• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7686 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:19 GMT
#3688
On December 17 2014 06:14 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 06:11 froggynoddy wrote:
I see. But if HF is town then it makes little sense for rit to go on Kelsier (I know I'm slow to the party...). Is rit+GB+HF scum team viable? Seems like super risky scum play to me.


-shrugs- It's a good question. I've already explained how it's possible, but it assumes both GB and rit are scum. If GB doesn't want HF to flip, and GB and rit are working together, then it's not a stretch that rit doesn't want HF to flip either. It is possible that they're all scum, anything's possible...but fighting like this seems like it would be hard to sustain this long.


I don't likt this logic. I think it would be quite easy to sustain a concerted argument as scum, you can pretty much rehearse it in QT no? If you can consider it possible for GB and rit working together then you to also have to consider GB and HF working together.

I personally think GB slightly more likley than HF if rit flips. But I think there might be others I want to look to first (like SL + Oats). I still think Templar looks bad.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:20 GMT
#3689
On December 17 2014 06:17 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 06:14 froggynoddy wrote:
Well come to think of it. If Rit jumps on HF and HF flips town. Then Kelsier + Rit team is pretty much confirmed. Whilst if he goes on to Kelsier, then only Kelsier (who he knew would flip) is confirmed and Rit has time to make more moves.

Does that make sense?


I have posted this several times yes.


OK sorry. Am struggling to absorb everything in 1 + 2 bouts of reading per day.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:46 GMT
#3695
Hang on. Rit has to have opened the present as scum. If he passed it on and guessed then he had a 50% chance of being wrong right?? (that seems an incredibly risky play as scum does it not?).

No one had claimed getting the seer present at that time or am I being thick?

If he is scum and he opened the present then he would almost certainly have shot someone that night. 2 people died N2 so he was RB'ed by medic or he shot into a vet (or scum KP-ed into a vet).

I feel that the above scenario is the only one that makes sense if rit is scum. And I feel like there are too many iffs... why do I doubt like everything...

'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:48 GMT
#3697
On December 17 2014 06:45 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 06:19 froggynoddy wrote:
I personally think GB slightly more likley than HF if rit flips. But I think there might be others I want to look to first (like SL + Oats). I still think Templar looks bad.


What in particular reinforced your read of him? (since you said you still think...)

Also wrapped up your case Rasputin on GB....looking good. Couldn't find any issues.
At this point, let's just see what happens with Ritoky and take things from there.


I don't think its reinforced. I just think he has done nothing to dispell my earlier impression of appearing to help and being present in town discussions, without actually putting much content that genuinely helps town.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:52 GMT
#3700
Yeah, my reasoning on templar can pretty much be applied to slam. I just have no idea whether he is just insane...
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:54 GMT
#3703
I'm pretty sure slam is testing waters for an easy lurker lynch on me to divert the wagon. Possibly GB also as he has mentioned multiple times that he thinks I am scum.

That being said I have been pretty shit so I can understand why a townie would want to lynch me. You'd just think they'd do a better job of it if they were town i.e. not float a read and not actually vote/ try convinving people.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 21:58 GMT
#3705
On December 17 2014 06:46 froggynoddy wrote:
Hang on. Rit has to have opened the present as scum. If he passed it on and guessed then he had a 50% chance of being wrong right?? (that seems an incredibly risky play as scum does it not?).

No one had claimed getting the seer present at that time or am I being thick?

If he is scum and he opened the present then he would almost certainly have shot someone that night. 2 people died N2 so he was RB'ed by medic or he shot into a vet (or scum KP-ed into a vet).

I feel that the above scenario is the only one that makes sense if rit is scum. And I feel like there are too many iffs... why do I doubt like everything...



BTW does anyone have thoughts on this? I'm just starting to feel that rit might just be stupid rather than scum. I think its too late to do anything about it but thoughts?
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 22:00 GMT
#3706
On December 17 2014 06:52 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 06:52 froggynoddy wrote:
Yeah, my reasoning on templar can pretty much be applied to slam. I just have no idea whether he is just insane...

I am insane actually, sup?


I was talking about slam.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 22:04 GMT
#3708
I guess. As mentioned previously I suppose Rit has to die as otherwise our D4 will be so screwed.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 16 2014 22:17 GMT
#3710
No forget my stupid doubts. I think a last minute switch would damage town regardless of Rit's alignment at this stage..

