• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:32
CEST 22:32
KST 05:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8837 users

No GOM Classic Season 4? - Page 13

Forum Index > News
401 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 Next All
RinoZerg
Profile Joined May 2008
Australia130 Posts
September 14 2009 22:01 GMT
#241
KESPA is a complete failure of a sporting governing body. The broadcasters have control? That can never be good for the growth of the sport. They will always squeeze out the competition and have no reason to improve conditions for the players. Where are the players going to go?

The only chance I can see of this being fixed is Blizzard somehow buying/forcing the broadcasters out of KESPA and creating an independant governing body for starcraft or Blizzard creating a new sporting body with GOM.

Fingers crossed.
yarders
Profile Joined August 2009
United Kingdom194 Posts
September 14 2009 22:10 GMT
#242
On September 15 2009 05:49 Dametri wrote:
Lot of first-time posters and very low-count posters posting in this thread. The general consensus from them also seems to be "fuck, gomtv is what brought me into e-sports in the first place!"
It seems to me that gomtv did way more for the foreign community than just about anything else that's happened in the past... 9 years or so (as evidenced by the tens of thousands of views of season 2 videos).
I'd love to hear from these types of fans exactly how they feel about watching games between foreigners with english commentary. The future of SC lies with the foreign community (or so I feel), and gomtv has been the best thing for the foreign community since SC's inception (and still could be if there is enough interest in foreigners playing each other )


Yup I got into the pro-scene through Gom as well. Alot of hardcore long time posters seem to be saying there not that bothered because the Gom league wasn't that good/high quality anyway. Well that may be true but Gom has helped bring thousands of casual foreigners like myself into e-sports. I felt like it has set the scene for e-sports to explode globally with SC2. I imagined watching games not on the internet but on TV in the future. Now it seems like all the good work has been undone and this may never happen.

As regards to watching foreigners with english commentary, I believe Gom already had a foreigner tournament (the valor tournament). I see the valor tournament final has about 40 times fewer views than the intel classic. I would watch a foreigner tournament but it will be like watching 2nd division football. Somehow it just wont be the same knowing your not watching the best.
Tekin
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2711 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-14 22:12:26
September 14 2009 22:12 GMT
#243
All i can say wasup with the hate Korea? I guess the plan was.

First we hit the kpop industry then we hit eSports with GOM Season 4 canceled.
Cheers! //¯◡◡¯\\ 문채원 | 한지우 -___-
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
September 14 2009 22:16 GMT
#244
hmm maybe KeSPA should be less interested in being super profitable.
if you give people what they want they'll generally flock to you and BAM $$$ rolls in.
KeSPA needs to appeal to the foreign community else they'll be locked to a korean market which is very tiny, they need to reach out to china/states/euro.
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-14 22:41:25
September 14 2009 22:25 GMT
#245
Until I see Tasteless or SDM saying this on camera I don't believe it, Someone probably just stolen SDM twitter account is posting random crap.

EDIT: could someone get into contact with tasteless and SDM and confirm this and get more details?
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
koOl
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada254 Posts
September 14 2009 22:31 GMT
#246
urgh..how awful...gom season 1 was really the first tournament i watched fully
hihi
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
September 14 2009 22:51 GMT
#247
MYLOSTTEMPLE
is it true?
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
September 14 2009 22:52 GMT
#248
I know several people who have been brought into the incredible sporting world of SC through GOM, largely because it offers the very rare opportunity for actually well informed English commentary. I don't know what gives anyone below B/B- rank the right to commentate on games played by the best (many commentators can sound very ignorant to well informed listeners), and SDM and especially Tasteless brought insightful and interesting, not to mention funny commentary to the game, making it accessible to n00bs. Gomtv was a brilliant vessel, even if it was below OSL/MSL/PL standards. The SC community will, I think, feel a definite blow in losing it, if these reports are true.
EleGant[AoV]
Felby
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway81 Posts
September 14 2009 22:56 GMT
#249
wow

speechless
Raydog
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States632 Posts
September 14 2009 22:57 GMT
#250
do sdm/tasteless do any other commentating? either as a team or solo..

cuz i enjoy watching starcraft, but I like it more when I hear english commentary rather than korean
Shew
lighter
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States152 Posts
September 14 2009 23:03 GMT
#251
T_T

This sucks. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK KESPA

aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
September 14 2009 23:10 GMT
#252
GOM is part of the reason I'm here too (technically Blizzcon '07's tournament is the real reason). I and a group of people I know got into SC because of watching the tournament every Saturday night.

