• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:31
CEST 05:31
KST 12:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9543 users

TL Mafia V: The Wrath of KHAAAAAANN - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 61 Next
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
December 30 2008 23:17 GMT
#121
On December 31 2008 07:56 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 07:54 Ace wrote:
I hope the real DTs are looking at the people arguing against me right now because no one can be this stupid.

If BC really was a DT, all this time he would be advocating for himself to be lynched. Because if he REALLY was a DT, him flipping blue would have exposed mikeymoo as liar (since he would have lied about being a blue) and also cleared up some DTs that check mikeymoo to figure shit out by the arrival of Night 2.

BC hasn't once offered himself up as the sacrifice. He has to be lying. Lynch him.


Ace its the information that is gathered from it, In the case of the insane DT you gain more information from lynching the accused than the accuser, that is clear as day, and the fact you dont see it, or are refusing to a) makes you the VI or b) mafia as well.



That's assuming you're a detective in the first place though.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 30 2008 23:27 GMT
#122
On December 31 2008 08:17 Bockit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 07:56 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On December 31 2008 07:54 Ace wrote:
I hope the real DTs are looking at the people arguing against me right now because no one can be this stupid.

If BC really was a DT, all this time he would be advocating for himself to be lynched. Because if he REALLY was a DT, him flipping blue would have exposed mikeymoo as liar (since he would have lied about being a blue) and also cleared up some DTs that check mikeymoo to figure shit out by the arrival of Night 2.

BC hasn't once offered himself up as the sacrifice. He has to be lying. Lynch him.


Ace its the information that is gathered from it, In the case of the insane DT you gain more information from lynching the accused than the accuser, that is clear as day, and the fact you dont see it, or are refusing to a) makes you the VI or b) mafia as well.


Same as game 3, we have no choice but to lynch the accuser. It's always the best option, especially with insane dts in the game. Ace has covered the logic already in his posts, but if you want more go to game 3 and read my posts in there.

There's another reason to lynch BC, because this was such a dumb move by him if he was the dt, behaviourally I have to imagine that he isn't the dt.

This leaves him as either Village Idiot or mafia. Lynching either is a good thing. If he flips VI, he gets his personal win and there'll be less derailment. If he's mafia well we all know that's a good thing.

And then the crux of the matter, If he truly is a detective he will very likely die tonight. Mafia don't seem to have a habit of leaving them around if you've noticed. If he's insane and we lynch mikey, we lost a townie/blue, and then we lose the dt at night.

Logically, lynching BC gives us the most info for the smallest loss, that's what it comes down to. And then behaviourally what he did makes no sense which is usually a good sign something is up.



Let me remind you, If i am the insane DT he would have still flipped blue when i role checked him, blues stay blues, only greens and reds are confused.
How do you get the most information from killing me? I die and flip DT, it doesnt say if im insane or not, then your left at "shit is mikey green or red" so you lynch him. That is two wasted lynches to find out what you would find out if he is lynched tonight.

You all can't seem to connect the dots, because insane DT's are in this game, you will have to lynch the accused to get the information the accusing DT was trying to give. If i had been a legit DT this isn't a step that is normally needed as you will always know what you use as a power is legit. If there is even 1 insane, you have to spend more time trying to determine your role.

As you said, say mafia does kill me tonight, what has that accomplished, lets see
I am sane DT
A)mikey is red and dies
b) I die tonight unless protected

I am insane DT
a)mikey is green dies (shit)
b)the other dt's know if they are sane or not
c) mikey's staunch defenders using rather flawed logic are almost certaintly red
d) I die at night unless protected

I don't expect to live through the night, I want to give information to the other dts, which requires my roleclaim on mickey to be used sooner rather than later. The longer time it takes for them to know if they are sane or not, the higher chance the mafia has on infiltrating town networks.
More is gained in his death first.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
December 30 2008 23:29 GMT
#123
the thing is, we lynch first and then medics have time to decide who to protect so if BC turns out ok then medics can protect him then so there's actually no problems with him having to fear death
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 30 2008 23:30 GMT
#124
On December 31 2008 08:29 chaoser wrote:
the thing is, we lynch first and then medics have time to decide who to protect so if BC turns out ok then medics can protect him then so there's actually no problems with him having to fear death


