• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8313 users

Linux Mini Mafia - Page 66

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 130 Next
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:08 GMT
#1301
I can't explain why, but I want to lynch Robik. Just intuition, I suppose. I really don't like his claim and where he went with it.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 01 2015 09:08 GMT
#1302
On February 01 2015 18:04 Holyflare wrote:
Well since i like ff's list and he's not actually that bad his pushes on chez aren't actually bad either


I wish most of my scum wasn't lurkers tho
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:09 GMT
#1303
A lot of people are willing to lynch Robik, and since no one else is saying anything, I will decide. We are lynching Robik.

If you don't want to lynch Robik, please say something.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 01 2015 09:11 GMT
#1304
I'm in
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 01 2015 09:12 GMT
#1305
Heh, of course I'm down as long as we have enough votes. That's my only concern.

(I brought up killing him in the first place xP)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:13 GMT
#1306
In case people are wondering why I'm not voting Robik, I'm compiling the case first. In case I somehow get more sleepy, I would rather have to make a vote than a case.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 01 2015 09:27 GMT
#1307
Sorry Truffle gots to sleep. I'll change my vote if we can get the lynch some traction.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:27 GMT
#1308
IAmRobik


On January 31 2015 06:00 IAmRobik wrote:
Hard claiming Favored Distro

Now you know you can trust/follow me for the rest of the game until mafia put KP on me.

Robik opened the game by claiming named VT.

On January 31 2015 06:14 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 06:13 Trfel wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:10 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:09 Trfel wrote:
Why did Robik claim in the first place anyway? I have no experience in this area...

I'm sorry, roleclaims is something I don't understand in the slightest.

GlowingBear hard claimed VT in Student V Day 1 which you just played.

And the reason for that is to generate discussion.

I'm not sure if that is Robik's intent here. If it is, then my talking about it is good. If it isn't, it would be nice to know the real reason for why he did this?

I guess, I would think that feeding the mafia a free blue role (even if it is just a named VT) would not offset the benefits of his claim. In fact, I'm not really convinced that he is town. Should I be?

Because I'm really good at this game and if we lynch who I want to d1, we'll be down to 1 mafia in no time

This is his explanation.

On January 31 2015 06:15 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 06:15 Trfel wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:14 IAmRobik wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:13 Trfel wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:10 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:09 Trfel wrote:
Why did Robik claim in the first place anyway? I have no experience in this area...

I'm sorry, roleclaims is something I don't understand in the slightest.

GlowingBear hard claimed VT in Student V Day 1 which you just played.

And the reason for that is to generate discussion.

I'm not sure if that is Robik's intent here. If it is, then my talking about it is good. If it isn't, it would be nice to know the real reason for why he did this?

I guess, I would think that feeding the mafia a free blue role (even if it is just a named VT) would not offset the benefits of his claim. In fact, I'm not really convinced that he is town. Should I be?

Because I'm really good at this game and if we lynch who I want to d1, we'll be down to 1 mafia in no time

If you are this good at the game, can't you get us to follow you without claiming first?

Nah...people barely follow what I say even when I'm confirmed cop.

And then he says this. I didn't think too much of it at the time, since I figured that he was probably joking or being sarcastic (though I am having trouble seeing how). But when taken at face value, it makes no sense.

First, if he is a poor player or intends to be ineffective, claiming named VT is a very poor idea. It basically allows the mafia to choose if they would prefer to kill a named VT or whoever they would normally want to kill, and it can be assumed that the mafia will choose whatever they deem best. Mafia could always just ignore Robik and be more accurate with their nightkills/roleblocks for a potential role.

The upside to the claim is that everyone knows he is town, so we can follow him and trust him. But he didn't give us anything to follow (more on this later). And I maintain that if the players in the game have a brain (which they do in most games on this site, and this game seems to be fairly skilled), anyone can get people to follow their reads just by making a well-constructed, logical case. So, Robik feels that he wants to lead town, and that he needs to claim to do it. But he has trouble getting people to follow him even when he is confirmed cop. This doesn't make sense to me at all.

Meanwhile, as mafia, Robik has lots of incentive to claim named VT. Given the modification system that potentially adds an extra named VT to the game, we only know that a claimed blue is lying if there are four claimed blues. Since there are only three blues in the game 33% of the time, Robik's claim doesn't incriminate him 66% of the time, and even if there are in fact three blues in the game, Robik is safe until they all claim.

After the claim, Robik gave a fake scumread on Eden1892. Then he says he wants to lynch FecalFeast, no reasons provided. Then he says this game has too many scum. Then he votes Damdred for adding an unnecessary paragraph break.

