• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:49
CEST 00:49
KST 07:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12290 users

Chezinu streak(s) Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 02:02 GMT
#574
On August 31 2022 10:59 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 10:51 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 10:50 Rels wrote:
On August 31 2022 10:49 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 10:46 Rels wrote:
I'm very sorry, also while rereading the exchange I still don't like your posts. I really don't like how it seems that you want to grab an easy win while fearing to be too obvious

What do you think i was trying to win?

Something like, the justification for an easy scumread / vote

And yet I didn't do that, so it doesn't make sense that that was my intention.

I disagree that this proves anything. For example, it would make that you changed your mind since you apparently didn't really know how to handle Dandel. Not saying that's a proof, just a counter example.

So what about it seems like i'm trying to get a win?
I already explained why i wanted him to vote for me. Like 3 times. I was also pushing a bit because i felt there was a contradiction there, but I never tried to scumread him for it.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 02:11 GMT
#575
On August 31 2022 11:01 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 10:58 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 10:56 Rels wrote:
What changed between those 2 posts? In the first, you're saying rayn was literally talking about mafia RB, and in the second, you have the correct interpretation of events.
On August 30 2022 04:23 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:22 Holyflare wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:21 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:16 deconduo wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:15 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:12 deconduo wrote:
Anyone who's posts I like always turns out to be mafia

The question is, if you've noticed this pattern before, didn't you just vote for the people whose posts you liked?
How did it go?


Don't remember, its been years

Fair enough.

On August 30 2022 04:17 deconduo wrote:
My old rule was always vote Palmar day 1

Oh its ok the rule is vote palmar day 1 or if he's not there vote holyflare.

On August 30 2022 04:17 Holyflare wrote:
Wait where did Rayn clarify his post? I don't think the typo changes the question lol.

His post makes sense after the clarification. It didn't before, I assume that why you posted 'what?'.


Why does saying this game has a rber that doesn't rb make any sense? Can't find anything about it in the OP.

I think he's saying that he's ok with it if it happens.

On August 30 2022 19:43 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 09:40 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
There was so much discussion of this quote:
On August 30 2022 03:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Alright. This i am okay with there being mafia rb that doesnt actually rb

For my own clarity rayn, this was the section of the OP that made you make this comment right?
Mafia roleblocker has precedence. If mafia roleblocker and jailkeeper target each other the jailkeeper's action will not be counted.

It was in reference to a previous game, not the OP. Anyway, I agree, far too much discussion of that post.



The two are not mutually exclusive. Think about it. He was referencing a previous game, while saying that in this game, he would be fine with the mafia rb not rbing.

meh

There's no meh about it buddy. That's just what rayn said, and its what rayn meant, and rayn himself confirmed it pal.
The fact that his purpose for posting it was to do with vivax doesn't change the inherent meaning of the post itself guy.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 02:27 GMT
#580
Well it wasn't really about the humour. I was trying to get something useful out of him, and although you are right and he wasn't really playing along, i thought maybe if push a bit he would say something that might be useful either now or later.
I also get frustrated when i have genuine questions and they are met with nonchalance or dismissive comments. This can lead to arguments going on too long. I often get accused of this type of thing. In fact, another example of this is about 3 posts up from this
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 02:29 GMT
#581
On August 31 2022 11:24 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 19:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 03:04 deconduo wrote:
So we are definitely lynching Chezinu D1 right?

Deconduo's first post.
I'm calling it now.
If one of decon or chezinu is mafia, the other is too.
Like obviously we're never lynching chezinu on day one and posting this is a good way to get some suspicion on anyone who agrees with him and tries to lynch chez.
Also, it might just be a joke post, but even if it is, i think its possible to make this connection from it.

Serious question to decon:

Can you go back through your posts, there's been plenty of them, and tell us which ones we can take seriously, except for the posts you make telling us not to take other posts seriously?
Because it seems to me like every time you post something and someone comments on it, its either a joke post, or you didn't actually mean what you were saying, or its tongue in cheek.
If you don't put your tongue back in its natural position sometime soon you're at a terrible risk of it getting stuck in your cheek.

This it it right for dec?