Its unreasonable to stack medics on me though, as a bomber could kill me, or just stack 2-3 hits in a night to kill me. Most i can last is 1-2 nights.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
December 30 2008 23:33 GMT
#125
On December 31 2008 08:30 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 08:29 chaoser wrote:
the thing is, we lynch first and then medics have time to decide who to protect so if BC turns out ok then medics can protect him then so there's actually no problems with him having to fear death


Its unreasonable to stack medics on me though, as a bomber could kill me, or just stack 2-3 hits in a night to kill me. Most i can last is 1-2 nights.


we have the option of martyr. That keeps the mafia guessing. are we using medic? or martyr? also, using the bomber is suppose to kill many for the sacing of one so if it's a 1 for 1 sac then it's a failure for them. also they lose KP if they use bomber.

How is KP determined by the way? still 2 mafia=1 KP?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
December 30 2008 23:44 GMT
#126
On December 31 2008 08:27 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
As you said, say mafia does kill me tonight, what has that accomplished, lets see
I am sane DT
A)mikey is red and dies
b) I die tonight unless protected

I am insane DT
a)mikey is green dies (shit)
b)the other dt's know if they are sane or not
c) mikey's staunch defenders using rather flawed logic are almost certaintly red
d) I die at night unless protected


Nice fleshing out of option two to make it look better than it is. B and C are kind of irrelevant. If you read the beginning of game 3 again I was making the same arguments there as I did here. Yes Ace turned out to be mafia and Folca did turn out to be a dt, that was basically shit luck.

And then you're forgetting options 3 and 4:

You are mafia:
- You could be godfather roleclaiming dt in case you get checked
- You could just be mafia (Much more likely if it's this option)

You are village idiot
- Good to lynch you because you'll just stir shit as the game goes on if you're kept alive.

in 3 of those 4 possibilities, it screws us to lynch mikey over you. In 2 of those 4 possibilities, it is worthwhile to kill you.

Now something you haven't addressed is your behaviour. Why, why after so many people asked dts NOT to jump out on day 1, did you do this if you were a DT. Not only that you picked a dude that other DTs were unlikely to have picked themselves and thus couldn't speak up against you. Because lets face it, dts are more likely to be investigating Ace/Ver than mikeymoo.

Also, all this stuff about finding out the sanity of dts by cross checking dt checks. There's a much easier way that was put forward last game so it's not like it's anything new, just rolecheck the guy who's about to be lynched. That way you don't need any huge webs of crosschecked dt rolechecks who then become public knowledge and killed by mafia.

Again, logic says we should lynch you and behaviour says something is up.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
December 30 2008 23:56 GMT
#127
dear god, I wake up and once again shits gone crazy.

Fucking dts, I told you to give them no role checks day 1 =(. It fucks up the game play, now every game will follow the exact same pattern, except now the we're fucked. If he is insane, shit, if he's sane, shit, I don't see any good coming from what BC did. My only guess is VI.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 30 2008 23:57 GMT
#128
On December 31 2008 08:44 Bockit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 08:27 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
As you said, say mafia does kill me tonight, what has that accomplished, lets see
I am sane DT
A)mikey is red and dies
b) I die tonight unless protected

I am insane DT
a)mikey is green dies (shit)
b)the other dt's know if they are sane or not
c) mikey's staunch defenders using rather flawed logic are almost certaintly red
d) I die at night unless protected


Nice fleshing out of option two to make it look better than it is. B and C are kind of irrelevant. If you read the beginning of game 3 again I was making the same arguments there as I did here. Yes Ace turned out to be mafia and Folca did turn out to be a dt, that was basically shit luck.

