• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:49
CEST 06:49
KST 13:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8737 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 265 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 09 2014 16:35 GMT
#861
All notifications are done at the start or end of day/night.
Come on guys, this is simple.......

ANYWAY ITS COMPLETELY RANDOM WHAT THE PRESENTS ARE, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Tubesock, whos scum?
No gg, No skill.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 16:49 GMT
#862
GlowingBear,

Can you elaborate more on why Templur is scummy?

I read him acting very towny. He started and continued the thread for a good while. While his posts were long, you can certainly argue they were time wasting, they mostly had reads in them. I will be going back and rereading the timings of his posts with the ideas in them to verify your/HF/Ritokey's idea that he just repeated everyone elses read. But when you guys first pushed him I felt like he was the one feeding people the reads and they reacted to him.

Some things I'll ask him later or hopefully he responds to is why list Kelsier to null then later bold town? It didn't appear that Kels did anything to warrant a change. I still have Kels null to scum since he didn't post anything other than constantly talking to 27NB about bras and slippers. Then Kel fishes for scrooge as a "trap" but gets boldface town for it? Do you see that as scummy too or at least very unproductive (naive town)?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 09 2014 16:49 GMT
#863
Morning guys I overslept by 6 hours and missed work so took a sick day haha. Anyway just caught up.

I like koshi currently, I somewhat like oats. Kush is Kish again I guess probably town. Ows is being useless and data getting town reads which I'm hesitant to agree with.

I actually kinda like LS right now

obviously don't like loan though
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 09 2014 16:57 GMT
#864
Ls said something that makes me not want to lynch him atm.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 17:00 GMT
#865
On December 10 2014 01:35 Oatsmaster wrote:
All notifications are done at the start or end of day/night.
Come on guys, this is simple.......

ANYWAY ITS COMPLETELY RANDOM WHAT THE PRESENTS ARE, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Tubesock, whos scum?


Strongest scum is 27NB - mostly wishy washy Froggy is ok but I'm scum listing him. Then 9 pages of my boobs are too big.

Kelsier but I'm not very confident on him. His scrooge claim irritates me, along with it took a long time for him to have a post of substance or attempted substance.

Alakaslam - mostly I feel he just fishes for people willing to put in the effort for his weird ass posts. I go back and forth between thinking every letter matters and has meaning with him or not. He claims he made the snowman which I assume is his way of saying he figured it out, but uh, how is that remotely possible? Oh and he's a ghost he says. Among many other things. He just wastes so many peoples time. Also, there is bias because I realize I'm too stupid to comprehend what he's actually saying.

I'm pretty intimidated by a few of the players. They just seem like all they have to do is put up a big post (Templur) and bam I feel they are super towny. There's 1 thing about Temp that I am hesitant about otherwise I would strong town him. Which I then WIFOM myself and think he's trying too hard and is mafia thinking/realizing he can easily manipulate us newbies into chaos and mlynching.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 09 2014 17:03 GMT
#866
Well tube do you believe template role claim?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
December 09 2014 17:04 GMT
#867
Why do you scumlist froggy, tube?
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
December 09 2014 17:07 GMT
#868
I'm laughing so hard right now. Like so hard.
I love the votes on me, I really do. Im doing a bit of rereading, but I won't br able to make a huge post until after my final today.

That being said, I noticed some things after I left for my date (which went amazing btw. I got serenaded. So fucking hot)

So people were curious as to why I put 2/3 town who were jumping on the froggy scum thing. That's because I was reading then town for posts they said that werent in regards to froggy at all. The reason I put froggy as iffy was because, 1. I said his post wasnt alignment indicative, but that doesnt mean I have a read on him. He hadnt said anything else up to the point I posted my reads, so I put him as iffy for not having a read.

Im only up to page 21, so I have a long way to go, but Ill try and read through quick and posts thoughts along the way. If you have questions for me Ill be more than happy to answer.

Keep in mind you are lynching a town here. Im hoping to be able to redeem myself.

To victory boys and girls!
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 17:10 GMT
#869
On December 10 2014 02:04 Vivax wrote:
Why do you scumlist froggy, tube?


