• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8579 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 357

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 355 356 357 358 359 555 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 12 2024 13:32 GMT
#7121
ez maths
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 12 2024 13:36 GMT
#7122
On March 12 2024 22:32 Palmar wrote:
ez maths

Yep. As someone who is really good at math I can confirm.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 12 2024 13:50 GMT
#7123
On March 12 2024 19:59 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 19:54 justanothertownie wrote:
Marv did not say palmar is mafia. He strongly called him town. How are you all getting this wrong. VEs case was also not very good.

I really love how you put your own name in the list of people who read him mafia though.


In which world do you live now?

You do not have to make big reads just who do you think is more town.


What are the worlds btw? I am aware that I have too many town or townish reads. Without having reread I would probably go for dmb or maybe MZ next.
Maybe we also need to flip you since some people I think are town feel so strongly about that and it would give us insight into day3. My first task should probably be making up my mind about that.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 12 2024 14:22 GMT
#7124
Starting some work:

For context, I've basically considered Rels a pseudo-lurker this game, but that may not be the correct take. Due the length of the game and my sporadic availability we may not have been in the thread at the same time much.

He basically hated the same post that I hated from TTS on day 1, which is a stance I wasn't aware of. I like that take, even if it's not impossible to make as mafia.

In the next few pages I think I agreed with most of what he was saying. I honestly think he just got hypnotized by my enormous balls and ended up getting mislead, but aside from attacking me, he wasn't actually bad in the early game.

I come away thinking he's less likely to be mafia than before, but this is just preliminary work.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 12 2024 14:39 GMT
#7125
Still don't like MZ, but again, it's just preliminary filtering, not a full read.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 12 2024 14:49 GMT
#7126
On February 27 2024 09:44 iamperfection wrote:
trying a new style btw not posting as much

well that was a lie lol, 30 pages of filter
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 12 2024 15:04 GMT
#7127
JAT that is the laziest shit ever. So if Palmar fooled marv after being scumread by marv and having to try to fool him, we are never going to revisit that?

Poor play by JAT.

I am also very concerned Palmar just takes it and runs with it.

We should check how many meaningful conversations Palmar and JAT have had in these 350 pages.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 12 2024 15:06 GMT
#7128
Think I am ok with voting Palmar tomorrow. I dont know if he is mafia but the people I mafia read are town and my townreads mafia. So this is a fresh breath of air.
I had a good night of sleep.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 12 2024 15:08 GMT
#7129
I remember one game which GB hosted, Ve and me called Chezinu mafia.

No one believed us.

Good times, cool boi.
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 12 2024 15:10 GMT
#7130
On March 12 2024 21:14 CopCake wrote:
Why am I town, Koshi?


Same reason here. He just give me Townreads because of MZ
You get Townreads without any explanation from him.
There are always reason why you Townread somebody.
That hole Koshi thing in this game just feels like a bit lazy mafia...
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 12 2024 15:31 GMT
#7131
I have to fly tonight, I apologize for my activity but flying takes huge chunks out of my schedule. I will try and be around on my phone this morning and get started on a reread of Palmar. Anything is on the table rn with the VE flip and my current lack of conviction on cake.

The suspicion on Palmar also reminds me, we never heard from a Mason the whole of D3 so I'm guessing scum got it and just didn't want to talk?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 12 2024 15:37 GMT
#7132
On March 13 2024 00:31 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I have to fly tonight, I apologize for my activity but flying takes huge chunks out of my schedule. I will try and be around on my phone this morning and get started on a reread of Palmar. Anything is on the table rn with the VE flip and my current lack of conviction on cake.

The suspicion on Palmar also reminds me, we never heard from a Mason the whole of D3 so I'm guessing scum got it and just didn't want to talk?


How would knowing who had the mason chat helping us do find scum?
It is random could be T chat with M or T with T or M with M...
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 12 2024 15:40 GMT
#7133
On March 13 2024 00:10 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2024 21:14 CopCake wrote:
Why am I town, Koshi?


Same reason here. He just give me Townreads because of MZ
You get Townreads without any explanation from him.
There are always reason why you Townread somebody.
That hole Koshi thing in this game just feels like a bit lazy mafia...

DmB I have a meta townread on you, I'm not going to argue against people who say you haven't done much to help out but I'm gonna tell them I think you're a mislynch waiting to happen.

That's what Koshi felt about cake, and for what it's worth after the shenanigans of yesterday I actually kinda find myself agreeing with him.

Sometimes to solve games like this, at some point you have to accept someone else's read is more correct on a person, I wouldn't call Koshi scum for TRing you based on my read, just expedient to try and narrow down the pool of people he has to analyze. If I'm wrong about you dmb and you win as scum, I'll take my ridicule post game.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 12 2024 15:45 GMT
#7134
On March 13 2024 00:37 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:31 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I have to fly tonight, I apologize for my activity but flying takes huge chunks out of my schedule. I will try and be around on my phone this morning and get started on a reread of Palmar. Anything is on the table rn with the VE flip and my current lack of conviction on cake.

The suspicion on Palmar also reminds me, we never heard from a Mason the whole of D3 so I'm guessing scum got it and just didn't want to talk?


How would knowing who had the mason chat helping us do find scum?
It is random could be T chat with M or T with T or M with M...

If you're town and you get whispered there's absolutely zero reason not to share with the town what happens in it. More information is always helpful. If you're a townie and you are the whisperer you should also share who you whispered and also why you did it. I whispered Palmar to try and solidify my reads of him. That didn't work out as planned but I still tried to share whatever info I got with the town.

There is no reason not to share with the town and hiding information only serves to make both people look bad.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 12 2024 15:48 GMT
#7135
On March 13 2024 00:40 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:10 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 12 2024 21:14 CopCake wrote:
Why am I town, Koshi?


