• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9799 users

[M][N]MiniFeast I - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 08:23 GMT
#1137
I don't think there's a guaranteed victory here at all, but its close to that. I think treating ES and trfel as 'probably town' and putting them on the back end of the lynch list and then just working our way through it, although simple and kinda boring, gives town the best odds of winning here (unless something changes with ES or trfel that gives us a good solid reason to suspect one of them).

So the lynch list is (in order of how likely we are to be able to lynch people):

Shapelog/koshi
Eywa/Pandain/me
rayn/grack
ES/trfel

obvs hf isn't in there.

We have to get more than half way down this list with only mislynches before we can lose, and that's with successful mafia kp each time. The only possible issue there is a grack/rayn scum team and that looks incredibly unlikely to me.


RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 08:28 GMT
#1141
Alright then if we're never lynching grack put him with hf and we have an even bigger chance of winning.

I'm shit at figuring out roleclaims and what they mean, mostly they just confuse me, so in every game I play I have a similar conversation to this at some point. If y'all are sure grack is absolutely confirmed town then yeah I'll go along with it just out of ignorance.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 08:37 GMT
#1146
On June 27 2019 17:32 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:28 Jockmcplop wrote:
Alright then if we're never lynching grack put him with hf and we have an even bigger chance of winning.

I'm shit at figuring out roleclaims and what they mean, mostly they just confuse me, so in every game I play I have a similar conversation to this at some point. If y'all are sure grack is absolutely confirmed town then yeah I'll go along with it just out of ignorance.


We know there are three blues. HF is one. That means if everyone who has a blue claims and we have three total, those three people are confirmed. Because the host has confirmed there are three. Does that make sense?

Grack is not confirmed "yet" per se. But once the last blue is revealed (it always happens sooner rather than later) we will be able to know he is either telling the truth (3 claims total) or someone is lying (more than 3 blue claims)
That's also why if you or kelsier or shape or eywa are blue you should claim. Because you will be the last confirmed town and there's no way we will lose.


This does make sense actually yeah. So the last blue needs to claim to confirm grack really, but he's most likely town just on the back of his claim(s). OK.
I don't know why I have this feeling about grack. I think its irrational paranoia, but the gut feeling is still there even though it really looks like he's town.

Of course, if we do end up just lynching our way through that list it doesn't matter one bit either way cos we're probably gonna win anyway.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 08:52 GMT
#1153
On June 27 2019 17:45 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:22 Pandain wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 26 2019 19:12 Pandain wrote:
In my opinion, Eversince is practically confirmed town. Jock, Rayn, and Trefel are 98% town.

Grack and Ewya are null to slightly town.

Keslier and Shape are likely mafia.

why is jock on your list of mafia candidates?


He's not my first pick at all. He's just a possibility. I'm saying if we lynch through these 4 we will never lose.

Okay which of those other three can he be mafia with and why?


If Jock is mafia Eywa probably is.
Almost certainly not with Kelsier. Also unlikely with shape, though I won't rule it out. I would rather lynch Trfel than believe a Jock-Kelsier team.


I don't know how anyone could even entertain the possibility of me being mafia with either shapelog or kelsier to be honest. I null read shapelog for a while but I've been pushing hard to lynch him since yesterday.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 08:52 GMT
#1155
On June 27 2019 17:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:48 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Holyflare, can you please give me the scumpartner(s) outside Shapelog Pandain is / can be mafia with? I promise to look very closely there because i would love to lynch the shit out of him if he is scum jsut because he fucking tried to kill me over Slam and Shapelog.
+ Show Spoiler +
Pandain
09-26-2013
11:40 PM ET (US)

You clearly have never read any of my mafia games.

It's not about Town cred, it's about logic, aggression, and bandwagoning town.

I dont think people change, at least people dont change what's working, and that has been working for pandain as mafia.


With pandain:

Eywa/jock most likely. Jock's posts have been less and less impressive since slam flipped. I haven't really thought about it to be honest so don't want to rule anyone else out yet. Everything is open.

I can agree with jock being mafia with pandain. I will check if that makes sense thread-sentiment-wise after i have slept (still havent after night shift). I heavily disagree with Pandain+Eywa combo.


I can see where this line of thought comes from, although I genuinely had the feeling day 1 that Pandain was buddying me pretty hard, which would be massively unsubtle if we were both mafia, no?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 09:02 GMT
#1162
On June 27 2019 17:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:52 Jockmcplop wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:48 Holyflare wrote:
On June 27 2019 17:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Holyflare, can you please give me the scumpartner(s) outside Shapelog Pandain is / can be mafia with? I promise to look very closely there because i would love to lynch the shit out of him if he is scum jsut because he fucking tried to kill me over Slam and Shapelog.
+ Show Spoiler +
Pandain
09-26-2013
11:40 PM ET (US)

You clearly have never read any of my mafia games.

It's not about Town cred, it's about logic, aggression, and bandwagoning town.

I dont think people change, at least people dont change what's working, and that has been working for pandain as mafia.


With pandain:

Eywa/jock most likely. Jock's posts have been less and less impressive since slam flipped. I haven't really thought about it to be honest so don't want to rule anyone else out yet. Everything is open.

I can agree with jock being mafia with pandain. I will check if that makes sense thread-sentiment-wise after i have slept (still havent after night shift). I heavily disagree with Pandain+Eywa combo.


