• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:06
CEST 01:06
KST 08:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9340 users

[D] Hosting Games count as sit-outs?

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
July 06 2017 19:53 GMT
#1
On July 06 2017 17:30 Koshi wrote:
You should be able to sit out games that you host.

On July 07 2017 04:49 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2017 17:30 Koshi wrote:
You should be able to sit out games that you host.



This should actually be a thing


Let's vote.

A basic argument in favor is, we want to encourage people to be active and host games, and when they do so it is a service to the community, on par with a new library article for example. It also takes time, time during which someone can't play, so it acts like a ban in this regard. Also, with reduced numbers of games happening per year, sitting out has gotten harder. This will make it easier.

A basic argument against is, this could be something that isn't really a "wait" for someone who is equally interested in hosting or gaming. In the sense of "a ban shouldn't be fun" this may fail in that regard. Also, it's possible that the pool of banned users wouldn't make good hosts in general.

I invite other members of TL Mafia to make arguments and cast their votes.


Poll: Should hosting a game count for a sit out?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): Other

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
beentheredonethat
Profile Joined May 2016
2934 Posts
July 06 2017 20:12 GMT
#2
A basic argument against is, this could be something that isn't really a "wait" for someone who is equally interested in hosting or gaming. In the sense of "a ban shouldn't be fun" this may fail in that regard. Also, it's possible that the pool of banned users wouldn't make good hosts in general.

Since nobody prohibits you from signing up a game while you're hosting this argument shouldn't have too much weight. After all you do have to sit out the full duration of a game, PLUS you have to put in a lot of work while you wait.

It also encourages the idea of helping the community instead of only having personal disadvantages from a ban. I'm all for it.
"Micro tricks like marine splitting, blink stalker micro, and ling/baneling wars were the apex of the game’s achievements; nothing in the world takes your breath away like watching a pro player split marines like a god."
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
July 06 2017 20:56 GMT
#3
On July 07 2017 05:12 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
A basic argument against is, this could be something that isn't really a "wait" for someone who is equally interested in hosting or gaming. In the sense of "a ban shouldn't be fun" this may fail in that regard. Also, it's possible that the pool of banned users wouldn't make good hosts in general.

Since nobody prohibits you from signing up a game while you're hosting this argument shouldn't have too much weight. After all you do have to sit out the full duration of a game, PLUS you have to put in a lot of work while you wait.

It also encourages the idea of helping the community instead of only having personal disadvantages from a ban. I'm all for it.


This is exactly how I feel. I voted yes.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 06 2017 21:09 GMT
#4
This is a quite obvious no brainer. IMO it should count as 2 games.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 06 2017 21:10 GMT
#5
Sounds fine to me.

Would co-hosting apply too?

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 06 2017 21:32 GMT
#6
I think the host should decide if the co-host gets credit.

But yeah I voted yes in this regard
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
July 06 2017 21:51 GMT
#7
I voted yes.
Anything that benefits the TL mafia community should be rewarded and I think this is a good way to do it.

I hope of course that no one is childish enough to abuse the system as to drop out of games they don't like for in-game reasons then make up for it by hosting games.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
July 06 2017 22:12 GMT
#8
On July 07 2017 06:51 ruXxar wrote:
I voted yes.
Anything that benefits the TL mafia community should be rewarded and I think this is a good way to do it.

I hope of course that no one is childish enough to abuse the system as to drop out of games they don't like for in-game reasons then make up for it by hosting games.


I don't think anyone would do that. If that were the case, we'd figure something out.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
July 06 2017 23:10 GMT
#9
i voted other and I'm not gonna give a reason
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
July 07 2017 03:54 GMT
#10
some people enjoy hosting games tho. I dont know why but I voted yes
beentheredonethat
Profile Joined May 2016
2934 Posts
July 07 2017 07:55 GMT
#11
On July 07 2017 12:54 sicklucker wrote:
some people enjoy hosting games tho. I dont know why but I voted yes

I know I do.
"Micro tricks like marine splitting, blink stalker micro, and ling/baneling wars were the apex of the game’s achievements; nothing in the world takes your breath away like watching a pro player split marines like a god."
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 07 2017 13:43 GMT
#12
On July 07 2017 16:55 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2017 12:54 sicklucker wrote:
some people enjoy hosting games tho. I dont know why but I voted yes

I know I do.


Hence why the level of tlmafia hosting has dropped. 😘
Prison Break
Profile Joined April 2017
326 Posts
July 07 2017 13:50 GMT
#13
yes, hosting should be encouraged. don't disagree with it counting for 2 either depending on the kind of ban
beentheredonethat
Profile Joined May 2016
2934 Posts
July 07 2017 14:45 GMT
#14
On July 07 2017 22:43 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2017 16:55 beentheredonethat wrote:
On July 07 2017 12:54 sicklucker wrote:
some people enjoy hosting games tho. I dont know why but I voted yes

I know I do.


Hence why the level of tlmafia hosting has dropped. 😘

That's harsh. Should I stop hosting? If that is legitimate criticism I'll take it but I don't think (hope) it is .
"Micro tricks like marine splitting, blink stalker micro, and ling/baneling wars were the apex of the game’s achievements; nothing in the world takes your breath away like watching a pro player split marines like a god."
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 07 2017 16:23 GMT
#15
On July 07 2017 23:45 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2017 22:43 Damdred wrote:
On July 07 2017 16:55 beentheredonethat wrote:
On July 07 2017 12:54 sicklucker wrote:
some people enjoy hosting games tho. I dont know why but I voted yes

I know I do.


Hence why the level of tlmafia hosting has dropped. 😘

That's harsh. Should I stop hosting? If that is legitimate criticism I'll take it but I don't think (hope) it is .


Nah your games are generally good imo
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-08 02:52:19
July 08 2017 02:51 GMT
#16
I think generally good isn't an appropriate definition.
Besides kitaman, Greymist, Artanis and Half the Sky, beentheredonethat has the best run games from the hosts that have hosted more than one game imo.
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
July 08 2017 08:30 GMT
#17
On July 08 2017 11:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think generally good isn't an appropriate definition.
Besides kitaman, Greymist, Artanis and Half the Sky, beentheredonethat has the best run games from the hosts that have hosted more than one game imo.


You forgot Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 08 2017 09:10 GMT
#18
I dont like that he doeant send out notifications at all in case "not needed" so every time i am blue i have to ask him if he forgot about me or not
table for two on a tv tray
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
July 08 2017 09:17 GMT
#19
Whoa are we forgetting about my excellent hosting skills, which include always promptly doing a post-game writeup
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 08 2017 11:09 GMT
#20
We might remember you by halloween.
table for two on a tv tray
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings16
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1106
ZZZero.O 151
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5737
JimRising 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5590
Other Games
summit1g9846
FrodaN3164
KnowMe212
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie960
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 54m
Replay Cast
23h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.