Same reason here. He just give me Townreads because of MZ
You get Townreads without any explanation from him.
There are always reason why you Townread somebody.
That hole Koshi thing in this game just feels like a bit lazy mafia...

DmB I have a meta townread on you, I'm not going to argue against people who say you haven't done much to help out but I'm gonna tell them I think you're a mislynch waiting to happen.

That's what Koshi felt about cake, and for what it's worth after the shenanigans of yesterday I actually kinda find myself agreeing with him.

Sometimes to solve games like this, at some point you have to accept someone else's read is more correct on a person, I wouldn't call Koshi scum for TRing you based on my read, just expedient to try and narrow down the pool of people he has to analyze. If I'm wrong about you dmb and you win as scum, I'll take my ridicule post game.


As scum, I wouldn't question a townread about me, no matter who it was from, but as a town I have to.
Especially when it comes from Koshi.
Of the last 3 games, I didn't get a single townread from him, no matter what I was.
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 12 2024 15:50 GMT
#7136
I am lynching Palmar tomorrow no matter what, is my duty as town to do so.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 12 2024 15:51 GMT
#7137
On March 13 2024 00:48 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:40 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 13 2024 00:10 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 12 2024 21:14 CopCake wrote:
Why am I town, Koshi?


Same reason here. He just give me Townreads because of MZ
You get Townreads without any explanation from him.
There are always reason why you Townread somebody.
That hole Koshi thing in this game just feels like a bit lazy mafia...

DmB I have a meta townread on you, I'm not going to argue against people who say you haven't done much to help out but I'm gonna tell them I think you're a mislynch waiting to happen.

That's what Koshi felt about cake, and for what it's worth after the shenanigans of yesterday I actually kinda find myself agreeing with him.

Sometimes to solve games like this, at some point you have to accept someone else's read is more correct on a person, I wouldn't call Koshi scum for TRing you based on my read, just expedient to try and narrow down the pool of people he has to analyze. If I'm wrong about you dmb and you win as scum, I'll take my ridicule post game.


As scum, I wouldn't question a townread about me, no matter who it was from, but as a town I have to.
Especially when it comes from Koshi.
Of the last 3 games, I didn't get a single townread from him, no matter what I was.

OK that's fair, was he town or scum when he was calling you scum?

Also I'm very sure I was part of a push to mislynch you in your first game and now I'm townreading you for very similar play, Koshi could be willing to listen to me because he's also learned your meta a bit.

I think that's all I'll say on this for now, I don't wanna put words in Koshi's mouth and it's definitely your right to be suspicious of him.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 12 2024 16:00 GMT
#7138
On March 13 2024 00:45 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:37 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 13 2024 00:31 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I have to fly tonight, I apologize for my activity but flying takes huge chunks out of my schedule. I will try and be around on my phone this morning and get started on a reread of Palmar. Anything is on the table rn with the VE flip and my current lack of conviction on cake.

The suspicion on Palmar also reminds me, we never heard from a Mason the whole of D3 so I'm guessing scum got it and just didn't want to talk?


How would knowing who had the mason chat helping us do find scum?
It is random could be T chat with M or T with T or M with M...

If you're town and you get whispered there's absolutely zero reason not to share with the town what happens in it. More information is always helpful. If you're a townie and you are the whisperer you should also share who you whispered and also why you did it. I whispered Palmar to try and solidify my reads of him. That didn't work out as planned but I still tried to share whatever info I got with the town.

There is no reason not to share with the town and hiding information only serves to make both people look bad.


yeah i think it could also be the opposite from helpful.
I never got the mason chat (and I am happy about that either aligment)

As an example:
DMB Town and DP Mafia getting the mason
I already said in this game he could be scum (before he shot) and the discussion didn't go so well for me. I got more scumreads from Town than I had before. DP is strong player and can easy manipulate the people. We can not see the chat until the game is over. So nobody knows what there really was. Dp could easy lie that I scum slipped in the mason chat with him and make Town lynch me, because I can not prove that he lies and he has more controll of the thread as I do. I get lynched. I flip Town. DP finds still a reason to tell that I wrote so scummy that there was no other option as a lynch.... 1 Win for mafia

This is just an example why I think mason claiming in the thread is stupid and I don´t think Dp is scum (would be to insane)
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 12 2024 16:03 GMT
#7139
On March 13 2024 00:04 Koshi wrote:
JAT that is the laziest shit ever. So if Palmar fooled marv after being scumread by marv and having to try to fool him, we are never going to revisit that?

Poor play by JAT.

I am also very concerned Palmar just takes it and runs with it.

We should check how many meaningful conversations Palmar and JAT have had in these 350 pages.

It absolutely is lazy. But it is the best play in my opinion. Feel free to try and convince me he is mafia if you think he is that strongly but I think it is rather weird how little respect you give to marv here. I mean your whole shtick this game is to sheep dead townies. Rayn thought palmar is mafia, yes. But who has the best record of reading him?
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 12 2024 16:04 GMT
#7140
I don't know what your talking about. We basically were able to get townreads on marv rayn and sandro because of them. Especially rayn. I think they are town favored as a mechanic.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 355 356 357 358 359 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5536
Bisu 3045
Soulkey 1209
Jaedong 1023
Horang2 616
EffOrt 571
Mini 403
actioN 362
Larva 326
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 236
Yoon 118
Mind 95
Pusan 85
Sea.KH 78
Shinee 76
Sharp 76
hero 72
Dewaltoss 67
Snow 62
Hyun 56
sorry 52
Barracks 44
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 22
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 18
NaDa 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2970
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 551
Other Games
olofmeister1443
hiko938
B2W.Neo753
Lowko349
crisheroes278
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax216
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE70
Mew2King51
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1083
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis2507
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 42m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.