Crap, I didn't. I think he's null. Shit, I totally meant I scum 27NB for her posts that were wishy washy on Froggy but later scum lists him and continues talking about her boobs being too big for bras. I should have put quotations. Sorry, It's 3 am here and I'm fading. But can't sleep cause this stupid game is consuming me.




On December 10 2014 02:03 Damdred wrote:
Well tube do you believe template role claim?


No, I am discarding his Santa "claim" and I think I saw another but I didn't give it any credence. I need to go back and reread that.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 09 2014 17:12 GMT
#870
How is it possible for it to be 3am but you are in the United States?
No gg, No skill.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 09 2014 17:12 GMT
#871
On December 09 2014 22:31 LightningStrike wrote:
I been reading this game and other games because like half the people I not played with before and also I am town this game I will role claim if I have to.


No, that won't be necessary. My first read through I had LightningStrike as a townie who might be an easy target for mafia to jump on. Content wasn't great, but seemed to mean well. Need to take a look at the people giving him a hard time to see if their posts are justified or taking advantage of the situation.

kush is actively trolling. Leaning scum based on the fact that he isn't even attempting to read, but wouldn't mind lynching him regardless of what he may flip.

On December 10 2014 00:25 Vivax wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 10 2014 00:10 Tubesock wrote:
Holy Moses.

I didn't think I was such a slow reader but it's been hours and I feel I will never catch up to the thread while taking notes also. I'm trying to get reads, but they are conflicting with people who I feel are pretty freaking smart sounding. Namely, Koshi and Xata.

Koshi, since you are here can you tell me more about your HTS read? I feel I'm fairly null/town on her. Namely, I believe that Froggy's plynch statement isn't meaningful. Bunny latches and basically posts it's probably bad but she thinks it's ok. Then scum lists Froggy. Then several people jump on her and later Dam asks HTS about the Froggy/plynch read. HTS replies that it's null on his part but Bunnies scum listing is scummy. HTS doesn't seem to scumlist Froggy. Then a bunch more people argue (kelsierSC, Bats, Viv others). I'd like to know why I should elevate the signifigance of HTS's reads and downplay Bunny's?

Also I think people should read this more closely from the OP:

Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 19:32 Palmar wrote:
Setup Information


All the roles below can be present in the game, and no role has any sort of a guarantee that it exists in the game. There may for example be three Ghosts of Christmas Yet To Come, no other Ghosts and no Scrooge, yet Marley might be present. In the same sense, there may be Disgruntled Christmas Workers without any Santas or Branch Managers. There may also be multiple instances of the same role.



It appears that given bad enough RNG we could have 6 Marlows, or 6 Mass Murderers, or 0.

Which makes me wonder why we had a Scrooge claim?? It makes me wonder if any claims will matter as we can have multiples...so why not counterclaim?


This post looks very mafiaish at this stage of the game.

Tube summarizes some stuff about the argument revolving bunnies and then HTS (which I still have to read atm), and asks another player "stuff" about it as if he couldn't judge it on his own, apparently cause it conflicts with his own reads (what are his reads???). Guessing from the post it would be that he's scumreading 27nb but not HTS, cause he's asking Koshi if he should give more priority to HTS instead of 27nb.

This is the sort of post I expect from a mafia who simply divides the game into different "wagon camps" consisting of different players and then works off that instead of genuinely working off arguments and reads. When he has the information, he doesn't know what to do with it in order to start looking townie. So his best bet is to start a discussion about it with some player he deems influential, and then post some random setup related stuff.


Does this part seem mafiaish to you?
"but they are conflicting with people who I feel are pretty freaking smart sounding. Namely, Koshi and Xata."

What makes it seem like he is trying to sheep town leaders as mafia, rather than trying to identify townies and listen to what they have to say? I kinda found myself thinking that Xata was making a fair amount of sense would be someone to listen to. Not so sure about koshi as he has the content but not sure about motives yet, but does that and the role count talk really seem scummy to you? I had the opposite reaction after reading the post.

rsoultin seems to decide Obi would be a good vote and then goes back to find reasons why afterwords. Maybe he hadn't had a time to express himself in the thread yet, but that's the impression that I got.

fecal and bat I need to spend some time looking at.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 17:18 GMT
#872
On December 10 2014 02:12 Oatsmaster wrote:
How is it possible for it to be 3am but you are in the United States?


