• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:21
CEST 02:21
KST 09:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9849 users

[GG] Mafia XII - The Summer Season - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 76 Next
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
July 07 2009 06:44 GMT
#421
Truthbringer after the day post: "Is it worth analyzing on priest so that an angel can protect him or should we just hope the mafia don't figure out who he is?"

Such a fricking obvious tell. Much worse than ydg talking about how the priest should roleclaim after we can make him invulnerable. Why was this not in your post L? I showed it to BC and he said well YDG has a wider body of tells but honestly nothing he's done seems that suspicious to me and there hasn't been a single clue toward him. Truthbringer's clues we're good, I thought araav's were better but a vote for araav is useless at this point, and Truthbringer's behavior + clues easily outweighs araav's clue + behavior so I'm changing my vote.

It's obvious priest clues are only there to help mafia and, secondarily, angels. Truthbringer's been in a few games, I'm sure he'd understand that. Given the night 1 hit list, mafia suck at analysis and were probably hoping for a freebie from us. No can do.

Also, I dunno how the hell BC could honestly miss that. I still believe the araav analysis I made, but BC is still on about this vehicle thing that seems iffy to me. But he's also going on about how YDG wants to know about the Priest when TB was doing the same thing, but worse. Plus there are zero clues for YDG vs. plenty for TB. His discussion hasn't been much less chaotic than YDG's, starting with araav and moving to YDGs so (sorry I'm capitalizing it, I can't help it ) I'm not totally buying it but I'll go after him if clues come up. Could be that BC is doing great analysis on the priest behind the scenes and shotgunning gems like "entusman -> enterman" in the thread. If MBH is rezzed, we're in the clear. If not, I wouldn't role claim to anybody. Whether BC is good or bad aligned we can force him to use double lynches in our favor (or give himself away if maf). I see he's posting now about the truthbringer evidence I showed him in MSN...
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
July 07 2009 06:52 GMT
#422
Also, I suppose I should post this, too: BloodyC0bbler informed me that if you look at the first set of mafia kills on the player list, 7, 15, 19, 21 and change them into letters, it spells: G O S U... I dunno how someone would figure that out although I suppose I should be happy that our mafia enemies are more intent on playing Alphabet Soup than Mafia. BC says Plexa told him that but that could just be a ploy to get me to think he's innocent (and thus in need of Plexa to explain the kill list to him since that implies BC was not involved in its creation) and to use the first set of kills to take suspicion off of skilled, active players and onto people who take the game less seriously. Dunno what to think. I LOLed at first but it obviously should be able to tell us something useful.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
July 07 2009 06:56 GMT
#423
On July 07 2009 15:52 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Also, I suppose I should post this, too: BloodyC0bbler informed me that if you look at the first set of mafia kills on the player list, 7, 15, 19, 21 and change them into letters, it spells: G O S U...

hahahaha what

That's hilarious and a little sad.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
July 07 2009 06:58 GMT
#424
just got back from a mini-vacation. will catch up asap.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
July 07 2009 07:02 GMT
#425
On July 07 2009 15:56 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2009 15:52 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Also, I suppose I should post this, too: BloodyC0bbler informed me that if you look at the first set of mafia kills on the player list, 7, 15, 19, 21 and change them into letters, it spells: G O S U...

hahahaha what

That's hilarious and a little sad.


QFT.

I read. I analyzed. Then my brain said "LEAVE ME ALONE AND GET SOME FUCKING SLEEP DUDE"

I've been up way too long. I'm going to bed. I'll post tomorrow.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
July 07 2009 07:21 GMT
#426
not done reading through (on page 19) but i would like to note that an overly hostile figure has a high chance of being mafia. that means you ydg.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
July 07 2009 08:16 GMT
#427
On July 07 2009 15:44 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Truthbringer after the day post: "Is it worth analyzing on priest so that an angel can protect him or should we just hope the mafia don't figure out who he is?"