And then you're forgetting options 3 and 4:

You are mafia:
- You could be godfather roleclaiming dt in case you get checked
- You could just be mafia (Much more likely if it's this option)

You are village idiot
- Good to lynch you because you'll just stir shit as the game goes on if you're kept alive.

in 3 of those 4 possibilities, it screws us to lynch mikey over you. In 2 of those 4 possibilities, it is worthwhile to kill you.

Now something you haven't addressed is your behaviour. Why, why after so many people asked dts NOT to jump out on day 1, did you do this if you were a DT. Not only that you picked a dude that other DTs were unlikely to have picked themselves and thus couldn't speak up against you. Because lets face it, dts are more likely to be investigating Ace/Ver than mikeymoo.

Also, all this stuff about finding out the sanity of dts by cross checking dt checks. There's a much easier way that was put forward last game so it's not like it's anything new, just rolecheck the guy who's about to be lynched. That way you don't need any huge webs of crosschecked dt rolechecks who then become public knowledge and killed by mafia.

Again, logic says we should lynch you and behaviour says something is up.



Anyone who has talked to my outside mafia games knows that I hold mikeymoo, plexa, MTF, and camlitos in alot higher regard than Ver and Ace. Ace from my experience has had a decent strategy in Mafia 2, but was the mouth piece of the clue analyzers. In mafia 3 he was red advocating we lynch folca to save his own skin, last game he got random picked out by RoL.

Ver has had decent writeups from what ive seen, and also behaviour analyzes, but as the town manage to completely botch aces mafia, my respect of him isn't that high.

Mikey I have played with directly and know his ability(he was in the same circle i was in winning mafia 3), same with camlitos(plexa and mtf arent playing). I figured the chances of caller picking camlitos again for mafia were slim so i checked Mikey.

As for my behaviour? In everygame i have honestly roleclaimed, go look at aces game, mafia 3, and last game, i said i was green. I was all cases. Mafia 2 i claimed vig to ace which i was.
I play everygame in a way to give the town best chances for survival, not my own personal gain, count that into your analysis.

As for what your offering in terms of role checking someone about to be lynched to determine? That means every dt has to do this once. This way, only one of us has to.


Now lets flip this around as you want me to.
If i was godfather, I would never roleclaim dt first day, its guarenteed that i die either with first or second lynch. Meaning id never get to use my recruitment abilities. As for regular mafia I have stated earlier it would be easier and smarter to just claim i was speaking for a DT then get someone lynched, then if it goes poorly, sell out X, they get lynched then i get lynched.

Seriously half the shit that goes on in this game is dictated by players such as ace and ver, who because they have played this more than us, or have had one amazing game that people see them as the best players. Ace rarely changes up his play, and if people go against him he whines and stops playing and then posts to stir shit up. Learn to think people.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
December 31 2008 00:04 GMT
#129
From: LucasWoJ
Subject: mafia
Date: 12/31/08 08:58
Give me the list Caller gave you.


I think he is a clever mafia or a smart player. Somebody else get in contact with him. I won't.
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
December 31 2008 00:05 GMT
#130
For the record, I believe BC.
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
December 31 2008 00:19 GMT
#131
I think I have explained myself pretty clearly last game, so I'll keep this short: This is pretty poor play by BC, and all his reasonings are faulty. Why? Refer to my post in previous game, same applies here. Waaay tooo many possibilities that we can't account for.

Also, the VI hasn't revealed himself to help the Town (this time he needs it a lot more, because he can be killed at night), neither is anybody else acting nuts ATM. However, for the VI, the best strategy is to act ASAP, before he can be killed (Night 1), so the VI IS acting already, I'm almost sure of it. So then who is the VI? It's pretty obvious. (OK not 100%, but a very high chance of BC being the VI)

The question is rather should we lynch BC because of this or not? Should we get rid of BC now and give him his MSPaint, or ignore him and go on like nothing happened? (And maybe let the Mafia do the dirty job.)
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
December 31 2008 00:20 GMT
#132
From: LucasWoJ
Subject: Re: mafia
Date: 12/31/08 09:19

LOL at your post in every way.

