• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:49
CEST 16:49
KST 23:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7886 users

[M][N] Murder on the Cruise Trip Mafia - Page 142

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 182 Next
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 10 2016 10:21 GMT
#2821
On October 10 2016 09:06 Damdred wrote:
That's a bad case tbh,

The first part is about me being wrong? The game of mafia is about people coming from a place of no knowledge to try to find the people with all of the information and are trying to stay hidden.

Ie most of the time when you role town especially early game (which is where that wad) you will be wrong most of the time sometimes you will be dialed in and be more right than wrong,but most of the time not so much.


Bats at the time of the read_(he even admits as much) that he hadn't taken stances or done much of note. And he did have one post of tinfoil when normally he would have,much more. I can't remember the exact post but was a scenario where someone was scum,and with who etc.

Overall another post about being wrong in my read, which doesn't make me,scum.

A few people agreed with me,that the way super went about interacting with marv will get the negative affects of marv raging and even marv says that is nit the way to go about interacting with him.

This isn't really a point against me really you are losing the context of the situation and painting it scummy.

As for hesitant reads I am allowed those from time to time when I am unsure which way to go. I don't really think it's a point against me as everyone is unsure at points.

Overall your case is a narrative that lacks context and attempts to paint,me as scum,while,ignoring other moving,parts in,the thread.

Its a bad case but I still do not think you are scum just dumb.


This is a bad post. I just want to elaborate on this a bit before I head out.

1. First part is valid (being wrong =/= being scum) but he doesn't stop there. I really really want to emphasise these lines here:

The game of mafia is about people coming from a place of no knowledge to try to find the people with all of the information and are trying to stay hidden.

Ie most of the time when you role town especially early game (which is where that wad) you will be wrong most of the time sometimes you will be dialed in and be more right than wrong,but most of the time not so much.


He literally repeats the game objective and even though he's purporting to come from the perspective of a townie, he doesn't sound like he relates to that at all as he just reiterates obvious information in the most emotionless manner.

The last part especially is just writing words to take up space.

2. Lots of appeals to what other players have been saying and using this to support his points. I do not see town motivation behind using the words of others to convey your points...especially when you are defending yourself.

3. NU has already noted this but the way that Damdred counters the points ("doesn't make me scum/ that point cannot be used against me") is a prominent theme in his posts. He says they don't make him scum but they don't make him town either.

4. His tone is objective as hell and makes him sound detached.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 12:28 GMT
#2822
On October 10 2016 14:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2016 10:49 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On October 07 2016 05:22 Holyflare wrote:
Koshi
Calix
marvellosity
Palmar
justanothertownie
Damdred
Stutters695
NeverUnlucky
Oatsmaster
Superbia
batsnacks, Vanilla town, lynched D1.
Grackaroni

This is my list of potential mafia. Even green flipped bats.

+ Show Spoiler +

Calix
marvellosity
Palmar
justanothertownie
Damdred
Stutters695

Maybe add oats for atrocious night posts but kinda like his style. Maybe remove jat if he goves me a frilly list post of mafia reads. A lot of townish reads can also come back, Superbia very very flimsy town read.



On October 10 2016 02:06 Grackaroni wrote:
On October 09 2016 23:45 Calix wrote:
Question. How involved have Palmar/ Grack/ Oats been in the mislynches?

Stutters/ Scott has either been AFK or jumped on the bandwagon and the only person even remotely involved in the Superbia mislynch was Grack.

I think it'll be useful to note down what each of them did.

We could even divvy it up between us or some shit, lol.

This is incredibly rich. You have hard pushed all 3 flipped town so far. Mafia don't even need to be involved in anything because you are doing everything for them.

At least 2 are mafia from the Marv/JAT/Koshi group because they are reading the game incredibly wrong. One of them is being clueless. The other mafia is between Damdred/Scott.


Common scum-reads: Damdred/Scott/Marv/Jat.

Not true. HF actually went out of his way to say that he does not scumread me right after that. He was also the only player in the game who defended me against some of the sillier accusations against me (calix comes to mind) while basically everyone in the game was calling me mafia to some degree.

The scumreads which the nightkills actually have in common are marv/damdred/scott.