Such a fricking obvious tell. Much worse than ydg talking about how the priest should roleclaim after we can make him invulnerable. Why was this not in your post L? I showed it to BC and he said well YDG has a wider body of tells but honestly nothing he's done seems that suspicious to me and there hasn't been a single clue toward him. Truthbringer's clues we're good, I thought araav's were better but a vote for araav is useless at this point, and Truthbringer's behavior + clues easily outweighs araav's clue + behavior so I'm changing my vote.


Sorry for weighing in so late. I think this is fairly sums up why I'm suspicious of truthbringer. I think also at this point we do get information from his death beyond his role. Info about bandwagons, distractions, anti-bandwagons etc.

Oh and in case any player is legitimately wondering, it would be a Bad idea for us to publicly (or even privately in circles) identify the priest before MBH is revived.

Also the thing about BC and G.O.S.U. is interesting, kind of reminds me of mafia 2, when we used the suicide bomber, we couldn't stop the bomber from gloating in the thread. That said, entirely possible that Plexa told him or that he just noticed it.

I just spilt milk (hah!) onto my laptop today so I can increase my activity now that I kind of have an impromptu holiday while I sort that out.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-07 08:58:30
July 07 2009 08:57 GMT
#428
don't think this has been mentioned yet but scamp's quote is "cheese is good for you!". bit of an obvious connection and i don't really know what to make out of it but just thought i'd throw it out there.

edit: in my mind it made sense... but i totally forgot to mention that the aforementioned cheese may connect to the cheese factory
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
July 07 2009 09:29 GMT
#429

I suppose I should be happy that our mafia enemies are more intent on playing Alphabet Soup than Mafia

senseless killing :D:D
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Lenwe
Profile Joined March 2008
Netherlands757 Posts
July 07 2009 10:17 GMT
#430
First off, as L stated, people should think and analyze for themselves. Don't follow blind orders and when you read an analyzis from someone else, go back and check it there is truth in it. Then post your own thoughts about it.

I'm still voting rain. I don't like taking the risk that mafia found out who the priest is. They could even be throwing us off by lynching badly in the first night to make us believe they are not good in clue analyzing. So I'd rather take the risk that we have a medic who found out who the priest and not loose MBH, than to just hope the mafia haven't found out. Also, because the rules state:
If the weather is Rainy, you may select two targets to protect or protect the same target twice.

This means that with a bit of luck we can reduce mafia kill power as well.

BC, the more you post the less I am starting to like it. I'm not advocating you are mafia (now), but behavioural analyzis combined with what could be a clue in the day 2 post should have everyone be wary at least. The same goes for some other vocal people though, even if they are arguing against you (and should go for me as well, don't trust anyone but MBH really).

I suppose I should be happy that our mafia enemies are more intent on playing Alphabet Soup than Mafia


This could just as easily be a coincidence. But if it is true it could also show that the mafia are so confident that they just lynched like that, because they have such good players they aren't worried by the town's efforts at al so far. So don't let this or there lynching lure you into a false sense of confidence that we as the town are or have better players than they do.

As for truthbringer, I agree that he is probably our best target for now. But I also think that if it is true he has been handed to us on a silver platter, perhaps too easy. So while I don't see a diffirent target that makes more sense, I doubt it will be this easy. That said, abstaining is always too easy because once we loose everyone can lay the blame elsehwere. So I am voting truthbringer.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
July 07 2009 10:26 GMT
#431
by the way there is a shittload of people voting for truthbringer.
If i was mafia i would just slightly sway the number of votes, nothing like that..
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
July 07 2009 10:29 GMT
#432
Also, since we are voting rain when MBH is (hopefully) revived- mystics should do a couple votechecks~! and PM them to MBH, who is a confirmed townie, and he can relay that information to the rest of us, as well as any information on checks etc.

All the blues should roleclaim to MBH if he is revived, Imo. if any mafia tries to fake roleclaim it just makes it easier for him.
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
July 07 2009 10:54 GMT
#433
Why is Truthbringer NOT voting ydg

Simple. They are both Mafia. Truthbringer is a pledge, ydg is mafia, or GF or suicide bomber.

