• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:17
CEST 13:17
KST 20:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 77 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:00 GMT
#501
HF could you point me at the post slecifically that changed your mind?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 14 2017 18:00 GMT
#502
On October 15 2017 02:59 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 02:55 ruXxar wrote:
On October 15 2017 02:29 Fecalfeast wrote:
scumish
oats - seems mafia, tone read i guess


Can you expound on this? I want to know what you're refering to.

He seems like he's grumpy and while that may not be too different from normal oats it feels to me like he's trying to be adversarial rather than actually find mafia

lol sniped
xenonn40
Profile Joined October 2011
United States282 Posts
October 14 2017 18:01 GMT
#503
On October 13 2017 23:23 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:15 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 22:43 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really



What do you mean by wary of damerion? Town lean, scum lean, null?


I'm just wary of people that are clearly leagues above me in playing forum mafia since they can seem super towny as I'm pretty bad at determining what is scummy behavior vs. what is overly aggressive town behavior etc. etc.

from what I saw from Damerion last game he seems good enough to bamboozle me, so I'm just keeping him at a hard null like I usually do with HF


It's ok to be wary. No need to expend any more energy on him.
You don't need to lynch him right now.
If he's playing and contributing, leave him be for a couple days. Gather more information before you make up your mind.

Strong players are good at masking themselves, so whatever clues you think you see now could just be false positives.
You need to catch them by observing them over a longer period of time.


One thing that I want to say about popping in and out, is I honestly don't really know what to say at this point. Saying things really doesn't seem productive until more happens in the game, but at the same time, I feel obligated to say something to show that I am actually playing the game.

I also feel like until actions in the game develop, trying to make any judgements this early is pointless. Anyone can say whatever they want, and there are no actual actions to compare to.

Along this vein, I don't understand why a VT would say "Thank god I am VT." what does that accomplish? This is why I pointed this out in my first (technically second) post. As Ruxxar says above, I am pretty sure no good conclusions can be made until after the first night.

I did not think Ruxxar was Mafia, a kind of arbitrary opinion at this point, to be honest, but I did think the fact that there were three votes for him immediately seemed suspicious. I felt like only people who have real information (mafia) would have a reason to gang up on someone at this point. If this is right, and we lynched one of Oatsmaster, MrLonelyClock , or happykrogan, we could have a good idea that one of the other two, if not both were mafia, which would give us very helpful information. Since Oatsmaster was the only other person voted for at the time, he was "the only other option" to me.

Going back to my claim "I also feel like until actions in the game develop, trying to make any judgments this early is pointless.", I think I made a mistake by voting when I did, since making actions early seems to be the only thing you can make conclusions from, and voting is an action, especially since I did not explain my thoughts with my vote before going to bed.

On October 14 2017 03:21 Damdred wrote:
Ok, so I feel a little guilty at this point in time and I will try to be tge old Damdred this game.

Fact check away on my reads this train aint got no breaks and i aint got time to quote on phone.

Town Reads:

Damerion, he has this thing he does as town where he will have this skrt of mission statement about how he will approach the game. He has checked that, he gives clear concise reada with hard reasoning behind it, done. He also seems to try to draw people into conversation instead of existing.

Rux rux baby: Off the cuff read, the eay he responds to the pressure is town. Does t care, tries to be helpful and then establishes where he wants to be in the game. I think hes just going to be town for the tone and the lressure, but his reads were not bad.

If anyone tries to lynch rux at least today I will let slip the dogs of war and create chaos.

FF: Hey buddy we should work together, care free attitude. Gives some opinions still a bit weak on a few points, overall would not kynch today.

Gracky: Posts his thoughts, goes against thread sentiment a post or two ago. Seems to be looking where others dont, no lynch today.

Oats: Seemed to be reading the game a d his lressure wasnt horrid. It is defi ately not top town worthy but enough for a pass.

Xenon and nylonelylock are both town i feel for how they approached the game as newbs. Meh they were soitting fire earlier

Everyone else is in this null range besides hf who I love dearly but am ignoring until he wants cuddles.


Based on this, and some other comments I read, I was maybe a bit overconfident that people believed I was town, and so making an earlier vote was not going to draw negative attention to me.


Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 14 2017 18:03 GMT
#504
On October 15 2017 02:53 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 02:52 Damdred wrote:
On October 15 2017 02:42 Holyflare wrote:
NOW you think xenonn is looking bad??????????

he looks so fucking new now


I dont understand what he sis between your vote and you going i like his new posts when he hadnt posted anything oo


I read his filter earlier and went away and was talking about him when I returned without reading his new posts. Then I read his new posts.

Damdred, can you concisely explain why xennon is mafia rather than noob town.

No gg, No skill.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:07 GMT
#505
On October 15 2017 03:01 xenonn40 wrote:
I did not think Ruxxar was Mafia, a kind of arbitrary opinion at this point, to be honest, but I did think the fact that there were three votes for him immediately seemed suspicious. I felt like only people who have real information (mafia) would have a reason to gang up on someone at this point. If this is right, and we lynched one of Oatsmaster, MrLonelyClock , or happykrogan, we could have a good idea that one of the other two, if not both were mafia, which would give us very helpful information. Since Oatsmaster was the only other person voted for at the time, he was "the only other option" to.