Maybe HF didn't scum-read you, but he still had you in his mafia list for "underwhelming play" to quote him.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 12:28 GMT
#2823
Good Calix post.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 10 2016 12:36 GMT
#2824
I am pretty much busy for the entire day. Lots of work and soccer at 20h00.
Following the thread.
I had a good night of sleep.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 10 2016 13:17 GMT
#2825
Basically if I say it both of you think it's a bad post, even if it is the truth.

If someone else says something against me,it's a good post. Never case against me is bad I explained why.

And I'd rather argue and take part,in the thread while I catch up than read 100 pages and disappear for most of the day.

Also to point out something that calix says, he's trying to use against me (about the marv point) and well it's super important the context of the thread and how marv actually reacted. It matters a lot actually what others/marv himself states after I make my point.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 10 2016 13:31 GMT
#2826
On October 10 2016 22:17 Damdred wrote:
Basically if I say it both of you think it's a bad post, even if it is the truth.

If someone else says something against me,it's a good post. Never case against me is bad I explained why.

And I'd rather argue and take part,in the thread while I catch up than read 100 pages and disappear for most of the day.

Also to point out something that calix says, he's trying to use against me (about the marv point) and well it's super important the context of the thread and how marv actually reacted. It matters a lot actually what others/marv himself states after I make my point.


If his case is bad then kindly show us the town motivation because I am not seeing it. I'll also take some reads plz and an indication of how many pages you've read.

Your first two lines are just you complaining that people are suspicious of you and dislike your posts.

Also you're being selective with what you respond to. That Marv response is...inflating the significance of a minor point which I only flagged up to show a pattern of you using other people to push your points...and ignores the rest of my post where I make far better points.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 10 2016 13:39 GMT
#2827
Also voting palmar cause I liked what marv had to say and think there is a decent chance he's scum.

Still reading though
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 13:41 GMT
#2828
On October 10 2016 22:17 Damdred wrote:
Basically if I say it both of you think it's a bad post, even if it is the truth.

If someone else says something against me,it's a good post. Never case against me is bad I explained why.

And I'd rather argue and take part,in the thread while I catch up than read 100 pages and disappear for most of the day.

Also to point out something that calix says, he's trying to use against me (about the marv point) and well it's super important the context of the thread and how marv actually reacted. It matters a lot actually what others/marv himself states after I make my point.


You have no intent to show that you are town. All you want to do is disprove the case "making you scum" (see bolded text and Point 3 of Calix's response) without making yourself appear as town.

You show no intent to try and solve the game.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 13:45 GMT
#2829
On October 10 2016 22:39 Damdred wrote:
Also voting palmar cause I liked what marv had to say and think there is a decent chance he's scum.

Still reading though

What specifically did you like?
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 10 2016 13:48 GMT
#2830
On October 10 2016 19:21 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2016 09:06 Damdred wrote:
That's a bad case tbh,

The first part is about me being wrong? The game of mafia is about people coming from a place of no knowledge to try to find the people with all of the information and are trying to stay hidden.

Ie most of the time when you role town especially early game (which is where that wad) you will be wrong most of the time sometimes you will be dialed in and be more right than wrong,but most of the time not so much.


Bats at the time of the read_(he even admits as much) that he hadn't taken stances or done much of note. And he did have one post of tinfoil when normally he would have,much more. I can't remember the exact post but was a scenario where someone was scum,and with who etc.

Overall another post about being wrong in my read, which doesn't make me,scum.

A few people agreed with me,that the way super went about interacting with marv will get the negative affects of marv raging and even marv says that is nit the way to go about interacting with him.

This isn't really a point against me really you are losing the context of the situation and painting it scummy.

As for hesitant reads I am allowed those from time to time when I am unsure which way to go. I don't really think it's a point against me as everyone is unsure at points.

Overall your case is a narrative that lacks context and attempts to paint,me as scum,while,ignoring other moving,parts in,the thread.

Its a bad case but I still do not think you are scum just dumb.


This is a bad post. I just want to elaborate on this a bit before I head out.

1. First part is valid (being wrong =/= being scum) but he doesn't stop there. I really really want to emphasise these lines here:

Show nested quote +
The game of mafia is about people coming from a place of no knowledge to try to find the people with all of the information and are trying to stay hidden.

Ie most of the time when you role town especially early game (which is where that wad) you will be wrong most of the time sometimes you will be dialed in and be more right than wrong,but most of the time not so much.


