• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8651 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 127

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 555 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:31 GMT
#2521
On March 06 2024 08:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I am a god, both my lynch candidates are on the line :D


Careful now everyone here thinks alike and could be jealous
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:32 GMT
#2522
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?

On March 06 2024 08:25 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?


This.

Can I have a link to that mythical post?
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 23:32 GMT
#2523
Trifle has gotten 4 votes in 5 minutes. and most of those who were on JAT were on Triffle before. Interesting I'm curious how this will look post lynch.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 23:33 GMT
#2524
rayn is probably in copcake's arms, being cradled and sniffling at this outcome
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:34 GMT
#2525
On March 06 2024 08:32 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Trifle has gotten 4 votes in 5 minutes. and most of those who were on JAT were on Triffle before. Interesting I'm curious how this will look post lynch.


Trifle wagon is easier, and his play is scummy. nothing more to it IMO.

Mafia are probably bussing or absent at this point, going against these pushes would stand out like a sore thumb.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 05 2024 23:34 GMT
#2526
Oh man. Just search for tfrel in my filter and you will read all the things why he is mafia.

oof if he flips mafia I will have to vote rayn next. It's all in my filter.
I had a good night of sleep.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:34 GMT
#2527
On March 06 2024 08:32 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?

Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:25 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?


This.

Can I have a link to that mythical post?


Its the last post in his filter.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 05 2024 23:35 GMT
#2528
This makes me happy
I had a good night of sleep.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 23:35 GMT
#2529
On March 06 2024 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:32 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Trifle has gotten 4 votes in 5 minutes. and most of those who were on JAT were on Triffle before. Interesting I'm curious how this will look post lynch.


Trifle wagon is easier, and his play is scummy. nothing more to it IMO.

Mafia are probably bussing or absent at this point, going against these pushes would stand out like a sore thumb.


Hmm that's the optimistic outlook. Eitherway glad we did all this vote switching. Should be helpful day 2
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:36 GMT
#2530
BTW, why does JAT need to wait for marv's permission to vote trfel to save himself, seems really fucking off to me.

Is Jat the kind of player who sucks up to marv.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:36 GMT
#2531
It's possible he is just stubborn and doesn't like being bullied I guess.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:37 GMT
#2532
On March 06 2024 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:32 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?

On March 06 2024 08:25 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?


This.

Can I have a link to that mythical post?


Its the last post in his filter.

This?
On March 06 2024 06:33 Trfel wrote:
My apologies, I don't have time to play today. I'll try and catch up later tonight or tomorrow.

Voting for Vivax and Palmar, I don't particularly know why, I'll try and check in to see if I need to switch votes. If I get lynched so be it.

DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:37 GMT
#2533
On March 06 2024 08:37 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:32 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?

On March 06 2024 08:25 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:24 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:22 marvellosity wrote:
Vote Trfel JAT

Same question for Trfel, any case? I liked what I saw from him at the beginning of the game

how can you ignore the vote post?


This.

Can I have a link to that mythical post?


Its the last post in his filter.

This?
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 06:33 Trfel wrote:
My apologies, I don't have time to play today. I'll try and catch up later tonight or tomorrow.

Voting for Vivax and Palmar, I don't particularly know why, I'll try and check in to see if I need to switch votes. If I get lynched so be it.



yep.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:38 GMT
#2534
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:39 GMT
#2535
Btw marv backing off means I retract the 100% scum when I flip town thing. I saw the mafia greedily considering a NK on me to make marv look bad and I successfully protected town from their machinations.

Doesn't make marv town, just not lock scum.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 05 2024 23:43 GMT
#2536
This is just random and for post-game purposes.

We actually have like 4 objectively correct lynches (that is correct from a "how to play mafia" perspective).

1) Vivax - All day 1 claimers should be policy lynched without question
2) TTS - Complete inactivity
3) Hapa - replacement and demotivation is something that happens much more often as mafia
4) Trfel - He literally is voting without having any clue why

But for various reasons I'm not really pushing any of those lynches. Guess I'm bad.
Computer says mafia
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 05 2024 23:45 GMT
#2537
On March 06 2024 08:43 Palmar wrote:
This is just random and for post-game purposes.

We actually have like 4 objectively correct lynches (that is correct from a "how to play mafia" perspective).

