• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:18
CEST 09:18
KST 16:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7636 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 555 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 20:38 GMT
#1161
On March 05 2024 05:34 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:32 DarthPunk wrote:
I don’t think Rayn is outside of his scum range btw.

So you thinks it's possible scum rayn masoned marv willingly


We don't even know what marv is. Besides, why shouldn't he?
It's like you think masoning marv is equal to running naked and heavily armed into a military encampment.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 20:39 GMT
#1162
koshi goes to town pile for that post on trfel.
table for two on a tv tray
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:39 GMT
#1163
On March 05 2024 05:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.

He's doing fine so far.


What specifically do you think he is doing well with?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 04 2024 20:39 GMT
#1164
##Mayor: Vivax
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 20:40 GMT
#1165
On March 05 2024 05:39 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.

He's doing fine so far.


What specifically do you think he is doing well with?

What is that question really, he has one post that is game related...
table for two on a tv tray
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 04 2024 20:40 GMT
#1166
On March 05 2024 05:38 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:34 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:32 DarthPunk wrote:
I don’t think Rayn is outside of his scum range btw.

So you thinks it's possible scum rayn masoned marv willingly


Yes.

I would mason a strong townie like that as mafia 100 percent of the time.

Without the thread watching over you it would be much easier to pocket someone.

TL players are very weak to being pocketed. I think that is the only thing MS have over us actually. They are far more aware of and concerned by pocketing attempts.

I’m not calling Rayn mafia here im just saying it’s within his range and It’s part of why I’m voting vivax for mayor over him.

I did it once with rsoultin (I was the scum mason and tried to pocker her like that) and it backfired spectacularly :D
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:41 GMT
#1167
On March 05 2024 05:35 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



I can add a third, I thought those Trfel posts were bad too. If I remember right, it was his first posts too, it looked like scum hiding between technicality/setup discussion to participate.

I liked his posts going forward though, I think he's town now


This is good

I remember Tfrel apologizing a lot and saying "I am sorry" many times when he is town.

I was trying to look for a scum game of him here but I couldnt, would be helpful if someone can link me.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 04 2024 20:42 GMT
#1168
Hey DMB, who would you lynch if the deadline was now?
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:42 GMT
#1169
On March 05 2024 05:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:27 DarthPunk wrote:

The only one I’m really afraid of being mafia in that lot is Rayn


Which would be, why?


If you need me to still explain it’s that I think you are the strongest mafia player in that three by some margin.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 20:43 GMT
#1170
On March 05 2024 05:41 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:35 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
[quote]
I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



I can add a third, I thought those Trfel posts were bad too. If I remember right, it was his first posts too, it looked like scum hiding between technicality/setup discussion to participate.

I liked his posts going forward though, I think he's town now


This is good

I remember Tfrel apologizing a lot and saying "I am sorry" many times when he is town.

I was trying to look for a scum game of him here but I couldnt, would be helpful if someone can link me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/390080-tl-mafia-database#2

find Trfel there.
table for two on a tv tray
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:43 GMT
#1171
On March 05 2024 05:40 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:38 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:34 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:32 DarthPunk wrote:
I don’t think Rayn is outside of his scum range btw.

So you thinks it's possible scum rayn masoned marv willingly


Yes.

I would mason a strong townie like that as mafia 100 percent of the time.

Without the thread watching over you it would be much easier to pocket someone.

TL players are very weak to being pocketed. I think that is the only thing MS have over us actually. They are far more aware of and concerned by pocketing attempts.

I’m not calling Rayn mafia here im just saying it’s within his range and It’s part of why I’m voting vivax for mayor over him.

I did it once with rsoultin (I was the scum mason and tried to pocker her like that) and it backfired spectacularly :D


Doesn’t mean it’s bad. Iirc she was particularly wary of being pocketed .
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 20:44 GMT
#1172
Rayn downplaying his mafia abilities is one fat red flag
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 20:44 GMT
#1173
On March 05 2024 05:42 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:27 DarthPunk wrote:

The only one I’m really afraid of being mafia in that lot is Rayn


Which would be, why?


If you need me to still explain it’s that I think you are the strongest mafia player in that three by some margin.

by some margin? :O
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 20:44 GMT
#1174
On March 04 2024 22:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Trfel looks too clean, it worries me.

Damn. I promise I didn't read this till now.
Good stuff.
I had a good night of sleep.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:44 GMT
#1175
On March 05 2024 05:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:39 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.

He's doing fine so far.


What specifically do you think he is doing well with?

What is that question really, he has one post that is game related...


Yes I know. Which is why I am asking.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 20:45 GMT
#1176
On March 05 2024 05:44 Vivax wrote:
Rayn downplaying his mafia abilities is one fat red flag

how have i done that?
unless you mean comparison between me/marv/sandroba that i didnt understand
table for two on a tv tray
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:45 GMT
#1177
On March 05 2024 05:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:41 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:35 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
[quote]I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



I can add a third, I thought those Trfel posts were bad too. If I remember right, it was his first posts too, it looked like scum hiding between technicality/setup discussion to participate.

I liked his posts going forward though, I think he's town now


This is good

I remember Tfrel apologizing a lot and saying "I am sorry" many times when he is town.

I was trying to look for a scum game of him here but I couldnt, would be helpful if someone can link me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/390080-tl-mafia-database#2

find Trfel there.


A game from 2016 is useless
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 20:45 GMT
#1178
On March 05 2024 05:44 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:39 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.

He's doing fine so far.


What specifically do you think he is doing well with?

What is that question really, he has one post that is game related...


Yes I know. Which is why I am asking.

It is an observation i also made, noone else seems to have made that.
table for two on a tv tray
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:46 GMT
#1179
On March 05 2024 05:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:44 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:39 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.

He's doing fine so far.


What specifically do you think he is doing well with?

What is that question really, he has one post that is game related...


Yes I know. Which is why I am asking.

It is an observation i also made, noone else seems to have made that.


Ok so it was sarcasm?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:46 GMT
#1180
On March 05 2024 05:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:44 Vivax wrote:
Rayn downplaying his mafia abilities is one fat red flag

how have i done that?
unless you mean comparison between me/marv/sandroba that i didnt understand


What don’t you understand about it?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1283
910 822
ggaemo 708
actioN 504
Mong 228
Shuttle 108
Dewaltoss 95
Yoon 94
Leta 34
soO 33
[ Show more ]
yabsab 32
Hm[arnc] 28
ZergMaN 24
Bale 23
Noble 19
Dota 2
Fuzer 59
League of Legends
JimRising 555
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor812
Other Games
summit1g9437
ceh9449
olofmeister322
Happy265
PiGStarcraft234
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS55
trigger8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2360
League of Legends
• Rush1319
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 42m
OSC
14h 42m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.