• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10859 users

[M][N]MiniFeast I - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 08:58 GMT
#1160
On June 27 2019 17:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:48 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Holyflare, can you please give me the scumpartner(s) outside Shapelog Pandain is / can be mafia with? I promise to look very closely there because i would love to lynch the shit out of him if he is scum jsut because he fucking tried to kill me over Slam and Shapelog.
+ Show Spoiler +
Pandain
09-26-2013
11:40 PM ET (US)

You clearly have never read any of my mafia games.

It's not about Town cred, it's about logic, aggression, and bandwagoning town.

I dont think people change, at least people dont change what's working, and that has been working for pandain as mafia.


With pandain:

Eywa/jock most likely. Jock's posts have been less and less impressive since slam flipped. I haven't really thought about it to be honest so don't want to rule anyone else out yet. Everything is open.

I can agree with jock being mafia with pandain. I will check if that makes sense thread-sentiment-wise after i have slept (still havent after night shift). I heavily disagree with Pandain+Eywa combo.


I still don't understand the pandain eywa thing.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:05 GMT
#1166
On June 27 2019 17:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
meh i am going to bounce ideas here HF if that's okay? I am not sure i can stay awake enough to actually make a educated decision. Why don't jock + pandain on at least some level agree to shapelog D1 (or if they did, why didn't they use it when the shit hit the fan)?


No idea :D

I do think it's much more likely to just be pandain shapelog since if shape was town I'd think it would be a much better pile to jump on if I was mafia trying to save my buddy.

He did only have 2 minutes though so not really sure he could have swayed people. That's why pandain vote on you is so ridiculously opportune. There's no way he goes out of his way to lynch his town read (you) for information™ over just slam who he said was a good lynch or shapelog who 2 people were already voting (you, his town read, and grack his mafia read so lots more info!).

This means he knew thread sentiment. He knew I could try and be swayed and he knew I was on his partner so he goes for the most opportune switch possible.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:07 GMT
#1167
On June 27 2019 18:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:58 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:48 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Holyflare, can you please give me the scumpartner(s) outside Shapelog Pandain is / can be mafia with? I promise to look very closely there because i would love to lynch the shit out of him if he is scum jsut because he fucking tried to kill me over Slam and Shapelog.
+ Show Spoiler +
Pandain
09-26-2013
11:40 PM ET (US)

You clearly have never read any of my mafia games.

It's not about Town cred, it's about logic, aggression, and bandwagoning town.

I dont think people change, at least people dont change what's working, and that has been working for pandain as mafia.


With pandain:

Eywa/jock most likely. Jock's posts have been less and less impressive since slam flipped. I haven't really thought about it to be honest so don't want to rule anyone else out yet. Everything is open.

I can agree with jock being mafia with pandain. I will check if that makes sense thread-sentiment-wise after i have slept (still havent after night shift). I heavily disagree with Pandain+Eywa combo.


I still don't understand the pandain eywa thing.

Pandain is a planner kinda guy as mafia. You know like if me and you were in a mafia team, we would have a plan on how the game would draw out, what will most likely happen and how to deal with certain situations etc... I see no common ground regarding a mafia team plan between those two people, i mean like if one of theirs gets under suspicion they are likely fucked because they can't have enough alternatives to push based on how they have played. Quick example, eywa started the game with calling a quick lynch on pandain. It doesn't mean she can't be mafia with pandain but it means (when she didn't back off -- and tried to make me look like pandain's partner) that she can't pretty much be on a same lynch with pandain without looking bad.


I don't ever plan and I don't think eywa is the kind of person to listen to any plan lol.

How do you plan around an afk slam and unruly eywa? Impossible. It's probably just sit and hope nothing goes to shit and then when it did that's why pandain panicked.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:09 GMT
#1168
On June 27 2019 18:04 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:57 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:46 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:32 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:28 Jockmcplop wrote:
Alright then if we're never lynching grack put him with hf and we have an even bigger chance of winning.

I'm shit at figuring out roleclaims and what they mean, mostly they just confuse me, so in every game I play I have a similar conversation to this at some point. If y'all are sure grack is absolutely confirmed town then yeah I'll go along with it just out of ignorance.


We know there are three blues. HF is one. That means if everyone who has a blue claims and we have three total, those three people are confirmed. Because the host has confirmed there are three. Does that make sense?

Grack is not confirmed "yet" per se. But once the last blue is revealed (it always happens sooner rather than later) we will be able to know he is either telling the truth (3 claims total) or someone is lying (more than 3 blue claims)
That's also why if you or kelsier or shape or eywa are blue you should claim. Because you will be the last confirmed town and there's no way we will lose.

