• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 128

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 555 Next
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
March 05 2024 23:48 GMT
#2541
On March 06 2024 08:28 Palmar wrote:
I think Jealous is complaining (he didn't quote it correctly) about my post encouraging Hapa to just play at a lower effort level.

I disagree with Jealous, I think that was a very townie post by me.

Yea, my apologies, I only realized on the re-read that I somehow lost that post into somewhere else. But, I'm glad you brought it up. For posterity (so everyone else knows what I was referring to):

On March 05 2024 23:58 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 23:50 Hapahauli wrote:
Not a damn thing. I don't want to be a buzz kill or anything, but I literally cannot bring myself to even try every time I sit down and try to start

You don't actually have to read the thread, god knows I haven't.

Just start talking with people. Mafia is incredibly hard and these people spam like their life depends on it. You just kinda have to accept that you're not playing at 100% capacity and be okay with it.


Admitting you haven't read the thread just doesn't feel like a smart thing to be doing regardless of whether you're mafia or town IMO, but especially town. If you're not trying to catch inconsistencies, see apparent partnerships or dissect whether a conflict is genuine or manufactured, what are we doing here? Like, yea, asking questions and using that info to inform your decisions is a thing you're supposed to do, but without a frame of reference it just feels like it's not helping town and can just lead to more confusion than anything.

But, you're a more experienced player than me and might have just been trying to be kind to Hapa, I can concede that. In general I liked how you've been posting recently for the most part, but you were also under the microscope for a bit so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking forward to see what you do going forward.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:48 GMT
#2542
On March 06 2024 08:45 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:43 Palmar wrote:
This is just random and for post-game purposes.

We actually have like 4 objectively correct lynches (that is correct from a "how to play mafia" perspective).

1) Vivax - All day 1 claimers should be policy lynched without question
2) TTS - Complete inactivity
3) Hapa - replacement and demotivation is something that happens much more often as mafia
4) Trfel - He literally is voting without having any clue why

But for various reasons I'm not really pushing any of those lynches. Guess I'm bad.


Technically 5 with The slam claim but somehow we're all collectively forgetting it happened at seperate times.

Right

Like I'm going to be mad if Vivax is mafia because I know in my heart that I'm being incredibly dumb not lynching him. But I'm allowing my gut to win against my inner fascist.
Computer says mafia
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:49 GMT
#2543
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:49 GMT
#2544
On March 06 2024 08:49 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go

I mean you could just go
Computer says mafia
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:50 GMT
#2545
On March 06 2024 08:48 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:45 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:43 Palmar wrote:
This is just random and for post-game purposes.

We actually have like 4 objectively correct lynches (that is correct from a "how to play mafia" perspective).

1) Vivax - All day 1 claimers should be policy lynched without question
2) TTS - Complete inactivity
3) Hapa - replacement and demotivation is something that happens much more often as mafia
4) Trfel - He literally is voting without having any clue why

But for various reasons I'm not really pushing any of those lynches. Guess I'm bad.


Technically 5 with The slam claim but somehow we're all collectively forgetting it happened at seperate times.

Right

Like I'm going to be mad if Vivax is mafia because I know in my heart that I'm being incredibly dumb not lynching him. But I'm allowing my gut to win against my inner fascist.


Your inner fascist is secretly okay with an Austrian chancellor admit it
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:53 GMT
#2546
On March 06 2024 08:49 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:49 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go

I mean you could just go

LOL
I really have a hard time understanding this:
On March 06 2024 08:30 Rels wrote:
"I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it." => then 1 hour later "Wait you still think I'm mafia?"

?????

I don't know if there is any explanation you could give that would satisfy me, but, maybe try?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 05 2024 23:54 GMT
#2547
On March 06 2024 08:48 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:28 Palmar wrote:
I think Jealous is complaining (he didn't quote it correctly) about my post encouraging Hapa to just play at a lower effort level.

I disagree with Jealous, I think that was a very townie post by me.

Yea, my apologies, I only realized on the re-read that I somehow lost that post into somewhere else. But, I'm glad you brought it up. For posterity (so everyone else knows what I was referring to):

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 23:58 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:50 Hapahauli wrote:
Not a damn thing. I don't want to be a buzz kill or anything, but I literally cannot bring myself to even try every time I sit down and try to start

You don't actually have to read the thread, god knows I haven't.