Mafia. You don't have to "watch". I'm watching you.
-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
I don't have to watch shit.

It was a smart idea to check mafia from previous games.

Also by asking it that way, you are indirectly implying that you are not mafia which I have good cause to doubt. Don't over read into things, now I'm at least sure you can't that smart.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:

How does that make me a smart player? Watch you answer.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sorry I didn't get mafia three times in a row. Thank god!



-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
Give me the list Caller gave you.


I take it back he is a moron.

The messages appear First- Last - Last-First.
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
December 31 2008 00:36 GMT
#133
On December 31 2008 09:20 AttackZerg wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
From: LucasWoJ
Subject: Re: mafia
Date: 12/31/08 09:19

LOL at your post in every way.

Mafia. You don't have to "watch". I'm watching you.
-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
I don't have to watch shit.

It was a smart idea to check mafia from previous games.

Also by asking it that way, you are indirectly implying that you are not mafia which I have good cause to doubt. Don't over read into things, now I'm at least sure you can't that smart.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:

How does that make me a smart player? Watch you answer.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sorry I didn't get mafia three times in a row. Thank god!



-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
Give me the list Caller gave you.


I take it back he is a moron.

The messages appear First- Last - Last-First.



None of this is suspicious but I should respond to it nevertheless. I'm in contact with a bunch of people via PM and I'm taking note of their answers (or lack of) to see if there's a sort pattern (or once again, lack of) Based on how the person we lynch today turns out, I'll know much more.

I'm also trying to see if players' responses to quick short questions (to which they must reply quickly or it seems suspicious -- if I know the person is on, I'm checking times I sent my PM against the time the PM was received) are consistent with their posts on the forum. There was a very specific reason I asked each of the questions I asked you, attack. And you gave me exactly what I wanted with your responses, even your latest post on the forums.

I'm a green townie. I have absolutely nothing to hide. If you wish, come back to this after we sort out the bloodycobbler thing, but as attack told us "Don't over read into things."
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
December 31 2008 00:39 GMT
#134
Yes every game has gotten fucked up from people overreacting/overreading things.

Post times, hmm that is stupid how many people respond to pms within 2 minutes every time? ....

Probably only me, since I'm actively updating waiting for racewars , which btw zerg powa!
0cz3c
Profile Joined February 2008
United States564 Posts
December 31 2008 00:45 GMT
#135
On December 31 2008 07:26 Ace wrote:
Also whatever happens, lynch Ozc3 the next day.



Finally. I guess I finally got the message across. THANK YOU. I knew we could come to an understanding. Not sure if that's the most beneficial to the town, but just choose a time before the game ends to lynch me and I'll be happy. Thanks. Yes, I am the village idiot.

But now on to some serious, helpful business for the town.

There's a chance that BloodyCobbler is mafia. I kid you not. The name of the game is "The Wrath of Khan." Yeah. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Look at BloodyCobbler's signature. It reads, "BY THE KHAN FOR THE KHAN OF THE KHAN THEREFORE SAMSUNG KHAN WIN." ....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

However, I have not yet convinced myself, so I'm not sure whether I can call him a 100% mafia (as I have been able to do (quite confidently) with the previous seven).

But I have the eighth. Let's just vigi kill him some night. That should do it.

I know what you're thinking. "But 0cz3c, we can't just blindly trust you. You're saying he's mafia, but you ain't showin' us no clues. What gives doggonit?" Reasonable thoughts. So, expecting your doubt in advance, I've prepared some analysis that indisputably links Ace with the role of mafia.

Firstly, he was mafia last game. And the game before the one before that. Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I'm always skeptical about these things, for an Arabian proverb states that whatever happens one time will never happen again, but what happens twice will surely happen thrice. This is the third time. I guarantee it.