So like you tell us this, but you thought Grack is mafia after his claim even during N1? Want to explain?


I just didn't realize it. I actually post when I realize it.
On June 27 2019 06:10 Pandain wrote:
Brilliant Grack.

It actually doesn't even matter if you got shot or not. What I didn't realize from your claim is that you're essentially town-confirmed (or at least you will be later on once all roles are claimed tomorrow or the day after). This is because we know for a fact there are three blue roles. Once three people claim and no others claim, we know the three are deifnitely town.



Dumb though. He just says he was drawing a shot and is vt and then what?

I don't understand what you are saying here


You're saying grack is confirmed town because regardless of if he got shot or not he wouldn't claim as mafia?

What happens when you find out end game that no shot happened, grack rescinds his claim day 2 and claims vt just trying to draw a shot and there's a jk or something? You just jump to him being town and don't think of any possible mafia strategy that they absolutely need to have in a 3 confirmed town game with a named townie and 1 mafia dead.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:17 GMT
#1175
On June 27 2019 18:14 Pandain wrote:
Like seriously HF it's like you actively block out information that doesn't agree with your narrative.


That's exactly what I do when the only person providing an alternative narrative is the guy I'm calling mafia and I just think your version is a lot less plausible than the really obvious one. Sorry
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:50 GMT
#1199
On June 27 2019 18:23 Pandain wrote:
Like HF you have been so wrong every single of the last 4/5 games I've played with you. And it's for the same reasons every time, you get crazy tunneled on people and refuse to look outside the box.


And I will be wrong again all the time. You're not up for lynch currently so it doesn't really matter does it?

I never said I was a good town player, I'm just outspoken and piece together the puzzles for people to follow. I'm not solely responsible for your lynch, there are many people in this game and if they follow me it is because they agree at some point with me also.

I'm not even tunneled, I'm quite relaxed and easy going currently. I'm not spamming for your lynch and realise there are probably alternatives that are likely mafia also but to me this is the lynch I will most likely settle on.

Sorry if you're town, you did a bad play to save mafia and if slam was town I would think completely the opposite to how I feel now. Bad luck if you are.

You need to put yourself in my shoes. I've seen a person hard defend mafia to lynch one of their town reads - thay they said was for information but now have changed it after everyone called you out to you town reading slam.

I don't think town reading slam makes any sense. Who was being lynched before slam was? Everyone.. You have me as confirmed town voting slam and 2 people you don't even scum read voting slam (who has posted nothing!) and now you're saying you were convinced slam was town but don't give any reasons why.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:51 GMT
#1201
On June 27 2019 18:31 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 18:09 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 18:04 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:57 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:46 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:32 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:28 Jockmcplop wrote:
Alright then if we're never lynching grack put him with hf and we have an even bigger chance of winning.

I'm shit at figuring out roleclaims and what they mean, mostly they just confuse me, so in every game I play I have a similar conversation to this at some point. If y'all are sure grack is absolutely confirmed town then yeah I'll go along with it just out of ignorance.


We know there are three blues. HF is one. That means if everyone who has a blue claims and we have three total, those three people are confirmed. Because the host has confirmed there are three. Does that make sense?

Grack is not confirmed "yet" per se. But once the last blue is revealed (it always happens sooner rather than later) we will be able to know he is either telling the truth (3 claims total) or someone is lying (more than 3 blue claims)
That's also why if you or kelsier or shape or eywa are blue you should claim. Because you will be the last confirmed town and there's no way we will lose.

So like you tell us this, but you thought Grack is mafia after his claim even during N1? Want to explain?


I just didn't realize it. I actually post when I realize it.
On June 27 2019 06:10 Pandain wrote:
Brilliant Grack.

It actually doesn't even matter if you got shot or not. What I didn't realize from your claim is that you're essentially town-confirmed (or at least you will be later on once all roles are claimed tomorrow or the day after). This is because we know for a fact there are three blue roles. Once three people claim and no others claim, we know the three are deifnitely town.



Dumb though. He just says he was drawing a shot and is vt and then what?

I don't understand what you are saying here


You're saying grack is confirmed town because regardless of if he got shot or not he wouldn't claim as mafia?

What happens when you find out end game that no shot happened, grack rescinds his claim day 2 and claims vt just trying to draw a shot and there's a jk or something? You just jump to him being town and don't think of any possible mafia strategy that they absolutely need to have in a 3 confirmed town game with a named townie and 1 mafia dead.

grack is literally never mafia here. it's way too likely there is another protective role that could counterclaim.


