• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:01
CEST 04:01
KST 11:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)23Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9246 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 170 Next
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
November 03 2015 22:16 GMT
#861
REMINDER:

The current voting phase ends in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) today.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 22:53 GMT
#862
I think I'll be going to sleep... But let's (hopefully) consider the next team tomorrow. Of course input is welcome in the meanwhile.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 22:54 GMT
#863
And if it goes through.... hope for the best, I guess?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 23:10:03
November 03 2015 23:00 GMT
#864
Day 1
Half the Sky Nomination (Half the Sky, raynpelikoneet, kitaman27)

Vote Result

Half the Sky - NO
Xatalos - NO
Artanis[Xp] - NO
raynpelikoneet - NO
ShoCkeyy - YES
Rels - NO
sicklucker - NO
kitaman27 - NO
Superbia - NO

MISSION IS REJECTED

Day 1
Xalatos' Nomination Phase

Phase will end in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 4 November 2015.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 03 2015 23:06 GMT
#865
Half-here. Was general consensus no at EoD?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 03 2015 23:07 GMT
#866
So sad. Information baiting is important in resistance.
Minimal effort.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
November 03 2015 23:07 GMT
#867
Admin Note: I have updated the 'Important Posts' section of the OP, and will continue to keep it updated from now on.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 03 2015 23:10 GMT
#868
On November 04 2015 08:06 Superbia wrote:
Half-here. Was general consensus no at EoD?


I think so, it pretty much seemed like a few people were going to say no.
Life?
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 23:12 GMT
#869
Couldn't resist staying up a bit later..... And pretty funny how nobody dared to accept except shockeyy :D

Even you didn't accept, HTS?

Well, I guess it's good to have more time to consider regardless..

Basically what I was considering was either me+rayn+?(HTS/Artanis/SL probably)

OR

kita+shockeyy+Rels

But I'd definitely like to hear at least rayn's input beforehand...

Basically the latter option is good if there are 0, 2 or 3 scum included. Actually that's kind of true regardless of the team.. Well, I'd hope we could be capable to arrive at a team with 0 or 3 scum.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 23:14 GMT
#870
On November 04 2015 08:06 Superbia wrote:
Half-here. Was general consensus no at EoD?


Yeah, basically, actually I think kita said he was going to say yes but ended up saying no apparently.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 23:17 GMT
#871
Superbia is kind of a question mark to me right now... I really hope people would step up in activity today.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 23:18 GMT
#872
Well, it's more than just Superbia who are question marks tbh Not really confident if we could name a 3 scum mission atm
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 03 2015 23:18 GMT
#873
And cya tomorrow...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
November 03 2015 23:42 GMT
#874
On November 04 2015 01:28 Rels wrote:
A part of HTS' play that makes no sense coming from town

HTS was willing to nominate a team without herself yesterday. She didn't do it in the end, but she mentionned it multiple times. Furthermore, she recently said to Xatalos (the next leader in line) that she was OK not being part of his team if he found someone else.

This makes no sense from a town perspective for three reasons:

1.
You're only 100% sure of your alignment in this game. To form a 3-men team you're confident in, having one 100% confirmed townie in it is extremely rassuring. Proof: kita's maths about whether town leaders should include themselves in their team or not. At random, you go from 36% success rate to 18%. Now you won't pick your team at random; but it makes no sense to consider removing yourself from your team, or suggesting to not be part of a team, since the chances of the team succeeding goes up by a lot.

2.
If you're scum, the team will fail. So it makes sense to consider removing yourself from your own team if you're scum, 'cause that seems logical to you, even if you pretend being town in thread.

3.
Lastly, it means HTS is more concerned about having a team being accepted than having a team succeeding. She wants to be read as town, and for that she's OK submitting a team that is agreed upon by the thread sentiment, even if that means she is not part of the team herself. For an example of this, I bolded a particular sentence in the third quote below.

