• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:55
CEST 07:55
KST 14:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8329 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 84

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 555 Next
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 02:31 GMT
#1661
On March 05 2024 10:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 10:37 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Fuck no I’m not electing vivax
He’s probably town though and he’ll self resolve

Like 4 people have said this now and I'm having a really hard time understanding people's reservations to have someone they believe is town as mayor, especially when that person has already offered the mayor kill to the town so the whole "vivax won't know who to kill" point is moot.

Killing the second top vote getter isn’t “offering the vote to town”.
I’m also not sure why it’s a problem that I have other town reads?
And there is also opportunity cost voting vivax

Are you being intentionally obtuse? The second highest vote getter is the town's choice?

Would you prefer we ran a second vote for the mayor to lynch out of? Would that qualify as town choice for you? What is the opportunity cost of voting vivax?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 05 2024 02:31 GMT
#1662
Your just not making sense imo when we were town in that recent game you made a lot more sense
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:32 GMT
#1663
On March 05 2024 11:30 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:29 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:28 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:25 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:07 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:02 Grackaroni wrote:
Day One Vote Count

Mayor

Vivax (6): raynpelikoneet, Rels, Vivax, DarthPunk, die_meatbaby, Koshi, Alakaslam
raynpelikoneet (3): JacobStrangelove, Alakaslam, raynpelikoneet, Iamperfection, raynpelikoneet
Oatsmaster (1): Oatsmaster
Koshi (1): Koshi, justanothertownie


Not Voting (10):

With 6 votes, Vivax is currently set to be elected!

Lynch

Oatsmaster (3) : Vivax, VisceraEyes, DarthPunk
ToTheStars (3): Rels, CopCake, JacobStrangelove
Palmar (3) : marvellosity, justanothertownie, Alakaslam
VisceraEyes (2): iamperfection, sandroba, Vivax, Oatsmaster
Koshi (2) : JacobStrangelove, Oatsmaster, sandroba
DarthPunk (1) : raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (0) : DarthPunk
CopCake (0): Oatsmaster, DarthPunk
Alakaslam (0) Oatsmaster, CopCake
Vivax (0): Alakaslam

Not Voting(7):

With 3 votes, Oatsmaster is currently set to be lynched!

Let me know if you see any votes misplaced

The deadline is Wednesday, Mar 06 3:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in




Just for the record koshi has 1 vote on them.

@DP who would you prefer mayor vivax shoot second lynch target or one of the lurkers?


I would probably have town agree on a pool of candidates and then let vivax choose between them, because then we know that the final choice is not mafia influenced.

?????


What?

It could be mafia influenced because the whole game would be picking the players ??



The final choice is not. Because vivax is choosing from the pool.

What about that gives you bad vibes about my alignment?I am sure that I would say the same thing in this circumstance as either alignment.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:33 GMT
#1664
On March 05 2024 11:31 iamperfection wrote:
Your just not making sense imo when we were town in that recent game you made a lot more sense


Well you are not making sense to me right now either so ditto.

What doesn't make sense about my approach?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 05 2024 02:33 GMT
#1665
Your whole not seeing the vivax thing the way I saw it.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:33 GMT
#1666
I find your strong opposition to the vivax mayor stuff really fucking weird.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:36 GMT
#1667
You don't even know who should be mayor apart from yourself!

Why then, are you so reluctant for the Un CC'd Jailkeeper to be made mayor here?

Like, if you had another plan that made sense for the town I would be open to it, but all you are doing is going: "OH WTF people want vivax to be mayor?!?" like it's really so hard to understand.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 02:37 GMT
#1668
On March 05 2024 11:30 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:29 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:28 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:25 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:07 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:02 Grackaroni wrote:
Day One Vote Count

Mayor

Vivax (6): raynpelikoneet, Rels, Vivax, DarthPunk, die_meatbaby, Koshi, Alakaslam
raynpelikoneet (3): JacobStrangelove, Alakaslam, raynpelikoneet, Iamperfection, raynpelikoneet
Oatsmaster (1): Oatsmaster
Koshi (1): Koshi, justanothertownie


Not Voting (10):

With 6 votes, Vivax is currently set to be elected!