Case in point. You speak in absolutes. I don't like it. Grack can easily be mafia. It's a stretch but he's never confirmed town here ever.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:52 GMT
#1202
On June 27 2019 18:37 Pandain wrote:
ok sure but im angry so i dont think rational.

also to be frank no one on the slam lynch can take credit for it because it was deliberately a "i have no idea what to do so lynch someone afk"


This isn't true. I went for the most amiable lynch in a pool of people that were scum reads. Narrowing down town reads and lynching into a pool isn't just rng and hope, it increases the odds of hitting mafia by a lot. Everyone was looking at least a bit townie.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 09:55 GMT
#1205
On June 27 2019 18:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 18:51 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 18:31 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 18:09 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 18:04 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:57 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:46 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:32 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:28 Jockmcplop wrote:
Alright then if we're never lynching grack put him with hf and we have an even bigger chance of winning.

I'm shit at figuring out roleclaims and what they mean, mostly they just confuse me, so in every game I play I have a similar conversation to this at some point. If y'all are sure grack is absolutely confirmed town then yeah I'll go along with it just out of ignorance.


We know there are three blues. HF is one. That means if everyone who has a blue claims and we have three total, those three people are confirmed. Because the host has confirmed there are three. Does that make sense?

Grack is not confirmed "yet" per se. But once the last blue is revealed (it always happens sooner rather than later) we will be able to know he is either telling the truth (3 claims total) or someone is lying (more than 3 blue claims)
That's also why if you or kelsier or shape or eywa are blue you should claim. Because you will be the last confirmed town and there's no way we will lose.

So like you tell us this, but you thought Grack is mafia after his claim even during N1? Want to explain?


I just didn't realize it. I actually post when I realize it.
On June 27 2019 06:10 Pandain wrote:
Brilliant Grack.

It actually doesn't even matter if you got shot or not. What I didn't realize from your claim is that you're essentially town-confirmed (or at least you will be later on once all roles are claimed tomorrow or the day after). This is because we know for a fact there are three blue roles. Once three people claim and no others claim, we know the three are deifnitely town.



Dumb though. He just says he was drawing a shot and is vt and then what?

I don't understand what you are saying here


You're saying grack is confirmed town because regardless of if he got shot or not he wouldn't claim as mafia?

What happens when you find out end game that no shot happened, grack rescinds his claim day 2 and claims vt just trying to draw a shot and there's a jk or something? You just jump to him being town and don't think of any possible mafia strategy that they absolutely need to have in a 3 confirmed town game with a named townie and 1 mafia dead.

grack is literally never mafia here. it's way too likely there is another protective role that could counterclaim.


Case in point. You speak in absolutes. I don't like it. Grack can easily be mafia. It's a stretch but he's never confirmed town here ever.

dont be dumb...


Not really dumb but we'll see. I agree it's a big stretch of the imagination and a massive play but I'm absolutely not ruling it out.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 10:09 GMT
#1209
This game is fucking boring lol. I'm confirmed town and the 2 people everyone thinks are mafia are literally modkills and there was no night kill. I couldn't think of a more mundane scenario.

So I'll live in a world where there's a chance mafia grack made a play, however unlikely, just because it's more fun to. I don't currently think he's mafia but it's whatever. It's fun!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 10:16 GMT
#1213
No respect for mafia that play under the radar. Just relies on other townies being shit and able to blend.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 11:13 GMT
#1217
I do what i want.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 11:58 GMT
#1225
On June 27 2019 20:45 Jockmcplop wrote:
Because it was a throwaway comment when I said it, but for hf it seems like his strategy for the entire game.


I mean... It's not because I'm voting for pandain lol.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 12:36 GMT
#1231
Also, that's not how I'm playing the game Jock. I'm genuinely voting for people I think are mafia. If I also think shape is mafia and likely to get modkilled I'm going for the 2 mafia end game.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 16:47 GMT
#1256
So this game is very boring and koshi is just mafia right?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-06-27 19:31:14
June 27 2019 19:30 GMT
#1285
Ty for hosting.

What made you decide to announce the amount of blues?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
June 27 2019 22:33 GMT
#1308
On June 25 2019 17:31 Holyflare wrote:
If shapelog is mafia, it's with kelsier.


Lol
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Reynor88
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Westballz33
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor780
Other Games
summit1g10149
C9.Mang0256
Sick171
PiGStarcraft132
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 44m
Online Event
3h 44m
FEL
8h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.