• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:12
CEST 18:12
KST 01:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7648 users

Newbie Student Mafia VII - Page 123

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 Next
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 23:05 GMT
#2441
nah this was a fairly genial game

even between prp and myself ^^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 23:07 GMT
#2442
On April 18 2015 08:05 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:56 Holyflare wrote:
don't replace till end of cycles next time plz ty <3


It seems a bit silly to hold a replace for 24+ hours? Yours was the only one I think I should have held.


Mine was well timed. It was my fault that I didn't see the pm right away.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
April 17 2015 23:07 GMT
#2443
On April 18 2015 08:05 The Shining wrote:
THIS IS WHY YOU END GAMED ME WHEN I JOINED.

League for life. >.>


NO. JUST NO.

OMG. My husband plays League. It bugs me to NO end. And he makes fun of me for playing dota. HATE so much.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-17 23:08:37
April 17 2015 23:08 GMT
#2444
I am policy voting any League player in my next game.

You heard it here first.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 17 2015 23:09 GMT
#2445
On April 18 2015 08:08 Half the Sky wrote:
I am policy voting any League player in my next game.

You heard it here first.
Oh, I heard of this new game. I think I'll install it?

League of Legends?
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
April 17 2015 23:09 GMT
#2446
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
April 17 2015 23:10 GMT
#2447
On April 18 2015 08:05 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:56 Holyflare wrote:
don't replace till end of cycles next time plz ty <3


It seems a bit silly to hold a replace for 24+ hours? Yours was the only one I think I should have held.


well day replaces are ok, night ones probably aren't until end of cycle
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 23:10 GMT
#2448
HTS lol I'm not really a die hard like most irt Dota vs league. If I thought my laptop could handle it, I'd try dota. But league lag is sketchy enough lol.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
April 17 2015 23:14 GMT
#2449
On April 18 2015 08:09 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?


Scum tried to push a mislynch on you and failed. That in itself should give you all the confidence you need.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 17 2015 23:16 GMT
#2450
On April 18 2015 08:14 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 08:09 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?


Scum tried to push a mislynch on you and failed. That in itself should give you all the confidence you need.
Let's be honest, that push was never going anywhere.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 17 2015 23:17 GMT
#2451
Hey I just metad myself! Scum game excluded, apparently unless I'm casing the way I did JJB last Student Game, all of my scum reads are town.

If you play with me, you can use my scum reads to basically POE who I DIDN'T scum and find the scum team there lmao.

I am upset by this discovery.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
April 17 2015 23:18 GMT
#2452
On April 18 2015 08:16 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 08:14 LoneMeow wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:09 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?


Scum tried to push a mislynch on you and failed. That in itself should give you all the confidence you need.
Let's be honest, that push was never going anywhere.


Because the target was obviously town. Being obviously town is just as important as having great reads (if not even more so).
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 23:29 GMT
#2453
On April 18 2015 08:14 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 08:09 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?


Scum tried to push a mislynch on you and failed. That in itself should give you all the confidence you need.


lol >> not to be argumentative

but i never really expected that to fly xP i just needed something to make me look invested -swt-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 17 2015 23:30 GMT
#2454
On April 18 2015 08:29 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 08:14 LoneMeow wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:09 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?


Scum tried to push a mislynch on you and failed. That in itself should give you all the confidence you need.


lol >> not to be argumentative

but i never really expected that to fly xP i just needed something to make me look invested -swt-
And your reads aren't good enough so that I could scumread you for making a bad push. I hope you feel good about yourself.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 23:30 GMT
#2455
he's 100% right that you were obviously town though lol >< i couldn't justify keeping the push up once you started putting all that work in and yes that was why the nk

i'm wrong lotsabunches and still get nk'd early on a regular basis...looking town is a thing lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 17 2015 23:31 GMT
#2456
It's kinda funny, this game kinda changed my outlook on real life too. Other people really look for different things than me. You really need to understand them first, what they want to say, their motives. And finally if you want to convince someone you really have to be strategic, consistent, start slowly, making sure they follow your thoughts, double checking to make sure they are on it, support them, babysit them etc... it's an art.
I actually fear the thought that there are people like you guys in real life. They could plan a case against you, gaining support, swinging the momentum, nailing the coffin. All the while you can just watch and "eh, but". Still, there is hope, you just have to know how to be "constructive". The phrase "don't give up" seems kinda cheesy in movies, but it has a true meaning here imo.
Btw, just from hearing I can imagine there are games where the tone is much rougher, so this game here I think all the people were very nice, calm, collected, reasonable. I like that a lot. I wish real life people were more like this and not get offended or defensive over silly things, it simply doesn't "construct" anything.^^
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 23:31 GMT
#2457
On April 18 2015 08:30 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 08:29 rsoultin wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:14 LoneMeow wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:09 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 18 2015 08:04 rsoultin wrote:
lol