Pretty much.
There wasn't much to say at the time because all of his posts turned out to be jokes as soon as anyone questioned them.
So that's all there is to analyse, and it looks pretty scummy to me.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 02:32 GMT
#582
Rels why is vivax a good vig target in your opinion, but apparently a bad lynch target as you won't vote for him?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 02:39 GMT
#585
On August 31 2022 11:37 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 11:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
Rels why is vivax a good vig target in your opinion, but apparently a bad lynch target as you won't vote for him?

I think his flip will be random given what he has posted. He just hasn't started playing. I also think scum!Vivax is pretty easy to catch when given time, town!Vivax is pretty tryhard when he gets starting. In a way scum!Vivax is not able to replicate in my recollection, or at least not during multiple days.

To be clear, I'll vote for him over a lot of other people if I had to vote right now. But we still have time before deadline, and I would prefer Slam.

Ok so,
If Vivax's flip would be random, and you'd vote for him over a lot of other people, that means you read a lot of people as better than random chance of flipping town.
Which people?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 03:00 GMT
#589
On August 31 2022 11:53 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 11:39 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:37 Rels wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:32 Jockmcplop wrote:
Rels why is vivax a good vig target in your opinion, but apparently a bad lynch target as you won't vote for him?

I think his flip will be random given what he has posted. He just hasn't started playing. I also think scum!Vivax is pretty easy to catch when given time, town!Vivax is pretty tryhard when he gets starting. In a way scum!Vivax is not able to replicate in my recollection, or at least not during multiple days.

To be clear, I'll vote for him over a lot of other people if I had to vote right now. But we still have time before deadline, and I would prefer Slam.

Ok so,
If Vivax's flip would be random, and you'd vote for him over a lot of other people, that means you read a lot of people as better than random chance of flipping town.
Which people?

rayn is town. Like, 101% town, it's cheating because it's too easy. I know him very well. Him being frustrated at me and wanting to be modkilled I was not playing when I pushed him to play is extremely real, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't play that card if he was scum as it would be cheating in his mind. There are other stuff, but that's the cheating part. (other stuff: his plan at beginning felt very rayn-like, could have been faked, but the setup wasn't there when I checked when I confirmed 24 hours before the game, so he woulldn't have known there was a possible mafia RB)

Koshi is town. Like, 95% town. His opening spray of posts are perfect Koshi, seeing a weird stuff that might make sense, and then jumping from there, sometimes changing his mind ... Koshi is pretty easy to catch as scum I think because he just ... doesn't do that lol.

Then the maybe towns:

CopCake, the post I highlighted earlier is pretty townie, and what she was being pushed for by Koshi might actually make sense.

MZ, I really liked his opening posts basically. Let me see why. Oh yeah, entering the thread with 3 straight scumreads and no townreads. Didn't feel like MZ entered the thread trying to blend in or being townread by the rest of the town. This needs a meta check to stand.

HF, pretty good posts overall, and in particular pretty good case on Slam, highlighting the post I hate the most in the game so far.


OK
I've a fairly good idea of where you're at.

I would say, however, that I've played with rayn as scum before and he's done exactly this kind of thing (getting upset and threatening to leave the game) on day 1, which in my eyes at least throws a bit of doubt on your reason for townreading him.
I don't have a solid read on rayn yet, but i think its worth pointing out.
I shall try and go and find this previous game i'm talking about, but my memory is sieve like so it might take me a while.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 03:09 GMT
#592
Meh rels i can't find the game i was thinking of and its 4am here so i'm going to bed. If you want me to post it tomorrow just leave a note here and i will find it.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:04 GMT
#647
On August 31 2022 20:03 Dandel Ion wrote:
Rels is keeping his options open and not in a good way
##Vote: Rels
it's real now

I could see this being true, for sure.
He's doubling down on weird things, repeating stuff others have said, and being pretty ambiguous about much of the other stuff.
In fact, I'm adding rels to my vote list.

Our chat last night really went nowhere. He didn't even try to get any new information out of me even though he was questioning me about all of his concerns and ended up still at the same point he was before he asked the questions.
I'm like I was answering all his questions without being evasive or arguing, why can't he use that to progress his reads, or the game somehow. Instead he's still stuck on rayn's very first post which generated nothing useful? I don't buy it to be honest, and nothing has really changed at all from that interaction, except for i now scumread rels.


RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:24 GMT
#651
I'm getting a tinfoil about rels and decon. They're both in my mafia list anyway, but the way they read each other is weird.