I live in Alaska but am currently in Papua New Guinea (same time zone as Brisbane, Australia).
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 09 2014 17:20 GMT
#873
On December 10 2014 02:10 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 02:04 Vivax wrote:
Why do you scumlist froggy, tube?


Crap, I didn't. I think he's null. Shit, I totally meant I scum 27NB for her posts that were wishy washy on Froggy but later scum lists him and continues talking about her boobs being too big for bras. I should have put quotations. Sorry, It's 3 am here and I'm fading. But can't sleep cause this stupid game is consuming me.




Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 02:03 Damdred wrote:
Well tube do you believe template role claim?


No, I am discarding his Santa "claim" and I think I saw another but I didn't give it any credence. I need to go back and reread that.


I don't think he ever made a Santa claim at all... He did make a joy claim though
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 09 2014 17:21 GMT
#874
From what I recall, kush claims that the easiest way to figure him out is whether or not he is actually bothering to read filters, since he is incapable of doing so as mafia. Seems like that would apply here.

I can't seem to find the quote myself though. Thought it was in the Doctor Who 2 quicktopic but apparently not.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 17:22 GMT
#875
Damdred, I didn't know if you meant since he was writing as Santa. I reread his joy claim but I disregarded it. I feel like he was fishing to see if anyone was reading closely enough and cared enough to point it out. I missed it.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 17:23 GMT
#876
On December 10 2014 02:21 kitaman27 wrote:
From what I recall, kush claims that the easiest way to figure him out is whether or not he is actually bothering to read filters, since he is incapable of doing so as mafia. Seems like that would apply here.

I can't seem to find the quote myself though. Thought it was in the Doctor Who 2 quicktopic but apparently not.


I've seen that from him or posted about him in either Campus or the other Student IV threads. Those are the only other two threads I've tried to read. I'm pretty sure it's in Campus.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 09 2014 17:26 GMT
#877
Meh we asked template for a story he delivered I wouldn't lynch a claimed named vt today I believe.

kush did this stunt in the anime mafia game as town as well....so there's that
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 09 2014 17:34 GMT
#878
On December 10 2014 02:23 Tubesock wrote:
I've seen that from him or posted about him in either Campus or the other Student IV threads. Those are the only other two threads I've tried to read. I'm pretty sure it's in Campus.


Tube, regarding Kush, it was hard to tell, using meta (either myself or Damdred, who has played with him more), he was fine because his posts are sporadic as town, but without meta, using the Scrooge claim and considering the ninja vote, he was looking pretty scumlike. Others (Xatalo) I know for sure was saying they haven't seen him this "nonsensical" before.

I went through FF again. He's still mostly null until I get to a few posts, but what is coming off as scumlike is his thoughts is the post on LS and his last post to Ritoky. It's not strong, but I don't know why he's brushing Ritoky off like that. Ritoky generally speaking has been reasonable so far d1.

Kitaman's reads are coming in as pretty town seeing his thought process and reasoning from last night and today.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
December 09 2014 17:35 GMT
#879
27NB,

Can you read KelsierSC and Vivax for me?

To be clear you iff'd Froggy due to no posts (ok like 2) and sheeped him based off towning either/or/all of Ritoky, Damdred (you towned him in your list), and HF?
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 09 2014 17:38 GMT
#880
27NB - Can you explain why you voted Ritoky straightaway and then did not scumlist him at all in your list? That was the one thing that jumped out at me. Do you have any thoughts on Ritoky now?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 265 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1387
910 86
NotJumperer 80
Bale 43
Hyun 36
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
febbydoto28
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King133
Other Games
summit1g7779
Coldzera 740
JimRising 636
hungrybox582
WinterStarcraft329
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 27
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota291
League of Legends
• Lourlo864
• Rush820
• Stunt284
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 11m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.