• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:31
CEST 01:31
KST 08:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12574 users

TL Mafia 2 [GG] - Page 238

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 349 Next
HeRoS)Pink
Profile Joined July 2005
Canada336 Posts
April 17 2008 00:28 GMT
#4741
On April 17 2008 09:04 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2008 05:33 Chuiu wrote:
I forgot to mention in day post:

If a player was killed and protected by a medic they will not be notified of being protected any longer. Just from reading the thread I can tell dead players are squealing after death and giving out information. Everyone who has done this or anyone I catch participating in the game after death will be banned from the next game no questions asked.


out of curiosity, will you enforce this rule? just wondering since uh, you didn't at all enforce your 'be active or get banned' rule. just curious.
edit: well apparently there was no consequence for not following the 'be active' rule, so technically you did enforce it. my bad.

I think pretty much everyone is active but some arent posting and missing vote due to either hide themselves or cause they were busy one week with school/work or anything personnal.
Addicted
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
April 17 2008 00:31 GMT
#4742
Finally got to catch up on the thread..
so we lost a Jack?

and L is the current top suspect? I will vote for him

But I was suspected....-_- wow
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
April 17 2008 00:34 GMT
#4743
On April 17 2008 09:28 HeRoS)Pink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2008 09:04 JeeJee wrote:
On April 17 2008 05:33 Chuiu wrote:
I forgot to mention in day post:

If a player was killed and protected by a medic they will not be notified of being protected any longer. Just from reading the thread I can tell dead players are squealing after death and giving out information. Everyone who has done this or anyone I catch participating in the game after death will be banned from the next game no questions asked.


out of curiosity, will you enforce this rule? just wondering since uh, you didn't at all enforce your 'be active or get banned' rule. just curious.
edit: well apparently there was no consequence for not following the 'be active' rule, so technically you did enforce it. my bad.

I think pretty much everyone is active but some arent posting and missing vote due to either hide themselves or cause they were busy one week with school/work or anything personnal.


yes well if you're not posting or voting, you can hardly be considered active now can you. even doing just one isn't enough imo, both should be present. anyway this is a sidetrack, i trust chuiu to figure something out for next game if there is one
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
April 17 2008 02:08 GMT
#4744
Okay so after reading through, since i haven't been on too much lately due to school work, I'm a little surprised since I just found out that I am being accused all of a sudden by plexa and MTF.

First of all it just says that Brown Snake is just a "strange" looking man. Which is incredibly ambiguous, and how you connect "short" to being strange I have absolutely no clue (i'm assuming this because I don't see short anywhere on Brown Snake's description). I don't know, can't some one in a badly emotional state be also in a bad shape or anyone who's a killer?

Also, if "King Brown Snake stepped up to him as DapperDan started getting up". If he's stepping up to someone I'm pretty sure he won't be short. It's all I have so far, but what more can I say? You seem to be making weird connections.

As for the maddened part. Maddened can mean many things , it could mean angry or infuriated or something. I'm assuming anyone who gets knocked down would be pretty mad.

I have nothing for the slapped part though.

I'm just saying you're making vague descriptions point to something specific.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 17 2008 02:11 GMT
#4745
How come people miraculously check on the thread for the first time in a week right when they become suspects?
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
April 17 2008 02:17 GMT
#4746
maybe because when someone gets accused of something they want to clear their name? Just a guess.
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
April 17 2008 02:20 GMT
#4747
On April 17 2008 11:11 fusionsdf wrote:
How come people miraculously check on the thread for the first time in a week right when they become suspects?


A lot of people (At least me personally) are checking the thread and reading it. But we don't want to take the time to go though deciphering clues, or put out accusations that we will have to defend and support. There are a lot of reasons for this, and for me personally it was my lack of involvement in the important decisions. Anything I say puts me at risk, and I may not be right or listened to.

So yea, people might just be reading it and not bothering to post until their life is in danger. Too many townies are willing to take a spectator seat in this game. Also, I thought we had the game in the bag with the dt # system, but since we are counting only on clues now I will probably start contributing my thoughts. Especially since I'm safe from mafia. So far all I've got is that plexa and MTF seem like they are smart and should be protected.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 17 2008 02:21 GMT
#4748
Crazie-Penguin as King Black Snake:
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +

Definite clues: He is very short and doesn't appear to be human/appears to be deformed as he is "a strange man". I believe this is a strong allusion to the person not being human, as Chuiu can't just come right out and say such.