Rels reading decon:
On August 31 2022 11:40 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 11:29 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:24 Rels wrote:
On August 30 2022 19:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 03:04 deconduo wrote:
So we are definitely lynching Chezinu D1 right?

Deconduo's first post.
I'm calling it now.
If one of decon or chezinu is mafia, the other is too.
Like obviously we're never lynching chezinu on day one and posting this is a good way to get some suspicion on anyone who agrees with him and tries to lynch chez.
Also, it might just be a joke post, but even if it is, i think its possible to make this connection from it.

Serious question to decon:

Can you go back through your posts, there's been plenty of them, and tell us which ones we can take seriously, except for the posts you make telling us not to take other posts seriously?
Because it seems to me like every time you post something and someone comments on it, its either a joke post, or you didn't actually mean what you were saying, or its tongue in cheek.
If you don't put your tongue back in its natural position sometime soon you're at a terrible risk of it getting stuck in your cheek.

This it it right for dec?

Pretty much.
There wasn't much to say at the time because all of his posts turned out to be jokes as soon as anyone questioned them.
So that's all there is to analyse, and it looks pretty scummy to me.

I see what you mean reading his filter in isolation. Not a lot of substance. But while reading the actual game, I thought his interactions were pretty natural.


He accepts that the reason i read him as scum is both true and valid, but then counters with 'but it looks natural'.

That's a very weak way to counter the points made against decon.

Of course, I'm open to the possibility that this is just rels hedging and not necessarily a link that makes them both mafia.

On August 31 2022 04:36 deconduo wrote:
Matt will either appear or be killed off at this point so

##Vote: Rels for now, posting just enough to not get modkilled


All rels has to do is turn up and post some, which he promptly does.
Then decon quickly unvotes him without further participation.

On August 31 2022 19:48 deconduo wrote:
Rels is alive, that's good.

##: Unvote


The whole thing looks mutually weird.

-----

I know this isn't some massive case but its not just me, right?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:32 GMT
#653
On August 30 2022 23:06 deconduo wrote:
We're allowed to unvote and switch votes right? Don't see anything about it in the OP


Saying this before voting for rels adds a further layer of tinfoil to my hat.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:37 GMT
#654
More decon

There's zero attempt to progress his reads throughout the day.
He's doing alot of fighting against rayn's posts about him, but it hasn't seemed to arouse any suspicion that rayn might be mafia, even though he claims rayn's entire case on him was meta from 8 years ago.
Given that rayn is a good town player, that would at least make me suspicious if i was decon.
But all I get from his filter is that he's interested in both MZ and holyflare without actually attempting to go any further than that.

##Unvote: Vivax
##Vote: Deconduo


For someone who has posted a fair amount, there's a startling lack of actual content.

Read his filter. Tell me I'm wrong.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:38 GMT
#655
Also koshi has made a fairly convincing case for letting vivax live for now.
I am also giving rels some credit for that too, hence the vote for decon.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:46 GMT
#658
On August 31 2022 21:45 Dandel Ion wrote:
Rels is mafia and as a tight little bonus i'm pretty sure that if he flips red decon is the next scum.


MY MAN
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:47 GMT
#661
Oh this is good news.
DI you are my tip top town right now. That was some mind meld. I didn't even know you were around lol.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:49 GMT
#663
On August 31 2022 21:47 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 21:37 Jockmcplop wrote:

He's doing alot of fighting against rayn's posts about him, but it hasn't seemed to arouse any suspicion that rayn might be mafia, even though he claims rayn's entire case on him was meta from 8 years ago.
Given that rayn is a good town player, that would at least make me suspicious if i was decon.


Rayn reads like a tunnel vision townie rather than scum, someone who has (wrongly) made their mind up and won't change it. I've seen nothing to suggest Rayn is a good town player so far this game. There was an inkling when they went to the effort of reading my old games, but again it was pointless because it's clear there was only one going to be outcome when tunneled. I don't see scum purposefully trying to build a bad case, everything points to dumb town.

Good town players don't whine and throw tantrums and ask to be modkilled either.


