• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:05
CEST 05:05
KST 12:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9478 users

[N][M]Noir Mini Mafia - Ch. 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
July 31 2020 19:13 GMT
#22
/in

Thank you for hosting o/
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 09 2020 14:42 GMT
#94
Yo I'm back from camping. Don't know if I have the energy to contribute much atm but we'll see.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 09 2020 15:15 GMT
#97
On August 09 2020 23:46 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 23:42 Vivax wrote:
Yo I'm back from camping. Don't know if I have the energy to contribute much atm but we'll see.

Yo Vivax how you been? Any current thoughts on the game if you happened to had read the game at this point?


On August 09 2020 23:26 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 23:25 LightningStrike wrote:
Just got back from the store:
On August 09 2020 22:50 Eywa- wrote:
HoldenGolden, I'm not familiar with the flavor, are you softing doc?

This is so scummy...
\##Vote: Ewya-
On August 09 2020 23:16 HoldenGolden wrote:
No I was only talking about shockey. I asked only about trfel because you inferred that he tends to have good openings.

I'll let it rest on the back burner for now though.

Eywa I'm disappointed. I'm softing godfather. No it's just Noir style lingo since the game is named after the genre.

That said, if you think I'm softing a PR role, why would you ask me directly lol?

fair play on that and very good question and I think he is likely mafia for that question to you.

You're town, unvote me.


This seems townie, holden feels townie too. Not much else. I've been well but I'm rekt today.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 12:00 GMT
#152
On August 10 2020 08:17 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2020 05:14 LightningStrike wrote:
Like this activity isn't good for town because mafia can easily blend into the shadows with a very afk town like this....

see if you weren't LS this would read scummy to me but I for you this seems totally normal


Why bother to post about this tho? Also seems like a NAI thing to me.

I'm a bit unhappy with the way you justified not having a read on LS. Not sure if I find it believable, you know him too, at least try. This post just looks like you did the opposite of what you said you should be doing in the previous one.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 12:03 GMT
#153
On August 10 2020 13:03 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Alright, so based off current game, I think Mr cheesecake is 100 town.

If I had to vote some one other than Vivax it would be Trfel just cause of his “I’m mafia” post. It’s really easy to claim it as mafia and get away with it D1 since most people wouldn’t want to believe it as this thread has shown.

HoldenGolden currently seems a bit forced, but I’ll give him the benefit of doubt for now.


Trfel should be null at most, I believe Holdens antics-y posts come from town. You can see he tried to style up his entrance, in a way. Sort of hard to keep up that enthusiasm as mafia for most so it's more on the town side for me.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 15:08 GMT
#168
Lo Cheesecake, regarding the Trfel read, why don't you think it's something that doesn't make sense to say as joke when it came right after this post?

On August 09 2020 11:10 HoldenGolden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 10:47 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On August 09 2020 10:28 HoldenGolden wrote:
Also I just moved today so very tired.

Is there a voting thread?


I don't see one, so many not, also confirmed townie here. Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.

Confirm mafia. EZ game. Buddy attempt plus universal greeting.

You seem like a nice guy though. I'll give you a second chance to write a better buddy attempt. I want to be razzle-dazzled. Convince me to push your agenda through a well, passionate slice of virtual red-eye steak.

Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 15:09 GMT
#169
ebwop: don't you think it's something that makes sense to say as a joke
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 18:00 GMT
#188
I can't decide who to lynch atm. As for Shockeyy I don't know what he wants from me with his pressure vote.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 19:20 GMT
#197
Soo Cheesecake wants to lynch Shockeyy. What does Shockeyy think of that?

Holden do you currently have a scumread?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 19:23 GMT
#199
On August 11 2020 04:21 Trfel wrote:
Terrible Takes by Trfel

Town Lean
LightningStrike + Show Spoiler +
Mostly a gut read, but two more reasons. First, he's made the most posts in the thread so far, which (much) more often than not makes someone town, especially in a low-activity game like this. And second, his worry about the lack of activity in the game feels genuine. It's not a very strong read, but I'd bet on it if I had to.

Mr. Cheesecake + Show Spoiler +
I still feel a bit bugged by how he played earlier in the game, but since then he's been investigating things and more importantly, he's been pushing his reads. In a low-activity game like this, there is less incentive for mafia to push reads. Despite the aforementioned things that I don't like, the rest of his play feels towny and investigative.

HoldenGolden + Show Spoiler +
While LightningStrike has provided the most posts in this game, HoldenGolden has provided the most content in this game. He's been probing and poking everyone and seems to genuinely be trying to figure out the game.


Null
GTacc
Vivax

Mafia Lean
Eywa- + Show Spoiler +
His post on HoldenGolden, sharing his suspicions of him, that later vanished into thin air. It was his most explained and serious read, and seems to have taken a decent amount of effort to read a previous game and compare. And note that later, he even mentions who he wants to lynch but can't (GTacc). If he's still scumreading HoldenGolden, why wouldn't he be in this category? Or if something changed, why not say what changed?