Just start talking with people. Mafia is incredibly hard and these people spam like their life depends on it. You just kinda have to accept that you're not playing at 100% capacity and be okay with it.


Admitting you haven't read the thread just doesn't feel like a smart thing to be doing regardless of whether you're mafia or town IMO, but especially town. If you're not trying to catch inconsistencies, see apparent partnerships or dissect whether a conflict is genuine or manufactured, what are we doing here? Like, yea, asking questions and using that info to inform your decisions is a thing you're supposed to do, but without a frame of reference it just feels like it's not helping town and can just lead to more confusion than anything.

But, you're a more experienced player than me and might have just been trying to be kind to Hapa, I can concede that. In general I liked how you've been posting recently for the most part, but you were also under the microscope for a bit so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking forward to see what you do going forward.

What in the actual fuck is this post
No gg, No skill.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:55 GMT
#2548
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:55 GMT
#2549
On March 06 2024 08:53 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:49 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:49 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go

I mean you could just go

LOL
I really have a hard time understanding this:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:30 Rels wrote:
"I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it." => then 1 hour later "Wait you still think I'm mafia?"

?????

I don't know if there is any explanation you could give that would satisfy me, but, maybe try?


Nah
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:55 GMT
#2550
On March 06 2024 08:36 DarthPunk wrote:
BTW, why does JAT need to wait for marv's permission to vote trfel to save himself, seems really fucking off to me.

Is Jat the kind of player who sucks up to marv.

A million percent he is.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
March 05 2024 23:56 GMT
#2551
On March 06 2024 08:34 Koshi wrote:
Oh man. Just search for tfrel in my filter and you will read all the things why he is mafia.

oof if he flips mafia I will have to vote rayn next. It's all in my filter.

Thanks, I'll take a look and come back with some quotes if I find them. Do remember really liking your posts from ~24 hours ago if memory serves correct.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:56 GMT
#2552
oh and I'm always wrong on some mafia that I just give random town reads for no good reason. But it's not far enough into the game for me to know what's what.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:56 GMT
#2553
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

I sort of agree with you about Trfel tbh.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 05 2024 23:57 GMT
#2554
I just finished debriefing, I'm still at work and can't catch up on 600 posts. Can a couple of people please summarize what's happened?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:59 GMT
#2555
Not gonna lie Palmar might have just called out all the mafia in the top part of his post.
Good job team.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:59 GMT
#2556
On March 06 2024 08:55 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:36 DarthPunk wrote:
BTW, why does JAT need to wait for marv's permission to vote trfel to save himself, seems really fucking off to me.

Is Jat the kind of player who sucks up to marv.

A million percent he is.


ew.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 05 2024 23:59 GMT
#2557
On March 06 2024 08:57 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I just finished debriefing, I'm still at work and can't catch up on 600 posts. Can a couple of people please summarize what's happened?

Palmar mafia, palmar maybe not mafia. Jat and Trfel maybe mafia

Marv looking sexy in Speedos
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:59 GMT
#2558
On March 06 2024 08:56 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

I sort of agree with you about Trfel tbh.


Lynch Jat with me then.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 06 2024 00:00 GMT
#2559
On March 06 2024 08:59 Vivax wrote:
Not gonna lie Palmar might have just called out all the mafia in the top part of his post.
Good job team.


I think rels is town when he posts.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 06 2024 00:00 GMT
#2560
On March 06 2024 08:59 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:55 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:36 DarthPunk wrote:
BTW, why does JAT need to wait for marv's permission to vote trfel to save himself, seems really fucking off to me.

Is Jat the kind of player who sucks up to marv.

A million percent he is.


ew.

Maybe. But he is. I know you could find games in DB if you went looking

He might do it as Both alignments but I only remember as town. Just NAI probably
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1395
910 88
Bale 41
Aegong 24
ZergMaN 20
Noble 14
yabsab 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Fuzer 80
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King270
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
Other Games
summit1g8851
PiGStarcraft389
ceh9368
Sick160
Happy156
olofmeister116
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream263
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2338
League of Legends
• Rush1382
• Lourlo1252
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 50m
OSC
5h 50m
Stellar Fest
5h 50m
OSC
16h 50m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.