• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8873 users

[M][N]MiniFeast I - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 10:20 GMT
#885
On June 26 2019 19:17 Pandain wrote:
Rayn is assuming that Grack is town. Under that theory, there's no way that Kelsier and Shape are both mafia (because the last three mafia have to be within Ewya, Kelsier, and Shape, also assuming that Pandain and Jock are town).

If Grack is mafia, there's a non-zero chance that the last scum could be Eywa for instance.



Yeah this a problem.

I guess I'll have to try and figure grack out before tomorrow. Grack/eywa seems somewhat possible to me right now.

BTW that first sentence doesn't make sense to me, do you mean this:

Rayn is assuming that Grack is town. Under that theory, there's no way that Kelsier and Shape are both TOWN (because the last three mafia have to be within Ewya, Kelsier, and Shape, also assuming that Pandain and Jock are town).
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 10:30 GMT
#888
On June 26 2019 19:25 Pandain wrote:
Yeah I meant to say town.

Honestly the slam post on Eywa puts me against thinking he's scum, which is why I'm pretty certain there's at least one (if not both) scum between Kelsier and Shape.

What did you think about that post?


I think its more than likely that you are right, but just based off that one short post I wouldn't want to gamble on it. I had forgotten about that tbh. That does make it more likey that there is one mafia in ksc/shape.

Everything is pointing towards that anyway. I still think killing shapelog is a good idea, even though I'm still null on him. It looks to me like this although this plan could feasibly go very badly wrong, the chances of that happening given what we know are kinda low.

RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 12:18 GMT
#890
On June 26 2019 21:04 Pandain wrote:
I'm upgrading Kels to a null-read and downgrading Shape to a slight scum read.

Also making Grack null.


Why?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:03 GMT
#893
On June 26 2019 22:55 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2019 19:07 Jockmcplop wrote:
On June 26 2019 19:02 Holyflare wrote:
On June 26 2019 18:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
Hf can we talk about trfel please?

Him being town is pretty important if I'm going to go along with a shapelog vote tomorrow.

I can't see any way that trfel isn't town. He had the choice of 3 wagons, if trfel is mafia then at least one of those 3 is town and he can safely vote for them. He hadn't town read either KSC or shapelog at any point during day 1 so wouldn't have been contradicting himself. Both ksc and shapelog were being scumread by alot of players so no-one would raise any eyebrows at trfel voting for either of them.

I know you said its a just a gut feeling right now but can you see that the logic of the situation pretty much means he has to be town?


Nothing logical works in mafia, ever. That's a lesson you'll have to learn. I agree it's quite unlikely but I can't shake the gut feeling.


I'm not sure that this is true, more like you can't trust logic over everything else. I'll keep an open mind but continue to presume that trfel is town unless I see something extremely convincing.
To be honest Holyflare is right, there is a small chance I could do what I did as mafia and it's not worth ignoring. Yes it would be a suboptimal play, but sometimes mafia messes up. You can judge the likelihood and look at my play as a whole, but I would never recommend treating someone as 100% confirmed town for that alone.

That said if you lynch me first while Shapelog/KelsierSC/Pandain/Eywa- are all alive, I think I'd (rightfully) be a bit annoyed


Oh I'm not saying 100% town, I'm saying +90% that both you and ES are. Given the balance of probability of mafia sacrificing one of their own unnecessarily I think that's fair.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:14 GMT
#896
On June 26 2019 23:08 Eywa- wrote:
So we're lynching Rayn tomorrow right?


Hey everybody

its

RNG LYNCH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Because there's no point in trying to work things out. Just shout names at random and hope the game solves itself.



RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:29 GMT
#902
So lynch shapelog with us unless he gets got by a vigi!
We're pretty much all working on the assumption that there's mafia between shapelog and kelsier so surely that's a good plan, no?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:30 GMT
#903
On June 26 2019 23:28 Grackaroni wrote:
Jock is mafia.


Take your shot grack. I'm definitely not mafia, although I would like to see what you think you have.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:32 GMT
#905
On June 26 2019 23:31 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2019 23:29 Jockmcplop wrote:
So lynch shapelog with us unless he gets got by a vigi!
We're pretty much all working on the assumption that there's mafia between shapelog and kelsier so surely that's a good plan, no?