The only thing I can think of that caused this is in the time between these two linked posts, several people posted about either townreading HoldenGolden or not wanting to lynch HoldenGolden. It feels like once there were obstacles put in the way, Eywa- no longer wanted to lynch/cared about lynching HoldenGolden.

Why would town be like this? If anything, town would push even harder for a lynch on his "naked mafia" read. Whereas mafia is much more inclined to drop it and look for a different, easier target.

ShoCkeyy + Show Spoiler +
ShoCkeyy says he doesn't like it when people analyze and look at opening posts too deeply, and implied that he didn't like HoldenGolden looking into early game posts. But then he said he liked how Mr. Cheesecake looked into my opening post and didn't like my opening post.

Inconsistent, but not the strongest.

Fecalfeast + Show Spoiler +
Honestly this is just due to feelings. But here:
On August 10 2020 08:14 Fecalfeast wrote:
Of the three active non-LS people so far this is the order I would rank them from towniest to scummiest
eywa

cheesecake

holden

I can't read LS because I think everything he says is scummy because he doesn't really understand subtext if I remember correctly it has been a while.

Trfel pings towny to me for his early questions but honestly meh otherwise

nobody reads overly scummy to me. The only reason holden is on the bottom of my short list is because their posts seem forced and overly aggressive IMHO. I get they're an offsite player though so who know what they do over there.

vivax we will have to wait and see. I like that he found a non-obvious post to make a read on and one I also liked to boot.
This post doesn't actually say much. He puts Eywa- townier than Mr. Cheesecake and Mr. Cheesecake townier than HoldenGolden, but only relative to each other. It's super non-committal and not very useful. Four times in this short post he says something to the effect of "I could be wrong," "I'm not sure," or "we'll have to wait and see."

Feels very disengaged from the thread. Instead of driving or pushing things, he's just saying what looks good and what looks bad. It doesn't feel like he cares to find mafia, just evaluate what things look like. Nothing insightful. He's not even posting videos or showing interest in the game. Fecalfeast as town is much better than this.


I still need to figure out who I want to vote for most, but I'd definitely like to vote within these three.


They are nice takes.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 19:30 GMT
#200
On August 10 2020 13:03 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Alright, so based off current game, I think Mr cheesecake is 100 town.

If I had to vote some one other than Vivax it would be Trfel just cause of his “I’m mafia” post. It’s really easy to claim it as mafia and get away with it D1 since most people wouldn’t want to believe it as this thread has shown.

HoldenGolden currently seems a bit forced, but I’ll give him the benefit of doubt for now.


Dunno, is this a mafia post?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 19:56 GMT
#208
On August 09 2020 15:01 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 13:36 Trfel wrote:
On August 09 2020 11:56 HoldenGolden wrote:
1) he said it in the same sentence that he was answering my question about the voting thread. Therefore, it came off as if he was speaking to me still.

2) Mostly to get the ball rolling; there's no specific AI reason yet.
Thanks, that makes sense. I see now.


When people look into openings too hard, it gives me the jeebies.


Who gave you the jeebies?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 20:00 GMT
#213
On August 11 2020 04:52 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2020 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On August 11 2020 04:21 Trfel wrote:
Terrible Takes by Trfel

Town Lean
LightningStrike + Show Spoiler +
Mostly a gut read, but two more reasons. First, he's made the most posts in the thread so far, which (much) more often than not makes someone town, especially in a low-activity game like this. And second, his worry about the lack of activity in the game feels genuine. It's not a very strong read, but I'd bet on it if I had to.

Mr. Cheesecake + Show Spoiler +
I still feel a bit bugged by how he played earlier in the game, but since then he's been investigating things and more importantly, he's been pushing his reads. In a low-activity game like this, there is less incentive for mafia to push reads. Despite the aforementioned things that I don't like, the rest of his play feels towny and investigative.

HoldenGolden + Show Spoiler +
While LightningStrike has provided the most posts in this game, HoldenGolden has provided the most content in this game. He's been probing and poking everyone and seems to genuinely be trying to figure out the game.


Null
GTacc
Vivax

Mafia Lean
Eywa- + Show Spoiler +
His post on HoldenGolden, sharing his suspicions of him, that later vanished into thin air. It was his most explained and serious read, and seems to have taken a decent amount of effort to read a previous game and compare. And note that later, he even mentions who he wants to lynch but can't (GTacc). If he's still scumreading HoldenGolden, why wouldn't he be in this category? Or if something changed, why not say what changed?

The only thing I can think of that caused this is in the time between these two linked posts, several people posted about either townreading HoldenGolden or not wanting to lynch HoldenGolden. It feels like once there were obstacles put in the way, Eywa- no longer wanted to lynch/cared about lynching HoldenGolden.

Why would town be like this? If anything, town would push even harder for a lynch on his "naked mafia" read. Whereas mafia is much more inclined to drop it and look for a different, easier target.

ShoCkeyy + Show Spoiler +
ShoCkeyy says he doesn't like it when people analyze and look at opening posts too deeply, and implied that he didn't like HoldenGolden looking into early game posts. But then he said he liked how Mr. Cheesecake looked into my opening post and didn't like my opening post.

