• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:36
CEST 20:36
KST 03:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9445 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 105 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 04:38 GMT
#221
On September 04 2014 12:53 slOosh wrote:
ritoky, what should we do with the Grail?

Why are you asking ritoky. And why are you asking such a useless question
No gg, No skill.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:40 GMT
#222
On September 04 2014 13:37 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.

Who gives a shit dude?
Why are you caring about this rather than caring who's scum?

Why is koshi and sloosh scum
you still haven't answered bro
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 04:40 GMT
#223
On September 04 2014 13:38 Sylencia wrote:
God, I just realised there's no way to confirm we have more dead good guys than bad without oracle claiming

If that's the case, I'd still rather have haunt/oracle combine targets over inquisitor/oracle combo. Sure, inquisitors are going to check dubious players, but I'd rather have a checked player alive for the sake of having the confirmed players go up rather than keeping ourselves in the dark for the players who are alive. Am I making sense or am I not understanding something?


can you stop talking purely about process and actually talk about players in the game and finding scum?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 04:40 GMT
#224
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.

I forgot this. The first post you make in Angel Chat should be your role. Don't lie. This helps the angels determine who was a witch as they have a harder time instaclaiming (it's far from impossible though).
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#225
On September 04 2014 13:36 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:34 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.


FUCK NO

that's just asking to get souped. The angels cannot communicate with the town, but the witches in angel QT can still speak in witch QT. so if you claim in angel qt you are just informing scum who you are, making it easier to soup?

NO THEY CAN'T


and how would you know? I assumed that witches wouldn't be banned from the witch qt on death.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#226
On September 04 2014 13:03 Sylencia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.


From N2+ depending on how it goes (still interpreting this setup) shouldn't the Angelic Protection + Oracle visit line up instead? If town makes it clear who is the ideal target to protect before the night falls, it could free up the Inquisitor to start checking others.

Naturally the plan doesn't work if a witch is killed D1, but that's already a win.

Also, the flaw in following this plan N1 is by lining up who is getting checked, they will either be confirmed witch regardless (they won't kill their own teammate obviously) or they're going to die and the inquisitor check is wasted. Not sure if I actually like that.

Really really bad entry.
Why speculate on the setup with your first and second post and not eve bother about the main part of the game. You do realise that we can lynch someone today right? TODAY.

Top 3 scum reads now syl
No gg, No skill.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#227
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#228
(that was at ritoky but I guess it applies to Oats too)
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:42 GMT
#229
On September 04 2014 13:40 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.

I forgot this. The first post you make in Angel Chat should be your role. Don't lie. This helps the angels determine who was a witch as they have a harder time instaclaiming (it's far from impossible though).


Unless I get confirmation that the dead witch can't talk to the alive witch, I disagree.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 04:43 GMT
#230
That's flat out cheating. It's not allowed.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 04:44 GMT
#231
On September 04 2014 13:41 Sylencia wrote:
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time

Why bother then? Do you think your uninformed posts are useful to town at this stage of the game?
No gg, No skill.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 04:44 GMT
#232
On September 04 2014 13:41 Sylencia wrote:
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time


so you're not posting to contribute to the game in a meaningful way or find scum, you're just posting to say "hey guys i am here, did you notice?" great welcome, you're the first person on my scum list.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:44 GMT
#233
On September 04 2014 13:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:03 Sylencia wrote:
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.


From N2+ depending on how it goes (still interpreting this setup) shouldn't the Angelic Protection + Oracle visit line up instead? If town makes it clear who is the ideal target to protect before the night falls, it could free up the Inquisitor to start checking others.

Naturally the plan doesn't work if a witch is killed D1, but that's already a win.

Also, the flaw in following this plan N1 is by lining up who is getting checked, they will either be confirmed witch regardless (they won't kill their own teammate obviously) or they're going to die and the inquisitor check is wasted. Not sure if I actually like that.

Really really bad entry.
Why speculate on the setup with your first and second post and not eve bother about the main part of the game. You do realise that we can lynch someone today right? TODAY.

