• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10725 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 217

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 215 216 217 218 219 555 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 20:19 GMT
#4321
When we get the Oats flip, we will know what Slam is for sure either way.


Id really like to nip this thought in the bud right here, I firmly believe slam is really the cop and I would be extremely sad to see him get lynched after I flip
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 20:20 GMT
#4322
@jealous, dp posted a bunch of what happened in the whisper so far, what do you think of dp at this minute?
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:21 GMT
#4323
On March 08 2024 02:28 CopCake wrote:
The question I have is, why keep Marv alive when he can knight white me and protect me of evil souls and went for Sandro?

I mean, I would be easier to be lynched without Marv.

The game doesn’t revolve around you, cupcake
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 20:22 GMT
#4324
On March 08 2024 05:21 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 02:28 CopCake wrote:
The question I have is, why keep Marv alive when he can knight white me and protect me of evil souls and went for Sandro?

I mean, I would be easier to be lynched without Marv.

The game doesn’t revolve around you, cupcake

*copcake 👮‍♀️
No gg, No skill.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 07 2024 20:22 GMT
#4325
On March 08 2024 05:19 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
When we get the Oats flip, we will know what Slam is for sure either way.


Id really like to nip this thought in the bud right here, I firmly believe slam is really the cop and I would be extremely sad to see him get lynched after I flip

If you are Unaware Miller, will it be revealed after you are lynched?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 07 2024 20:26 GMT
#4326
On March 08 2024 05:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
@jealous, dp posted a bunch of what happened in the whisper so far, what do you think of dp at this minute?

My opinion hasn't significantly changed. I thought he was a strong player and one of my strongest town reads. Both of those estimations went up as a result of our discussion. However, as I pointed out to him in the chat, that also makes him one of my biggest blind spots at the moment. Smart player != Most town player.

No communication for the past ~14 hours though likely due to time differences. Sent them a few questions/posts to look at foir when they get back, looking forward to hearing their thoughts on them + when they catch up, too.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 07 2024 20:26 GMT
#4327
On March 08 2024 05:04 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 04:20 CopCake wrote:
Is it a bad move to whisper the cop? When you know he is alive?

Or why wasnt slam whispered?

These questions can help to answer “why wasnt slam roleblocked”

There are only two scenarios

- Mafia dont see slam as a treat and killed rayn/sandro

- Marv is mafia, his team blocked rayn and killed him


Okay, I see what happened here. You just straight up quoted the wrong post from Slam and were responding to the other thread.

As for why I didn't mason Slam, frankly I'd rather whisper someone who I think is more invested in the game on a more consistent basis, someone who I read town without any role claims. I am operating on the assumption that Slam is cop, so I know his alignment. Why would I whisper him now, then? When we get the Oats flip, we will know what Slam is for sure either way. I'd rather get to know someone who has a strong presence in the thread, drove discourse on D1 as well as both wagons, etc.

All of the protection roles for town can't protect themselves like JK, Doctor, etc. Rayn wouldn't have been able to protect himself anyway. What could have happened is that rayn protected Slam and then got shot, for example. If Slam knew that he was protected - which I don't think is the case, but just for the sake of argument - what would be stopping him from publicly stating so?

You really need to read that OP. Crazy stuff in there.

Can we stop the blue speculation especially if you clearly don't know what your talking about. The only way we would know for sure if slams 100% town is if oats flips scum. Miller and framer are possible so we still wouldn't know for sure that slam was lying even if oats flips green.

For as claiming protection from rayn I have no clue what your talking about how would slam know if he is town. If your suggesting mafia marv knew somehow it's still pointless because there was no missing kp.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:27 GMT
#4328
Mafia probably rb Vivax.

Maybe expected medic on Slam.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:28 GMT
#4329
Actually I should read rayn’s last night post. We had a code for what action he was taking. Oops
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 20:29 GMT
#4330
On March 08 2024 05:22 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 05:19 Oatsmaster wrote:
When we get the Oats flip, we will know what Slam is for sure either way.


Id really like to nip this thought in the bud right here, I firmly believe slam is really the cop and I would be extremely sad to see him get lynched after I flip

If you are Unaware Miller, will it be revealed after you are lynched?

I’m assuming so but even if I flip VT, that doesn’t make slam not cop
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 20:30 GMT
#4331
On March 08 2024 05:26 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 05:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
@jealous, dp posted a bunch of what happened in the whisper so far, what do you think of dp at this minute?

My opinion hasn't significantly changed. I thought he was a strong player and one of my strongest town reads. Both of those estimations went up as a result of our discussion. However, as I pointed out to him in the chat, that also makes him one of my biggest blind spots at the moment. Smart player != Most town player.

