• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:41
CEST 13:41
KST 20:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10706 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 146

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 196 Next
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
October 28 2015 19:34 GMT
#2901
On October 29 2015 04:21 Xatalos wrote:
Btw gumshoe, I'm not sure how much that argument helps, since it kind of just aligns with whatever you otherwise find scummy? Like if you found me and BH scummy, it would just equally align with those reads? But I guess it's worth pursuing whatever ways to solve the game


yes : P yes it would. But your objectively not scummy, therefore if I tried to tie you to this rayn thing, it just wouldnt work. It only works on hope and onegu cause there is a doubt that they are town.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 28 2015 21:02 GMT
#2902
Alright I've been staring at Vivax's stuff for a while now and I don't think I'm really getting anywhere. I still like a lot of what he posts this game because his thoughts sound pretty town to me and he posts his thoughts a lot. There have been a few things that I didn't like (his read on me/the way he jumped on ritoky/his avoiding voting GB D2), but I'm not sure if that's just because I disagree with what he's saying. I looked at his meta too but I don't think I got anything out of it, I thought I was feeling town at first but as I looked at it more I think I might have just been confirmation biasing. So I guess in total I feel slightly less sure about him? But not very much.
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 28 2015 21:43 GMT
#2903
Most of GB's posts on Vivax

- "I'm used to see Vivax being paranoid town and him giving a bunch of town reads right out of the blue does not looks like his standard gameplay." #491 (first posts)

- "I disagree with everyone, being confident =/= being straight forward and giving unexplained town passes, especially from a guy that I remember seeing flipping his reads constantly based on tinfoil theories. Here I see a guy with static reads that are never updated" #737 (list post)

- "He has yet to explain the townreads, his activity dropped, his reads are static." #774 (post to rayn D1)

- "He comes back, jokes about stuff, says some random stuff about killing me, but actually talks about nothing else in the game. His read on yamato has vanished, too." #1114 (end of D1)

- "Vivax called Yamato scum for being inactive (in less than 24 hours in the game). When yamato turned against me, Vivax gave him a very weird townread (it felt like a joke, Vivax said it was an actual townread). Yamato is inactive now. Vivax never talks about him anymore. He only supports my lynch when people talk about it." #1808 (D2)

- "Vivax has displayed some townie posts, I must agree, but his overall gameplay seems scummy to me. He doesn't feel engaged to win. He hasn't done anything memorable." #2818 (D3)


I was looking through GB's filter again, and I noticed how his reasons for his read on Vivax really change a lot throughout the game. His actual read is completely static, but the reasons completely change and GB gives no sign of how his read is evolving.

For example, he starts by saying that Vivax isn't paranoid enough, but hasn't mentioned that in a long time. Instead he talks about yamato and how Vivax forgot about his read on him, but then he also didn't mention that again today? The only reasons he's given today are the ones in the last bullet point, which are basically completely unrelated to the ones he's given before.

Basically, if the other reasons from earlier still apply, then why hasn't GB mentioned them at all? And if they don't apply anymore, then why has his read not shown any signs of reevaluation?
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 28 2015 21:46 GMT
#2904
Kind of feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but it's something I noticed.

I also looked at GB's meta again, and it made me really confident again. This is totally, completely different from his town games. His town games remind me a lot of mine, and this is nothing like it.

Noticed this post from rayn again, and it made me feel better again about our direction:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/496215-mini-mafia-the-kinda-vanilla-experience?page=127#2536
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 28 2015 21:47 GMT
#2905
Still going to give ritoky and BH's filters a thorough look to make sure I'm not missing something big, but I think if we lynch GB/Onegu/Hopeless we will AT LEAST get to final three. I think we'll probably just win, but I really don't see any way for two of them to be mafia.
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 28 2015 21:48 GMT
#2906
On October 29 2015 06:47 Chromatically wrote:
Still going to give ritoky and BH's filters a thorough look to make sure I'm not missing something big, but I think if we lynch GB/Onegu/Hopeless we will AT LEAST get to final three. I think we'll probably just win, but I really don't see any way for two of them to be mafia.

*to be town, that is
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 23:54 GMT
#2907
Hm yeah, that is a pretty extreme tunnel.... Though he did mention that Vivax has "made some townie posts"? Well, that's a very vague description, I agree. And Vivax has just remained safely scummy throughout the game even if the reasons change :/

Can't say I'm really sad if we solve him today.