Hmm...
I suppose this carries weight because Decon doesn't play much, but rayn is a good scumhunter, so it depends whether they have played together alot in the past.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:50 GMT
#665
On August 31 2022 21:49 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 21:47 deconduo wrote:
On August 31 2022 21:37 Jockmcplop wrote:

He's doing alot of fighting against rayn's posts about him, but it hasn't seemed to arouse any suspicion that rayn might be mafia, even though he claims rayn's entire case on him was meta from 8 years ago.
Given that rayn is a good town player, that would at least make me suspicious if i was decon.


Rayn reads like a tunnel vision townie rather than scum, someone who has (wrongly) made their mind up and won't change it. I've seen nothing to suggest Rayn is a good town player so far this game. There was an inkling when they went to the effort of reading my old games, but again it was pointless because it's clear there was only one going to be outcome when tunneled. I don't see scum purposefully trying to build a bad case, everything points to dumb town.

Good town players don't whine and throw tantrums and ask to be modkilled either.


Hmm...
I suppose this carries weight because Decon doesn't play much, but rayn is a good scumhunter, so it depends whether they have played together alot in the past.


Shit i thought your post came from DI, misread the name at the top.

Don't argue against my case, friend, go find scum. Its the only thing that will change my mind about you.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:51 GMT
#667
On August 31 2022 21:47 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 21:37 Jockmcplop wrote:
More decon

There's zero attempt to progress his reads throughout the day.
He's doing alot of fighting against rayn's posts about him, but it hasn't seemed to arouse any suspicion that rayn might be mafia, even though he claims rayn's entire case on him was meta from 8 years ago.
Given that rayn is a good town player, that would at least make me suspicious if i was decon.
But all I get from his filter is that he's interested in both MZ and holyflare without actually attempting to go any further than that.

##Unvote: Vivax
##Vote: Deconduo


For someone who has posted a fair amount, there's a startling lack of actual content.

Read his filter. Tell me I'm wrong.

done too much reading already, want rels first


Go for it, I can change vote later if no-one is biting on the decon vote. I'm around until EoD anyway.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 12:57 GMT
#672
On August 31 2022 21:53 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 21:24 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm getting a tinfoil about rels and decon. They're both in my mafia list anyway, but the way they read each other is weird.

Rels reading decon:
On August 31 2022 11:40 Rels wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:29 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:24 Rels wrote:
On August 30 2022 19:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 03:04 deconduo wrote:
So we are definitely lynching Chezinu D1 right?

Deconduo's first post.
I'm calling it now.
If one of decon or chezinu is mafia, the other is too.
Like obviously we're never lynching chezinu on day one and posting this is a good way to get some suspicion on anyone who agrees with him and tries to lynch chez.
Also, it might just be a joke post, but even if it is, i think its possible to make this connection from it.

Serious question to decon:

Can you go back through your posts, there's been plenty of them, and tell us which ones we can take seriously, except for the posts you make telling us not to take other posts seriously?
Because it seems to me like every time you post something and someone comments on it, its either a joke post, or you didn't actually mean what you were saying, or its tongue in cheek.
If you don't put your tongue back in its natural position sometime soon you're at a terrible risk of it getting stuck in your cheek.

This it it right for dec?

Pretty much.
There wasn't much to say at the time because all of his posts turned out to be jokes as soon as anyone questioned them.
So that's all there is to analyse, and it looks pretty scummy to me.

I see what you mean reading his filter in isolation. Not a lot of substance. But while reading the actual game, I thought his interactions were pretty natural.


He accepts that the reason i read him as scum is both true and valid, but then counters with 'but it looks natural'.

That's a very weak way to counter the points made against decon.

Of course, I'm open to the possibility that this is just rels hedging and not necessarily a link that makes them both mafia.

On August 31 2022 04:36 deconduo wrote:
Matt will either appear or be killed off at this point so

##Vote: Rels for now, posting just enough to not get modkilled


All rels has to do is turn up and post some, which he promptly does.
Then decon quickly unvotes him without further participation.

On August 31 2022 19:48 deconduo wrote:
Rels is alive, that's good.

##: Unvote


The whole thing looks mutually weird.

-----

I know this isn't some massive case but its not just me, right?


Rels had made 3 posts and everyone else (except Chez) was contributing. -> Pressure vote on

Rels made 2 pages of posts -> pressure vote off

Not really much more to it


Like I said before, don't argue against my case, go find scum. If you think my case is weak, maybe i'm scum, so figure out why and tell us.
So far you haven't done any of this.