No, that's a terrible plan.


Feel free to explain this, or anything you have said so far, and then it'll be worth taking notice of.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:35 GMT
#908
On June 26 2019 23:34 Eywa- wrote:
So I'm obvtown, I think we should check Rayn before shooting the PoE.


I disagree. I think the priority should still be trying to lynch mafia, and I'm fairly sure rayn isn't mafia. Unless you can convince me that there's at least some reasonable chance of rayn flipping red I'm not going near a rayn lynch.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:39 GMT
#915
On June 26 2019 23:36 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2019 23:35 Jockmcplop wrote:
On June 26 2019 23:34 Eywa- wrote:
So I'm obvtown, I think we should check Rayn before shooting the PoE.


I disagree. I think the priority should still be trying to lynch mafia, and I'm fairly sure rayn isn't mafia. Unless you can convince me that there's at least some reasonable chance of rayn flipping red I'm not going near a rayn lynch.

I disagree, you need to understand why there's a good chance of Rayn flipping mafia


So try and convince me. I've seen nothing so far to suggest that he is, hf's case doesn't even remotely convince me. You haven't really explained it to me other than its based off your own PoE list, but I don't really believe in that list, because you've hardly explained anything that you've said so far.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:43 GMT
#918
On June 26 2019 23:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2019 23:30 Jockmcplop wrote:
On June 26 2019 23:28 Grackaroni wrote:
Jock is mafia.


Take your shot grack. I'm definitely not mafia, although I would like to see what you think you have.

Goes back to this.
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2019 07:32 Grackaroni wrote:
On June 26 2019 07:26 Jockmcplop wrote:
Grack: Stupid time to claim, don't like his read progression (it seems forced/unnatural).

This argument that I'm following thread sentiment is pretty suspicious to me. I've given my own reasons for whatever push I've made and I don't think that's an accurate description of my filter.

My reads have been changing fluidly. I don't believe Jock's have so far.

Your reads are too confident. I don't see enough doubt in any of your play. I don't think that's your town play.

The biggest shift I can see over the night is you upgrading me from scum to *scum lean* (I can really see the doubt creeping into your mind!) and then you assuring HF that Trfel cannot be mafia because of his vote.


Yep. In the last game I didn't follow up with my leads, I acted unsure, and all of the mafia that i suspected of being mafia didn't get lynched in part because of that - then we lost the game...

THis is exactly what i posted after that game (bolded for emphasis). I'm making a concerted effort not to make the same mistakes as I did last time which played a part in costing town the game.

On May 30 2019 20:51 Jockmcplop wrote:
I think I need to be more confident in getting people to vote with me when i have a read.
I feel like I should have got artanis on day 2 but I kinda gave up a bit. I could've had conversion day 1 also but didn't really go for it. Covnersion you shut that down pretty nicely well played.

Bugs we should definitely hydra on the next game where mods allow it.

RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:55 GMT
#919
Just to follow up on that, and you can ask hf about this, someone has tried to meta read in each of my last 4 games. I have only ever played 5 games on here, and each time the meta read has been wrong, and each time I have said at the time that meta reading me probably won't work because I'm deliberately changing my game and I've played too few games to get a good meta.

Each time I'm ignored.

Hopefully this time, given that I've been able to demonstrate exactly when I said I would change my play (before this game started) and exactly how I was going to change my play, and its exactly that change that you hae pointed out - i'm hoping you'll listen.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 14:57 GMT
#920
On June 26 2019 23:40 Eywa- wrote:

I'm sorry Eywa but something is lost in the communication here. Explain it to me like I'm a baby cos I really don't get what you're trying to say about rayn and kelsier. I don't think there's enough in that brief interaction for it to be alignment indicative to be honest, certainly not a case that makes it worth forgoing the two best lynches to lynch someone who's probably town.

RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 22:41 GMT
#1001
Voting shapelog
Not really here to talk though I'm freakin wasted
maybe i'll hang out for a bit but you won't get anything useful from me.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 22:55 GMT
#1004
On June 27 2019 07:45 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 07:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
Voting shapelog
Not really here to talk though I'm freakin wasted
maybe i'll hang out for a bit but you won't get anything useful from me.

Ooooh.

Is that different from the norm or same? Are you standing firm on all of your reads?