No communication for the past ~14 hours though likely due to time differences. Sent them a few questions/posts to look at foir when they get back, looking forward to hearing their thoughts on them + when they catch up, too.

Okay thanks, would like to continue to be updated
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:30 GMT
#4332
On March 07 2024 11:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
A few things:

Slam, Vivax will work out by themselves. Caliin them mafia is completely useless.

Lynch Palmar, lynch VE. After D3 there is noone left to do that anymore and people AGAIN let them slide bewcause noone listen to dead people.

Rayn protected Slam. A (first letter of post) = doctor and his target was the first person he mentioned.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:32 GMT
#4333
On March 08 2024 05:29 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 05:22 Jealous wrote:
On March 08 2024 05:19 Oatsmaster wrote:
When we get the Oats flip, we will know what Slam is for sure either way.


Id really like to nip this thought in the bud right here, I firmly believe slam is really the cop and I would be extremely sad to see him get lynched after I flip

If you are Unaware Miller, will it be revealed after you are lynched?

I’m assuming so but even if I flip VT, that doesn’t make slam not cop

Townie post
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 07 2024 20:33 GMT
#4334
Also want to add that just about everything he posted was accurate to our discussion and he didn't leave anything out, even stuff that I thought he might want to hold closer to his chest IIRC. There were maybe one or two spots where a word may have been missed, or I wouldn't necessarily summarize things that way, like:

"He says marv said they wanted to be masoned"

I said they never saod they wanted to be masoned, as far as I could recall.

However, nothing really major.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:35 GMT
#4335
Also I’m sure I was null in your last list post Jealous…
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 07 2024 20:36 GMT
#4336
On March 08 2024 05:30 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 11:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
A few things:

Slam, Vivax will work out by themselves. Caliin them mafia is completely useless.

Lynch Palmar, lynch VE. After D3 there is noone left to do that anymore and people AGAIN let them slide bewcause noone listen to dead people.

Rayn protected Slam. A (first letter of post) = doctor and his target was the first person he mentioned.

So, mafia could have tried to shoot slam if they have a vigilante. That could be the missing piece then.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2024 20:37 GMT
#4337
Very effective and natural code if I say so myself 😇
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 20:40 GMT
#4338
On March 08 2024 05:36 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 05:30 marvellosity wrote:
On March 07 2024 11:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
A few things:

Slam, Vivax will work out by themselves. Caliin them mafia is completely useless.

Lynch Palmar, lynch VE. After D3 there is noone left to do that anymore and people AGAIN let them slide bewcause noone listen to dead people.

Rayn protected Slam. A (first letter of post) = doctor and his target was the first person he mentioned.

So, mafia could have tried to shoot slam if they have a vigilante. That could be the missing piece then.

Really just thinking of every possibility except me being town, even things MORE unlikely than me being town
No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 07 2024 20:41 GMT
#4339
On March 08 2024 05:37 marvellosity wrote:
Very effective and natural code if I say so myself 😇

Not as good as just writing whatever you want in 10 embedded quotes
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 07 2024 20:41 GMT
#4340
On March 08 2024 05:40 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 05:36 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 08 2024 05:30 marvellosity wrote:
On March 07 2024 11:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
A few things:

Slam, Vivax will work out by themselves. Caliin them mafia is completely useless.

Lynch Palmar, lynch VE. After D3 there is noone left to do that anymore and people AGAIN let them slide bewcause noone listen to dead people.

Rayn protected Slam. A (first letter of post) = doctor and his target was the first person he mentioned.

So, mafia could have tried to shoot slam if they have a vigilante. That could be the missing piece then.

Really just thinking of every possibility except me being town, even things MORE unlikely than me being town

What does that have to do with you being anything? And how did I not think of the possibility of you being town? Are you drunk?
Prev 1 215 216 217 218 219 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1268
WardiTV544
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko422
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7318
Bisu 2419
Jaedong 1038
BeSt 949
EffOrt 518
Horang2 440
actioN 290
Larva 251
ZerO 215
Mini 209
[ Show more ]
Pusan 122
Mind 91
ggaemo 90
Barracks 82
Hyun 68
Snow 67
Shinee 61
Yoon 54
Bale 43
Sharp 37
NotJumperer 36
Killer 34
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
hero 21
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 18
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Noble 11
sorry 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2121
Dendi1071
qojqva694
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1276
markeloff892
Other Games
B2W.Neo427
crisheroes289
hiko239
DeMusliM202
Pyrionflax183
dupreeh111
Livibee84
Mew2King65
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1084
League of Legends
• Jankos1249
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 34m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.