A pressure vote is only good if it leads somewhere.

Let me ask you something, was rels simply posting alot of words enough for you to remove your vote, or was it something that he actually said that suggests to you he isn't mafia?

Because if he is mafia, telling him that you are voting for him because he hasn't posted much and then immediately removing your votes from him when he posts more words isn't a great way to put pressure on someone.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10011 Posts
August 31 2022 13:18 GMT
#680
On August 31 2022 22:14 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 22:09 CopCake wrote:
On August 31 2022 22:05 deconduo wrote:
On August 31 2022 22:04 CopCake wrote:
On August 31 2022 21:57 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 21:53 deconduo wrote:
On August 31 2022 21:24 Jockmcplop wrote:
I'm getting a tinfoil about rels and decon. They're both in my mafia list anyway, but the way they read each other is weird.

Rels reading decon:
On August 31 2022 11:40 Rels wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:29 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 31 2022 11:24 Rels wrote:
[quote]
This it it right for dec?

Pretty much.
There wasn't much to say at the time because all of his posts turned out to be jokes as soon as anyone questioned them.
So that's all there is to analyse, and it looks pretty scummy to me.

I see what you mean reading his filter in isolation. Not a lot of substance. But while reading the actual game, I thought his interactions were pretty natural.


He accepts that the reason i read him as scum is both true and valid, but then counters with 'but it looks natural'.

That's a very weak way to counter the points made against decon.

Of course, I'm open to the possibility that this is just rels hedging and not necessarily a link that makes them both mafia.

On August 31 2022 04:36 deconduo wrote:
Matt will either appear or be killed off at this point so

##Vote: Rels for now, posting just enough to not get modkilled


All rels has to do is turn up and post some, which he promptly does.
Then decon quickly unvotes him without further participation.

On August 31 2022 19:48 deconduo wrote:
Rels is alive, that's good.

##: Unvote


The whole thing looks mutually weird.

-----

I know this isn't some massive case but its not just me, right?


Rels had made 3 posts and everyone else (except Chez) was contributing. -> Pressure vote on

Rels made 2 pages of posts -> pressure vote off

Not really much more to it


Like I said before, don't argue against my case, go find scum. If you think my case is weak, maybe i'm scum, so figure out why and tell us.
So far you haven't done any of this.

A pressure vote is only good if it leads somewhere.

Let me ask you something, was rels simply posting alot of words enough for you to remove your vote, or was it something that he actually said that suggests to you he isn't mafia?

Because if he is mafia, telling him that you are voting for him because he hasn't posted much and then immediately removing your votes from him when he posts more words isn't a great way to put pressure on someone.


This is top tier town.


I dunno, feels a bit forced/tryhard? Maybe its just me


The mindset is pretty townie. He is sure about you but gives space for you to hunt mafia.
If he is wrong, then he is wrong, we all make mistakes as town.



'Here is a case against you - but no no you can't respond to all the faults in it. Go hunt scum'

It's protecting himself against any criticism against holes in the case, and either:
- I don't find scum and he pushes a lynch while sitting back happy
- I find scum - he takes credit for 'forcing me to go hunt'

Very convenient.


Nah anyone can criticize my post, it just doesn't carry much weight coming from you
As for:
- I don't find scum and he pushes a lynch while sitting back happy
- I find scum - he takes credit for 'forcing me to go hunt'

This is pretty much correct.
I'm perfectly happy with my case on you, i think its as good as its going to get on day 1, so unless you change my mind by doing something townie looking, i'm perfectly happy to sit here with my vote on you (unless no-one else goes for it, in which case i switch to rels later).
Although i'm not that interested in credit for forcing you to scumhunt, it'd just be nice to see you trying to help win the game for town.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11149
Artosis 442
White-Ra 192
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift5305
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4422
Other Games
summit1g8216
FrodaN2611
Liquid`RaSZi2001
C9.Mang0358
ToD195
Livibee193
Pyrionflax124
Maynarde64
Mew2King54
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1104
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 135
• musti20045 35
• HeavenSC 32
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Sammyuel 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1469
• Shiphtur643
• Scarra497
Upcoming Events
OSC
11m
Replay Cast
11m
OSC
13h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.