Top 3 scum reads now syl


WHY ARE SLOOSH AND KOSHI SCUM
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 04:45 GMT
#234
On September 04 2014 13:41 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:36 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:34 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.


FUCK NO

that's just asking to get souped. The angels cannot communicate with the town, but the witches in angel QT can still speak in witch QT. so if you claim in angel qt you are just informing scum who you are, making it easier to soup?

NO THEY CAN'T


and how would you know? I assumed that witches wouldn't be banned from the witch qt on death.

Cause I played this format before?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 04:47 GMT
#235
On September 04 2014 08:37 Koshi wrote:
##HolyGrail: geript

I leave this thread in your capable hands.

This right here. Feels so much like scum knowing who's town. And making the least suspicious vote for the holy grail. Also he didn't vote for himself or have any intention of voting for himself. The optimal play as town is ensuring you get the items. Koshi does not care about that. He cares about not drawing suspicion to himself by voting himself. Wrong focus. Scum. Lynch
No gg, No skill.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:47 GMT
#236
On September 04 2014 13:45 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:41 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:36 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:34 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.


FUCK NO

that's just asking to get souped. The angels cannot communicate with the town, but the witches in angel QT can still speak in witch QT. so if you claim in angel qt you are just informing scum who you are, making it easier to soup?

NO THEY CAN'T


and how would you know? I assumed that witches wouldn't be banned from the witch qt on death.

Cause I played this format before?


Assuming you are correct, then yes, you should claim as soon as you die.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 04:47 GMT
#237
On September 04 2014 13:44 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:03 Sylencia wrote:
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.


From N2+ depending on how it goes (still interpreting this setup) shouldn't the Angelic Protection + Oracle visit line up instead? If town makes it clear who is the ideal target to protect before the night falls, it could free up the Inquisitor to start checking others.

Naturally the plan doesn't work if a witch is killed D1, but that's already a win.

Also, the flaw in following this plan N1 is by lining up who is getting checked, they will either be confirmed witch regardless (they won't kill their own teammate obviously) or they're going to die and the inquisitor check is wasted. Not sure if I actually like that.

Really really bad entry.
Why speculate on the setup with your first and second post and not eve bother about the main part of the game. You do realise that we can lynch someone today right? TODAY.

Top 3 scum reads now syl


WHY ARE SLOOSH AND KOSHI SCUM


i don't think koshi is scum yet; but he is leaning that way. i have only played 2 games with him, and the one where he was town he wanted to actively grab the game by the balls and lead town. the fact that he doesn't want to do that and seems content passing the grail to one of his town reads in geript isn't in line w/ the previous town play i experienced of his.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:48 GMT
#238
On September 04 2014 13:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 08:37 Koshi wrote:
##HolyGrail: geript

I leave this thread in your capable hands.

This right here. Feels so much like scum knowing who's town. And making the least suspicious vote for the holy grail. Also he didn't vote for himself or have any intention of voting for himself. The optimal play as town is ensuring you get the items. Koshi does not care about that. He cares about not drawing suspicion to himself by voting himself. Wrong focus. Scum. Lynch


OKAY WHAT ABOUT SLOOSH
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 04:48 GMT
#239
what the fuck is up with oats post sniping the fuck outta everything i say right now?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:50 GMT
#240
On September 04 2014 13:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:41 Sylencia wrote:
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time

Why bother then? Do you think your uninformed posts are useful to town at this stage of the game?


No, because the proposal given is an isolated train of thought that isn't connected (as far as I know) to the rest of the game that is going on. Apparently lurking instead of tryingto expand on an idea when I can't actually do anything else is scummy though so.. ok.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 360
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 116
BRAT_OK 79
MindelVK 24
Railgan 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 139
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 580
420jenkins412
Counter-Strike
fl0m4531
pashabiceps896
Fnx 642
x6flipin213
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3158
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN868
B2W.Neo291
Livibee173
C9.Mang0146
TKL 93
QueenE83
RotterdaM68
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason7
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV231
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 14
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3165
• TFBlade747
Other Games
• Shiphtur1286
• imaqtpie711
• WagamamaTV381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 24m
Patches Events
21h 24m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.