• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8948 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 109 Next
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2018 15:00 GMT
#161
Also not agreeing on the mocsta push. Call me a dunce but 'crazy' is not usually where I find scum.

Though I will grant that his return has dropped my impression of him.

Like twatty well enough though that shouldn't be confused with agreeing with his reads.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 18 2018 15:55 GMT
#162
On January 18 2018 21:36 Holyflare wrote:
Twat is smart.

yeah
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 18 2018 15:59 GMT
#163
On January 18 2018 22:27 Damerion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2018 22:19 TheTwatyEvildoer wrote:
On January 18 2018 22:09 Damerion wrote:
On January 18 2018 22:01 TheTwatyEvildoer wrote:
On January 18 2018 21:56 Damerion wrote:
Good morning,

I have decided with careful conaideration that Damdred is scum over DarthFoley and Mocsta. Or at least that I would much rather lynch him over both and then reevaluate at that point.

But onto my main point, Damdred is an extremely meta based player and has used exactly 0 points of meta to make his reads this game.

He also is gòing about thw game in a way that is not typical of him, he generally town hunts and only goes after his scum reads day two instead of pushing early day one when he town hunts. He also usually goes off the beaten path and looks where others do not.

And look what he is doing here, he bases his scum read of DarthFoley off one post.

Also I have a slight meta read on Damdred on his word usuage, in that he uses certain words when explaining his reads and he does not use it in any of his posts.

I think Damdred is scum and you all should join me in voting him off.

##vote Damdred


Is meta that thing where people based early reads on a player's past games?

Anyways,

Bold doesn't make since sense everyone who thinks Darthfoley is scum is doing the same.

Can you explain the word usage point more in detail with examples?


Meta is using past experiences with a player/previous games played, and applying it to current actions. Be it tone, how they approach reads etc..

Damdreds is extremely different at this point, especially considering he has paid attention to no town reads and has not really even interacted with anyone besides you and talks to you like you are confirmed town.

Everyone else can do the same, that does not change the fact that Damdred never really goes after low hanging fruit, eapecially with this ferocity.

I hate to give away the meta point, but he can get over it. Damdred is a super excitable player (which also is missing), and so when he feels like he is onto something hardcore he starts spamming the word Like, which always makes him sound like a valley girl but i digress.

The main point is he seems to lack the excitement of finding scum and this changes the way he plays and points towards a scum game instead of town.

Not saying you are wrong, but since I can't vidcate it. I'm going to focus on the last bit because the prior means I either have to trust you, or play with Damdred before.

I will say he seems to at least had a list of town members a page or two back. I don't know if that is what you refer to as town hunting.

He does seem to have a desire to wait it out to vote. Won't comment further since he was around, and I am in treated in how he will respond. So while I do have some opinion on your read on him, I'm not going to give a way for him to get out of your read.


He has BeenThereDoneThat, Holyflare and Rsoultin as his town I believe.

Damdred believes Holyflare is the best mafia player on the site and always hedges on him, so his read on Holyflare seems out of character at the time.

His read on BeenThereDoneThat is based on much less than he normally would give, and no reasoning or interaction with Rsoultin.

Damdred is excellent at finding town, I believe he might be the best in that regard. However this is out of line for him to act this way. I will respect you wanting to wait on him however.

This is true
TheTwatyEvildoer
Profile Joined October 2017
United States34 Posts
January 18 2018 16:01 GMT
#164
On January 18 2018 15:53 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2018 12:49 Kmatt wrote:
On January 18 2018 11:31 Mocsta wrote:
not a jimmy hendrix fan i gather?
purple haze bruh

not interested in why my vote is cast that direction?


Nope, missed that reference entirely. I didn't think much of the vote unless you're on some 4d-chess game and know him to be scum already.


So many itches.

A holyflare who says hi and scrams when he's at the centre of attention. Though it is late and joke votes obvious, still an itch.

Rels hi itchy for similar reasons but less itchy when not center of attention.

Darthfoley passive aggression at someone eager to participate ??? (In retrospect this bugs me most at present)

Prplhz just needs to be swatted with a newspaper.

Mild itchiness with an eager Damdred not being around for game start, but then, it's Damdred; he could have fallen down a set of stairs @.@

I hate phone posting Lazy rsoul should just get on her pc. And yes, itchiness is like a mild form of scummy in case that's not clear. Maybe more accurate to put it as it rubs me wrong and makes me suspicious.


On January 18 2018 23:57 rsoultin wrote:
@.@

I wasn't really giving a shit about Damerion's push on Damdred until Damdred's reaction to it. The meta read was close enough to my impression of Damdred's play to be genuine without necessarily being accurate. But...giddiness as a response sits wrong. What's weird is that's a scum!Artanis reaction to bring pressured/caught. I don't know what to think about it on Damdy.

