July 20 2011 12:44 sup bro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 12:29 BlackMTsidE wrote:
It's inevitable that season 1 had hiccups. So what? You can whine about it all day, but it's indisputable that they had some of the best players in the world, playing some awesome matches, as long as we have that, everything else will fall in line. Season 2's production values will be much better, these are smart people, they will learn from their mistakes. I can't wait. Great job NASL, my $25 well spent and looking forward to more.

They didn't even have the best players in the world though. They invited so many average foreigners and even some of the koreans that were invited (ace, squirtle, Boxer) just aren't that good. The only code s players were zenio, Nada, July and MC iirc. If they actually had mkp, mvp, nestea, sc, losira, etc then you could say they had the best players. They had a subpar player lineup and a terrible production plan for a tournament this hyped with this much prize money.


I don't think he said "all of the best players in the world'. And Losira and sc aren't that good. The person to watch is Byun. Also, don't diss their production plan, they've done way more for the community than most of us have.

Nice first post bro.
sup bro
Profile Joined July 2011
1 Post
July 20 2011 03:44 GMT
#140
On July 20 2011 12:29 BlackMTsidE wrote:
It's inevitable that season 1 had hiccups. So what? You can whine about it all day, but it's indisputable that they had some of the best players in the world, playing some awesome matches, as long as we have that, everything else will fall in line. Season 2's production values will be much better, these are smart people, they will learn from their mistakes. I can't wait. Great job NASL, my $25 well spent and looking forward to more.

They didn't even have the best players in the world though. They invited so many average foreigners and even some of the koreans that were invited (ace, squirtle, Boxer) just aren't that good. The only code s players were zenio, Nada, July and MC iirc. If they actually had mkp, mvp, nestea, sc, losira, etc then you could say they had the best players. They had a subpar player lineup and a terrible production plan for a tournament this hyped with this much prize money.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 192
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1459
Bale 49
Dewaltoss 37
NaDa 32
Noble 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
JimRising 639
Counter-Strike
taco 362
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox703
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor909
Other Games
summit1g8936
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft323
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP163
• Hupsaiya 135
• davetesta17
• Letter146
• Response 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo613
Other Games
• Scarra894
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 37m
OSC
18h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.