As for better lynches:

I don't like SL or GB but part of me thinks that's partially OMGUSING on my part cuz from what I have read they just say really dumb/unnecessarily aggresive stuff. GB scummier than SL as per your case and my thoughts on it but not enough to go off rit.

Templar, slam and perhaps Oats are scummy lurkers rather than simply AFK/ town lurkers for reasons previously disclosed.

Vivax I am a little worried about. Says some reasonable stuff but doesn't... actually ... do anything as far as I can tell.

So the answer in short is no. No better reads.

Squeaky bum time it is.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 17 2014 19:48 GMT
#3862
On December 17 2014 12:23 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 12:01 Holyflare wrote:
On December 17 2014 11:52 GlowingBear wrote:
On December 17 2014 11:42 rsoultin wrote:
Lol I guess we're all mafia then, according to GB logic

How do you know the person who gave it to him is even still alive, GB? We've got a lot of dead right now ^^


If he has got the present day3, the person was still alive day2.
I the person was still alive day2, if it wasn't Kelsier who gave the present to HF, it was either obi or Trfel.

Considering Trfel ended up voting HF and obi wasn't sure about HF, they probably didn't send him the present.

My question continues: who sent the present to holyflare?


I didn't send the present to fecal you tool i got the present n1 and sent it on day 2. That person then sent it to fecal day 3 and here we are with fecal receiving it n3.


And that person is...?

Rsoultin, it's pretty clear who I'm scumreading right now and you can take froggynoddy out of that list.

I may be wrong on SL because he claimed that he sent a present to damdred and maybe, MAYBE mafia preferred to kill damdy instead of roleblocking him night2. I don't really know.

Really, you should read what I wrote. There are some mistypings but you can clearly see my stream of thought. You've been hard defending HF and ignoring my points and trying to discredit me for a long time. I'm ignoring you because you're either scum or donkey town for now.

I think I have just one more post left now. Gonna really try to sleep.


As flattered as I am you've called me scum most of the game. Why are you flip-flopping on every single read?
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 17 2014 19:50 GMT
#3863
On December 17 2014 22:27 rsoultin wrote:
My issue with froggy is he very suddenly became active Day 3. Most active I've seen him. Could easily interpret that to have some sort of special significance...but regardless I doubt he's a good Day 4 lynch unless we just like to gamble lol.

(Also, not really sure that we should be lynching anyone at this point based solely on filter length. Filter length+content I'm good with.)


That's a fair criticism. The answer is rather banal. GF is on the night shift (as is the case tonight) so have more time to read/post. I also felt rather guilty for potentially getting myself mis-lynched due to my inactivity.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 17 2014 19:55 GMT
#3864
So I have been thinking. I think Mafia had to have the remaining presents as it makes no sense for Rit to guess with a 50% chance of being wrong and leavig yourself vulnerable to a counterclaim. I feel like the only logical play for Ritovky was to claim vig-present to hide a mass-murderer shot and confuse town.

This must (you'd think) have been vetted by his scum-buddies. This means that scum should have had both presents as otherwise the risk would be too great.

So I guess my question is... how does FF have a present as town?
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
December 17 2014 20:29 GMT
#3876
Guys you are completely missunderstanding what I am saying. It makes very little sense for this present to be a bomb. It makes no sense for Ritovky to even have a present as scum (as he has a shot and cannot use two actions I think - need to check the set-up rules).

But what does make sense is that they can safely fake claim opening a vigi present. This must mean (unless they play some sort of risky play as described by HF) that they had control or knowledge of all the presents.

Unless they only have 1 present left and that they knew that it was a bomb would they pass that present to a town FF. That situation just does not make sense as I don't think that the vig presnet has been opened (unless scum worked out from their KP that one of the N1 shots must have been a present?? UNlikely).

Again I think either FF is scum or they are making a really weird attempt of framing FF...
'better still, a satisfied man'
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4397
Leta 1864
Shuttle 1496
ZergMaN 56
sorry 54
Shine 41
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
summit1g6523
WinterStarcraft678
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 22
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1340
• Lourlo1130
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 16m
Patches Events
8h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
OSC
16h 16m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.