-pokes hf- You latched on hard to this one. Is it awful that this makes me less rather than more comfortable with the lynch?

On January 19 2018 00:00 rsoultin wrote:
Also not agreeing on the mocsta push. Call me a dunce but 'crazy' is not usually where I find scum.

Though I will grant that his return has dropped my impression of him.

Like twatty well enough though that shouldn't be confused with agreeing with his reads.

So if you don't like the Damdred or Mcosta Rico vote. Then who you want? Holyflare? Darthfoley?

The majority of your posts have just been almost filler in my eyes. You say something, and then instantly contridict yourself. You also seem to have spent a major part of your posts focused on Holyflare, but haven't came to a full read or even pressure him. Just kinda restating comments that show you are suspecious of him, yet never doing anything with it.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 18 2018 16:14 GMT
#165
On January 18 2018 22:33 Damdred wrote:
But I disagree with the read, firstly I do recognize my word usage of the word like has at times.... been extreme. And I am surprised that nobody has really caught it a bit to that point. But once I realized what I was doing a few games ago with getting excited I decided it was time to eliminate it just because as you put it sounding like "a valley girl" is not appealing to me lol.


On January 18 2018 22:33 Damdred wrote:
really interesting you came out against me though, not sure what it makes you. I am a hard target so I give you credit damer for coming at me, but also seems like a way to change conversation away from DF and moc who I guess you have at null?

So hm I guess i'm leaning town on damer seems a bit suicidal way to bring attention to himself in that way especially with the game kinda stale?

So you agree his read is based on something true, but you're not sure what it makes Damerion ? The only reason to think he's town would be "he would be suicidal to attack you as scum" ? Even though you're saying his reasonning for attacking you is right ?
Makes no sense.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 18 2018 16:18 GMT
#166
I agree with this wagon.
Vote Damdred
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 18 2018 16:21 GMT
#167
I also don't like BTDT's first post. Feels weird.
I also don't like rsoul being the Damdred whisperer and being bothered with him but not poking him to get a proper read
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 16:25 GMT
#168
On January 18 2018 23:57 rsoultin wrote:
@.@

I wasn't really giving a shit about Damerion's push on Damdred until Damdred's reaction to it. The meta read was close enough to my impression of Damdred's play to be genuine without necessarily being accurate. But...giddiness as a response sits wrong. What's weird is that's a scum!Artanis reaction to bring pressured/caught. I don't know what to think about it on Damdy.

-pokes hf- You latched on hard to this one. Is it awful that this makes me less rather than more comfortable with the lynch?


Just makes you bad
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 18 2018 17:22 GMT
#169
All of these votes makes me feel special.

Is interesting that Rs didn't even ask me anything just talking about me without a ton of solid conclusion, really intriguing.
TheTwatyEvildoer
Profile Joined October 2017
United States34 Posts
January 18 2018 17:29 GMT
#170
On January 18 2018 22:38 Damerion wrote:
[...]
As for my read on Darthfoley, I think he is null one post does a case not make unless he claimed scum.

I do not like Mocsta posts, however I do not think his ramblings are alignment indicative. So pressure him fine but I do not see it, strange yes but nothing beyond that.

I was worried about him only seeming to have a read on damdred. But it seems strange for him if he is mafia to exclude the other two prime vote targets at the time from his pool. He also didn't seem worried to frabicate a read or what not on them. Bear in mind this is before the damdred votes piled so it would be a major gamble from him to make it impossible to chase Mcosta Rico and Darthfoley based off current suspecious of them.

I felt he was town before, but I think this seals it. Thoughts?
TheTwatyEvildoer
Profile Joined October 2017
United States34 Posts
January 18 2018 17:33 GMT
#171
On January 19 2018 02:22 Damdred wrote:
All of these votes makes me feel special.

Is interesting that Rs didn't even ask me anything just talking about me without a ton of solid conclusion, really intriguing.

Exactly what I stated. So what are you going to do with this logic?

You are currently being voted by four people. Throwing posts shading other players isn't help your case.

Also your "baby" is gung-ho about voting you.
TheTwatyEvildoer
Profile Joined October 2017
United States34 Posts
January 18 2018 17:36 GMT
#172
On January 19 2018 01:21 Rels wrote:
I also don't like BTDT's first post. Feels weird.
I also don't like rsoul being the Damdred whisperer and being bothered with him but not poking him to get a proper read

Hi,

Can you explain what is weird about his post in your eyes?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 18 2018 17:41 GMT
#173
On January 19 2018 02:33 TheTwatyEvildoer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 02:22 Damdred wrote:
All of these votes makes me feel special.

Is interesting that Rs didn't even ask me anything just talking about me without a ton of solid conclusion, really intriguing.