1) Vivax - All day 1 claimers should be policy lynched without question
2) TTS - Complete inactivity
3) Hapa - replacement and demotivation is something that happens much more often as mafia
4) Trfel - He literally is voting without having any clue why

But for various reasons I'm not really pushing any of those lynches. Guess I'm bad.


Technically 5 with The slam claim but somehow we're all collectively forgetting it happened at seperate times.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:45 GMT
#2538
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:46 GMT
#2539
On March 05 2024 21:30 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:13 sandroba wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:58 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:54 sandroba wrote:
I feel like it's harder to argue against vivax mayor as mafia. Rels and palmar both entered the thread with that mindset. Pretty much ignored most of what happened for most of the thread but making sure they say what they were supposed to say as town about the vivax claim as soon as possible.
There are obviously town reasons to mayor vivax, but there is some reluctance I expect from townies. I think the over-eagerness to jump on the vivax train right away points to mafia.


Hard disagree. I find people who just accept it for what it is and make the correct play in regards to him is townie.

The scummy thing is talking around in circles about how shit vivax’s claim was, that he might not be town or if he is he is not confirmed

It’s a huge waste of time and shits up the thread and is also incredibly easy content to fake.

I found palmars approach to the situation very townie for example

Are you still lock town on trfel btw?

Didn't see much of people saying he might not be town. Shitting up the thread discussing the claim being bad I agree, CopCake is the main person I saw driving the discussion back to that.
I think saying he is prob town and prob not the best mayor, at least initially is the reaction I would expect from townies. Remember, even though scum might not want something, it's hard to actually push something when you think it would be obvious anti-town. Scum wants to hide and push things in a subtle way.
Not locked town on trfel since he hasn't been very active, but wouldn't lynch him d1 in a million years. What he has posted so far after the initial setup-focused posts looked super townie to me.

I really really really don't see that.
Last game I was so sure he was town.
What is he doing here? Everytime he gets pressured he moves away from it. Slam asks him about Oats. He gives a good answer but it lacks conviction. It looks way more as a mafia seeing Town!Oats be inquisitive than a townie figuring out Town!Oats is inquisitive.
Slam then pressures on and while replying to somebody else he @slam and disengages with him.

This can't be the same Tfrel as last game? You went 4 days with him. Under pressure by marv/DP/rayn iirc. This looks the same to you? I should follow your lead on him but it seems impossible.

The posts that made me think Trfel was townie at the beginning of the game, he showed some conviction:
On March 04 2024 13:19 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:11 DarthPunk wrote:
MZ could be mafia here.

That associative push with me/vivax is really out there. And usually I am the one defending him from being misylnched by all the bads.
Sorry I keep doing this, but why do you think that makes Meapak_Ziphh mafia? I don't see why that reasoning is more likely to come from mafia, if anything I think it's the opposite.

On March 04 2024 13:20 Trfel wrote:
I'm actually going to double down and say that I think Meapak_Ziphh is town. Thus, I'm very surprised that he seems to be your top scumread, DarthPunk.

Looking at the Slam question on Oats, it's this right?
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

On March 05 2024 04:47 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:38 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

Caring about what exactly?

Because if he cares to find actual scum, this pursuit of perfection doesn't seem to be a surefire way to me.

He was not far from lynching our cop, for example, for being a bit logically inconsistent- in Oatsmaster's mind.

I think Oats may suffer from some difficulty with theory of mind if he is town here, which I could relate to. In which case I would go right back from a growing SR to a TR.
I'm not confident enough in my read to be interested in defending Oatsmaster here, it's just the impression I got from his posts, which could be wrong. I will say though that whether or not his play is helpful doesn't matter as much as whether or not he truly thinks it is helpful.

I guess it's pretty weak conviction yeah. Don't think it's enough by itself to make him scumread him, let alone be my preferred lynch right now.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 05 2024 23:46 GMT
#2540
I need to work out the vote count.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1333
ComeBackTV 502
SteadfastSC431
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2280
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex140
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
LamboSC2 290
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech141
Rex 140
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 29
Bale 29
Mong 26
Yoon 24
Aegong 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8785
Dendi949
qojqva762
Fuzer 167
420jenkins134
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1967
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 177
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX177
ArmadaUGS136
QueenE107
Mew2King98
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2793
• Jankos2358
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 18m
Stellar Fest
22h 18m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.