• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War255.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8688 users

Lost But Not Forgotten Mini Mafia - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 48 Next All
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
July 18 2015 19:46 GMT
#301
On July 19 2015 00:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Damdred can you elaborate on your FF read?
Am i missing something? He is my strongest townread after Rels.



Then what changed?
Try TL Mafia!!!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 18 2015 19:48 GMT
#302
On July 19 2015 04:46 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2015 00:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Damdred can you elaborate on your FF read?
Am i missing something? He is my strongest townread after Rels.



Then what changed?

Kelsier and yamato got townier than before.
table for two on a tv tray
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 18 2015 19:48 GMT
#303
On July 19 2015 04:45 Fecalfeast wrote:
After reading geript I thought he didn't seem too bad but kelsier is correct that yamato never actually responded to geript. I personally don't think this alone is enough to lynch geript though.

I would much rather kill plotspot at this juncture


right..because that's all i posted

did you really read?
Zerg for Life
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 18 2015 19:51 GMT
#304
i read geript, i only read your post on the last page, and yeah i left some of it out.
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 18 2015 19:52 GMT
#305
So what, are you going to read the thread or not FF?
table for two on a tv tray
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 18 2015 19:52 GMT
#306
ok fine
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 18 2015 20:02 GMT
#307
On July 19 2015 04:45 Fecalfeast wrote:
After reading geript I thought he didn't seem too bad but kelsier is correct that yamato never actually responded to geript. I personally don't think this alone is enough to lynch geript though.

I would much rather kill plotspot at this juncture


I noticed that you don't really have much justification, why is geript not so bad here? Why plot here?
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 18 2015 20:02 GMT
#308
On July 19 2015 05:02 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2015 04:45 Fecalfeast wrote:
After reading geript I thought he didn't seem too bad but kelsier is correct that yamato never actually responded to geript. I personally don't think this alone is enough to lynch geript though.

I would much rather kill plotspot at this juncture


I noticed that you don't really have much justification, why is geript not so bad here? Why plot here?


yeh damdred, give him lessons on justifying towngeript!
Zerg for Life
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 18 2015 20:04 GMT
#309
On July 19 2015 05:02 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2015 05:02 Damdred wrote:
On July 19 2015 04:45 Fecalfeast wrote:
After reading geript I thought he didn't seem too bad but kelsier is correct that yamato never actually responded to geript. I personally don't think this alone is enough to lynch geript though.

I would much rather kill plotspot at this juncture


I noticed that you don't really have much justification, why is geript not so bad here? Why plot here?


yeh damdred, give him lessons on justifying towngeript!


I figured one person would give a sarcastic remark.

Nobody responded to why I think he's town, however I think its a good point if someone says I don't think x is bad after reading they need to show some form of reasoning behind it
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
July 18 2015 20:05 GMT
#310
mathematically speaking, there are more town than mafia in a given game. Therefor, criticizing someone for having too many townreads is just retarded.
Writer@WriterYamato
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 18 2015 20:08 GMT
#311
On July 19 2015 04:29 Damdred wrote:
This is a bit hard to quantify but I'll try.

One thing I've noticed about geript as scum os his ability to make posts early that are extremely sensible but have the ability to try to get people on his side. One thing to look at is assassination mafia while its not a perfect example his explanation and posting made it extremely easy for GB and myself to like him to a degree. Kel caught him for an odd follow up explanation there, in art big game he had some of the same thing going on and rayn caught him for a somewhat changing story.

In his town games he doesn't care who comes against him as he will just take the lynch and uell at people later. I just think this looks more like his town game calls out whatever he wants without trying to get on peoples good side. Even if what he's saying doesn't make 100% sense to everyone it seems to be what he thinks and I kinda think it makes him town.

To answer you, i don't think you are correct here. Especially the underlined part. How can you come to a conclusion geript is town when you yourself say he has been caught in inconsistancies?

Also you are not proposing an alternative lynch. Which i would expect you to do if you don't truly like the lynch. Because why wouldn't you?
table for two on a tv tray
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 18 2015 20:13 GMT
#312
On July 19 2015 03:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2015 03:48 plotspot wrote:
On July 19 2015 03:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
plotspot elaborate your read on me, particularly the yamato part.
Why can't i make the same read Damdred did?
Smells like bullshit.

Also you have unanswered questions in thread.


yamato has made 3 posts before you said "nvm yamato is town". Damdred only said "Kinda think Yamato feels town". In my opinion there is a difference in certainty the way both of you expressed it. It's just that that I think is strange. You might have advanced meta and be able to pinpoint yamato as town immediately after only 3 posts, that could be.

I'll answer your earlier questions later.

If you don't know why someone does something you do not form a read based on it.
Why are you doing so? Or what is that even doing in your post when you don't know what it means?


Wait, I didn't form a read about you based on not knowing where you got your hard townread on yamato so fast. I was wondering how you can townread someone so fast. You say "yamato is town" at that moment. Is it (a) you have advanced meta or (b) you think "yamato might be town" but say "yamato is town" for undisclosed reasons? Which is it?

On July 19 2015 01:02 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2015 19:25 plotspot wrote:

I always have to ask myself the question: will the info I reveal benefit town or mafia more? I know most here believe if you have info, share it with town, because town are in the majority. I'll try to consider this more.

Also i think this is really bad.
plotspot what is this "info" you are talking about here?

obviously you want to share all info you have (not talking about claiming here). Why wouldn't you?


