• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:48
CEST 12:48
KST 19:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10390 users

Newbie Student Mafia XIV: Firefly - Page 146

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 179 Next
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 15 2015 22:36 GMT
#2901
I think that qualifies as the least exciting flip I've been through in TLM.

I really think that town need to kick it back up a notch tonight. There's one mafia left, and we're in serious danger of AFKing through a Slam/Superbia lynch. Not that I don't currently think that that's a bad plan - I absolutely think we should lynch IN THAT ORDER (slam first, no quitters allowed at LYLO plox), but there is still tons of time for them to pick this up and turn it around if they're town. And at least one of them has to be.

Anyway, realise that it's scummy to demand action and not take any myself. But really, without Superbia trying to find scum outside of Slam and me (which is useless to me, because I know I'm town and obviously Slam is the other lynch target), or Slam ... you know ... explaining his attempted seppuku, we're kind of stuck.
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 15 2015 23:10 GMT
#2902
Eh, I’m pretty sure that this game is in wraps, but I promise to do some tinfoil application, dig through filters and bring out some points if I find anything interesting.

Hm…so you’re saying you think we should lynch Slam over Superbia even though Slam gave some reads and Superbia flatly refuses to support his reads and has been acting scummy this entire time?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 15 2015 23:35 GMT
#2903
Meh. You make a good argument. Both seem to totally have given up. And only one of them can be Mafia. I guess we lynch whichever seems to want it least tomorrow? I'm just terrified of sending it to LyLo with a player who can't be bothered. If they're Mafia, we win, but on the off chance they're not, we literally cannot win. And since I'm definitely going to be in LyLo I think, I'm going to be the one who has to make this damned decision.
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 15 2015 23:45 GMT
#2904
On September 16 2015 08:35 Fidei86 wrote:
Meh. You make a good argument. Both seem to totally have given up. And only one of them can be Mafia. I guess we lynch whichever seems to want it least tomorrow? I'm just terrified of sending it to LyLo with a player who can't be bothered. If they're Mafia, we win, but on the off chance they're not, we literally cannot win. And since I'm definitely going to be in LyLo I think, I'm going to be the one who has to make this damned decision.

I’m pretty happy that I won’t be in lylo :D

Hm…I don’t think that you should be afraid of anything. Worst worst case if Superbia flips town you’ll be with Slam/scott. I’m pretty sure scott is town so just kill Slam. I’ll go through filters again and see if I can dig anything up but I don’t see why you would be afraid.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 15 2015 23:47 GMT
#2905
Mostly because Yamato has probably solved this game from the ObsQT and will roast me royally if I go the wrong way. IDK if that's a good reason though?
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 15 2015 23:57 GMT
#2906
On September 16 2015 08:47 Fidei86 wrote:
Mostly because Yamato has probably solved this game from the ObsQT and will roast me royally if I go the wrong way. IDK if that's a good reason though?

No it isn't.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 15 2015 23:59 GMT
#2907
Okay, well a corollary to my Yamato argument is that in Personality, town was sure they had their man, only for two mislynches to turn into GG, and the Mafia was someone nobody expected. Assuming anyone is town at this late late stage is super dumb. I just need to figure out if there is a reason to scum whoever of you and Scott doesn't die tomorrow night.
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 16 2015 00:13 GMT
#2908
Eh, I’m pretty sure I’ll die. There’s literally no reason to keep me around unless mafia is trying to force some really hard tinfoil on me. oh yea, NocturneMage, did u ever finish that tinfoil case on me? I was kinda expecting it because I thought it’d be funny.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 00:48 GMT
#2909
On September 16 2015 07:36 Fidei86 wrote:
I think that qualifies as the least exciting flip I've been through in TLM.

I really think that town need to kick it back up a notch tonight. There's one mafia left, and we're in serious danger of AFKing through a Slam/Superbia lynch. Not that I don't currently think that that's a bad plan - I absolutely think we should lynch IN THAT ORDER (slam first, no quitters allowed at LYLO plox), but there is still tons of time for them to pick this up and turn it around if they're town. And at least one of them has to be.

Anyway, realise that it's scummy to demand action and not take any myself. But really, without Superbia trying to find scum outside of Slam and me (which is useless to me, because I know I'm town and obviously Slam is the other lynch target), or Slam ... you know ... explaining his attempted seppuku, we're kind of stuck.


I noticed Slam /out'ed of the other game and I know he was psyched to play that game - so I know he's not going to have much time - I'm glad he mentioned it, so I could.