Really won't be the same without it :/
Badred
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada129 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-14 23:20:57
September 14 2009 23:18 GMT
#253
Is anyone actually sad because we're losing a quality tournament?

I have a feeling the real reason there's so much rage is because what we're actually losing is quality English commentary of korean pro Starcraft. If MBC or OGN hired Tastless, SDM, Artosis or whoever to do some English commentary for the next season of pro-league or star-league games, I think we'd all settle down pretty quickly. Amiright?

Hint, hint, hint. *nudges MBC/OGN*
QQplay
Profile Joined February 2009
United States229 Posts
September 14 2009 23:32 GMT
#254
/RAGE
/QQ
Stupid Kespa.
TheFallofTroy
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada780 Posts
September 14 2009 23:33 GMT
#255
On September 14 2009 17:47 p4NDemik wrote:
Honestly I won't miss the tournament as a whole very much - there's just so many games being played when PL/MSL/OSL all get running at full speed, and GOM was never something I would make time to watch. I will however miss the chances to see unique/old-timer gamers in proper televised matches and not just prelims.


This is exactly how I feel about this.

I mean, GOM was good, but it always came after MSL/OSL/PL in prestige and excitement. Hopefully something good comes from this and we can get more English commentary on MSL/OSL/PL.
^_^V
Gnaix
Profile Joined February 2009
United States438 Posts
September 14 2009 23:48 GMT
#256
kespa's the best!
one thing that sc2 has over bw is the fact that I can actually manage my hotkeys
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
September 14 2009 23:49 GMT
#257
Why would teams suddenly not decide to participate? It's not like any situation changed from last season.
Writer
Gnaix
Profile Joined February 2009
United States438 Posts
September 14 2009 23:51 GMT
#258
Because kespa owns the teams, that's why.
one thing that sc2 has over bw is the fact that I can actually manage my hotkeys
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-14 23:52:30
September 14 2009 23:52 GMT
#259
On September 15 2009 08:33 Machine[eh] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2009 17:47 p4NDemik wrote:
Honestly I won't miss the tournament as a whole very much - there's just so many games being played when PL/MSL/OSL all get running at full speed, and GOM was never something I would make time to watch. I will however miss the chances to see unique/old-timer gamers in proper televised matches and not just prelims.


This is exactly how I feel about this.

I mean, GOM was good, but it always came after MSL/OSL/PL in prestige and excitement. Hopefully something good comes from this and we can get more English commentary on MSL/OSL/PL.

I'd argue that there's already an overabundance of English commentary on non-GOM leagues. The demand GOM satisfied wasn't English commentary in general, but live, professional (in terms of mic quality, the casters' presence at GOM's studio), and conveniently available English commentary.

I am downplaying GOM's importance a bit, so I'd like to check myself by saying that, especially after reading all of the comments from new BW fans who were drawn by the tournament, I agree that it's been the most significant development in the foreign BW scene in the past few years. GOM bridged the gap between foreigner and Korean like no other tournament.
✌
G3nXsiS
Profile Joined July 2009
United States656 Posts
September 14 2009 23:52 GMT
#260
As usual......... FUCK KESPA thats all I can say.
Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 249
JuggernautJason121
Nina 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 194
firebathero 77
910 43
Trap 25
NaDa 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0175
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9607
crisheroes1761
Liquid`Hasu1755
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g6001
Liquid`RaSZi5418
Beastyqt830
shahzam468
B2W.Neo287
Pyrionflax135
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS112
ZombieGrub102
IndyStarCraft 85
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream384
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 10
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• Eskiya23 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV406
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 28m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.