Secondly, Ace is from the United States. Michael Jackson is from the United States, too. Coincidence? Clearly not.

I've dug up some more mud on the mafia. His profile reads, "don\'t blame me, you shoulda voted for me the first time." Ace uses the first person. Caller never uses the first person in his Day Post. Something like this is always intentional. Especially when the clues are about Ace and are meant to be conspicuous.

Thirdly, the attackers are putting the blame on Caller. It's not their fault for attacking him; rather, it's his existence that is the primal cause and problem. You might notice that this detail is strikingly similar to Ace's profile words, in which he says, "don\'t blame me, you shoulda voted for me the first time." He's putting the blame on everyone but himself. As the umpire in the center of the world would say, "You're ouuuuuuuuutttttttaaaaaa here."


It's coming. I-T-'-S C-O-M-I-N-G. Here is my Ace in the Hole. The movie. Ace in the Hole by Billy Wilder. Notice any word that sticks out? My analysis indicates that it must be "Ace." Hmmmm. That seems to ring a bell. DING DONGGGGGG. ACE. The suspect for mafia. ! In Ace in the Hole, a man holds another man's life in his hands, but all he only wants money. $$$ The man leaves a trapped man to die. Well, Caller here is trapped himself. ! And, of course, the Day Post says, "He Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What He Can." Identical to how the man in Ace in the Hole acts. And notice how WILD the mafia are acting. Almost like....BILLY WILDER !

And I overlooked this previously, but here it is: FACE. F - A - C - E. ACE. Another mafia bites the dust. I think I've gotten almost all of them. I'll wait for the next day post before I make my final verdict. I'll let you guys know what I conclude.

Hmmm. You know, it seems that all these clues are linking back to movies I've watched in my film class. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, so I'll keep an eye out for this in the future. I'll provide the list of the movies in a following post for any other adventurous clue hunters.

Also, I'm am the jack. I've already used one rolecheck, so I cannot check either BloddyCobbler
or mikeymoo. I'm not sure if I'm insane or not, so I would not like to disclose the information which has been revealed to me. I will once I find out, however. Of course I remind you all that Showtime! has said that I am insane. If it turns up that he is lying, then that means that he is mafia. So, then, we must lynch him. Caller: can Jack be insane? I'd like to ASK YOU FIRST BEFORE WE JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSIONS !!!

I'll be role-checking Scaramanga tomorrow. Hopefully mafia will think that I'm just kidding and they won't kill me at night. I think I can tough it out another night. We'll know for sure whether Scaramanga is truly the mafia I have deduced him (correctly) to be.
Camlito
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Australia4040 Posts
December 31 2008 00:46 GMT
#136
^ Lmfao, why do you spend time on those posts..
sAviOr...
0cz3c
Profile Joined February 2008
United States564 Posts
December 31 2008 00:49 GMT
#137
1. North by Northwest
2. Ace in the Hole
3. The Kid
4. The Searchers
5. Bulworth
6. Once Upon a Time in America

For reference.
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
December 31 2008 00:51 GMT
#138
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 31 2008 09:45 0cz3c wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 07:26 Ace wrote:
Also whatever happens, lynch Ozc3 the next day.



Finally. I guess I finally got the message across. THANK YOU. I knew we could come to an understanding. Not sure if that's the most beneficial to the town, but just choose a time before the game ends to lynch me and I'll be happy. Thanks. Yes, I am the village idiot.

But now on to some serious, helpful business for the town.

There's a chance that BloodyCobbler is mafia. I kid you not. The name of the game is "The Wrath of Khan." Yeah. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Look at BloodyCobbler's signature. It reads, "BY THE KHAN FOR THE KHAN OF THE KHAN THEREFORE SAMSUNG KHAN WIN." ....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

However, I have not yet convinced myself, so I'm not sure whether I can call him a 100% mafia (as I have been able to do (quite confidently) with the previous seven).

But I have the eighth. Let's just vigi kill him some night. That should do it.