Crazie-Penguin: Penguins are short and would most definitely be strange looking if assumed a man. Also note this:

King Brown Snake slapped him back to the ground


Slapped is a rather specific phrase. A penguin cannot punch, but they could slap.

And this:

Caller got a leg free and kicked off the maddened King Brown Snake


Maddened is, again, a specific phrase. Madness is a term for insanity, or craziness.

Credits to MTF

Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
April 17 2008 02:23 GMT
#4749
Hahaha.

On April 17 2008 11:08 crazie-penguin wrote:
First of all it just says that Brown Snake is just a "strange" looking man. Which is incredibly ambiguous, and how you connect "short" to being strange I have absolutely no clue (i'm assuming this because I don't see short anywhere on Brown Snake's description). I don't know, can't some one in a badly emotional state be also in a bad shape or anyone who's a killer?


"strange" = abnormal for a normal person

As for the shortness:

He rammed into DapperDan knocking him to the ground. King Brown Snake stepped up to him as DapperDan started getting up. He met him face to face halfway and pushed King Brown Snake out of the way as he proceeded to the door again.

New104 was cringing in pain but he knew he had to defend himself, he started getting up but met gaze with a strange man on his way up. King Brown Snake slapped him back to the ground and started beating him as he lay there.

Mr. Red and Eddie headed them off and King Brown Snake and The Wolf moved in behind Caller. King Brown Snake grabbed Caller's legs and he fell over after he lost his balance. Caller got a leg free and kicked off the maddened King Brown Snake but wasn't in the clear yet.


Chuiu doesn't come right out and say it, but he never specifically said BlindAlbino was blind either.
That's kind of the point with clues; you have to interpret them.


On April 17 2008 11:08 crazie-penguin wrote:
Also, if "King Brown Snake stepped up to him as DapperDan started getting up". If he's stepping up to someone I'm pretty sure he won't be short. It's all I have so far, but what more can I say? You seem to be making weird connections.


King Brown Snake was the one doing the stepping up, so I don't even see how you reached that conclusion. And again, this line:

He met him face to face halfway


Confirms that DapperDan came face to face halfway through getting up from the ground.



On April 17 2008 11:08 crazie-penguin wrote:
As for the maddened part. Maddened can mean many things , it could mean angry or infuriated or something. I'm assuming anyone who gets knocked down would be pretty mad.


It can, but it fits very well in terms of insanity alongside the slapping and blatant shortness of the character to match you.
Think. :)
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 17 2008 02:32 GMT
#4750
too bad its not double lynch

I'm starting to believe this is strong too
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 17 2008 02:34 GMT
#4751
On April 17 2008 11:32 fusionsdf wrote:
too bad its not double lynch

I'm starting to believe this is strong too
everytime we don't have double lynch we have tons of suspects, then the double lynch rolls around we have 1 suspect haha
i mean, atm we have
L as mafia
Penguin as likely mafia
DrDragoon as likely mafia
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
April 17 2008 02:40 GMT
#4752
On April 17 2008 11:11 fusionsdf wrote:
How come people miraculously check on the thread for the first time in a week right when they become suspects?


sorry I don't live for Mafia =/ I have a life, you know
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
April 17 2008 02:51 GMT
#4753
I don't have much confidence in Ace's judgment, since it has been wrong more often than it has been right so far. Meanwhile, unless I missed something when I was catching up on the thread, the whole accusation against L was based on a mistake that L pointed out and Chuiu confirmed. Therefore, as far as we know, there is no case against L at the moment. (Of course, the Mafia knows he's a medic now: too bad...)