I can see where this line of thought comes from, although I genuinely had the feeling day 1 that Pandain was buddying me pretty hard, which would be massively unsubtle if we were both mafia, no?

I dont remember who was buddying who or if it even can considered as buddying. Idk why that would be unsubtle, people can agree with each other regardless of alignment.


iirc he townread me almost immediately. I'm going off memory though so check that if you think i'm wrong.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 09:39 GMT
#1192
Where's koshi??
I have barely been called stupid this whole game and its disappointing.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 10:07 GMT
#1208
On June 27 2019 19:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
FF can you modkill HF because he doesn't sound like HF at all.


Are you kidding?
This game is a meta goldmine for hf.
This is what happens when he can't do all his usual stuff.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 10:11 GMT
#1211
On June 27 2019 19:09 Holyflare wrote:
This game is fucking boring lol. I'm confirmed town and the 2 people everyone thinks are mafia are literally modkills and there was no night kill. I couldn't think of a more mundane scenario.

So I'll live in a world where there's a chance mafia grack made a play, however unlikely, just because it's more fun to. I don't currently think he's mafia but it's whatever. It's fun!


The thought of a grack/rayn mafia team here still amuses me greatly. I'm like, completely sure that it isn't the case but man that would be some extreme mafia play.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 11:07 GMT
#1216
The problem I have with hfs line of thinking here is that the game isn't boring because town are doing boring stuff. The boring stuff is.most likely cos mafia are afk/lurking. If you try too hard to force an entertaining game town will lose because you're looking for things that probably aren't there and distracting from what is basically the most reasonable strategy for a town win.

It doesn't really matter what the most fun mafia pairing would be if its most likely just the afk players.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 11:21 GMT
#1218
Well stop it and just do what you're told
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 11:45 GMT
#1221
Because it was a throwaway comment when I said it, but for hf it seems like his strategy for the entire game.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 11:49 GMT
#1222
On June 27 2019 20:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
like why do you do just what HF did and then basically tell him he is stupid for what he did?


It's like you don't even understand the concept of context.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 11:58 GMT
#1226
On June 27 2019 20:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
maybe i dont. maybe someone else can take a look at it too.


Its ok I can explain it to you.
When i said that to hf, its because he is refusing to go along with the idea that mafia is afk because that would be boring, hence he was pressuring you on day 1, and now pandain. His strategy for the game is to make it interesting by finding reasons to accuse people of being mafia instead of looking for the most likely mafia.

When I said it would amuse me if you and grack were mafia, I wasn't trying to pressure you and grack, I wasn't trying to convince anyone else that you guys are mafia, I just meant it would be kinda funny if it were true.

If you want you can try and convince me that those two things are the same, or you coudl admit that that isn't the case at all...
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 12:01 GMT
#1227
On June 27 2019 20:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
why did you pick me with grack and not ES / Trfel into your comment?


Like literally every single time I make a comment that isn't serious you come in and question me about it as if I jsut wrote a massive essay on why i think its the real truth.

It was a jokey fucking comment. No -one thinks you and grack are mafia, which is why I said that.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 12:04 GMT
#1228
OK I'm changing how I play right now for the rest of the game.
No more jokes that can be misinterpreted.
.

WELCOME TO JOCKMCPLOPBOT v1.0


Current mafia reads:
Koshi 76% mafia probability
shapelog 60% mafia probability

Current strategy:
lynch shapelog, followed by:
koshi
pandain
eywa

RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 13:29 GMT
#1239
On June 27 2019 22:28 Koshi wrote:
Hi all. Will be on my best behaviour this game.


\\error
Please input correct data
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 13:52 GMT
#1245
On June 27 2019 22:48 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 17:23 Jockmcplop wrote:
I don't think there's a guaranteed victory here at all, but its close to that. I think treating ES and trfel as 'probably town' and putting them on the back end of the lynch list and then just working our way through it, although simple and kinda boring, gives town the best odds of winning here (unless something changes with ES or trfel that gives us a good solid reason to suspect one of them).

So the lynch list is (in order of how likely we are to be able to lynch people):

Shapelog/koshi
Eywa/Pandain/me
rayn/grack
ES/trfel

obvs hf isn't in there.

We have to get more than half way down this list with only mislynches before we can lose, and that's with successful mafia kp each time. The only possible issue there is a grack/rayn scum team and that looks incredibly unlikely to me.



Can somebody explain this post?

Bottom is mafia lynchers. Top is mafia reads I assume.

Grack blue
Rayn also blue?



So the lynch list is (in order of how likely we are to be able to lynch people):
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 18:45 GMT
#1272
aww yeah good call FF
Seems this one was beset by bad luck from the beginning. A couple of hours later on the deadline and it might have worked.
gg all
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 18:47 GMT
#1274
This was the first game I was happy with my town play. I think I might be able to settle in to a style now.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O180
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft349
Nina 118
ViBE83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14437
ZZZero.O 180
firebathero 104
Hyuk 73
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm143
febbydoto75
League of Legends
Doublelift4134
Counter-Strike
Fnx 992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5606
Other Games
summit1g7864
FrodaN2259
mouzStarbuck456
JimRising 335
KnowMe243
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• musti20045 29
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur214
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 16m
INu's Battles
13h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 16m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.