I would rather lynch Superbia, well because of votes - the above - among other things before Alakaslam.

Could you elaborate more on it besides the quitting thing?
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 00:49 GMT
#2910
And Superbia has a higher chance of flipping the godfather in my opinion.
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 01:56 GMT
#2911
On September 07 2015 06:21 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2015 06:18 Superbia wrote:
And you even spelled my name wrong.

YUP. By the way, if GlowingBear were to be lynched today, you better hope he flips Town. Because if he were to flip Red, you've just placed yourself in a position where it looks like you're trying to use your vote to protect him.

THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 02:02 GMT
#2912
On September 07 2015 06:35 Superbia wrote:
I don't know about GB to be honest, but it's sort of mafia to go afk instead of participate in EoD discussion. I kind of liked what he had to say about scott in his case thingy. You guys disagree. You guys know more about GB-meta. I think I'm keeping my vote on noobking, but if we have a vigi I wouldn't be heartbroken about a GB shot so we can get that shit out of the way.


This sounds familiar.
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 16 2015 02:15 GMT
#2913
hm...Fidei this just came up to me. Why do you keep assuming we're going to go to lylo though.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 02:19 GMT
#2914
On September 07 2015 06:54 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2015 06:52 n00bKing wrote:
On September 07 2015 06:49 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On September 07 2015 04:00 GlowingBear wrote:
If people are going against lurkers, than we should lynch the scummiest, and not someone who is most likely a question mark. Scott fits the scummy lurker cartegory

? boxerfred would be the most scummy lurker here based on his post. scott has actually posted a lot by his own standards and he's actually showing decent reads this time around.

Scott had not posted a lot by his standards (or anyone's standards) at the time GB made that post.

And I vouch this, doesn't change my opinion on GB however


Why not go for the ML? If he's mafia - he knows n00bking is town though - and I am as well. He's going to bus GB the whole time when no one was suspicious of GB so when town actually sees GB's scummyness we'll swap to him on a whim?
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
September 16 2015 02:25 GMT
#2915
hm…
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 02:50 GMT
#2916
On September 07 2015 07:19 Superbia wrote:
Can we be safe and just fucking lynch noobking? We can have a counterclaim and kill him tomorrow. Jesus.


Covering for GB (which we know is mafia now) ?

On September 07 2015 08:43 NocturneMage wrote:
A) 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 8 Vanilla Townies, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Godfather, 1 Mafia Goon

If gb's claim is true, and for now we assume it is - then there's definitely a cop about. And no framer to mess about.

I'd recommend to check into breshke/boxer/slam. MD has a 7 page filter which can be sorted out.


Pretty slick here <3

You played it well NM.

On September 07 2015 11:10 scott31337 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2015 10:34 Breshke wrote:
Basically GB is lying. He did not claim vigi to "not get shot".

On September 05 2015 11:32 GlowingBear wrote:
On September 05 2015 11:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
the third paragraph is jsut outright bullshit for anyone who knows yamato's/Slam's play.
fourth is well... how i play as town. + the fact i was not creating a poor atmosphere, in fact you GB were. And i was fucking prodictive, i have been all game long. Over anyone else.
fifth is kinda hilarious because he uses "you saying i am 98% scum is useless and stupid crap" as a reason to scumread me when my answer is literally an answer to his stupid question. Stupid questions get stupid answers.
sixth is just fucking rofl. Like me saying i am town makes me mafia. Okay right.
seventh..... ugh i don't even care anymore, i have been pushing an agenda he thinks is townie all game long, and now i am scum for it.

this guy is hilarious.


Meh, I don't know. I'm not sure about you. I really dislike your pushes on me and Breshke because I think they were out of place. You should know what I was trying to do. Well, Breshke does. No use talking about it.
I think the biggest problem is your read on yamato. It's off. It's still too early to call him town + I didn't like his opening, felt forced.


He say's rayn should understand and that I do understand why he claimed vigi.

Quick history lesson GB coached me in one of my newbie games and im fairly sure it was there that he told me how he normally opens up the day by saying stuff that will start up some conversation. For example he will say something like "I am town" and colour the word town red.

So when GB says I know why he claimed vigi it is because he was doing what i explained above. It doesn't make him town because GB does that first post play as both alignments.

What does make him mafia is him claiming that he claimed vigi so he wouldn't get shot by mafia which is basically confirmed bullshit given the post I quoted. Like counterclaim or not I really doubt GB is the doctor considering he is trying to justify his claim with bullshit.