I actually thought rayn was baiting HTS to do it yesterday in this post:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think you should try to find two townreads besides Superbia if you think that's possible when you have read everything closely.

But that wasn't the case.

Sources:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 00:46 Half the Sky wrote:
I'm looking at a three-hour delay for my flight home. Fuck this weather.

That is going to put me close to deadline, so I am going to keep my primary submission to what it is now, and then have an alternate submission up ASAP so you people can discuss it before and then I will state what I'm going to do before I get on the plane. If I had to pull myself off the team, it'd be right now - Xata/rayn/Superbia.

I'm feeling better about Xata but not as good as with Super/rayn and I don't believe sicklucker and Artanis will bleed town for me in time for deadline or even before I leave Berlin, if I even do.

Also I don't feel Rels' TMI argument on superbia is valid, but will double check the rest of his followup.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 01:50 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 03 2015 01:43 Rels wrote:
Alright leaving work.
HTS, I won't vote a team you or Superbia are part of atm. Obviously that could change between now or deadline. I'm OK with Xata / kita / rayn / me.


Going to be blunt, that's not happening, Kita is definitely not happening right now, if I swap Superbia out, it's probably going to be for Xata, and right now I'm not sure of anyone else to swap me out unless I went Superbia/Xata/rayn.

*yawn*

Thankfully this doesn't need to be unanimous. What is concerning is the lack of reads from a lot of people (inactives aside) because other than Rels saying he won't vote for certain teams, not knowing what teams are going to pass makes this doubly difficult.

I know where rayn, Rels and Xata stand, kita to a lesser extent, the rest....shit. I'm hoping as the day wears on, we'll see more activity from the NA-based players (or at least I can resolve Kita). If I'm home on time, I should have at least 30m to see if I last minute swap someone.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 07:02 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 03 2015 06:56 kitaman27 wrote:
On November 03 2015 06:49 Half the Sky wrote:
##nominate: kitaman27, raynpelikoneet, Half the Sky

Still on my way home everyone.


So you view yourself, me, rayn, super, and xatalos as trustworthy? Not a lot of wiggle room there with the nulls. Kinda similar to what had me concerned with xata earlier.

Or did something that xata or super post move them over to your spy list?

I don't mind this nomination as much as the other two....but I'd be much more satisfied with it coming back up for vote later on in the first cycle so I'd have a better grasp on you and rayn. Still not thrilled about accepting a team 24 hours into the game.


Right now, I'm most certain on you, rayn, superbia. Less so on Xatalos compared to you three but I don't think he's a spy. The three of you - reads are partially based on meta but still conducive to how you have still played this game so far.

For tactical reasons I could swap myself out but seeing as there is only one person disputing my inclusion on the team (who I'm not townreading anyways), it makes more sense to keep myself on the team with my two most certain townreads.

Also agreed on the 24h thing, IRL really cut into my playing time, but it is what it is.

Right before deadline + thread sentiment excuse:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 07:57 Half the Sky wrote:
4 mins left.

Could pull myself off and go with Rayn/Superbia/Kita.

But there are too many people not digging at least one of these as town.

Talking about Xatalos' team:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 23:01 Half the Sky wrote:
So Xatalos, you're after me, assuming this team is a write-off (seeing as only one person is voting to pass it), I'd say nominate yourself and rayn for sure. I'd also say to vote me, but if you don't trust me, then I'd say see what happens the rest of this cycle and then tomorrow (when the torch passes to you) and then make the decision.

I know where rayn is coming from with Artanis/SL, but I agree with you that Artanis could be either alignment and sicklucker saying you're spy for omgus-like reasons....I don't know about the latter.



i like this post
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
November 03 2015 23:44 GMT
#875
On November 04 2015 01:55 Half the Sky wrote:
Rels, that has to be one of the worst posts I've ever read in my time on TL mafia. I normally don't make those types of statements but what you've said shows you've never played Resistance before, or you're trying to very seriously reach for a way to scumread me.