Might even vote for him closer to deadline if you think GB is a much better option than Onegu, Chromatically.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
October 29 2015 00:08 GMT
#2908
Day 3 Vote Count


Onegu (3): gumshoe, Xatalos, Blazinghand, GlowingBear
GlowingBear (2): Vivax, Chromatically, gumshoe

Not Voting (4): Hopeless1der, Onegu, ritoky, gumshoe

Looks like it's time to sack Onegu for being a traitor!
Day 3 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

The quality control list is here.
The automated list counter is here.
Only votes on this list will be counted.

Please mind the deadline as failure to vote will result in a modkill.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 29 2015 02:25 GMT
#2909
On October 29 2015 08:54 Xatalos wrote:
Hm yeah, that is a pretty extreme tunnel.... Though he did mention that Vivax has "made some townie posts"? Well, that's a very vague description, I agree. And Vivax has just remained safely scummy throughout the game even if the reasons change :/

Can't say I'm really sad if we solve him today.

Might even vote for him closer to deadline if you think GB is a much better option than Onegu, Chromatically.

Yay! I can't argue for Onegu at all, but GB is much surer to me.

I think it might be a good idea for people to consolidate more on one wagon prior to deadline? It seems like most people are pretty okay with Onegu or GB, and I'm a little worried about a situation where the wagons are 4-4 and Hopeless gets the deciding vote or something. Maybe that would deprive us of some voting information but I'm not sure how helpful that is at this point.
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 29 2015 02:30 GMT
#2910
Hopeless has not posted in two real life days, Onegu has posted once this phase 24 hours ago. Not sure what to think of that or if it doesn't matter? Hopeless looks like he's just heading for a modkill (which could theoretically screw us over but he would be lynched at some point I guess). Onegu's been posting so it's strange that he hasn't today.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
October 29 2015 04:27 GMT
#2911
wife surprised me with sounders playoff tickets. won't be here until around deadline. WE WONNNNN SDGHDSGHSJGBSDGBKD
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 29 2015 04:35 GMT
#2912
Read ritoky and BH's filters, still town on them. I think it's possible BH is mafia, but pretty unlikely because he's done a lot of analysis/trying to find mafia and is mostly making sense. So I guess he's probably 4th/5th on the list with Vivax (which doesn't say much at this point because I really do think everyone else is town).

So yeah... GB/Onegu/Hopeless.

Don't let this game go full RIP guys.
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
October 29 2015 04:38 GMT
#2913
On October 29 2015 13:27 ritoky wrote:
wife surprised me with sounders playoff tickets. won't be here until around deadline. WE WONNNNN SDGHDSGHSJGBSDGBKD

Probably should vote buddy!
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 29 2015 05:19 GMT
#2914
Chrom, if I'm mafia with Onegu, why not voting him now?
I'm adorable.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 29 2015 11:44 GMT
#2915
I think the scumteam has to be in GB/Onegu/hopeless/ritoky... Chromatically has looked quite good lately, so it's likely not him.

I doubt there's much benefit to clearly consolidating? There's potential to more information if the situation is uncertain (hard choices for scum).
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 29 2015 11:48 GMT
#2916
As for why I included ritoky, it's because his contributions have steadily dropped throughout the game, and maybe rayn was right with his cases. I'll have to reread rayn's stuff before deciding though.

hopeless could be town (or scum), but looks like he's just being lazy and maybe modkilled? I don't think he's the priority in this group.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 29 2015 13:44 GMT
#2917
##vote: Xatalos
Placeholder, no one in their right mind will vote him.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 29 2015 13:45 GMT
#2918
Ok..........?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 29 2015 13:50 GMT
#2919
im filtering onegu and gb for the time being since those are the wagons.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-29 15:11:49
October 29 2015 15:11 GMT
#2920
Day 3 Vote Count


Onegu (3): gumshoe, Xatalos, Blazinghand, GlowingBear
GlowingBear (2): Vivax, Chromatically, gumshoe
Xatalos (1): Hopeless1der

Not Voting (3): gumshoe, Onegu, ritoky

Looks like it's time to sack Onegu for being a traitor!
Day 3 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

The quality control list is here.
The automated list counter is here.
Only votes on this list will be counted.

Please mind the deadline as failure to vote will result in a modkill.
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 110
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6289
Counter-Strike
fl0m1502
olofmeister1063
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
gofns58594
singsing1802
B2W.Neo527
dupreeh358
crisheroes281
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2241
Other Games
• WagamamaTV149
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.