• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8199 users

Russia Today Mini Mafia - Page 131

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 170 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 01 2014 20:03 GMT
#2601
On December 02 2014 04:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I'm defeated because no matter how much I try to do or say people say meh and switch back to me.

Its insane bit oh well

How do you know if you aren't even trying?


am trying when I'm in thread I just know I'm lynched
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 01 2014 20:10 GMT
#2602
On December 02 2014 04:42 Holyflare wrote:
i don't think i've ever seen him so wishy washy on reading a person to call him both town and a lynch he wants to go for

You don't look for one specific thing when you meta. You look at the trend. What are the persons tendencies. And no, I'm not going to go back and look at that meta again. Proving things works both ways HF; you've said X, Y and Z about Obi. I just finished reading a bunch of pages about him. We disagree about a read; it won't be the first time and it won't be the last. Is my read strong enough that I'd stake my mafia career on it and never play again if I'm wrong? No (besides that would be against the rules). From what I recall, he's been wishy-washy before; I think I saw points of it in both his town and mafia play. I also know that generally what happens is that people forget about or drop good townreads they had early on. Marv had a decent townread on Obi early, Palmer did too. I don't remember where you were at on him. I just don't see a reason to lynch a guy because he said one super scummy scummy thing especially when half the fucking game has said something equally if not more scummy than him.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:13 GMT
#2603
On December 02 2014 05:03 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 04:59 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 02 2014 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I'm defeated because no matter how much I try to do or say people say meh and switch back to me.

Its insane bit oh well

How do you know if you aren't even trying?


am trying when I'm in thread I just know I'm lynched

We seem to understand the term "trying" in a very different way. If you keep resigning like this and then flip town I will be really disappointed with you.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 01 2014 20:13 GMT
#2604
You know what. Fuck it.
##unvote
##vote Sn0
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 01 2014 20:18 GMT
#2605
On December 02 2014 05:13 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 05:03 Damdred wrote:
On December 02 2014 04:59 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 02 2014 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I'm defeated because no matter how much I try to do or say people say meh and switch back to me.

Its insane bit oh well

How do you know if you aren't even trying?


am trying when I'm in thread I just know I'm lynched

We seem to understand the term "trying" in a very different way. If you keep resigning like this and then flip town I will be really disappointed with you.


I've given my thoughts sno is making things up and acting scummy but yea I'll flip town
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 01 2014 20:22 GMT
#2606
On December 02 2014 05:10 geript wrote:
Palmer did too.


Did I?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 01 2014 20:23 GMT
#2607
Tbh Superbia is making me doubt my pro first post analysis with his absence.
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:25 GMT
#2608
On December 02 2014 05:18 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 05:13 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 02 2014 05:03 Damdred wrote:
On December 02 2014 04:59 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 02 2014 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I'm defeated because no matter how much I try to do or say people say meh and switch back to me.

Its insane bit oh well

How do you know if you aren't even trying?


am trying when I'm in thread I just know I'm lynched

We seem to understand the term "trying" in a very different way. If you keep resigning like this and then flip town I will be really disappointed with you.


I've given my thoughts sno is making things up and acting scummy but yea I'll flip town

Then give more thoughts. Give us a read on every player (yeah, you kinda did so) and compare their play to other games. Tel us why you are town and why we should not lynch you. Do anything. Getting mislynched is pretty awful and if you don't fight against it I will just assume that you are scum.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:27 GMT
#2609
Like even if you know you are lynched like you say that only means that you have to put in effort for a little over 2 hours.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 01 2014 20:27 GMT
#2610
On December 02 2014 05:10 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 04:42 Holyflare wrote:
i don't think i've ever seen him so wishy washy on reading a person to call him both town and a lynch he wants to go for

You don't look for one specific thing when you meta. You look at the trend. What are the persons tendencies. And no, I'm not going to go back and look at that meta again. Proving things works both ways HF; you've said X, Y and Z about Obi. I just finished reading a bunch of pages about him. We disagree about a read; it won't be the first time and it won't be the last. Is my read strong enough that I'd stake my mafia career on it and never play again if I'm wrong? No (besides that would be against the rules). From what I recall, he's been wishy-washy before; I think I saw points of it in both his town and mafia play. I also know that generally what happens is that people forget about or drop good townreads they had early on. Marv had a decent townread on Obi early, Palmer did too. I don't remember where you were at on him. I just don't see a reason to lynch a guy because he said one super scummy scummy thing especially when half the fucking game has said something equally if not more scummy than him.


this whole paragraph is useless and poses nothing to the game when I just took the meta that you made for obi by reading his past games and applied it to this game you shouldn't be reading him anything other than mafia

he has literally only been town read for the first like 2 hours of the game AND THEN AFK'D THE ENTIRE GAME, you're saying "oh these people town read him!" who gives a crap? how is that relevant? it's not ONE scummy thing at all, it's a multitude of scummy things culminating in one scummy pile

you can't just say that you disagree without stating WHAT you disagree on

On December 02 2014 04:44 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 02:49 geript wrote:
HF, IDK about Obi's meta. The differences that I'm seeing from Obi's meta are:
1) As town he tends to give out more ideas
2) As town, he tends to play to have fun and enjoy himself which tends to level out later in the game; + townpoints
3) As town his vote tends to bounce around a bunch; + scumpoints
4) His post length is slightly more one-linery as town but that seems to change game to game

I don't think there's a good meta reason to be voting him over Damdred.


