• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:56
CEST 03:56
KST 10:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7047 users

Mafia VIII [GG] - Page 102

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 107 Next
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 24 2009 08:14 GMT
#2021
I will go with overestimated, but i have said that about alot of the players from the get go =\
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 24 2009 08:24 GMT
#2022
On May 24 2009 14:19 Showtime! wrote:
Worst Mafia: Vivi57 and Scamp – 10:31 and you don’t even think to vote until then? We had this in the bag and it took three of you to be inactive. Yes, it is MBH fault too. -_-


Okay. Right now stop and stop blaming me. I was not at home so I was not chatting but I was out with friends and I spent half an hour on a friend's laptop (9:05 to 9:35) getting ready to change my vote at the last second.

But I couldn't do anything. Why? Because I already had a vote on Tricode. MBH wasn't about to be lynched so I didn't need to take my vote of of him, but if anyone had switched from Ocz to MBH then I would have.

So please stop adding me into the blame here. I don't see what I did wrong.
Cheese is good for you!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 24 2009 08:30 GMT
#2023
On May 24 2009 17:24 Scamp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2009 14:19 Showtime! wrote:
Worst Mafia: Vivi57 and Scamp – 10:31 and you don’t even think to vote until then? We had this in the bag and it took three of you to be inactive. Yes, it is MBH fault too. -_-


Okay. Right now stop and stop blaming me. I was not at home so I was not chatting but I was out with friends and I spent half an hour on a friend's laptop (9:05 to 9:35) getting ready to change my vote at the last second.

But I couldn't do anything. Why? Because I already had a vote on Tricode. MBH wasn't about to be lynched so I didn't need to take my vote of of him, but if anyone had switched from Ocz to MBH then I would have.

So please stop adding me into the blame here. I don't see what I did wrong.

Agreed. I felt scamp played really well early. You pulled off the "clueless noobie" better than I have ever seen anyone do it before. However, you went quiet after a while (around when the election ended I think) and never really started up again.
Uff Da
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 24 2009 08:37 GMT
#2024
Thanks for the compliment but it was really easy to get "confused" in this game. I did try to get some posts in later but everything was just so chaotic I pretty much just got ignored. Incognito questioned me once and L said I was red, but that didn't seem so serious.

I'm still not so sure why Showtime gave us up. I'll check the chat log.
Cheese is good for you!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 08:41:57
May 24 2009 08:41 GMT
#2025
On May 24 2009 17:37 Scamp wrote:
Thanks for the compliment but it was really easy to get "confused" in this game. I did try to get some posts in later but everything was just so chaotic I pretty much just got ignored. Incognito questioned me once and L said I was red, but that didn't seem so serious.

I'm still not so sure why Showtime gave us up. I'll check the chat log.

He gave you up because it was unlikely the town would have missed again. You couldn't kill MTF and the votelists had you pretty much hosed. At least that was my interpretation.
Uff Da
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
May 24 2009 08:42 GMT
#2026
I was going to have you killed on day 3, but I died. You/Showtime, actually.

Was a very good choice killing me when you did.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 24 2009 08:52 GMT
#2027
I would have liked to see someone go after me. I don't think it would have been too difficult to defend myself.
Cheese is good for you!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 24 2009 09:03 GMT
#2028
Yea, Scamp woulda been hard to implicate as he really seemed like a clueless player.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 24 2009 09:04 GMT
#2029
On May 24 2009 18:03 Ace wrote:
Yea, Scamp woulda been hard to implicate as he really seemed like a clueless player.

His clueset was definitely the hardest to figure out. We were hoping it would show up better over time however.
Uff Da
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
May 24 2009 09:07 GMT
#2030
I think the very concept of a veterans game is flawed A game of mafia depends on some people taking charge and leading the town/causing confusion while the rest of us follow and get confused.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 09:11:35
May 24 2009 09:10 GMT
#2031
On May 24 2009 18:07 Plexa wrote:
I think the very concept of a veterans game is flawed A game of mafia depends on some people taking charge and leading the town/causing confusion while the rest of us follow and get confused.

