• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10678 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 82 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 21:38 GMT
#241
On November 25 2020 06:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Out of curiosity Rayn, what is my motive or incentive as mafia to not run for Mayor, if I am a "natural" mayoral candidate?

idk, maybe to be less of "town leader" as you said, sit in the sidelines more and justify not being shot.

i dont know why mafia does stupid stuff. you do those as well as anyone else does


Let's assume that I am mafia-hapa, trying to live a lazy-scum-life and therefore avoiding the limelight. Would it still not be a good strategy for me to be elected mayor? I would have quite a nice excuse for being alive later in the game.

But you'd have to lead. Which you as per your own words do not want to do.
Lynch kills you regardless of bodyguard.
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 24 2020 21:38 GMT
#242
I voted Trfel as mayor for now. I like his posting style this game. He seems very pro town to me. Only mafia would self vote.

*eyes slam*
Life?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 21:38 GMT
#243
Fair enough. I'd like to see what you think about the trfel/grack stuffs.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 21:39 GMT
#244
I dont really know what you want from me here?

Do you like think it's scummy for me to think there is something wrong with best town player in the game not wanting to be mayor?
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 24 2020 21:40 GMT
#245
On November 25 2020 06:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont really know what you want from me here?

Do you like think it's scummy for me to think there is something wrong with best town player in the game not wanting to be mayor?


I think I’m the best town player
Life?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 21:40 GMT
#246
On November 25 2020 06:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Out of curiosity Rayn, what is my motive or incentive as mafia to not run for Mayor, if I am a "natural" mayoral candidate?

idk, maybe to be less of "town leader" as you said, sit in the sidelines more and justify not being shot.

i dont know why mafia does stupid stuff. you do those as well as anyone else does


Let's assume that I am mafia-hapa, trying to live a lazy-scum-life and therefore avoiding the limelight. Would it still not be a good strategy for me to be elected mayor? I would have quite a nice excuse for being alive later in the game.

But you'd have to lead. Which you as per your own words do not want to do.
Lynch kills you regardless of bodyguard.


If I get elected mayor and subsequently lynched on day 3 (as mafia), that's a lot better than getting lazy and getting lynched on day 3 as not-mayor.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 21:41 GMT
#247
On November 25 2020 06:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont really know what you want from me here?

Do you like think it's scummy for me to think there is something wrong with best town player in the game not wanting to be mayor?


Not really, I'm exploring the logic. How you think about problems influences my read on you. In an ideal world, I'd like to have you as mayor if I believe you are town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 21:43 GMT
#248
On November 25 2020 06:38 Hapahauli wrote:
Fair enough. I'd like to see what you think about the trfel/grack stuffs.

I think Grack comes off really townie from that exchange. I dont think there is anything scummy per se for Trfel either, maybe he is actually "worse" of a nitpicker than i am since i dont even understand his original shit -- or like i get it but i dont really see how it would make Grack anything and it feels like every other post he wants to call Grack mafia and then he says not really :D
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 21:44 GMT
#249
Oh for the record there is no way in hell Vivax is mafia this game.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 21:45 GMT
#250
Or Jock most likely either. This is how my reads come i assume lol ^^
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 21:51 GMT
#251
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.

table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 21:56 GMT
#252
Can you elaborate on Vivax / Grack?

My sense of Grack was that he was "softing" his suspicions on Trfel while "puffing out his chest". That type of "bravado" tends to come from mafia in my experience.

Regarding Vivax, I can understand how some of the standoffishness and "grouchyness" are town-tells. What brings your confidence interval to "no way in hell Vivax is mafia this game"?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 24 2020 21:59 GMT
#253
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.



Why is your first choice to always think I’m mafia
Life?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 22:08 GMT
#254
I think Vivax is actually reading the game and making at least vivax!reasonable points. I think he is like my nemesis when we are both town (lol), he will probably call me mafia like 100 times this game and i think his conspiracy theories can even ruin the game for the town at times.... But anyways i think there has been like one game pretty much EVER when i have not been able to determine Vivax as mafia -- and very early -- when he has been mafia. He can post stupid ass shit, he can not even make any sense at all but the no matter if the game is 10 pages or 100 pages mafia!Vivax doesn't care to read the thread at all with any insight, period. Pretty much it was the post i asked him about, the Slam thing about Slam trying to make friends with you Hapa. I think it is too convoluted read to make if you are Vivax and play as mafia as Vivax plays as mafia. That's pretty much it, there are some other minor points like him getting and WILLFULLY getting into an argument with you, but the main point is that he is genuinely reading the game more than mafia!Vivax would.

I dont really get what you are saying about Grack? I think Grack is a tricky and a smart player but i dont really think he is trying to make anything out of nothing here?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 22:16 GMT
#255
On November 25 2020 06:59 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.



Why is your first choice to always think I’m mafia

Maybe because i am mafia?

No for real, it is mostly poe for me for you at the moment. Maybe it is because of your situation rl, maybe it is because you are mafia. I don't know so please help me in case you are not. I know you dont tend to make/have reads early on. Has that changed after last game?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 22:21 GMT
#256
On November 25 2020 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont really get what you are saying about Grack? I think Grack is a tricky and a smart player but i dont really think he is trying to make anything out of nothing here?

If there is anything that bothers me about Grack it is that i dont get how he has a townread on Hapa. "making reads" isn't really a town thing in itself.
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 24 2020 22:22 GMT
#257
On November 25 2020 06:28 ShoCkeyy wrote:
My concern is in his running post for mayor state this:

As your Mayor I pledge to CRUSH the "opposition“

He stated opposition instead of just stating mafia, which is the towns opposition. His opposition here could be town.



Rayn this is basically my reasoning on why I don’t think Grack is a town player this game.
Life?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 24 2020 22:23 GMT
#258
If Grack were to become mayor as mafia, he would literally crush the town, not the other way around since it’s still a 10% chance of hitting the right player.
Life?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 24 2020 22:26 GMT
#259
I am sorry i dont trust your reasoning
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 24 2020 22:31 GMT
#260
On November 25 2020 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
...

I dont really get what you are saying about Grack? I think Grack is a tricky and a smart player but i dont really think he is trying to make anything out of nothing here?


Regarding Grack, it is possible that I am making something of nothing. All early-game cases have a good amount of guesswork. This game especially - there seems to be no player that is actively pushing the pace of the game along, and we frankly don't have much to go on.

Anywho, my suspicions on Grack are something that I see reasonably often come from mafia. I wouldn't call my "confidence interval" on it super high (there's only so much accuracy to have in a 10-page game), but it's really the best I can go on at this point.

With Grack, his play can be summed up as such:
1) A fairly substanceless mayoral "campaign";
2) An interaction with Trfel in which he seems to soft-call Trfel mafia without directly saying so: https://tl.net/forum/mafia/565699-a-mostly-normal-game-of-mafia?page=9#175 (for example, him saying that Trfel wants to "dig himself out of a hole" is very difficult to construct as anything other than throwing suspicion at him)
3) A town-read on me with some... questionable logic...

... and that's the best I can go on at this point with 10 pages. And I'd rather talk about and attempt to find reasons that people are mafia rather than PoE my way into lynching lurkers. We may very will lynch a lurker, but I do not believe that is a good foundation of discussion.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 110
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6289
Counter-Strike
fl0m1502
olofmeister1063
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
gofns58594
singsing1802
B2W.Neo527
dupreeh358
crisheroes281
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2241
Other Games
• WagamamaTV149
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 20m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 20m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.