Like i said beforem there is a LOT of new votes for truthbringer
If i was mafia i would just slightly sway the number of votes, nothing like that.

Thoughts?
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
July 07 2009 11:14 GMT
#434
- Truthbringer is taking the bullet for ydg

- mafia simply don't care because truthbringer is townie

- they are both townie and well, mafia are all holding a bag of popcorn and laughing and spelling gosu with their hitlists

all these scenarios make it beneficial to lynch ydg
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Lenwe
Profile Joined March 2008
Netherlands757 Posts
July 07 2009 11:46 GMT
#435
I haven't played nor followed the past few mafia games, but has BWdero always been this silent in the threads? He has so far posted nothing and only band wagon voted (BC and Truthbringer). That combined with what could be a clue, pulsating man, is strange. This perhaps wouldn't be that strange, but he has been linked as a good player in need of medical protection in the beginning of the game. So anyone here has experience with how he normally plays?
BWdero
Profile Joined February 2008
Netherlands476 Posts
July 07 2009 11:58 GMT
#436
On July 07 2009 20:46 Lenwe wrote:
I haven't played nor followed the past few mafia games, but has BWdero always been this silent in the threads? He has so far posted nothing and only band wagon voted (BC and Truthbringer). That combined with what could be a clue, pulsating man, is strange. This perhaps wouldn't be that strange, but he has been linked as a good player in need of medical protection in the beginning of the game. So anyone here has experience with how he normally plays?


I can answer that myself. Yeah, usually I'm quiet. Occasionally I talk a bit. I've been both an active participant and a silent observer as town. The only time I was mafia I made like 3 posts total in the thread so I guess you can hold that against me.
Stars fighting! Member #43 of Violet fan cafe. Fuck Kespa.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
July 07 2009 12:56 GMT
#437
darn i was hoping to survive this game by following blind orders
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
ydg
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States690 Posts
July 07 2009 14:52 GMT
#438
On July 07 2009 16:21 redtooth wrote:
not done reading through (on page 19) but i would like to note that an overly hostile figure has a high chance of being mafia. that means you ydg.


That's unfair...bc and L are just as hostile as me .

On July 07 2009 19:54 HeavOnEarth wrote:
Why is Truthbringer NOT voting ydg

Simple. They are both Mafia. Truthbringer is a pledge, ydg is mafia, or GF or suicide bomber.

Like i said beforem there is a LOT of new votes for truthbringer
If i was mafia i would just slightly sway the number of votes, nothing like that.

Thoughts?


Or it could be that he is....INACTIVE?? He hasn't posted anything here in a while.

On July 07 2009 20:14 HeavOnEarth wrote:
- Truthbringer is taking the bullet for ydg

- mafia simply don't care because truthbringer is townie

- they are both townie and well, mafia are all holding a bag of popcorn and laughing and spelling gosu with their hitlists

all these scenarios make it beneficial to lynch ydg


Most likely the third one, I believe one of the slew of people who just posted to pose as active is mafia and neither me nor truthbringer are mafia. In fact, that's exactly what we did in Pyrrh's game, we just sat back and watched teks and zeks and Shikyo go at it and flew under the radar. But hey, I'll take my vote off truthbringer and let's watch how the deciding votes lie.
The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
July 07 2009 15:06 GMT
#439
Voting is ended i think... O_o
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
July 07 2009 15:19 GMT
#440
I think we're starting to see a bit of a bus on Truthbringer. If he flips red, which I'm not 100% on, but definitely not ruling it out, then a votelist check should probably be done on that list. If he flips green, it'd be worth it as well but I smell a strong stench of diesel.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings98
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE159
ProTech136
SpeCial 101
StarCraft: Brood War
NaDa 27
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever440
canceldota164
NeuroSwarm128
League of Legends
Doublelift4123
Other Games
summit1g6175
JimRising 440
C9.Mang0372
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick729
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP69
• poizon28 34
• davetesta15
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1075
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 39m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.