• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:03
CEST 16:03
KST 23:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7690 users

Student Mafia V - Page 66

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 128 Next
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:02 GMT
#1301
[QUOTE]On January 18 2015 07:57 Trfel wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 18 2015 07:53 GlowingBear wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 18 2015 07:37 Trfel wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 18 2015 07:27 GlowingBear wrote:
War Waffle probably town[/QUOTE]
Why do you say this?[/QUOTE]

He is going against two vocal players, which is kinda a suicidal move for mafia to do.
The only motive he has to do this is if his partners are in danger and he wants to push a mislynch.
Which I doubt is the case.[/QUOTE]
I suppose I can see this.

At the same time, WarWaffle seemed to provide many more reads in the previous game. I know this game hasn't been going for as long yet, but there has been more posting here. And last game he had lots of time issues as well (I know he said he had some in this game, I think, but they should be less than last game).[/QUOTE]

This quote makes me think that if waffle kinda scums someone but then slowly backtracks that the person he is "slight scumming" is probably town. Probably a method to shed some suspicious light on someone without actually putting himself out there.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:04 GMT
#1302
On January 23 2015 09:00 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 08:54 jarjarbinks wrote:
This is about Trfel voting Geript at the beginning.

Do you guys think that Trfel would try to bus BOTH of his mafia bro's? I would definitely hope not. Especially right out of the gate. I could see him bussing one and maybe joining a lynchtrain on the other, but trying to kill off both your buddies seems messed up to me.

If geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel lol

But anyways, what are your thoughts on this rsoultin? Think that possibly gives any towncred to geript if LM does turn scum? Definitely an if statement lol


Scum is told the setup so they would have known there was two investigative roles so i think it is possible if not likely that scum busses both partners (maybe not the roelblocker) because you would want to distance from your team.


That makes sense. Since he was a goon then, we might expect to see LM as the other goon over the roleblocker.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 00:07 GMT
#1303
On January 23 2015 08:48 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2015 12:00 Trfel wrote:
On January 17 2015 11:57 rsoultin wrote:
On January 17 2015 11:50 Trfel wrote:
Ok, I will respond to jarjar's request for a no lynch. No, we will definitely lynch.

No lynch on Day 1 is bad because it usually leaves you in an almost equally uninformed position on Day 2. Eventually you have to make that first lynch. Yes, town is often lynched on Day 1, but you can still lynch scum on Day 1 with effective play (and a bit of luck).

I will keep my vote on geript until I feel that it is better for me to move it. It is really silly to ask me for rules for what I will do with my vote, since it's my own judgement and there is absolutely no reason for me to try and set rules for every possible scenario.


Mhm.

The question was not what your rules are. The question was do you intend to scumhunt at all? Why is it so difficult for you to answer a simple question? Will you or will you not adhere to policy voting over scumread voting? Since you can't possibly be scumreading geript off of no posting (and have admitted to such) I feel that it's a valid question.

I don't understand where you are coming from. Of course I intend to scumhunt. Why do you ask a question which has only one answer?


I remember him getting a lot of towncred for this statement. I still didn't get why. I knew GB was one of the guys who towncredded him. Was the other geript? I don't see how town and mafia could respond differently to this.


heh i was thinking on why ppl were ignoring what to me seemed pretty clear but i think it comes down to ppl mistaking active for town. i dont think defending oneself in gen is alignment indicative frankly. thus not being impressed by the ww post from trfel like geript was.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:14 GMT
#1304
Man Trfel literally did everything to defend me in this game. Like in almost every post he mentioned me. Makes me wonder if/when he knew I was tracker. It would make more sense to hard defend me if I wasn't tracker. Then I would be more likely to die and he could claim "knowledge" or whatever. If he knew, I would think he would have wanted to lynch me.

Maybe I wasn't as obvious as I thought? I do post very strange posts often xD
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 23 2015 00:17 GMT
#1305
@JJB am i correct in assuming you scumread LM?

What do you think of the fact that basically no one disagrees with this?

Feel free to answer this aswell RSo.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 00:18 GMT
#1306
On January 23 2015 08:43 Damdred wrote:
Geript why is what beshke saying so good when it's almost the exact thing that me and rsoultin were saying night 1? Besides the New info

If you said it I didn't really notice. TBH, I've been trying to ignore rsoultin, she's been pissing me off and every time I think she could be mafia I go reread her and don't think that anymore. I just think she's newbie town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 00:21 GMT
#1307
On January 23 2015 08:54 jarjarbinks wrote:
This is about Trfel voting Geript at the beginning.

Do you guys think that Trfel would try to bus BOTH of his mafia bro's? I would definitely hope not. Especially right out of the gate. I could see him bussing one and maybe joining a lynchtrain on the other, but trying to kill off both your buddies seems messed up to me.

If geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel lol

But anyways, what are your thoughts on this rsoultin? Think that possibly gives any towncred to geript if LM does turn scum? Definitely an if statement lol

You have all my wat.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 00:22 GMT
#1308
Like I really just want to lynch JJB so bad, but literally no one's CC'd him so I can't.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:22 GMT
#1309
On January 23 2015 09:17 Breshke wrote:
@JJB am i correct in assuming you scumread LM?

What do you think of the fact that basically no one disagrees with this?

Feel free to answer this aswell RSo.


It does bother me. I could definitely see why mafia would abandon LM based on his inactivity. If LM is mafia I could see LM telling them it would be ok if they bussed him.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:24 GMT
#1310
On January 23 2015 09:21 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 08:54 jarjarbinks wrote:
This is about Trfel voting Geript at the beginning.