Inconsistent, but not the strongest.

Fecalfeast + Show Spoiler +
Honestly this is just due to feelings. But here:
On August 10 2020 08:14 Fecalfeast wrote:
Of the three active non-LS people so far this is the order I would rank them from towniest to scummiest
eywa

cheesecake

holden

I can't read LS because I think everything he says is scummy because he doesn't really understand subtext if I remember correctly it has been a while.

Trfel pings towny to me for his early questions but honestly meh otherwise

nobody reads overly scummy to me. The only reason holden is on the bottom of my short list is because their posts seem forced and overly aggressive IMHO. I get they're an offsite player though so who know what they do over there.

vivax we will have to wait and see. I like that he found a non-obvious post to make a read on and one I also liked to boot.
This post doesn't actually say much. He puts Eywa- townier than Mr. Cheesecake and Mr. Cheesecake townier than HoldenGolden, but only relative to each other. It's super non-committal and not very useful. Four times in this short post he says something to the effect of "I could be wrong," "I'm not sure," or "we'll have to wait and see."

Feels very disengaged from the thread. Instead of driving or pushing things, he's just saying what looks good and what looks bad. It doesn't feel like he cares to find mafia, just evaluate what things look like. Nothing insightful. He's not even posting videos or showing interest in the game. Fecalfeast as town is much better than this.


I still need to figure out who I want to vote for most, but I'd definitely like to vote within these three.


They are nice takes.


Trfel obviously didn't read more into it because I actually called myself out on that very exact thing he's saying I'm mafia for.


I don't know what you called yourself out. I know you called Trfel bad not much else. But really, I'm not sold you're mafia, but then why do you seem to think it's just townies voting you (Trfel, CC)?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 20:03 GMT
#215
On August 11 2020 05:01 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2020 05:00 Trfel wrote:
Eywa-, what do you think about HoldenGolden?

Thinking about HoldenGolden today is an exercise in futility, I've decided not to do it.


Enthusiastic entrance, I don't know about his reads atm.
Leaning town tho.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 20:45 GMT
#219
Have you found a way of explaining why you're voting for me eywa?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 21:58 GMT
#223
On August 11 2020 06:06 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2020 05:45 Vivax wrote:
Have you found a way of explaining why you're voting for me eywa?

This is a weird angle for town!vivax to take towards his top scum read 4hrs pre-eod... I mean, we need a decisive vote, I would like for it to be on vivax, but I will switch to ShoCkey if you guys insist.


I haven't even called you mafia, and even less my top scumread. Don't know what game you're reading.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 10 2020 22:38 GMT
#232
Hey eywa what is Trfels alignment in your opinion?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 11 2020 15:22 GMT
#319
Of course I'm an enigma when nobody is willing to converse or answer simple questions.
Do we just have monologues with ourselves now to catch mafia?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 11 2020 16:15 GMT
#321
In practice, FF had the sanest posts towards EoD. That doesn't mean he can't be mafia, but he had likable posts for me. I like how Trfel put the squeeze on him a little but I don't think Trfel's case makes FF mafia (FF wanting to kill inactives might just be cause he wanted to lynch anything after a day of no progress, if anything him being less selective about who to lynch is townie imho). Going to keep him as null.

Then there's the two weirdos voting me. Omgus from my part is possible in valuating this but regardless I don't think the pushes actually have the good intention of catching me as scum. At the very least their pushes are at most good for lynching anyone but not for catching scum and that's how they read to me.

Eywa is just headless chicken mode pushing me based on some logic where mafia has to be in Trfels list of nulls and doesn't reply to me when I'm his top scumread. Just keeps throwing some phrases at me like I give him the jeebies as if that would progress anything.

Shockeyy pressure voted me and afkd but when I pulled out one post asking for an opinion nobody replied. I also don't know how the vote is supposed to work since I've been in the thread and he couldn't care less although that seemed to be his main focus.

Cheesecake I like but he too doesn't get the feedback he wishes for I believe. Seems townie though. Maybe if I manage to get on a talking level with him we can bring some movement into the thread.

LS like me also seems to have been rather chill and gives off a relaxed vibe. Not like the two dudes who seem to do a forced push. Going to have to see where he goes with his FF scumread.

As for Holden, I think he grows scummier the more he stays away. His start was strong-ish but the latter string of posts was almost only focused on himself and telling people how to play the game. Maybe mafia, but I'll think about it when I figured out the two votes on me.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22416 Posts
August 11 2020 16:16 GMT
#322
On August 12 2020 01:01 Fecalfeast wrote:
I'll converse after work but I don't think that's works for you


We'll see. In the meantime, I posted a monologue too .
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings54
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 167
PiLiPiLi 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2830
ViBE146
Bale 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7343
taco 574
Other Games
JimRising 588
WinterStarcraft361
C9.Mang0317
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1036
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP104
• Hupsaiya 94
• davetesta28
• practicex 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1114
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 55m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.