it wasn't to get even hts

you actually were the unlynchable townie after day 2...it was very obvious you were town and you were considering everything, whereas players like stutters/prp/bresh were just tunneled

you were the biggest threat


Ehhhhhhhhh......I was pretty focused on prplhz....eh I dunno. I guess that gives me some confidence in my townplay?


Scum tried to push a mislynch on you and failed. That in itself should give you all the confidence you need.


lol >> not to be argumentative

but i never really expected that to fly xP i just needed something to make me look invested -swt-
And your reads aren't good enough so that I could scumread you for making a bad push. I hope you feel good about yourself.


something has to help with my scum play!

i can't just post a lot lol >< or say rational things >< or make pushes

that's not ENOUGH for you people geez ><

xP
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 17 2015 23:35 GMT
#2458
On April 18 2015 08:31 plotspot wrote:
It's kinda funny, this game kinda changed my outlook on real life too. Other people really look for different things than me. You really need to understand them first, what they want to say, their motives. And finally if you want to convince someone you really have to be strategic, consistent, start slowly, making sure they follow your thoughts, double checking to make sure they are on it, support them, babysit them etc... it's an art.
I actually fear the thought that there are people like you guys in real life. They could plan a case against you, gaining support, swinging the momentum, nailing the coffin. All the while you can just watch and "eh, but". Still, there is hope, you just have to know how to be "constructive". The phrase "don't give up" seems kinda cheesy in movies, but it has a true meaning here imo.
Btw, just from hearing I can imagine there are games where the tone is much rougher, so this game here I think all the people were very nice, calm, collected, reasonable. I like that a lot. I wish real life people were more like this and not get offended or defensive over silly things, it simply doesn't "construct" anything.^^


lol yeah some of it gets pretty nasty there are some big egos in town lolol pun intended

and there's this crazy heuristic that if someone gets angry about being mislynched they're town...so people fake!rage...and also some people just react worse as town/scum so others will push them just for that reaction to make their read ><

at any rate, though, i think it's generally better to be firm in your pushes but still professional-ish (just ignore my filthy military language) cause if the person you're pushing is town they're much more likely to close up if you're ridiculously aggressive and nasty about it -shrugs-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 17 2015 23:43 GMT
#2459
your post are kinda hard to understand, maybe if i used the same formatting, i can channel on to it ><
what'd ya mean by filthy military language?
i kinda read on down under 2, this one guy going after you, that was extreme, but you also seemed to provoke him (unwittingly or not), did you noticed something to avoid so such a thing might not occur again?
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
April 17 2015 23:47 GMT
#2460
Something that I highly recommend for you really new guys is to see if you can shadow someone in a game. Shadowing is where you get placed with someone in a private QT and they will answer questions you might pose to then. What's their thought process, what they think, what they're trying to accomplish. I've done it with Artanis[XP] and it was amazing. You have to put in work though. They won't just give you a summary for you.

Also due to time constraints I've OBS which is good too but reading a game while it is happen is good too. You can practice your reads a little bit. Obs tends to have spoilers in them.
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 19
IndyStarCraft 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30590
Bisu 2814
Shuttle 1807
Hyuk 996
Mini 888
EffOrt 838
Larva 446
ZerO 258
Soma 247
firebathero 230
[ Show more ]
hero 148
Sexy 54
Hyun 44
Mong 40
PianO 39
Trap 37
Killer 34
Pusan 34
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 26
zelot 16
Bale 12
Rock 11
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10347
qojqva1691
Dendi905
Counter-Strike
fl0m2791
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1065
Liquid`Hasu596
Other Games
singsing1949
B2W.Neo947
FrodaN845
Beastyqt680
Mlord410
Hui .223
Livibee178
KnowMe175
Liquid`VortiX164
ArmadaUGS92
Mew2King74
Trikslyr30
CosmosSc2 14
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 51
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7792
League of Legends
• Jankos1761
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
• WagamamaTV212
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 48m
INu's Battles
19h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.