I know what you're thinking. "But 0cz3c, we can't just blindly trust you. You're saying he's mafia, but you ain't showin' us no clues. What gives doggonit?" Reasonable thoughts. So, expecting your doubt in advance, I've prepared some analysis that indisputably links Ace with the role of mafia.

Firstly, he was mafia last game. And the game before the one before that. Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I'm always skeptical about these things, for an Arabian proverb states that whatever happens one time will never happen again, but what happens twice will surely happen thrice. This is the third time. I guarantee it.

Secondly, Ace is from the United States. Michael Jackson is from the United States, too. Coincidence? Clearly not.

I've dug up some more mud on the mafia. His profile reads, "don\'t blame me, you shoulda voted for me the first time." Ace uses the first person. Caller never uses the first person in his Day Post. Something like this is always intentional. Especially when the clues are about Ace and are meant to be conspicuous.

Thirdly, the attackers are putting the blame on Caller. It's not their fault for attacking him; rather, it's his existence that is the primal cause and problem. You might notice that this detail is strikingly similar to Ace's profile words, in which he says, "don\'t blame me, you shoulda voted for me the first time." He's putting the blame on everyone but himself. As the umpire in the center of the world would say, "You're ouuuuuuuuutttttttaaaaaa here."


It's coming. I-T-'-S C-O-M-I-N-G. Here is my Ace in the Hole. The movie. Ace in the Hole by Billy Wilder. Notice any word that sticks out? My analysis indicates that it must be "Ace." Hmmmm. That seems to ring a bell. DING DONGGGGGG. ACE. The suspect for mafia. ! In Ace in the Hole, a man holds another man's life in his hands, but all he only wants money. $$$ The man leaves a trapped man to die. Well, Caller here is trapped himself. ! And, of course, the Day Post says, "He Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What He Can." Identical to how the man in Ace in the Hole acts. And notice how WILD the mafia are acting. Almost like....BILLY WILDER !

And I overlooked this previously, but here it is: FACE. F - A - C - E. ACE. Another mafia bites the dust. I think I've gotten almost all of them. I'll wait for the next day post before I make my final verdict. I'll let you guys know what I conclude.

Hmmm. You know, it seems that all these clues are linking back to movies I've watched in my film class. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, so I'll keep an eye out for this in the future. I'll provide the list of the movies in a following post for any other adventurous clue hunters.

Also, I'm am the jack. I've already used one rolecheck, so I cannot check either BloddyCobbler
or mikeymoo. I'm not sure if I'm insane or not, so I would not like to disclose the information which has been revealed to me. I will once I find out, however. Of course I remind you all that Showtime! has said that I am insane. If it turns up that he is lying, then that means that he is mafia. So, then, we must lynch him. Caller: can Jack be insane? I'd like to ASK YOU FIRST BEFORE WE JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSIONS !!!

I'll be role-checking Scaramanga tomorrow. Hopefully mafia will think that I'm just kidding and they won't kill me at night. I think I can tough it out another night. We'll know for sure whether Scaramanga is truly the mafia I have deduced him (correctly) to be.


How can you be both the Jack and Village Idiot?
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 31 2008 00:53 GMT
#139
On December 31 2008 09:51 3 Lions wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 31 2008 09:45 0cz3c wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 07:26 Ace wrote:
Also whatever happens, lynch Ozc3 the next day.



Finally. I guess I finally got the message across. THANK YOU. I knew we could come to an understanding. Not sure if that's the most beneficial to the town, but just choose a time before the game ends to lynch me and I'll be happy. Thanks. Yes, I am the village idiot.

But now on to some serious, helpful business for the town.

There's a chance that BloodyCobbler is mafia. I kid you not. The name of the game is "The Wrath of Khan." Yeah. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Look at BloodyCobbler's signature. It reads, "BY THE KHAN FOR THE KHAN OF THE KHAN THEREFORE SAMSUNG KHAN WIN." ....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

However, I have not yet convinced myself, so I'm not sure whether I can call him a 100% mafia (as I have been able to do (quite confidently) with the previous seven).