He literally repeats the game objective and even though he's purporting to come from the perspective of a townie, he doesn't sound like he relates to that at all as he just reiterates obvious information in the most emotionless manner.

The last part especially is just writing words to take up space.

2. Lots of appeals to what other players have been saying and using this to support his points. I do not see town motivation behind using the words of others to convey your points...especially when you are defending yourself.

3. NU has already noted this but the way that Damdred counters the points ("doesn't make me scum/ that point cannot be used against me") is a prominent theme in his posts. He says they don't make him scum but they don't make him town either.

4. His tone is objective as hell and makes him sound detached.


1 is not really alignment indicative at all, I said my point and I am right.

2 is not alignment indicative either, and I was pointing out specifically how never was avoiding the context of the thread and making it more than what it was or trying to prove me wrong when I was right.

There is no argument about three as most of the things nu said are nai as I've said before. This isn't a point.

Being objective isn't really a point either...
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 10 2016 13:50 GMT
#2831
Holy shit, so what if you just SAY every single point isn't alignment-indicative? Wow, great defense! We're really going places here, aren't we?

Why did you say them to begin with?! All you have is "I'm not-scum". Well guess what? You're not-town either.

##vote Damdred
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 13:50 GMT
#2832
He did it again.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 10 2016 13:53 GMT
#2833
Make an argument that is actually alignment indicative that doesn't neglect context and I'll give you an answer thatvisnt that doesn't make me scum.

All of your points, both of you, have the same faults.

It doesn't matter if something doesn't make me town either as what you are putting against me isn't alignment indicative.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 10 2016 13:55 GMT
#2834
So you're arguing that every single thing that you've done so far is NAI...this is all being said in a game with multiple strong town-reads on Day 3...

Meaning that you are, by your portrayal of your posts, an ideal lynch because you have done nothing that indicates anything the entire game.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 10 2016 14:08 GMT
#2835
If what you mean to say that I am in the Poe because I was unable to play for roughly 80 hours of,the game and policy at best before I finish reading,game.

I would agree to that, but don't paint it as anything,but policy because that is what it is.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 10 2016 14:11 GMT
#2836
Policy lynch, scum lynch or both...it's still a lynch either way.

Do you have any reads you'd like to give?
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 14:27 GMT
#2837
Wait, so... You are trying to convince me that the NAI guy is supposed to claim one of the remaining town slots there is?

Koshi
Calix
NU

Cop**
Oats

Marv
Palmar
Jat
Scott
Damdred

You think being NAI is enough to claim the last town slot (if you're not cop)? You're going to have to come up with something better if you don't want to be lynched.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 10 2016 14:35 GMT
#2838
Calix, you have to unvote (scott) before you vote for someone else. It is mandatory. c:

If Damdred's town, I see marv, jat, scott as scum.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 10 2016 14:58 GMT
#2839
On October 10 2016 22:39 Damdred wrote:
Also voting palmar cause I liked what marv had to say and think there is a decent chance he's scum.

Still reading though

On what page are you?
I had a good night of sleep.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 10 2016 15:02 GMT
#2840
On October 10 2016 23:58 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2016 22:39 Damdred wrote:
Also voting palmar cause I liked what marv had to say and think there is a decent chance he's scum.

Still reading though

On what page are you?


Atm on 60s but reading filters to compliment and cone with reads when I feel,comfortable
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 432
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32484
Bisu 3049
Shuttle 1749
Hyuk 1358
EffOrt 753
Mini 672
Larva 347
Soma 284
firebathero 246
ZerO 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 110
hero 95
Last 81
Sexy 78
Mong 45
Hyun 44
Killer 42
Pusan 36
ToSsGirL 36
PianO 32
Bale 31
Trap 29
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 20
zelot 16
Rock 11
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7894
qojqva1566
Dendi799
Counter-Strike
fl0m2494
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
crisheroes971
Liquid`Hasu566
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2231
B2W.Neo1343
Beastyqt494
Livibee218
Hui .205
Liquid`VortiX147
ArmadaUGS103
KnowMe98
Mew2King88
elazer67
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 4
• poizon28 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV193
League of Legends
• Jankos2022
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 11m
INu's Battles
21h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.