Exactly what I stated. So what are you going to do with this logic?

You are currently being voted by four people. Throwing posts shading other players isn't help your case.

Also your "baby" is gung-ho about voting you.


I really do not care about "pressure" if the only reason you are voting me is to pressure me then it is futile. I work when I want to work and otherwise I roll around the thread until something interesting happens.

And as for being lynched? Well I could probably care more but we will see what happens at eod.

If I am lynched the people who refuse to really take a stand or characterize others for being scummy for doing so (mderg for instance) should be looked at pretty closely, I do not like his postings at this point even if he is defending me.

In any case i'll have some form of team for post game cred before long anyway, you children and my babies just have fun rolling around until I do.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
January 18 2018 17:59 GMT
#174
Oh we started, i'm a read this through in just a little bit.

Good people here though, feels like the old times.
Zerg for Life
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
January 18 2018 18:52 GMT
#175
why did we all damerion and damdred in the same game.

Can we just lynch one of them now to avoid later confusion.
Zerg for Life
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 18 2018 19:51 GMT
#176
I'm back and ready for action.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 18 2018 19:54 GMT
#177
On January 18 2018 22:01 TheTwatyEvildoer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2018 21:56 Damerion wrote:
Good morning,

I have decided with careful conaideration that Damdred is scum over DarthFoley and Mocsta. Or at least that I would much rather lynch him over both and then reevaluate at that point.

But onto my main point, Damdred is an extremely meta based player and has used exactly 0 points of meta to make his reads this game.

He also is gòing about thw game in a way that is not typical of him, he generally town hunts and only goes after his scum reads day two instead of pushing early day one when he town hunts. He also usually goes off the beaten path and looks where others do not.

And look what he is doing here, he bases his scum read of DarthFoley off one post.

Also I have a slight meta read on Damdred on his word usuage, in that he uses certain words when explaining his reads and he does not use it in any of his posts.

I think Damdred is scum and you all should join me in voting him off.

##vote Damdred


Is meta that thing where people based early reads on a player's past games?

Anyways,

Bold doesn't make since sense everyone who thinks Darthfoley is scum is doing the same.

Can you explain the word usage point more in detail with examples?


Not exactly a hot take, but Twat is pretty town. I liked this point in particular. Damerion seems to be making everything Damdred does a part of his "damdred = scum" mindset. What Twat points out seems like confirmation bias imo.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 19:56 GMT
#178
Who are these people calling df scum?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 18 2018 20:02 GMT
#179
On January 18 2018 18:56 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2018 18:39 mderg wrote:
On January 18 2018 18:30 rsoultin wrote:
On January 18 2018 18:24 mderg wrote:
I guess I shouldn't follow the general trend of making 1 or 2 posts and then disappearing into nothingness.

some minor townie points for rsoultin actually trying to play this game btw


Much as that just warms me up inside, I'm way more interested on your thoughts on just about anything else this game. (Also, this is post #2. You haven't broken the cycle yet.)

I'm out. Better things to do than stalk a half-dead thread.

I'm disappointed in hf because the hf I know would be at 10 pages of filter right now.

Mocsta looks like a crazy person, doesn't tell me anything about his alignment. Maybe someone has some meta knowledge.

Everything else is a big ball of nothingness to me.

Its a normal start for HF, youre giving him too much credit. No reason to be disappointed. The whole thing feels weird.

Tina is having a good start, I like her. I also like hfs cream joke since it feels genuine, but that's pretty nai. Im eager to call out afkers and place some votes upon them to get them playing.


BTDT strikes me as someone who's sort of just drifted through the game so far. Granted his filter is only a few posts, but the posts themselves seem careful not to step on any toes.

The progression in this post is scummy to me
1. It's a normal start for HF, you're giving him too much credit.
2. HF's cream joke "feels genuine" (implied town read)
3. But it's NAI (so why imply a town read 3 words beforehand?)

It just feels like a whole lot of hedging on HF.

Im eager to call out afkers and place some votes upon them to get them playing.


This is basically the safest thing mafia can do ever lol. It doesn't ruffle any feathers. Have pressuring AFK people ever actually worked? They're AFK because... they aren't following the game. He also then ignores his own advice and throws a scum read on Mocsta.

I'm not understanding his thought progression at all
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 18 2018 20:03 GMT
#180
I'm also sus of those of you who scumread me for one post where my intention was pretty clear, if you weren't trying to misrepresent me
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
ProTech141
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2993
Shuttle 1561
Sharp 117
Dewaltoss 81
Mong 37
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Other Games
summit1g7690
WinterStarcraft521
C9.Mang0288
Sick124
ViBE120
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• StrangeGG 16
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota259
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
• Stunt316
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 29m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.