• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:58
CEST 10:58
KST 17:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10157 users

Really Small Mafia II - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 19 2015 00:51 GMT
#1101
Ah! looks like the game is actually over. I'll make an endgame post with DP victorious as scum then since all players agree, the obs QT is emptying into the thread, and so on.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 19 2015 00:51 GMT
#1102
End Game


raynpelikoneet and Rels the Vanilla Townie have jointly awarded this game to scum!
DarthPunk the Scum Goon is victorious!

Mafia Victory


Observer Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/uesgfdP8vTyC
Scum Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/ubDcFriRT2WR
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 19 2015 00:59 GMT
#1103
Though it's not my post I will say it became incrediblys difficult after I died.

I think the problem came to much a 1 v 1 between Rels and art. Rels spent to much time focusing one way and rs to willing to die instead of looking at dp.

While we both accepted dp to quickly d1 I think a lot of problems came from focusing on x & y and ignoring someone else. But I don't blame rayn
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-19 01:09:32
December 19 2015 01:06 GMT
#1104
Sorry for the slow reply! I was not really following along, mostly just on hand in case the host couldn't make a post or needed to hand off control of this game-- I'm pretty tied up this holiday season. Some thoughts, taking a look at how things ended:

On December 19 2015 01:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2015 01:19 DarthPunk wrote:
On December 19 2015 01:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 19 2015 00:56 Rels wrote:
Actually if you're scum I town!concede. DP can you do the same ? So we don't have to waste even more time doing shit that have no purpose.

this is fucking bullshit i don't wanna deal with in any game.


I think it breaks some unwritten rules. But even then. I am not scum so I don't know if he is actually cheating.

The reason i decided to invite people to play is because i don't wanna play with people who are stupid, who fail to vote or just fucking afk and get modkilled, or people who can't prove they are town, and instead of trying use cheap fucking shit to do that...

On December 19 2015 01:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Like, i get people acting / faking acting emotional and all that shit. There is nothing wrong with it and it should be considered null in every case, unless you can prove the town motivation for it based on the stuff IN THE GAME!

Asking someone to concede "if they are the same alignment you are" is just fucking bullshit.
You guys are not the same alignment.



So, basically to explain what happened to people who read this game in the future. The Facts:

This game was in 3-player LYLO with 1 scum includes Rels, raynpelikoneet, and DarthPunk (Scum). DarthPunk and Rels crossvoted, and raynpelikoneet had to figure out who was scum. He initially voted Rels, and there was some discussion, but Rels was having trouble convincing Rayn of anything. This was frustrating for Rels. Then he made this post at rayn:

On December 19 2015 00:56 Rels wrote:
Actually if you're scum I town!concede. DP can you do the same ? So we don't have to waste even more time doing shit that have no purpose.


Rayn reacted to this by saying that DarthPunk was therefore obviously scum, because Rels acting like this was the kind of meta, emotional, out-of-game appeal that only town would do. DarthPunk tried to play it cool and claim he was still town, of course.

The situation made rayn really really mad. He thought this ruined the game, and he had put a lot of effort into assembling a player list who wouldn't resort to such underhanded tactics as "meta things people only ever do as town" in a desperate effort to win.

Rayn said the game was over and ruined. DarthPunk said "let's call it a draw". Rayn decided DP deserved the victory.

-----

My Opinion as a co-host:

To be clear, this game, and all games, should and do contain NO MECHANIC for town to concede. The only reason I went along the concession this time with it is that DP admitted he was scum, offered the draw, and people came out of the obs QT and talked in thread. This game was definitely over. By the rules I would run as host, or in my opinion, any reasonable person would run as host, "I hereby concede if I'm town and all the other townies write this" means NOTHING. The only side that can concede is scum, because they can do so in the scum QT without this weird shit happening.

Rayn notes that players don't do the kind of thing Rels does when they're scum, and for the most part, he's right. Most players, when town, are willing to play dirty (but within the rules) to win, by saying things like "I ##Town!Concede alongside DP to you, rayn" as town but never as scum. Personally, I'm not like that. In fact, I'm notorious for my willingness to cross every boundary to win as scum, when most people only do that as town.

I think everyone should be like me. rayn probably thinks the same thing; it would avoid this kind of problem, since then this stuff would never be alignment indicative.

Rels thinks he's like me, and rayn read him as town for the wrong reasons. Rels things he'd do this as scum. I'd like to think most people are willing to do this. Rayn, I'd like to have seen you play this game out, I know you put a lot of effort into organizing it and don't like the stunt Rels pulled. If he'd pulled it as scum, though... well, I guess what I'm saying is, you didn't account for the fact Rels could have pulled this as scum. Which was correct, but still.

In any case, Rels, what you did here wasn't in bad taste if you're willing to do it as scum. If it's something you'd only do as town, well, that's fairly lame. Rayn, I wouldn't have ended the game here in your position. I think DarthPunk could have still gotten a lynch on you in conjunction with Rels, and denying him the opportunity to show of his skills in such a way is disappointing. DarthPunk, you were good.

I'll add a thing to my OPs saying town can't concede, just to be clear so there's no misunderstanding in the future.

And to be clear, I would always use something like this as scum, rayn. I may be alone in that, but I hope someday other scum players learn to be ruthless.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 19 2015 01:11 GMT
#1105
Thanks to everyone for playing! it was an exciting game to be sure. Thanks to rayn for organizing this great game, and LM for the hosting!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 19 2015 01:13 GMT
#1106
Yeah it's okay BH.
Thanks for hosting guys! <3
table for two on a tv tray
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
December 19 2015 03:02 GMT
#1107
Oh snap, this is the game I missed? Damn, I forgot about it or I would have at least read it!