But I have the eighth. Let's just vigi kill him some night. That should do it.

I know what you're thinking. "But 0cz3c, we can't just blindly trust you. You're saying he's mafia, but you ain't showin' us no clues. What gives doggonit?" Reasonable thoughts. So, expecting your doubt in advance, I've prepared some analysis that indisputably links Ace with the role of mafia.

Firstly, he was mafia last game. And the game before the one before that. Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I'm always skeptical about these things, for an Arabian proverb states that whatever happens one time will never happen again, but what happens twice will surely happen thrice. This is the third time. I guarantee it.

Secondly, Ace is from the United States. Michael Jackson is from the United States, too. Coincidence? Clearly not.

I've dug up some more mud on the mafia. His profile reads, "don\'t blame me, you shoulda voted for me the first time." Ace uses the first person. Caller never uses the first person in his Day Post. Something like this is always intentional. Especially when the clues are about Ace and are meant to be conspicuous.

Thirdly, the attackers are putting the blame on Caller. It's not their fault for attacking him; rather, it's his existence that is the primal cause and problem. You might notice that this detail is strikingly similar to Ace's profile words, in which he says, "don\'t blame me, you shoulda voted for me the first time." He's putting the blame on everyone but himself. As the umpire in the center of the world would say, "You're ouuuuuuuuutttttttaaaaaa here."


It's coming. I-T-'-S C-O-M-I-N-G. Here is my Ace in the Hole. The movie. Ace in the Hole by Billy Wilder. Notice any word that sticks out? My analysis indicates that it must be "Ace." Hmmmm. That seems to ring a bell. DING DONGGGGGG. ACE. The suspect for mafia. ! In Ace in the Hole, a man holds another man's life in his hands, but all he only wants money. $$$ The man leaves a trapped man to die. Well, Caller here is trapped himself. ! And, of course, the Day Post says, "He Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What He Can." Identical to how the man in Ace in the Hole acts. And notice how WILD the mafia are acting. Almost like....BILLY WILDER !

And I overlooked this previously, but here it is: FACE. F - A - C - E. ACE. Another mafia bites the dust. I think I've gotten almost all of them. I'll wait for the next day post before I make my final verdict. I'll let you guys know what I conclude.

Hmmm. You know, it seems that all these clues are linking back to movies I've watched in my film class. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, so I'll keep an eye out for this in the future. I'll provide the list of the movies in a following post for any other adventurous clue hunters.

Also, I'm am the jack. I've already used one rolecheck, so I cannot check either BloddyCobbler
or mikeymoo. I'm not sure if I'm insane or not, so I would not like to disclose the information which has been revealed to me. I will once I find out, however. Of course I remind you all that Showtime! has said that I am insane. If it turns up that he is lying, then that means that he is mafia. So, then, we must lynch him. Caller: can Jack be insane? I'd like to ASK YOU FIRST BEFORE WE JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSIONS !!!

I'll be role-checking Scaramanga tomorrow. Hopefully mafia will think that I'm just kidding and they won't kill me at night. I think I can tough it out another night. We'll know for sure whether Scaramanga is truly the mafia I have deduced him (correctly) to be.


How can you be both the Jack and Village Idiot?


Hes a special kind of stupid
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
December 31 2008 00:53 GMT
#140
im sort of dizzy, lets lynch oz instead of bc and mikeymoo.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft470
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta115
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft494
PiGStarcraft470
RuFF_SC2 176
SpeCial 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1148
Hyuk 50
Bale 29
Noble 23
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
Counter-Strike
taco 620
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox742
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor711
Other Games
summit1g10176
Coldzera 803
JimRising 510
C9.Mang0317
Sick105
ViBE66
ArmadaUGS42
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo797
• Stunt261
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 29m
Online Event
7h 29m
FEL
12h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.