Eh the biggest point of this game was just to have activity. From that point of view, the town did very well. There were only 2 players who missed a vote entirely and a few more who missed half a vote. The problem is in previous games there was always like 5-10 players who nobody knew that joined up and then did nothing all game. This was an attempt to have a game without that factor. However, a higher level of play was definitely desired.
Uff Da
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
May 24 2009 09:14 GMT
#2032
On May 24 2009 18:03 Ace wrote:
Yea, Scamp woulda been hard to implicate as he really seemed like a clueless player.


I disagree. His activity and voting record were very, very strong pointers against him.

But that's coming from the only guy to actually say shit about him, so I'm probably wrong on that point ^_^.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 24 2009 09:24 GMT
#2033
On May 24 2009 18:14 L wrote:
I disagree. His activity and voting record were very, very strong pointers against him.

But that's coming from the only guy to actually say shit about him, so I'm probably wrong on that point ^_^.


Yeah and I was really curious as to whether or not you were serious when you said it. All you said was something like "Scamp is very red. " in the middle of talking about other people as well.

Also BC pointed some clues my way. Of course he was just making shit up, but it's nice to know that no one really cared about it.


Also I wonder if it would have made things worse if you'd have gone after me. I think I could just go: "After the Ver and Ace thing, I think being accused by L is the best proof possible that I am not mafia."
Cheese is good for you!
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
May 24 2009 09:53 GMT
#2034
Well thanks to the people running the game.
Good to see I was medic at BCs eyes LAWL i honestly dont know wtf i will do the day im medic or dt, i think im gonna roleclaim first day to save the role.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
May 24 2009 10:16 GMT
#2035
Hey guys. I'm a DT.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 24 2009 10:20 GMT
#2036
On May 24 2009 19:16 nemY wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a DT.

I never doubted you for a second.
Uff Da
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 24 2009 10:59 GMT
#2037
Oh yeah I don't know if this was mentioned already but for the day 2 clues that pointed to MBH we thought it was for me. The killer seems to act a lot like a cat, and the sore/hoarse throat a hairball or allergies to cats.
Cheese is good for you!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
May 24 2009 11:26 GMT
#2038
Could I please join the next vet game? This current game has like 10 inactives ;_; And with everyone getting modkilled, it's really imbalanced for mafia.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
May 24 2009 12:45 GMT
#2039
Oh, it's over....

Again, completely "on the other side of the Globe" . This being the only European in the game doesn't work out for me.

Also, I lost half my motivation after not getting elected, then another half when Ace got killed, then the last one when Ver didn't turn up red

I was right about Incognito (sent him a PM at the end saying he needs some suspicion or the Mafia will kill him soon, lawl), Caller, Ace. I was right about 3 people -_- Quite pathetic.

To my defense, it's really difficult to play this game without any immediate feed-back. I come up, I post, nobody's online. I go to bed, I come back up, wham! 8 pages of posts. I skim through them, I miss half of vital info, I post again, no response, as everyone is already offline...

Why is it that Europeans aren't into Mafia wars? :/
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
May 24 2009 12:52 GMT
#2040
On May 24 2009 21:45 Mynock wrote:
Oh, it's over....

Again, completely "on the other side of the Globe" . This being the only European in the game doesn't work out for me.

Also, I lost half my motivation after not getting elected, then another half when Ace got killed, then the last one when Ver didn't turn up red

I was right about Incognito (sent him a PM at the end saying he needs some suspicion or the Mafia will kill him soon, lawl), Caller, Ace. I was right about 3 people -_- Quite pathetic.

To my defense, it's really difficult to play this game without any immediate feed-back. I come up, I post, nobody's online. I go to bed, I come back up, wham! 8 pages of posts. I skim through them, I miss half of vital info, I post again, no response, as everyone is already offline...

Why is it that Europeans aren't into Mafia wars? :/

Another reason to have me in the next game
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 107 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings74
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 153
RuFF_SC2 131
ProTech117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14642
Rain 2247
Artosis 596
NaDa 28
Bale 19
League of Legends
Doublelift3482
Counter-Strike
taco 365
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox770
Mew2King129
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1144
Other Games
summit1g9930
Day[9].tv713
JimRising 614
C9.Mang0324
PiGStarcraft321
ViBE52
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP75
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv713
• Scarra521
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 4m
OSC
20h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.