GGs everyone (probably, who knows).
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 19 2015 06:01 GMT
#1108
hey marv you shouldn't post in the scum QT when your nuts are hanging already...
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-19 21:29:09
December 19 2015 15:08 GMT
#1109
On December 19 2015 09:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2015 05:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:39 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 19 2015 04:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Rayn, you really need to stop letting people buddy you so easily :p

except this game had nothing to do with "people buddying me so easily".

If you say so...

yeah i say so.
care to elaborate?

No, it should be quite obvious what I am talking about and I really have 0 intention of arguing about it ^^
If you think you did not let mafia shamelessly buddy you in the recent game we played together and this one then I won't try to change your opinion.

well hey, fuck you then.
fuck you so much.
I fucking tried to solve this fucking shit to best of my abilities and apparently it was not enough.
But you, fuck you you piece of shit for not even fucking telling me where i went wrong on.
Fuck you and your "haha's".

It's not a "haha" it was legit advice. Look at how DP talked about and to you. Never really doubted you, always praised the shit out of you.

Of course you tried to solve the game. I am also not saying that it was easy at all or that you should have been able to. I am just pointing out that this was the second time in a row that you townread mafia at least partly for this behaviour. You need to understand how easy it is to townread you for "the right reasons" as mafia once someone knows you.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2015 15:20 GMT
#1110
-rolls back through the thread-

sorry to ppl expecting a try-hard rsoul...at least i didn't annoy the shit out of everyone this time! lol

-rolls back out-

also <3 at rayn...you were a joy to play with this game ^^ i like this rayn
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 19 2015 15:28 GMT
#1111
-rolls over-
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
December 20 2015 00:37 GMT
#1112
lol wtf that ending
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
December 21 2015 08:35 GMT
#1113
rayn, I've thought about it during the weekend and actually I think you had no right to decide to concede for town. I would have made this post as either alignement and it didn't break any "unspoken rule" like DP and you have suggested.
I don't think I would have convinced you to vote DP over me based on a lot of logical things pointing at me being scum (I'm pretty sure I would have voted myself in your position), so it's no big deal though.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 29 2015 10:30 GMT
#1114
On December 20 2015 00:08 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2015 09:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:39 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 19 2015 05:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 19 2015 04:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Rayn, you really need to stop letting people buddy you so easily :p

except this game had nothing to do with "people buddying me so easily".

If you say so...

yeah i say so.
care to elaborate?

No, it should be quite obvious what I am talking about and I really have 0 intention of arguing about it ^^
If you think you did not let mafia shamelessly buddy you in the recent game we played together and this one then I won't try to change your opinion.

well hey, fuck you then.
fuck you so much.
I fucking tried to solve this fucking shit to best of my abilities and apparently it was not enough.
But you, fuck you you piece of shit for not even fucking telling me where i went wrong on.
Fuck you and your "haha's".

It's not a "haha" it was legit advice. Look at how DP talked about and to you. Never really doubted you, always praised the shit out of you.

Of course you tried to solve the game. I am also not saying that it was easy at all or that you should have been able to. I am just pointing out that this was the second time in a row that you townread mafia at least partly for this behaviour. You need to understand how easy it is to townread you for "the right reasons" as mafia once someone knows you.

Well i am really sorry but it sounds like "haha" unless you are able to provide me some further analysis on why i should have scumread DP. I pointed out every single game where i have been town with DarthPunk EVER in my mafia history. I discussed them in detail with other people in the game and nobody could give me any explanation on why "Look at how DP talked about and to you" makes him scum because that's how he acts towards me when i am town. I lterally asked everyone about this.. every single person in the game, and noone was able to give a SINGLE reason for me being wrong on what i said. Not even fucking Rels could give ANY REASON for DP being mafia when he basically 100% knows DP has to be mafia on D3, no.. instead he makes a conclusion that "rayn must be scum" when i lead a lynch on scum on D1 -- which is something i would never ever do in that situation.

What's even more disgusting is that it's somehow MY fault in your opinion... i should have for some fucking reason realize DP is scum when literally noone else in the game could do that aswell.... And the fact is DP read me town for the right reasons. My Damdred read is something i will never ever do as scum -- regardless of Damdred's affiliation. Me leading a lynch on marv when i could have probably voted on any fucking other player at the end of D1 is something i will never ever do as mafia. Those are the reasons DP read me town for -- and those are the EXACT reasons why i was town in this game. It's BS to say it is "sucking my dick" instead of just "being right for the right reasons".

Rels could have saved that on D3, when i asked him "who would you have nightkilled if you were scum", because the N2 kill was the ONLY thing that pointed towards DP more than it did to Rels. Unfortunately he gave the ONLY answer that made the night kill a null tell.

The only thing i regret is that i lynched the Hydra. Which is why i am never going to listen to anyone ever again over my own reads.

But yeah, if you want to give advice -- give advice. What you did was not giving advice.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 54 55 56
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 854
Soulkey 315
Larva 209
Soma 199
Mind 69
ZerO 63
soO 29
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
zelot 8
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Counter-Strike
edward142
Other Games
summit1g8836
singsing1486
gofns1328
Coldzera 685
WinterStarcraft636
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)9
Pyrionflax8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick665
BasetradeTV226
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Jankos2354
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.