1) he has given out absolutely no ideas this game

2) he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself at all, in fact quite the opposite, he's aggravated at legitimate points and then goes back to afk when under pressure to return and do nothing when the lynch is on damdred EVEN THOUGH HE SAID DAMDRED LOOKS MORE TOWNY NOW AND HE'D DEFEND HIM IF HE DID

3) hasn't happened this game

4) it's almost exclusively 1 liners as town, never have I really seen him go wall of text wishy washy reads like this game


so it's not exactly a shit meta read, it's just you've applied it really badly to this game

Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 01 2014 20:27 GMT
#2611
JAT you said there was still reasons to wagon me. Can you elaborate?
Computer says mafia
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 01 2014 20:30 GMT
#2612
Driving and then I'll give final reads
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:30 GMT
#2613
On December 02 2014 05:27 Palmar wrote:
JAT you said there was still reasons to wagon me. Can you elaborate?

Being useless and therefore unreadable. Basically a policy lynch.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 01 2014 20:33 GMT
#2614
On December 02 2014 05:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 05:27 Palmar wrote:
JAT you said there was still reasons to wagon me. Can you elaborate?

Being useless and therefore unreadable. Basically a policy lynch.

Do you think this is still valid?
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:33 GMT
#2615
Ok, who said Obis play looks like werewolf? Because I really don't think it does. Doesn't mean he is town though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 01 2014 20:34 GMT
#2616
me and superbia, because it does quite a lot
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:34 GMT
#2617
On December 02 2014 05:33 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 05:30 justanothertownie wrote:
On December 02 2014 05:27 Palmar wrote:
JAT you said there was still reasons to wagon me. Can you elaborate?

Being useless and therefore unreadable. Basically a policy lynch.

Do you think this is still valid?

Pretty much, yeah. You had some decentish posts but nothing that wouldn't be easily doable as mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 01 2014 20:34 GMT
#2618
he has even less time in this game so it's got less 1 linery useless posts though
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 01 2014 20:36 GMT
#2619
I am not reading him by his post length. I think his demeanor is different in this game.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 01 2014 20:45 GMT
#2620
On December 02 2014 05:27 Holyflare wrote:

this whole paragraph is useless and poses nothing to the game when I just took the meta that you made for obi by reading his past games and applied it to this game you shouldn't be reading him anything other than mafia

he has literally only been town read for the first like 2 hours of the game AND THEN AFK'D THE ENTIRE GAME, you're saying "oh these people town read him!" who gives a crap? how is that relevant? it's not ONE scummy thing at all, it's a multitude of scummy things culminating in one scummy pile

you can't just say that you disagree without stating WHAT you disagree on



On December 02 2014 04:44 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2014 02:49 geript wrote:
HF, IDK about Obi's meta. The differences that I'm seeing from Obi's meta are:
1) As town he tends to give out more ideas
2) As town, he tends to play to have fun and enjoy himself which tends to level out later in the game; + townpoints
3) As town his vote tends to bounce around a bunch; + scumpoints
4) His post length is slightly more one-linery as town but that seems to change game to game

I don't think there's a good meta reason to be voting him over Damdred.


1) he has given out absolutely no ideas this game

2) he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself at all, in fact quite the opposite, he's aggravated at legitimate points and then goes back to afk when under pressure to return and do nothing when the lynch is on damdred EVEN THOUGH HE SAID DAMDRED LOOKS MORE TOWNY NOW AND HE'D DEFEND HIM IF HE DID

3) hasn't happened this game

4) it's almost exclusively 1 liners as town, never have I really seen him go wall of text wishy washy reads like this game


so it's not exactly a shit meta read, it's just you've applied it really badly to this game

1. I don't wholly agree. However, he hasn't really been around that much. But he has made some early points which I saw was a tendency during his town play. You can count this as scum points for inactivity or whatever because it's less than usual perhaps, but I'm just calling it null because it's not quite his town play but it's not quite his mafia play either.
2. I disagree. Look at the various points he's had in this game. He literally starts out by having fun. "hello dickbutts, help help i'm being oppressed, Wooosh, 10/10 stay beautiful, etc." He enjoyed his early game. Then as the game went on, the playfulness and joke-to-reasonable/interesting-point ratio went up. That's indicative of his town game.
3. I agree. Thus why it was scum points.
4. No it's not exclusively 1 liners as town. There was at least 1 game where half or more of his posts were 3-5 lines minimum not counting quotes.
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 214
SpeCial 130
ViBE100
Nathanias 77
ProTech35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12035
Rain 1457
GuemChi 945
Artosis 682
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever335
Counter-Strike
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox797
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g6362
shahzam666
WinterStarcraft464
JimRising 406
C9.Mang0325
Trikslyr58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta17
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 41m
INu's Battles
10h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 41m
OSC
21h 56m
Replay Cast
22h 41m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.