So In theory GB's claim will solve itself tomorrow and it's why I personally did not want to drain on it, but makes me curious why want you want to tonight - time zones?

Do you think the claim is bullshit?

Who else do you think are mafia?


Makes a lot of sense now.

I'm done reading thru the thread now - read until Day 1 and pointed out the things I found interesting.
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 03:43 GMT
#2917
On September 07 2015 05:58 Fidei86 wrote:
Okay so I'm going to read GB's filter again.

But I'm actually starting to think that one of the mafia might be Superbia. A quick flick through his four page filter gave me very little sense of where he actually stands, despite the fact that he keeps pushing everyone else for their views. He also seems to be on n00b, but he isn't chiming in with a read thereon. Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this? I haven't seen many Superbia reads.



Fidei Can you tell me your thought here?

On September 07 2015 05:58 Fidei86 wrote:
Okay so I'm going to read GB's filter again.

But I'm actually starting to think that one of the mafia might be Superbia. A quick flick through his four page filter gave me very little sense of where he actually stands, despite the fact that he keeps pushing everyone else for their views. He also seems to be on n00b, but he isn't chiming in with a read thereon. Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this? I haven't seen many Superbia reads.


On September 10 2015 09:44 Fidei86 wrote:
MD:

"Bussing" is thrown around a lot here, but honestly I've seen mafia pile on to plenty of mafia wagons. The thing to look out for is:

1. Does their vote feel organic and well supported by reasoning, or does it seem opportunistic; AND
2. Was their vote early enough that it actually made a difference, either in gaining the lynch momentum or pushing it over the edge?

For me, I honestly had a pretty poor read on GB d1. I did post that his reads were all over the place, but it wasn't a hard read or anything. My reasoning for switching onto him was basically "I hate the Cake and the Rayn lynches", and GB seemed like the much better option to me. I was fourth or fifth onto him. So I was either the hammer, or I was near enough. On d1. I think it was fairly obvious that a big wagon was going to build on him (scott, for example, hadn't voted yet but he was scum reading GB), so I get less town cred than otherwise.

But yeah, I think I should get a fair bit. I was also the only one making the obvious argument that GB's claim was rubbish and rayn's claim was correct. I get WAY less credit for that, because it was so frikkin' obvious.

I've been playing voice all evening, so I'll have to follow-up the filters in the morning.


A bit tinfoil - and I know geript is an awesome scum coach who I have I've worked with - but this almost feels like geript here giving advice you are parroting.
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 16 2015 04:46 GMT
#2918
Hi,

Oblig night post to keep from modkill and allow slot to serve as a member
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 16 2015 05:02 GMT
#2919
There's only one mafia left and Alakaslam and Superbia suck.
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
September 16 2015 05:11 GMT
#2920
Finished reading up and down Fidei's filter.

We probably should just lynch Fidei for stealing HTS to play dota. The question isn't why, it's why not.

I had to go there

Alright seriously...

The one that stuck out to me was him voting off-wagon d1.

The rest of his reads were pretty clear though and d1 he really didn't seem to have an agenda.

There were a lot of trips and typos and such but this was all explained by him being up late or tired or what have you. I've been there too many times. To me, that is not alignment indicative.

On September 10 2015 07:44 Fidei86 wrote:
I really feel that the scum team is most likely two of Cop, NM, Superbia and Breshke.


Then he had the posts about saying Cake didn't have as much or the least towncred from pinging out GB.

He's been all over the shop examining and re-examining reads and re-evaluating.

Really if Fidei is mafia, he can stand as an MP quite easily.

As for the comment on geript giving him advice, scott, I'm not sure a mafia Fidei would be dumb enough to copy and paste advice from the mafia QT. He'd be a lot smarter than that, plus he seems to have a few games under his belt where he could just saying something like that without getting advice as either alignment.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11988
StarCastTV_EN343
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko136
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13759
Bisu 3900
Jaedong 3351
EffOrt 1173
ZerO 426
Horang2 378
Pusan 278
BeSt 269
Zeus 247
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 193
Hyun 144
Mind 137
Barracks 97
ggaemo 82
Bale 45
Killer 43
Yoon 43
Sharp 43
scan(afreeca) 42
NotJumperer 32
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 24
Sacsri 22
Hm[arnc] 21
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1616
byalli494
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King74
Other Games
ceh9653
crisheroes225
Sick176
Pyrionflax162
dupreeh98
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 189
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 85
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
StarCraft 2
WardiTV9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 55
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV363
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Jankos1155
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
12m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 12m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.