• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:50
CEST 08:50
KST 15:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9977 users

[M][N]A Wonderful Normal Game of Mafia - Page 39

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 81 Next
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 06 2016 03:18 GMT
#761
Palmar is there any reason not to lynch you? You have played 8000 games surely 40 pages in you have at least some leanings on who is likely to be scum.
Moderator
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 06 2016 03:48 GMT
#762
On May 06 2016 12:18 Mig wrote:
Palmar is there any reason not to lynch you? You have played 8000 games surely 40 pages in you have at least some leanings on who is likely to be scum.

Maybe that he isn't particularly scummy while kush has been openly blue hunting?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 06 2016 03:50 GMT
#763
And that Marv, if scum, would have to make things interesting for himself somehow? A play like this could be it.

I want a better reason for Marv to lunch palmar from Marv. I am not sure about his claim solely because he jumped on palmar specifically.

Do you not know that I, as Mafia, would absolutely shoot you Marv?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 06 2016 04:16 GMT
#764
We know the possible set ups. If marv was fake claiming someone could just counter claim him and we get an immediate mafia kill. Odds that marv is lying are pretty much 0.

As for blue hunting I really dont care about it. I feel like mafia very rarely do anything that is really trying to bait out blues since it would draw attention to themselves. It is townies who do things like that way more often.
Moderator
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 06 2016 04:18 GMT
#765
Sandroba taking a long time to get caught up and give his opinion on things.
Moderator
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 06 2016 05:00 GMT
#766
Fair enough.

But the palmar conclusion is still striking me as too fast
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 06 2016 05:00 GMT
#767
Actually Marv probably knows I would shoot palmar and also that I am a wildcard who is bad to lunch early
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 05:03 GMT
#768
On May 06 2016 05:51 Mig wrote:
Dont trust marv/JAT. Both of them being totally awol this night is a bad sign. Not proof or anything but in general I think mafia post less during the night than town. I know I have been guilty of this a lot as mafia, especially if I am feeling lazy I dont even read the thread some nights. Both are active players that I would expect to usually post some during the night. Combined with marv being worthless. And JAT being kind of meh.

I would expect at least one of marv/palmar/JAT (maybe 2 of them) to be mafia just to make the game fun unless damdred totally randomized the teams. But regardless 1/2 of them and then fill the team out with someone from the etellex/fazers/killing/ricey/slam group.

1) Being awol does not tell you anything about my alignment. All it tells you is that I am really fucking sick and basically used the opportunity to sleep more or less the whole day. Maybe you do not post much at night as mafia. I always post a lot.

2) I 100 % trust damdred to fully randomize his games.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 05:07 GMT
#769
On May 06 2016 06:08 marvellosity wrote:
the fact i got shot kinda implicates Palmar and if my timings are right he should have been playing today and didn't

Yes, it actuall does.
On May 06 2016 06:20 Mig wrote:
At the very least I think we can rule out like an entire scum team of some combo of etellex/killing/fazers/ricey. Marv shot would make 0 sense for them

I could see slam/JAT/palmar all thinking marv shot is good.

Marv is a good shot for every possible mafia team. But it is true that Palmar has a lot of reason to get rid of him before starting to post a lot since marv reads him really well.

AND

This is bs and Palmar doesn't actually believe it:
On May 06 2016 06:50 Palmar wrote:
yeah I'm not mafia because I would never shoot marv. To even suggest that is preposterous

Like, this alone is reason enough to lynch Palmar. The only way I was able to catch Palmar recently is to find things he can't possibly believe and this statement definitely fits the bill.
On May 06 2016 06:51 Palmar wrote:
although the confirmed town marv status thing makes the game much easier to deal with.

I also think every other possible confirmed town should make the game much easier for you than a confirmed marv.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 05:08 GMT
#770
##Vote: Palmar
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 05:13 GMT
#771
Added benefit or trying to lynch Palmar right now is that if he is town this day will be very productive.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 07:15 GMT
#772
On May 05 2016 20:03 Palmar wrote:
yeah he sort of does sometimes.

tbh, he hasn't replaced out so confirmed town.

On May 05 2016 20:04 Palmar wrote:
point is, he will either come back and some point and say something really smart or we'll run out of other people who look like mafia.

Those 2 posts are also really awful tbh.

Palmar probably knows that marv wouldn't replace out as mafia this game.
I remember him saying the "once marv says a smart thing he is town" thing as mafia and it is completely untrue. Marv says smart things regardless of his alignment. Palmar also doesn't need to poe to correctly read marv. It's all a big load of bs.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
May 06 2016 07:56 GMT
#773
Day 2 Votecount

Palmar (3): marvellosity, nnn_thekushmountains, justanothertownie

Not Voting (9): Mig, Fazers, Etellex, DrParnassus, RiceyKins, Palmar, Alakaslam, Shapelog, Killing


Day 2 ends Saturday, May 07 9:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00) in .
TL countdown synchronizes with your device local time and not with the TL server time. It might be inaccurate.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 06 2016 09:25 GMT
#774
justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2016 14:07 justanothertownie wrote:
I could see slam/JAT/palmar all thinking marv shot is good.

Marv is a good shot for every possible mafia team. But it is true that Palmar has a lot of reason to get rid of him before starting to post a lot since marv reads him really well.