This is exactly what I was looking for and makes me understand where you're coming from.
I feel good about you now.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:11 GMT
#506
On October 15 2017 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Well good doctor sir, I think in the mess Damerion posted he did have a good point about Oats, which was masked by his inability to get over a macro read.

So I am willing to listen towards Oats, but the way the sith is acting towards conv is a bit diaconcerting.


I don't like this post of yours damdred.
Damerion was in fact pushing for a grack lynch, not an oats lynch.
Why are you misrepresenting his message?

On October 15 2017 00:57 Damerion wrote:
The meat of the post was about how Grackaroni acted and treated Oatsmaster.

I will admit it is possible a light bus this early is possible, but I will make a decision on that at a later date.

Right now thoughts about Grackaroni would be appreciated as I see him coming more from scum than town in his aplroach at the moment.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 14 2017 18:12 GMT
#507
damerion has a lot less posts than I expected.
And they are all waffely. I hate waffles.
No gg, No skill.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 14 2017 18:13 GMT
#508
that last oats post makes me think he is just an adversarial player in general
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 14 2017 18:15 GMT
#509
I am happy with voting Damerion, anyone else needs to fight me and say why he shouldn't be lynched.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:16 GMT
#510
I will gladly admit that one of the strongest reason I don't want to lynch damerion is because he played like a champ last game.

I feel like this bias is clouding my judgement on him, but it's hard to not want to give him 1 more day at least.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
October 14 2017 18:16 GMT
#511
Just so you guys know I am reading this entire game writeing my thoughts as I am reading for one big post. Then will give you my overall thoughts.
Try TL Mafia!!!
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:17 GMT
#512
On October 15 2017 03:16 Onegu wrote:
Just so you guys know I am reading this entire game writeing my thoughts as I am reading for one big post. Then will give you my overall thoughts.


Before the deadline please.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 14 2017 18:18 GMT
#513
On October 15 2017 03:16 ruXxar wrote:
I will gladly admit that one of the strongest reason I don't want to lynch damerion is because he played like a champ last game.

I feel like this bias is clouding my judgement on him, but it's hard to not want to give him 1 more day at least.


that's not how you should ever play this game, you lynch people that are playing like mafia and he is playing like mafia
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 14 2017 18:18 GMT
#514
On October 15 2017 03:16 ruXxar wrote:
I will gladly admit that one of the strongest reason I don't want to lynch damerion is because he played like a champ last game.

I feel like this bias is clouding my judgement on him, but it's hard to not want to give him 1 more day at least.

Is he playing like a champ this game?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:19 GMT
#515
On October 15 2017 03:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 03:16 ruXxar wrote:
I will gladly admit that one of the strongest reason I don't want to lynch damerion is because he played like a champ last game.

I feel like this bias is clouding my judgement on him, but it's hard to not want to give him 1 more day at least.


that's not how you should ever play this game, you lynch people that are playing like mafia and he is playing like mafia


You're right, let me eat my dinner then re-evaluate.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 14 2017 18:20 GMT
#516
but I'm mafia ruxxar so why am I right?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 14 2017 18:21 GMT
#517
On October 15 2017 03:20 Holyflare wrote:
but I'm mafia ruxxar so why am I right?

WHO KNOWS????
No gg, No skill.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:22 GMT
#518
On October 15 2017 03:18 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 03:16 ruXxar wrote:
I will gladly admit that one of the strongest reason I don't want to lynch damerion is because he played like a champ last game.

I feel like this bias is clouding my judgement on him, but it's hard to not want to give him 1 more day at least.

Is he playing like a champ this game?


He's playing very subpar so far on a relative scale.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 18:22 GMT
#519
I'm calm and content with the fact that I am bad at this game

I would still like this question answered mr. clock man. where'd you go

On October 15 2017 02:02 Conversion wrote:
you also completely ignore the fact that Damdred ignored your question, and you never followed up with it. what's up with that?


Damdred/grack thoughts on Xen post?

leaning towards sheeping HF right now..
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 14 2017 18:23 GMT
#520
The answer is I dont really think Xen is mafia Oats.

I really want hf to answer my question though
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko246
LamboSC2 16
Codebar 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24892
Calm 5448
Rain 2286
Bisu 1138
FanTaSy 732
Hyuk 693
Jaedong 477
Horang2 375
Soma 339
BeSt 244
[ Show more ]
Stork 238
Zeus 228
Rush 194
Larva 172
Mini 147
Light 132
Mong 105
Hyun 102
Pusan 82
Mind 81
Snow 76
ZerO 66
Barracks 58
910 54
ToSsGirL 40
Free 33
Shinee 33
Killer 31
NaDa 30
Sexy 28
Yoon 24
Hm[arnc] 19
Noble 14
sorry 13
Terrorterran 13
sSak 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5340
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1210
byalli1015
shoxiejesuss614
fl0m313
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns52211
singsing1751
B2W.Neo427
dupreeh366
crisheroes241
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2156
Other Games
• WagamamaTV128
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 43m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.