Is what different? Not getting anything useful from me? I guess that depends on your perspective

Am I standing firm? Fairly.
I'm interested to see what happens with koshi.
The more time that goes past without shapelog posting the more i want to lynch him.
Rayn still seems town to me.

Pandain/grack I'm not entirely sure about.

Grack is looking less and less mafia to me as the days go by but i'm still somewhat suspicious of him.
Pandain is hard to read this game.

ES/trfel i'm still townreading based off the last vote, that ain't changing.

Eywa, you are also starting to look more townlike, although I don't feel like I'm getting anything useful or interesting from you because I can't figure out how you're coming to your conclusions about anything.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 23:02 GMT
#1006
On June 27 2019 07:58 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2019 07:55 Jockmcplop wrote:
On June 27 2019 07:45 Eywa- wrote:
On June 27 2019 07:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
Voting shapelog
Not really here to talk though I'm freakin wasted
maybe i'll hang out for a bit but you won't get anything useful from me.

Ooooh.

Is that different from the norm or same? Are you standing firm on all of your reads?


Is what different? Not getting anything useful from me? I guess that depends on your perspective

Am I standing firm? Fairly.
I'm interested to see what happens with koshi.
The more time that goes past without shapelog posting the more i want to lynch him.
Rayn still seems town to me.

Pandain/grack I'm not entirely sure about.

Grack is looking less and less mafia to me as the days go by but i'm still somewhat suspicious of him.
Pandain is hard to read this game.

ES/trfel i'm still townreading based off the last vote, that ain't changing.

Eywa, you are also starting to look more townlike, although I don't feel like I'm getting anything useful or interesting from you because I can't figure out how you're coming to your conclusions about anything.


Well, that's fair, I'm not really trying to build any cases. Somehow my POE matches everyone else though to some degree. Which... IDK, is it normal here for people to share the same POE as everyone in the game and to act on it? I would expect people to be suspect of that... OR maybe it is as simple as 3 lurkers?


Every game I've played in has felt different here tbh. This game is remarkably calm and everyone is basically on the same page which is a bit of a weird feeling but I like it.

I get where you coming from. I've not seen a game this serene on tl.net and my number one theory is that its because mafia is afk. I guess it could be that they somehow have this entire situation exactly where they want it to be but they haven't killed anyone and our only lynch was a hit so I would expect more movement from mafia to try and disturb things.

RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 23:08 GMT
#1008
On June 27 2019 08:03 Eywa- wrote:
Where else do you all play mafia?


I once tried playing a game on mafiascum but I didn't like it. The meta is different and I felt more offended by people's aggro because I couldn't detect much of a community element like there is here. The only other games I have played have been here.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 26 2019 23:11 GMT
#1009
Anyway I should go to bed its not good to play mafia drunk when you have to try and explain everything you said the next morning.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 07:35 GMT
#1106
On June 27 2019 16:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Maybe you're right and if you are it means (at least to me) that Pandain is not mafia. I am not sure but i got the feeling that Kelsier was pretty viable option at the time and Pandain was already on Kelsier. From my memory people showed more interest in lynching Kelsier than Shapelog, right? I dont remember what happened there.


You had a conversation with pandain yesterday where the idea to lynch shapelog and then PoE our way to victory came around and I think it was agreed that that is a good way to go.

I have maintained all along that ksc (koshi) is my number one lynch/mafia read. I liked your plan of lynching shapelog first though, it makes sense to me and seems like a decent move.

I'm also hoping that koshi shows up and does something, which makes me slightly more hesitant to throw my vote that way before he's had a chance.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
June 27 2019 07:38 GMT
#1109
On June 27 2019 16:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I never said anything about lynching Shapelog last night phase but this probably makes you look even more townie than before unless for some magical reason both of shapelog / kelsier are town.


OK you're right you wanted a vigi to kill shapelog. I get the difference, but for me that idea works just as well using a lynch on shapelog (given that we have mucho time now to do what we want and get a nice solid PoE going).
RIP Meatloaf <3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft363
Nina 151
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14272
firebathero 116
Hyuk 56
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
febbydoto96
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5456
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2195
JimRising 479
mouzStarbuck426
KnowMe223
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1157
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 43m
INu's Battles
12h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 43m
Replay Cast
23h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.