• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:30
CEST 01:30
KST 08:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10385 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 82

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 555 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 05 2024 01:36 GMT
#1621
Anyway here’s where I’m at
Town: koshi, iamp, rayn
Mafia: VE, jacob,
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 05 2024 01:37 GMT
#1622
Dmb
No gg, No skill.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 01:37 GMT
#1623
On March 05 2024 04:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Fuck no I’m not electing vivax
He’s probably town though and he’ll self resolve

Like 4 people have said this now and I'm having a really hard time understanding people's reservations to have someone they believe is town as mayor, especially when that person has already offered the mayor kill to the town so the whole "vivax won't know who to kill" point is moot.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 05 2024 01:38 GMT
#1624
On March 05 2024 10:00 Palmar wrote:
I haven’t even found Vivax claim yet but anyone who believes he is town should probably just vote him mayor. I don’t really see much logic in anything else.

Not saying there is necessarily something wrong with the logic, but this is uncharacteristically weak shit from palmar
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 01:40 GMT
#1625
On March 05 2024 10:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway here’s where I’m at
Town: koshi, iamp, rayn
Mafia: VE, jacob,


If my push on you is contrived why don't you have an opinion on my alginment?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 05 2024 01:45 GMT
#1626
On March 05 2024 10:37 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Fuck no I’m not electing vivax
He’s probably town though and he’ll self resolve

Like 4 people have said this now and I'm having a really hard time understanding people's reservations to have someone they believe is town as mayor, especially when that person has already offered the mayor kill to the town so the whole "vivax won't know who to kill" point is moot.

Killing the second top vote getter isn’t “offering the vote to town”.
I’m also not sure why it’s a problem that I have other town reads?
And there is also opportunity cost voting vivax
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 05 2024 01:46 GMT
#1627
On March 05 2024 10:40 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 10:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway here’s where I’m at
Town: koshi, iamp, rayn
Mafia: VE, jacob,


If my push on you is contrived why don't you have an opinion on my alginment?

I’m really not putting my effort into figuring you out day 1 tbh, it’s a lost cause for me
No gg, No skill.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 01:47 GMT
#1628
On March 05 2024 05:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:15 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:11 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:09 sandroba wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:06 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:54 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:53 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:52 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:44 iamperfection wrote:
[quote]
His running for mayor post

On March 04 2024 14:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Good morning everyone. It turns out I'm town for once so I apologize in advance for your own inability to read me and subsequent mislynch of me. I will endeavor to prevent it but I would do that as Mafia too so shrugz0rz.

I am running for mayor on a platform of lynching a lurker of my own choosing that is not subject to towns knowledge or influence.

A vote for VE is a vote for an active town.

Anyone who has posted so far is safe D1, for I am a kind and benevolent Lord.

Meh, I don't really see it. Not that I think it's townie, but I don't see the insecurity?

insincerity

As in he isn't really running for mayor

So the fact that he hasn't posted since his first spray of post? It makes him a lurker but I don't understand why it makes him scum

Why are you fighting this so much? Do you have a better vote?

1. You call it fighting, I don't, it's called discussing. I don't have a townread on VE. I want to understand what he did that is considered scummy because I don't see it
2. And yeah, mine. I think ToTheStars has the highest chance of flipping scum if the deadline was right now

On March 05 2024 05:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:06 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:54 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:53 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:52 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:44 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:43 Rels wrote:
[quote]
What post?

His running for mayor post

On March 04 2024 14:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Good morning everyone. It turns out I'm town for once so I apologize in advance for your own inability to read me and subsequent mislynch of me. I will endeavor to prevent it but I would do that as Mafia too so shrugz0rz.

I am running for mayor on a platform of lynching a lurker of my own choosing that is not subject to towns knowledge or influence.

A vote for VE is a vote for an active town.

Anyone who has posted so far is safe D1, for I am a kind and benevolent Lord.

Meh, I don't really see it. Not that I think it's townie, but I don't see the insecurity?

insincerity

As in he isn't really running for mayor

So the fact that he hasn't posted since his first spray of post? It makes him a lurker but I don't understand why it makes him scum

A vote for VE is a vote for active town.
Emphasis on word active.


I don't get it, please lay it out clearly. "Everyone should vote for VE so that he's pressured to actively play so that we can understand his alignement", is that what you're saying?

VE ran his mayor campaign on the basis of "A vote for VE is a vote for active town", yet he has done jack shit or is even pretending on doing jack shit.

I'm glad that someone pointed this out, I would be willing to vote VE as well as cake at this point because the lack of activity after promising to lynch a lurker is pretty bad.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 01:48 GMT
#1629
Instead of killing the second most voted player would it be in towns interest to kill the most inactive player with mayor kill? I could get behind a basically confirmed vivax for mayor with that logic even if it means losing ray.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 01:49 GMT
#1630
Or even giving mayor the coinflip of one of the three least active players so mafia doesn't spike activity just enough to survive.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 01:49 GMT
#1631
On March 05 2024 10:46 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 10:40 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway here’s where I’m at
Town: koshi, iamp, rayn
Mafia: VE, jacob,


If my push on you is contrived why don't you have an opinion on my alginment?

I’m really not putting my effort into figuring you out day 1 tbh, it’s a lost cause for me


What's your read on cake?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 01:51 GMT
#1632
On March 05 2024 05:24 Koshi wrote:
I am on page 25 right now and I am not getting anything out of it anymore.

Oats posts too much to be lynched today. I don't enjoy reading his posts but that doesn't make him mafia. I think he deserves time to develop his play due to activity.