I will not be voting for L this lynch. I'll probably vote suresh0t because of the clues that seem to point at him. (summary: + Show Spoiler +
1)sure shot: 1-hit kill with nail thrown down hall; twice says that Caller tried to dodge but couldn't. 2) signature: apology for taking on God (authority) but someone has to do it, corresponds with the Wolf's apology to Chuiu for killing him (Chuiu was an authority figure in the Mafia). 3) Profile pic: hammer--goes with nails.
).
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
April 17 2008 02:54 GMT
#4754
On April 17 2008 11:51 qrs wrote:
I don't have much confidence in Ace's judgment, since it has been wrong more often than it has been right so far. Meanwhile, unless I missed something when I was catching up on the thread, the whole accusation against L was based on a mistake that L pointed out and Chuiu confirmed. Therefore, as far as we know, there is no case against L at the moment. (Of course, the Mafia knows he's a medic now: too bad...)

I will not be voting for L this lynch. I'll probably vote suresh0t because of the clues that seem to point at him. (summary: + Show Spoiler +
1)sure shot: 1-hit kill with nail thrown down hall; twice says that Caller tried to dodge but couldn't. 2) signature: apology for taking on God (authority) but someone has to do it, corresponds with the Wolf's apology to Chuiu for killing him (Chuiu was an authority figure in the Mafia). 3) Profile pic: hammer--goes with nails.
).


I like how that all adds up.

I'm still voting L, but this looks really nice for the future.
Think. :)
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-17 03:00:29
April 17 2008 02:56 GMT
#4755
qrs, there is enough evidence to warrant a lynching of L apart from Ace's judgement
so much so that there is a 1/3 chance of him being mafia

btw your analysis on suresh0t is flawed - point me towards a mafia who has had information come from all three parts of their profile? suresh0t is in the ghar/gladius/shadow basket as far as i am concerned
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
April 17 2008 03:01 GMT
#4756
On April 17 2008 11:34 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2008 11:32 fusionsdf wrote:
too bad its not double lynch

I'm starting to believe this is strong too
everytime we don't have double lynch we have tons of suspects, then the double lynch rolls around we have 1 suspect haha
i mean, atm we have
L as mafia
Penguin as likely mafia
DrDragoon as likely mafia


I think suresh0t is pretty high probability as well.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 17 2008 03:33 GMT
#4757
I think L is right, given that he is blue (0.00000005% chance btw) then its super likely the mafia will kill him off tonight. If he lives, we can easily lynch him tomorrow. The rationale here is, why waste a lynch on L while there is still a minute chance that he is innocent. Lynching a mafia today won't decrease the kill count so we can take some time and lynch craziepenguin instead, lynching L tomorrow on the double lynch
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
April 17 2008 03:33 GMT
#4758
ace cannot declare double lynch today?
Teamliquidian townie
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 17 2008 03:34 GMT
#4759
On April 17 2008 12:33 RtS)Night[Mare wrote:
ace cannot declare double lynch today?
roleblocked
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 17 2008 03:36 GMT
#4760
On April 17 2008 03:07 MTF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2008 02:24 nemY wrote:
The inconsistencies in your guys "detective work" is uhh rather disconcerting... =/


Try doing some yourself! :p

Also, a general note: the only time criticism is helping in any way is when it is specific enough to reveal faults, such as qrs finding the missing two from Day 2 post. Your comments will be taken much more seriously if they have actual content to them instead of just bashing the people working hardest to figure things out.


Well I don't want to blindly take everything you say as fact now do I? Although, I have to give credit when it's due, I think you've been spot on for the most part. I'm nowhere near the cunning puzzle decipherer that you are, but it's not too much of a stretch to believe that at least one of the "puzzle solvers" (I'll use that term to avoid using the term "detective") is working on the inside. With insider information that only a few people know are privy to, can you blame me for being worked up a bit?

One thing to think about in regards to the King Brown Snake being crazie-penguin

King Brown Snake grabbed Caller's legs and he fell over after he lost his balance. Caller got a leg free and kicked off the maddened King Brown Snake but wasn't in the clear yet.

Penguins shouldn't be able to physically grab someone should they? Not trying to defend him and it's possible Chuiu unintentionally thought of that but... something seems fishy eh?

That being said the evidence is mostly stacked in favor of crazie-penguin and his defense is... laughable to say the least.
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 349 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings53
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta15
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O113
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9542
Artosis 697
ZZZero.O 113
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift5714
JimRising 416
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3930
Other Games
summit1g9182
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1867
Livibee427
C9.Mang0353
Maynarde159
Mew2King41
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• musti20045 38
• Sammyuel 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1190
• Shiphtur639
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 29m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.