AND

This is bs and Palmar doesn't actually believe it:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2016 06:50 Palmar wrote:
yeah I'm not mafia because I would never shoot marv. To even suggest that is preposterous

Like, this alone is reason enough to lynch Palmar. The only way I was able to catch Palmar recently is to find things he can't possibly believe and this statement definitely fits the bill.


-------> joke
JAT
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 06 2016 09:26 GMT
#775
On May 06 2016 12:50 Alakaslam wrote:
And that Marv, if scum, would have to make things interesting for himself somehow? A play like this could be it.

I want a better reason for Marv to lunch palmar from Marv. I am not sure about his claim solely because he jumped on palmar specifically.

Do you not know that I, as Mafia, would absolutely shoot you Marv?

i don't like that you needed mig to explain the obvious to you when i already explained how i couldn't possibly be fakeclaiming

please be a little more diligent in your reading
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 09:30 GMT
#776
On May 06 2016 18:25 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
justanothertownie wrote:
On May 06 2016 14:07 justanothertownie wrote:
I could see slam/JAT/palmar all thinking marv shot is good.

Marv is a good shot for every possible mafia team. But it is true that Palmar has a lot of reason to get rid of him before starting to post a lot since marv reads him really well.

AND

This is bs and Palmar doesn't actually believe it:
On May 06 2016 06:50 Palmar wrote:
yeah I'm not mafia because I would never shoot marv. To even suggest that is preposterous

Like, this alone is reason enough to lynch Palmar. The only way I was able to catch Palmar recently is to find things he can't possibly believe and this statement definitely fits the bill.


-------> joke
JAT

Is that all you have to offer?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 09:31 GMT
#777
On May 06 2016 18:26 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2016 12:50 Alakaslam wrote:
And that Marv, if scum, would have to make things interesting for himself somehow? A play like this could be it.

I want a better reason for Marv to lunch palmar from Marv. I am not sure about his claim solely because he jumped on palmar specifically.

Do you not know that I, as Mafia, would absolutely shoot you Marv?

i don't like that you needed mig to explain the obvious to you when i already explained how i couldn't possibly be fakeclaiming

please be a little more diligent in your reading

Oh please.

You are always making crazy plays to make playing scum more interesting . Everyone knows it.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 06 2016 09:32 GMT
#778
On May 06 2016 18:31 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2016 18:26 marvellosity wrote:
On May 06 2016 12:50 Alakaslam wrote:
And that Marv, if scum, would have to make things interesting for himself somehow? A play like this could be it.

I want a better reason for Marv to lunch palmar from Marv. I am not sure about his claim solely because he jumped on palmar specifically.

Do you not know that I, as Mafia, would absolutely shoot you Marv?

i don't like that you needed mig to explain the obvious to you when i already explained how i couldn't possibly be fakeclaiming

please be a little more diligent in your reading

Oh please.

You are always making crazy plays to make playing scum more interesting . Everyone knows it.

firstly, no i don't?

secondly, i've never no-shot and i never will

thirdly, it's still a nonsensical play in this situation as already explained and i don't go for nonsensical plays
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 06 2016 09:34 GMT
#779
On May 06 2016 18:32 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2016 18:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 06 2016 18:26 marvellosity wrote:
On May 06 2016 12:50 Alakaslam wrote:
And that Marv, if scum, would have to make things interesting for himself somehow? A play like this could be it.

I want a better reason for Marv to lunch palmar from Marv. I am not sure about his claim solely because he jumped on palmar specifically.

Do you not know that I, as Mafia, would absolutely shoot you Marv?

i don't like that you needed mig to explain the obvious to you when i already explained how i couldn't possibly be fakeclaiming

please be a little more diligent in your reading

Oh please.

You are always making crazy plays to make playing scum more interesting . Everyone knows it.

firstly, no i don't?

secondly, i've never no-shot and i never will

thirdly, it's still a nonsensical play in this situation as already explained and i don't go for nonsensical plays

At least I am not the only one missing jokes. Instantly makes me feel better.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 06 2016 09:34 GMT
#780
On May 06 2016 12:18 Mig wrote:
Palmar is there any reason not to lynch you? You have played 8000 games surely 40 pages in you have at least some leanings on who is likely to be scum.

As I said, I have been very much afk. I have barely read any people. I opened Etellex's filter yesterday because he seemded to be the alternative to the tubesock lynch.

What I'm currently, roughly, working with is something like this:

Townie
Marv. The shot claim can be instantly counterclaimed if there are blues that contradict the veteran claim. Thus he's got to be town.
Maybe town
JAT. I had him as my biggest townread early on day 1, mostly because he had a lot of activity and didn't sound off. But now he wants to kill me for making jokes that he didn't get, which is meh.
Mig, mostly for tryharding, I haven't gone back and actually read the case on tubesock, or his actual filter but still, sounds like he wants to do things.
Etellex, mostly for just not really sounding like mafia
null
kush. I don't know if his weird fascination with lynching me is just an excuse to actually do things.
Shapelog, not read his filter, just noticed that his preferred way of talking about things this game seems to be to randomly troll whatever conversation is going on. no idea if this is the correct impression or if it actually means anything.

Computer says mafia
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 81 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 263
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 262
Dewaltoss 112
sSak 44
Bale 36
NotJumperer 28
ZergMaN 21
Noble 14
Icarus 7
yabsab 7
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Other Games
summit1g10846
Sick193
Nina85
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1007
• Lourlo944
• Stunt502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 11m
Replay Cast
16h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.