If the game has too many scum, then why doesn't he share any of them with us? Especially seeing as he claimed with the intention of making him confirmed town and leading the town? As it is, all he gave us was two joke scumreads and one scumread with no reasoning in the slightest.

Robik has been hypocritical and ineffective. The claim doesn't make him town, but instead of using it to lead town, he has used it as an excuse for doing nothing.

##Vote Robik
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:29 GMT
#1309
Yay for cases at 4:30 AM..... Please forgive me if some parts don't make perfect sense, hopefully you can figure out the intent. I would like to think that everything is easy to understand, but at this hour I can't guarantee that is true, and I'm not sure if I can be back to clarify.

I need sleep, and I'm not confident in being online much until well after the deadline. Someone carry this lynch through please. Unless of course new information comes up.
Chezitwo
Profile Joined January 2015
United States553 Posts
February 01 2015 09:30 GMT
#1310
Hello, I seem to have missed 30 pages. I don't have much time today either, at least not for another 8 hours or so. If I can't catch up, I will sheep marv or HF.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:30 GMT
#1311
On February 01 2015 18:30 Chezitwo wrote:
Hello, I seem to have missed 30 pages. I don't have much time today either, at least not for another 8 hours or so. If I can't catch up, I will sheep marv or HF.

Hi Chezitwo.

Do you mind reading and commenting on the case I posted two posts above your post?
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 01 2015 09:32 GMT
#1312
On February 01 2015 18:04 Holyflare wrote:
Well since i like ff's list and he's not actually that bad his pushes on chez aren't actually bad either


The point where ff pointed out chez is attacking bottom feeders is solid. I made the same point when he attacked Ls
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:32 GMT
#1313
Sicklucker, vote Robik with me?
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 01 2015 09:33 GMT
#1314
On February 01 2015 18:05 rsoultin wrote:
I think the general consensus on Robik was either to never lynch him *coughSLcough*

Or to give him another day to see if he suddenly bleeds town


Er I still think its terrible. You convinced me enough that ill vote him over myself now if thats any consolation.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:35 GMT
#1315
Rsoultin, why couldn't you have stayed up one minute longer.... Not the first time we've had a mis-cue by one minute (Newbie Mafia Day 1, you left a minute before I switched votes).
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 01 2015 09:36 GMT
#1316
Theres always a thing called tomorrow.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:40 GMT
#1317
On February 01 2015 18:36 sicklucker wrote:
Theres always a thing called tomorrow.

I don't have tomorrow......

Sorry for getting anxious. I think I'm right, but I can't be there to force it through. I guess there's nothing to do but hope for a scum lynch, however it ends up.

But please, people, when you wake up, read my case. Decide for yourself. And if you agree with me, then vote Robik.
Chezitwo
Profile Joined January 2015
United States553 Posts
February 01 2015 09:43 GMT
#1318
On February 01 2015 18:30 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 18:30 Chezitwo wrote:
Hello, I seem to have missed 30 pages. I don't have much time today either, at least not for another 8 hours or so. If I can't catch up, I will sheep marv or HF.

Hi Chezitwo.

Do you mind reading and commenting on the case I posted two posts above your post?

Does a faulty device try to become favored, or would it settle to be average?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 09:46 GMT
#1319
On February 01 2015 18:43 Chezitwo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 18:30 Trfel wrote:
On February 01 2015 18:30 Chezitwo wrote:
Hello, I seem to have missed 30 pages. I don't have much time today either, at least not for another 8 hours or so. If I can't catch up, I will sheep marv or HF.

Hi Chezitwo.

Do you mind reading and commenting on the case I posted two posts above your post?

Does a faulty device try to become favored, or would it settle to be average?

It would probably settle for being average. That's what it says in the stickied TL Mafia guide.

It is generally bad for scum players to try and lead town, since they are at opposing goals, and it will make their alignment too obvious. Much easier for scum to simply avoid being lynched, while staying low profile.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 01 2015 09:47 GMT
#1320
I'm still up cause I'm an insomniac.

SL you boob. I quoted the so-called "scumread" of LS. Unless we're talking about different posts you don't have a leg to stand on there.

(Still <3 you as a person, though, you phoenix killer ;o;)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 461
Hyun 143
Dota 2
monkeys_forever477
League of Legends
Doublelift4210
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 460
ViBE250
Livibee196
KnowMe188
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick914
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
• Scarra847
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 6m
Patches Events
15h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 6m
OSC
23h 6m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.