This was a general remark by me how I think certain info shouldn't be shared to town, because mafia can also read it. I can take for example the game where I was town roleblocker. It would have been nice for me to tell town who I roleblocked in the thread, but mafia knowing that could have wifomed a lot of stuff.. pff it was complicated stuff.

In this particular case the "info" is just me explaining why I claimed vanilla cop. I thought about whether revealing the info gives mafia any advantage beyond town. I decided no and did it.

On July 19 2015 01:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2015 19:23 KelsierSC wrote:
On July 18 2015 19:04 plotspot wrote:
Why did I claim vanilla cop?
I think it won't hurt town and it leaves mafia guessing whether I really am Cop or VT.

1. If i'm VT than the real cop is fine, mafia still wants to check out what I am or possibly kill me and might waste a turn. If we have Medic for example they could protect me with a chance mafia will kill me. If I die we still only lose a VT.

2. If I'm cop I wifomed Mafia into taking other targets, and I would be safe. If there is a medic they could protect me.

I guess it's not that significant in the end. It keeps mafia guessing a bit. The medic role in both scenarios is interesting, if we have one, but the question is will mafia risk it?



You told damdred that "it would be fun" but now apparently there is some next level night kill play.

interesting as this is, do you have any reads so far ?


Like this is what bothers me with plotspot.
He uses two different explanations for his actions.
There is nothing alignment indicative in his claim itself. He says he has planned that some weeks ago, so he would do that as either alignment most likely. The problem is, i don't understand (1) his explanation Kelsier pointed out and (2) what is he trying to gain? Like i don't get how anyone can think claiming "vanilla cop" does "confuse" mafia (but not town).

Also he said it was a reaction test so; I want to hear it from him, what did he gain. What conclusions did he come up with for the reactions, and why.

Otherwise probably mafia trying to just post something and talk about irrelevant things that have nothing to do with scumhunting.


You wanted to know what I got from my reactions. Not much besides two people asking me "why you do that?" and one "any reaction and conclusion about the reaction from the claim?". I do get however that the rest, which majority is made up by town, kinda ignores it, which shows me they don't want to dug around it and hinder more important topics, which is good.




Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 18 2015 20:14 GMT
#313
Because o don't have an alternative lynch yet. Lets be honest most people proposed in first 24 generally don't get lynched.

Ibsaid it was hard to quantify, I don't think that makes it invalid at all as he is clearly saying whatever the hell he wants if it makes sense or not.

in other games he tries to get on peoples good sides and that's where it gets somewhat inconsistent.

I explained what he got caught on but it doesn't invalidate what I said though, or the main poont
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 18 2015 20:41 GMT
#314
On July 19 2015 05:02 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2015 04:45 Fecalfeast wrote:
After reading geript I thought he didn't seem too bad but kelsier is correct that yamato never actually responded to geript. I personally don't think this alone is enough to lynch geript though.

I would much rather kill plotspot at this juncture


I noticed that you don't really have much justification, why is geript not so bad here? Why plot here?

geript is not so bad because when reading his filter alone, he seems to be looking at the game as a whole rather than focusing on people until he starts in on kelsier. It looks like a towny thought process to me: 'analyse game until someone stands out, focus on them'

On July 19 2015 05:05 yamato77 wrote:
mathematically speaking, there are more town than mafia in a given game. Therefor, criticizing someone for having too many townreads is just retarded.

Are you referring to my criticism of plotspot's list? If so I am not so much scumming the amount of townreads, I am scumming the idea that he can have so many townreads this early with such weak reasoning.




After reading the thread:

Rayn, you're a doll for defending me so hard but I feel like that whole conversation was drawn out a lot longer than it should have been.

I think after reading the geript stuff in context that he looks much worse. The reluctance to respond to questions on top of his inconsistent story make me see what the commotion is about. I could lynch geript for sure.

Damdred's reasoning that geript doesn't seem to mind what people think of him and using that as reason to call him town
is shaky at best. Geript is not going to have the same scum meta every time, he is a strong player in my opinion and could certainly pick up on his own meta.
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 18 2015 20:48 GMT
#315
Since you read the whole thread and now done a 180 on geript. Other reads ff
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 18 2015 20:58 GMT
#316
plot scummy
damd towny
yam kinda scumlean
jonnylaw kinda scumlean

I haven't put a whole lot of effort into this game so far so that's all I can think of off the top of my head
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
July 18 2015 21:00 GMT
#317
I think FF/geript are both good lynches
Writer@WriterYamato
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 18 2015 21:07 GMT
#318
On July 19 2015 06:00 yamato77 wrote:
I think FF/geript are both good lynches

why?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
July 18 2015 21:10 GMT
#319
your reads are silly
Writer@WriterYamato
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 18 2015 21:13 GMT
#320
therefore I am scum? Do you know whether I have silly d1 reads often or only as scum?

Why are my reads silly?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 373
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25765
Calm 4884
Light 172
Barracks 105
Free 100
910 98
Zeus 82
Mind 79
Trap 43
soO 29
[ Show more ]
Aegong 25
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 23
Sexy 15
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9279
XaKoH 363
Counter-Strike
fl0m5692
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1567
Other Games
singsing2015
FrodaN685
B2W.Neo582
Beastyqt567
mouzStarbuck280
crisheroes276
Livibee186
Hui .165
C9.Mang0133
RotterdaM121
KnowMe95
Trikslyr84
QueenE71
edward25
BRAT_OK 20
MindelVK7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 18
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2557
Other Games
• Shiphtur811
• imaqtpie260
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 34m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 34m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.