• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:51
CEST 19:51
KST 02:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8738 users

Newbie Student Mafia VII - Page 121

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 125 Next
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
April 17 2015 22:20 GMT
#2401
lol bourneq i seriously thought you were scum

anyway wp scum and it's nice to see some of the newbies sticking around
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
favmirage
Profile Joined March 2015
United States10 Posts
April 17 2015 22:27 GMT
#2402
lol prp <3

i hope your idea of my play isn't inflated...it's kinda flattering to be scumread for not playing a good enough towngame with a 20+ page filter lol ><
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 22:28 GMT
#2403
one of these days i will stop forgetting to change accounts back :/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 22:28 GMT
#2404
On April 18 2015 06:38 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 06:35 The Shining wrote:
On April 18 2015 06:29 rsoultin wrote:
pls pls pls don't scumread me in future games for being wrong though lol >< i do that all the time i'm not marv/hf lol ><

hey plot! <3

i'm glad you and bourneq plan on playing again in the next newbie!



Bah I had that as part of your town meta so idk. Now it's nai for you =P

Yeah I'm happy you guys are playing again. Next newbie seems to be filling up fast.


o.0 what's part of my town meta?

lol generally any meta argument for me is bad lol >< it's why i go GRRRR at people trying

tone you can catch me on lol

and forgetting to post legacies that too >> nice one bresh...had to really dig through my games to find examples where i didn't do it as town lol ><



Your being wrong. It's a stupid thing to town OR scum you for, as no townie will be 100% right.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 22:29 GMT
#2405
o.0 you actually thought i'm only wrong as town? lol that would make it hard to get anyone mislynched -amused-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 17 2015 22:34 GMT
#2406
I'm so sorry, I threw this game all by myself.............

If I just didn't block town from playing the game normally, we would have been okay. I thought we were set, and I could afford to sidetrack the entire thread by arguing with mafia. I was so, so wrong.

Tubesock, just a warning, if you're going to try and lynch me, you really need to do a better job. And next time I won't let you interfere with the entire thread, I'll actually use my head once in a while.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 22:37 GMT
#2407
On April 18 2015 07:29 rsoultin wrote:
o.0 you actually thought i'm only wrong as town? lol that would make it hard to get anyone mislynched -amused-


No lol just that you being wrong and the way you defend those wrong reads after was town. Thought scum rso would be more guilty and therefore less coherently defensive of her reads.

Lesson learned. Read rso thru current game only. And if alive D3, auto lynch.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 17 2015 22:40 GMT
#2408
On April 18 2015 07:37 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:29 rsoultin wrote:
o.0 you actually thought i'm only wrong as town? lol that would make it hard to get anyone mislynched -amused-


No lol just that you being wrong and the way you defend those wrong reads after was town. Thought scum rso would be more guilty and therefore less coherently defensive of her reads.

Lesson learned. Read rso thru current game only. And if alive D3, auto lynch.
Nah. It was easy to see that something was wrong with rsoultin. You didn't even need to read her filter.

The disconnect is differentiating between her play being "off" and this being alignment indicative. That would be hard to figure out.

Honestly, were it not for the Bourneq thing, there's a pretty chance I would have gone with rsoultin being scum. Jarjarbinks was most likely to stop me.

I just feel so awful. I made a terrible assumption, and not only did I use it to sabotage my own play, but I sabotaged the entire town. You can't win mafia single-handedly, but you certainly can lose it that way.

Apologies to Bourneq, your play wasn't bad at all, my reason for scumreading you was simply moronic.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 22:40 GMT
#2409
On April 18 2015 07:34 Trfel wrote:
I'm so sorry, I threw this game all by myself.............

If I just didn't block town from playing the game normally, we would have been okay. I thought we were set, and I could afford to sidetrack the entire thread by arguing with mafia. I was so, so wrong.

Tubesock, just a warning, if you're going to try and lynch me, you really need to do a better job. And next time I won't let you interfere with the entire thread, I'll actually use my head once in a while.


Dude. Our vig shot a strong town read and missed 24 of 48 hrs in mylo. This isn't all on you.

I think we all know now some of the mistakes we think we made and what we can do to improve on them. You did the best you could as a replacement, which was pretty good.

Student Game. We're the students. Let's keep learning. =D
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 22:43 GMT
#2410
On April 18 2015 07:40 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:37 The Shining wrote:
On April 18 2015 07:29 rsoultin wrote:
o.0 you actually thought i'm only wrong as town? lol that would make it hard to get anyone mislynched -amused-


No lol just that you being wrong and the way you defend those wrong reads after was town. Thought scum rso would be more guilty and therefore less coherently defensive of her reads.

Lesson learned. Read rso thru current game only. And if alive D3, auto lynch.
Nah. It was easy to see that something was wrong with rsoultin. You didn't even need to read her filter.

The disconnect is differentiating between her play being "off" and this being alignment indicative. That would be hard to figure out.

Honestly, were it not for the Bourneq thing, there's a pretty chance I would have gone with rsoultin being scum. Jarjarbinks was most likely to stop me.

I just feel so awful. I made a terrible assumption, and not only did I use it to sabotage my own play, but I sabotaged the entire town. You can't win mafia single-handedly, but you certainly can lose it that way.

Apologies to Bourneq, your play wasn't bad at all, my reason for scumreading you was simply moronic.


Yeah that d1 play was what troubled me most but her pre game excuse for it made me write it off. Huge mistake on my part. As a replacement, I was having trouble catching up then staying caught up. When she felt off, I attributed it to that d1 excuse and never revisited.

Ugh.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 22:43 GMT
#2411
On April 18 2015 07:37 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:29 rsoultin wrote:
o.0 you actually thought i'm only wrong as town? lol that would make it hard to get anyone mislynched -amused-


No lol just that you being wrong and the way you defend those wrong reads after was town. Thought scum rso would be more guilty and therefore less coherently defensive of her reads.