Lynch

Oatsmaster (3) : Vivax, VisceraEyes, DarthPunk
ToTheStars (3): Rels, CopCake, JacobStrangelove
Palmar (3) : marvellosity, justanothertownie, Alakaslam
VisceraEyes (2): iamperfection, sandroba, Vivax, Oatsmaster
Koshi (2) : JacobStrangelove, Oatsmaster, sandroba
DarthPunk (1) : raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (0) : DarthPunk
CopCake (0): Oatsmaster, DarthPunk
Alakaslam (0) Oatsmaster, CopCake
Vivax (0): Alakaslam

Not Voting(7):

With 3 votes, Oatsmaster is currently set to be lynched!

Let me know if you see any votes misplaced

The deadline is Wednesday, Mar 06 3:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in




Just for the record koshi has 1 vote on them.

@DP who would you prefer mayor vivax shoot second lynch target or one of the lurkers?


I would probably have town agree on a pool of candidates and then let vivax choose between them, because then we know that the final choice is not mafia influenced.

?????


What?

It could be mafia influenced because the whole game would be picking the players ??


5/21 will be the mafia what‘s not to like about the odds.
You‘re like a guy sitting in the back of the class occasionally shooting paper rolls full of saliva through a blowtube at the teachers at this point brouhaha
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 02:39 GMT
#1669
Holy shit that took me like an hour and a half. The person who stood out the worst to me during the readthrough was copcake. I am also going to look at everyone who said "vivax town but I'm not voting him for reasons blah blah blah"

Sandroba probably my strongest townread at the moment aside from Vivax.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 05 2024 02:39 GMT
#1670
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:41 GMT
#1671
On March 05 2024 11:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.


Am I wrong here? Do you think vivax could have fake claimed? I find that to be quite implausible.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 02:42 GMT
#1672
On March 05 2024 11:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.


unccd
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 02:42 GMT
#1673
On March 05 2024 11:42 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.


unccd


Spell it out that‘s the sound of the moans coming from that masonry
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:43 GMT
#1674
I find it implausible with the mayor mechanic and the bodyguards that there would be 2 protective roles in this game. but my perception of balance is low power games generally.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:45 GMT
#1675
I would like anyone that doesn't want vivax to be mayor outline what they suggest is the benefit in just letting him get shot night one.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 02:45 GMT
#1676
On March 05 2024 11:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.

So you're telling me you'd just yolo roll the dice as scum D1 and claim a role in hopes that town didn't have it in order to get.... the mayor who's only real advantage is the extra kill which you've already told them you're going to use as they direct anyway?

Is vivax so worried his scum play is bad that he needs the bodyguards from potential vigi shots? Walk me through the logic here.

Like we're not even talking a LYLO fake claim here where the last scum is trying to wiggle out of a lynch, we're talking a player claiming like halfway into D1 with no real pressure on him.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 05 2024 02:46 GMT
#1677
On March 05 2024 11:41 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.


Am I wrong here? Do you think vivax could have fake claimed? I find that to be quite implausible.

Yes it's possible it's even probable! What the actual fuck?! It's not even out of his wheel house as town DP it does nothing except make him likely town. Which okay, if that rustles your jimmies, having soft confirmation on a player with okay reads, good for you. I've got that on tone on several players, some I'd much rather see with protection, but I'm not going to try and derail vivax when I mostly agree that he's town.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 05 2024 02:46 GMT
#1678
OMG people, claims mean nothing because no one holds anyone accountable here Jesus Christ
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 05 2024 02:47 GMT
#1679
I say as everyone holds me accountable for saying I want an active town and then go inactive. You guys are a trip.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 02:48 GMT
#1680
On March 05 2024 11:45 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:39 VisceraEyes wrote:
People saying unccd in a semi open setup is making my eyes roll so hard they're doing back flips. God I've never wished I was Mafia more in a game.

So you're telling me you'd just yolo roll the dice as scum D1 and claim a role in hopes that town didn't have it in order to get.... the mayor who's only real advantage is the extra kill which you've already told them you're going to use as they direct anyway?

Is vivax so worried his scum play is bad that he needs the bodyguards from potential vigi shots? Walk me through the logic here.

Like we're not even talking a LYLO fake claim here where the last scum is trying to wiggle out of a lynch, we're talking a player claiming like halfway into D1 with no real pressure on him.


Good post.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft723
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 582
Stork 236
ggaemo 200
Leta 148
PianO 61
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Reynor50
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King227
Westballz37
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor652
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft211
Sick152
RuFF_SC2112
ViBE70
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2252
League of Legends
• Lourlo1358
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 5m
Online Event
5h 5m
FEL
10h 5m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 5m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.