First, none of what you said has made me mafia. Zero. From RL resistance, there are situations where you don't want to have yourself on the team. There is nothing wrong with pushing to get the team you have accepted (even without yourself on it) provided you have the right thinking - yes you are obviously most sure of yourself, there's no denying that, but if you put someone else on, a good town will take you to task to make sure you aren't putting a scumbuddy on. I am not oblivious to that fact.

If you're town, which I am, and there's a group that doesn't trust you on the team, the only way you're going to show that you are town or even get people to remotely trust you is to go scumhunting and put up three people that you've done some reliable legwork on, show you don't have an agenda as to who you are putting up. There's nothing wrong with swapping yourself out for people that are more universally townread provided you have a basis for doing so. If you cannot sell yourself for being on the team for whatever reason or if people are less sure of you as opposed to others then that is one of a few arguments to not have yourself on a team. If I want to test out a group of people (not the case here as it's the first mission) to try and PoE someone that's another reason to leave yourself off since you know what you are.

Is it suboptimal? In some cases, yes. Is it risky? Of course, you're most sure of yourself. Does it make someone mafia? LOL no.

It's not rocket science. If people can't see what you're working with then that's on the rest of town (just as how a lynched townie and the town shame some proportion of blame).

If anyone wants to argue that I do have an agenda in who I am putting up or my reads are malicious, etc etc that's different but that isn't the argument you are making.

My concern isn't really looking good - I've said at least twice now that if my team fails, big deal. My concern is being transparent enough to be read as town and if I can't get on teams, make sure the right people do. *yawn*

rayn is fine asking me to provide multiple reads. I saw nothing wrong with that. It will be critical for future missions when we need more people.

And once my teams were posted anyone can read the thread, follow up that no one is going to see it get passed and there's nothing wrong or mafia about talking about the next team and utilising your time so that the first mission is assembled right. I can't change my lineup and the discussion on Kita (between rayn/Xata/myself) as to why Kita wasn't a safe pick was fine as discussions on the next team. There is no reason that in of itself makes anyone mafia. It is entirely possible that in this next 24 hours I may find a reason to doubt my own picks. (Less time to decide the teams (24 hours) means that the chances of the team being flawed is higher than our standard 48 hour timeframes to lynch mafia in our normal games.)

The first mission is really important to get right if you know the mechanics of resistance, there were 7h left in the phase, thread isn't as collectively active as it could be at points, so I'm working with what I have. If I want to think ahead to the next phase, there's no reason that makes anyone mafia, me or whoever.

Maybe you have never played Resistance, but wow, I didn't think you'd bottom out like that, but somehow you managed to prove me wrong.

Even rayn said earlier that there are situations you don't want to have yourself on the team so I'm surprised (unless I missed it) you haven't jumped on that point at the time it was made.

Not surprised though, considering you are likely a spy. *yawn*


wow!
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 03 2015 23:52 GMT
#876
We're not doing a 3-scum mission. That's shit.
Minimal effort.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
November 03 2015 23:52 GMT
#877
On November 04 2015 06:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Also Kita is town by sheer effort and all that meta business.


I think thats a dumb reason to townread people in resistance. Mafia have more motivation to try especially early in the game
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 03 2015 23:52 GMT
#878
I'm not caught up at all and won't be for now. I have approx 15m before sleepytimes.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 03 2015 23:53 GMT
#879
That being said, sicklucker, what are your thoughts this game?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 03 2015 23:57 GMT
#880
Don't leave me hanging.
Minimal effort.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13510
Rain 2231
Artosis 615
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 20
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever629
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
Doublelift4812
Counter-Strike
taco 512
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1637
ArmadaUGS346
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1232
WinterStarcraft533
Other Games
summit1g8836
Day[9].tv716
JimRising 620
PiGStarcraft215
C9.Mang0200
Maynarde159
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick854
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv716
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h
OSC
11h
Stellar Fest
11h
OSC
22h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.