Lesson learned. Read rso thru current game only. And if alive D3, auto lynch.


i am like so afraid of this becoming the general rule of thumb

nuuuuuuu i am not that good! disregard never living to day 3 in my last 6 town games ><

occasionally i make it to lylo to lose it for town?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
April 17 2015 22:47 GMT
#2412
Just want to say new. People use your coaches more IDK how the others were but one of my qts had 3 posts.

It made me sad but meh, good job Scum I had job and tube as Scum though
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
April 17 2015 22:47 GMT
#2413
The thing that struck me from a general townplay standpoint is that the first two townies were lynched for doing nothing or nothing useful and they were all newbies.

The fact it happened a third time...I mean it seemed too easy but I see why the decision was made to go that way - ignorance by the scum team. If someone's THAT forgettable (Bourneq in this case).

I am curious though, and I don't mean to ping any coaches on this one, but it seemed a number of the newbies were a bit overwhelmed this game. Did you lot have help or enough feedback from your coaches?

I would encourage you to sign up for the Student 8 game - you will have coaches again if under 4 games. For the vets, sign up for Hajime no Ippo - a manga-themed game. I'm helping develop it and we have a good show going down. It will be loads of fun.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 22:47 GMT
#2414
On April 18 2015 07:43 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:37 The Shining wrote:
On April 18 2015 07:29 rsoultin wrote:
o.0 you actually thought i'm only wrong as town? lol that would make it hard to get anyone mislynched -amused-


No lol just that you being wrong and the way you defend those wrong reads after was town. Thought scum rso would be more guilty and therefore less coherently defensive of her reads.

Lesson learned. Read rso thru current game only. And if alive D3, auto lynch.


i am like so afraid of this becoming the general rule of thumb

nuuuuuuu i am not that good! disregard never living to day 3 in my last 6 town games ><

occasionally i make it to lylo to lose it for town?


Nope. Auto auto auto.

I'm kidding, I'd like to think at full potential, I'm capable of actually figuring out your alignment.

But you have to admit, the longer you live, the more that point will come up in any game you play =P
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-17 22:50:50
April 17 2015 22:50 GMT
#2415
On April 18 2015 07:47 Damdred wrote:
Just want to say new. People use your coaches more IDK how the others were but one of my qts had 3 posts.

It made me sad but meh, good job Scum I had job and tube as Scum though


My coaching QT was about ~170 posts when I got NKed. It didn't help me because I'm one of the worst town players in TL. xD

Seriously newbies. the coaches are there to help you. Ask questions and link posts and actively read the thread. We had a good set of coaches too.

If you are pressed for time, find ways to manage your priorities in thread. Focus on the scummiest players or a smaller group of players.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 17 2015 22:52 GMT
#2416
On April 18 2015 07:50 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:47 Damdred wrote:
Just want to say new. People use your coaches more IDK how the others were but one of my qts had 3 posts.

It made me sad but meh, good job Scum I had job and tube as Scum though


My coaching QT was about ~170 posts when I got NKed. It didn't help me because I'm one of the worst town players in TL. xD

Seriously newbies. the coaches are there to help you. Ask questions and link posts and actively read the thread. We had a good set of coaches too.

If you are pressed for time, find ways to manage your priorities in thread. Focus on the scummiest players or a smaller group of players.
Wait, what, YOU had a coaching QT? What?!?!!!?

I really should have asked for one, then......
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
April 17 2015 22:52 GMT
#2417
Trfel, Tube honestly bled scum D3. I was losing the plot in scum qt, I'm glad you caught on to it and Breshke to an extent it was a damn shame the rest couldn't.

Also town had terrible RNG, nerfed setup (no DT, christ we needed a DT this game) and Holyflare subbing in at night instead of start D2. Bad luck there. Ras-pew-tin would have been DOA there.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-17 22:54:37
April 17 2015 22:53 GMT
#2418
Trfel, any veteran can request a coach. You have to just ask. Newbies get first priority obviously. If you RNG scum you are obviously given the scum coach.

Artanis was my coach. Much <3 to the protoss.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
April 17 2015 22:54 GMT
#2419
On April 18 2015 07:52 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:50 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 18 2015 07:47 Damdred wrote:
Just want to say new. People use your coaches more IDK how the others were but one of my qts had 3 posts.

It made me sad but meh, good job Scum I had job and tube as Scum though


My coaching QT was about ~170 posts when I got NKed. It didn't help me because I'm one of the worst town players in TL. xD

Seriously newbies. the coaches are there to help you. Ask questions and link posts and actively read the thread. We had a good set of coaches too.

If you are pressed for time, find ways to manage your priorities in thread. Focus on the scummiest players or a smaller group of players.
Wait, what, YOU had a coaching QT? What?!?!!!?

I really should have asked for one, then......

this x1000 lol
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Bourneq
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden800 Posts
April 17 2015 22:54 GMT
#2420
I should have allowed myself to be coached more. I kind of forgot about it till it was too late. Now that I have a game under my belt I would know how to better use my coach.
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 125 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 237
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 237
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27127
Mini 431
Hyuk 238
firebathero 186
ggaemo 138
Liquid`Ret 72
Mong 54
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9917
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1463
crisheroes1164
Liquid`Hasu704
Other Games
Grubby2987
FrodaN1802
fl0m1177
Beastyqt1041
Mlord445
KnowMe165
Livibee145
ArmadaUGS129
mouzStarbuck82
Mew2King60
Trikslyr53
ToD39
CosmosSc2 17
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 68
• StrangeGG 58
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7664
Other Games
• imaqtpie623
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV245
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 9m
INu's Battles
18h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.