Do you guys think that Trfel would try to bus BOTH of his mafia bro's? I would definitely hope not. Especially right out of the gate. I could see him bussing one and maybe joining a lynchtrain on the other, but trying to kill off both your buddies seems messed up to me.

If geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel lol

But anyways, what are your thoughts on this rsoultin? Think that possibly gives any towncred to geript if LM does turn scum? Definitely an if statement lol

You have all my wat.


I was saying that you look less suspicious. You want to lynch me for that?
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:25 GMT
#1311
On January 23 2015 09:00 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 08:54 jarjarbinks wrote:
This is about Trfel voting Geript at the beginning.

Do you guys think that Trfel would try to bus BOTH of his mafia bro's? I would definitely hope not. Especially right out of the gate. I could see him bussing one and maybe joining a lynchtrain on the other, but trying to kill off both your buddies seems messed up to me.

If geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel lol

But anyways, what are your thoughts on this rsoultin? Think that possibly gives any towncred to geript if LM does turn scum? Definitely an if statement lol


Scum is told the setup so they would have known there was two investigative roles so i think it is possible if not likely that scum busses both partners (maybe not the roelblocker) because you would want to distance from your team.


Do you think this correlates with how Rsoultin went after Trfel so hard so early?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 00:26 GMT
#1312
"if geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel"

Roles are already out. Him randomly pushing me for shitty reasons doesn't mean anything. Literally nothing.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:27 GMT
#1313
On January 23 2015 09:26 geript wrote:
"if geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel"

Roles are already out. Him randomly pushing me for shitty reasons doesn't mean anything. Literally nothing.


It was a joke. I was trying to point out a reason for you to look more town.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 23 2015 00:29 GMT
#1314
Whatever.

I see my posts are going nowhere. I was just trying to help. I'll be back on later if people have questions about anything I wrote.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 00:30 GMT
#1315
Yes, and I'm telling you it's a bad reason to think I'm more town. Like you could just read my filter and figure out how extra more town I am.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 23 2015 00:31 GMT
#1316
On January 23 2015 09:25 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 09:00 Breshke wrote:
On January 23 2015 08:54 jarjarbinks wrote:
This is about Trfel voting Geript at the beginning.

Do you guys think that Trfel would try to bus BOTH of his mafia bro's? I would definitely hope not. Especially right out of the gate. I could see him bussing one and maybe joining a lynchtrain on the other, but trying to kill off both your buddies seems messed up to me.

If geript turns mafia, PLEASE don't let me be mafia with Trfel lol

But anyways, what are your thoughts on this rsoultin? Think that possibly gives any towncred to geript if LM does turn scum? Definitely an if statement lol


Scum is told the setup so they would have known there was two investigative roles so i think it is possible if not likely that scum busses both partners (maybe not the roelblocker) because you would want to distance from your team.


Do you think this correlates with how Rsoultin went after Trfel so hard so early?


No not really because im reading RSo as town and speculating on how the mafia team would act isnt really a reason to reconsider that. Like they might bus more but they might also just hard defend because wifom.

Why do you ask this do you have other reasons to think she is mafia?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 00:34 GMT
#1317
Shining has posted less than I remember from the Newbie game. ~1.5 pages when she had about 2-3 I think at this point in the newbie. That's interesting.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 00:40 GMT
#1318
On January 23 2015 09:14 jarjarbinks wrote:
Man Trfel literally did everything to defend me in this game. Like in almost every post he mentioned me. Makes me wonder if/when he knew I was tracker. It would make more sense to hard defend me if I wasn't tracker. Then I would be more likely to die and he could claim "knowledge" or whatever. If he knew, I would think he would have wanted to lynch me.

Maybe I wasn't as obvious as I thought? I do post very strange posts often xD


lol...jjb...you said there was no doc/cop setup. if you're not scum (which is the assumption without a cc) by default you're the tracker xP and they can kill/rb you whenever they want

also not sure why this matters as a discussion point o.0
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 00:43 GMT
#1319
On January 23 2015 09:17 Breshke wrote:
@JJB am i correct in assuming you scumread LM?

What do you think of the fact that basically no one disagrees with this?

Feel free to answer this aswell RSo.


Eh, hard to say. It's still early in the day. I will undoubtedly doubt myself and maybe even get cold feet if it still looks like this at EoD, but for now I don't think it's particularly concerning.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 00:45 GMT
#1320
On January 23 2015 09:34 geript wrote:
Shining has posted less than I remember from the Newbie game. ~1.5 pages when she had about 2-3 I think at this point in the newbie. That's interesting.


Do you have any other reasons to think he's scum, geript, apart from filter length? Assuming that was where the interesting comment was leading.

(If it's something I can address that's pissing you off, please let me know. I'm actually not here to take the fun out of things. :/)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 250
MaxPax 202
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65738
Calm 4028
Shuttle 3399
Bisu 1746
FanTaSy 1517
EffOrt 703
Mini 594
Soma 479
Rush 448
Stork 340
[ Show more ]
Light 272
firebathero 255
Hyuk 235
Snow 204
ZerO 160
Soulkey 128
Barracks 111
actioN 110
Zeus 85
Last 80
Killer 70
Dewaltoss 68
hero 64
Mong 57
Pusan 50
Hyun 43
Shinee 41
Bale 37
Free 36
ToSsGirL 31
Shine 29
PianO 21
Sharp 21
Aegong 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
Dendi805
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1277
kRYSTAL_117
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko449
Other Games
gofns47281
singsing2157
B2W.Neo697
hiko449
crisheroes293
byalli275
DeMusliM250
Livibee219
Hui .183
Liquid`VortiX131
Mew2King83
Rex54
ZerO(Twitch)14
Trikslyr1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1121
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 12m
Replay Cast
8h 57m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.