Copcake is unreadable. I don't feel like she is hiding though. I just don't get what she is thinking yet.

tfrel I will filter right now. He is also in my null pile with all these people but the most in hiding.

Slam is being slam. Not going to go further into that. He can stay alive, but if rayn kills him I won't be upset.

mebaby made bad posts and a couple sensible posts after that doesn't change that. She is in red territory but won't be lynched most likely because she is active enough. (shouldn't be lynched d1 in such a big game imo)

I fucking hate posts like this, way to not hard commit to any of those reads at all. I think I'm gonna have to filter Koshi when I'm done to take a closer look here bc the whole "I reread them and they're null/slight green/slight red and i dont wanna lynch them/let them live another day" drives me insane.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 05 2024 01:54 GMT
#1633
I feel like it's harder to argue against vivax mayor as mafia. Rels and palmar both entered the thread with that mindset. Pretty much ignored most of what happened for most of the thread but making sure they say what they were supposed to say as town about the vivax claim as soon as possible.
There are obviously town reasons to mayor vivax, but there is some reluctance I expect from townies. I think the over-eagerness to jump on the vivax train right away points to mafia.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 01:54 GMT
#1634
The longer hapa is away the more I think he rolled mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 01:58 GMT
#1635
On March 05 2024 10:54 sandroba wrote:
I feel like it's harder to argue against vivax mayor as mafia. Rels and palmar both entered the thread with that mindset. Pretty much ignored most of what happened for most of the thread but making sure they say what they were supposed to say as town about the vivax claim as soon as possible.
There are obviously town reasons to mayor vivax, but there is some reluctance I expect from townies. I think the over-eagerness to jump on the vivax train right away points to mafia.


Hard disagree. I find people who just accept it for what it is and make the correct play in regards to him is townie.

The scummy thing is talking around in circles about how shit vivax’s claim was, that he might not be town or if he is he is not confirmed

It’s a huge waste of time and shits up the thread and is also incredibly easy content to fake.

I found palmars approach to the situation very townie for example

Are you still lock town on trfel btw?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 01:59 GMT
#1636
I don’t believe mafia want the jail keeper to be nk immune. I just don’t.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 02:00 GMT
#1637
On March 05 2024 05:53 Koshi wrote:
So I am on page 36 and I am going to call marv mafia.
and I am calling sandroba & rayn dummies for pushing the marv is town shit into this thread with literally nothing to back it up.

Fuck your shit.

town!marv is very capable to play this game and get mayor. He would be a good mayor and this game could be easy and fun.

The shit you 3 are doing is horrible and against town wincon. I also play against town wincon on purpose in previous games and marv was the one complaining and saying I shouldn't do it.

Well he is doing just that.


Now what mafia!marv would do this is an entire other story. And a very believable one.

I also dislike sandroba.
I probably like rayn but not enough to say he is for sure not mafia. But ok. I can work with him most likely.

OK this post counteracts the one I quoted from a couple of pages ago. I retract my wishy washy allegations. I'm probably gonna have to go back and carefully read all the whisperer discussion but at the very least Koshi is not guilty of being afraid to make big reads.

I'm gonna pause on giving my thoughts to the validity of the case at the moment bc I have a town read on sandroba so I need to read Marv's filter but I'm a lot more comfortable wish Koshi now.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-05 02:13:19
March 05 2024 02:02 GMT
#1638
Day One Vote Count

Mayor

Vivax (6): raynpelikoneet, Rels, Vivax, DarthPunk, die_meatbaby, Koshi, Alakaslam
raynpelikoneet (3): JacobStrangelove, Alakaslam, raynpelikoneet, Iamperfection, raynpelikoneet
Oatsmaster (1): Oatsmaster
Koshi (1): Koshi, justanothertownie


Not Voting (10):

With 6 votes, Vivax is currently set to be elected!

Lynch

Oatsmaster (3) : Vivax, VisceraEyes, DarthPunk
ToTheStars (3): Rels, CopCake, JacobStrangelove
Palmar (3) : marvellosity, justanothertownie, Alakaslam
VisceraEyes (2): iamperfection, sandroba, Vivax, Oatsmaster
Koshi (1) : JacobStrangelove, Oatsmaster, sandroba
DarthPunk (1) : raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (0) : DarthPunk
CopCake (0): Oatsmaster, DarthPunk
Alakaslam (0) Oatsmaster, CopCake
Vivax (0): Alakaslam

Not Voting(8):

With 3 votes, Oatsmaster is currently set to be lynched!

Let me know if you see any votes misplaced

The deadline is Wednesday, Mar 06 3:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in


Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 02:05 GMT
#1639
On March 05 2024 10:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway here’s where I’m at
Town: koshi, iamp, rayn
Mafia: VE, jacob,


I value your input as I was really impressed by your reads on MS and frankly this looks like too little.

What do you think about sandro, marv, DP?
I really struggle to spot any type of focus here buddy.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 05 2024 02:05 GMT
#1640
On March 05 2024 10:59 DarthPunk wrote:
I don’t believe mafia want the jail keeper to be nk immune. I just don’t.

It's a powerful role but it's not the be all end all there is 5 mafia with 2 factional kp.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft210
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft210
Nina 87
ViBE75
SpeCial 60
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
Noble 69
Hyuk 56
NaDa 35
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
League of Legends
Doublelift4636
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox311
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5464
Khaldor679
Other Games
summit1g8128
FrodaN1818
Coldzera 815
shahzam517
JimRising 385
C9.Mang0295
KnowMe205
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King58
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH352
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21236
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 30m
Online Event
11h 30m
FEL
16h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.