• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11170 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 105 Next
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 03:12 GMT
#201
I'm pretty damn certain I'm voting for mafia right now
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 03:18 GMT
#202
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 03:48 GMT
#203
On September 04 2014 12:00 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 11:56 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:47 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:30 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:17 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 10:59 IAmRobik wrote:
Is this a new thing where people just give reads and don't explain them whatsoever.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? And why vote Koshi over Sloosh?


I think he's just stirring shit up. We can safely ignore this vote.

Did you just ask him the question I asked him and then answered the question for him? Have you played this game before? Like wtf are you even doing?


Like, I asked wtf, and because he didn't respond, I came to the conclusion that he is just stirring shit up.


what do you make of the fact that he is not the first person to do it. in fact yamato77 basically did the exact same thing. why didn't you question him?


I also asked yamato why. Read my filter.


ok then, here's a better question. why do you not care about people responding to your questions when you find them odd/scummy?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2014 03:53 GMT
#204
ritoky, what should we do with the Grail?
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 03:54 GMT
#205
On September 04 2014 12:48 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 12:00 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:56 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:47 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:30 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:17 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 10:59 IAmRobik wrote:
Is this a new thing where people just give reads and don't explain them whatsoever.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? And why vote Koshi over Sloosh?


I think he's just stirring shit up. We can safely ignore this vote.

Did you just ask him the question I asked him and then answered the question for him? Have you played this game before? Like wtf are you even doing?


Like, I asked wtf, and because he didn't respond, I came to the conclusion that he is just stirring shit up.


what do you make of the fact that he is not the first person to do it. in fact yamato77 basically did the exact same thing. why didn't you question him?


I also asked yamato why. Read my filter.


ok then, here's a better question. why do you not care about people responding to your questions when you find them odd/scummy?


I think if they wanted to give a reason they would have given it by now. By elimination, they obviously don't want to give a reason, and the only reason I can think of why someone would blatantly refuse to explain is because they are trolling.

It's just a few hours into the game, don't read too deeply into it. We will find out more about everyone's intentions as this day goes on.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 03:55 GMT
#206
On September 04 2014 12:54 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 12:48 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 12:00 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:56 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:47 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:30 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 04 2014 11:17 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 10:59 IAmRobik wrote:
Is this a new thing where people just give reads and don't explain them whatsoever.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? And why vote Koshi over Sloosh?


I think he's just stirring shit up. We can safely ignore this vote.

Did you just ask him the question I asked him and then answered the question for him? Have you played this game before? Like wtf are you even doing?


Like, I asked wtf, and because he didn't respond, I came to the conclusion that he is just stirring shit up.


what do you make of the fact that he is not the first person to do it. in fact yamato77 basically did the exact same thing. why didn't you question him?


I also asked yamato why. Read my filter.


ok then, here's a better question. why do you not care about people responding to your questions when you find them odd/scummy?


I think if they wanted to give a reason they would have given it by now. By elimination, they obviously don't want to give a reason, and the only reason I can think of why someone would blatantly refuse to explain is because they are trolling.

It's just a few hours into the game, don't read too deeply into it. We will find out more about everyone's intentions as this day goes on.


To clarify, if someone pulled this shit in the last 24 hours of this day or even day 2 onwards, that would be really bad and I would be sure to press them for a reason. But it's still early enough that trolling is to be expected.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:03 GMT
#207
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.


From N2+ depending on how it goes (still interpreting this setup) shouldn't the Angelic Protection + Oracle visit line up instead? If town makes it clear who is the ideal target to protect before the night falls, it could free up the Inquisitor to start checking others.

Naturally the plan doesn't work if a witch is killed D1, but that's already a win.

Also, the flaw in following this plan N1 is by lining up who is getting checked, they will either be confirmed witch regardless (they won't kill their own teammate obviously) or they're going to die and the inquisitor check is wasted. Not sure if I actually like that.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 04:05 GMT
#208
The discussion about checking is over...everyone is checking me. Doing anything else is stupid. This insures that the most information is garnered.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 04:05 GMT
#209
Ensures?
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:20 GMT
#210
On September 04 2014 13:03 Sylencia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.


From N2+ depending on how it goes (still interpreting this setup) shouldn't the Angelic Protection + Oracle visit line up instead? If town makes it clear who is the ideal target to protect before the night falls, it could free up the Inquisitor to start checking others.

Naturally the plan doesn't work if a witch is killed D1, but that's already a win.

Also, the flaw in following this plan N1 is by lining up who is getting checked, they will either be confirmed witch regardless (they won't kill their own teammate obviously) or they're going to die and the inquisitor check is wasted. Not sure if I actually like that.


We can't rely on Angelic Protection until we know town outnumber witches in the angels qt. Which we can't know until we use the oracle proc. Remember we don't even know if we lynched witch or not until we actually check! This is why I suggest the inquisitor+oracle check.

Regarding the witches killing the inquisitor/oracle check, that's fine. If we check a dubious person and then witches decide to kill that person to stop the inquisitor check, then good, it leaves the strong town players alive. If they kill someone else, good, now the inquisitor gets the check off.

Also I probably shouldn't have to remind anyone, but don't claim unless you would either win on that day, or town would lose if the claim was not made. Because soup exists :/






I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 04:25 GMT
#211
On September 04 2014 12:53 slOosh wrote:
ritoky, what should we do with the Grail?


i would prefer to treat it like how we elect the mayor in cell mafia. people make campaigns for it and justify their campaign with solid reads on the game. it renders it down to less choices so we don't have a bunch of sporadic votes on random people so that later in the game we can potentially gain information from the grail vote.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:28 GMT
#212
Actually now that I think about it, you can't rely on angelic protection being town-led unless we see the exorcist proc. It's probably likely that more town are dead than witches, but are we really willing to take the risk of a failed oracle proc?
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:28 GMT
#213
On September 04 2014 13:05 IAmRobik wrote:
The discussion about checking is over...everyone is checking me. Doing anything else is stupid. This insures that the most information is garnered.


no.

I do not see how you are a particularly good target for a n1 check.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 04:29 GMT
#214
On September 04 2014 13:28 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:05 IAmRobik wrote:
The discussion about checking is over...everyone is checking me. Doing anything else is stupid. This insures that the most information is garnered.


no.

I do not see how you are a particularly good target for a n1 check.

If everyone uses their powers on me (including the witches) then information will be gathered. Don't be a donkey
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 04:31 GMT
#215
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:31 GMT
#216
On September 04 2014 13:29 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:28 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:05 IAmRobik wrote:
The discussion about checking is over...everyone is checking me. Doing anything else is stupid. This insures that the most information is garnered.


no.

I do not see how you are a particularly good target for a n1 check.

If everyone uses their powers on me (including the witches) then information will be gathered. Don't be a donkey


that could be said for checking anyone.
you just want to be loved amirite
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 04:34 GMT
#217
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.


FUCK NO

that's just asking to get souped. The angels cannot communicate with the town, but the witches in angel QT can still speak in witch QT. so if you claim in angel qt you are just informing scum who you are, making it easier to soup?
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 04 2014 04:36 GMT
#218
On September 04 2014 13:34 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:31 IAmRobik wrote:
IMPORTANT:

As soon as you enter angel chat, you MUST instantly claim your role.


FUCK NO

that's just asking to get souped. The angels cannot communicate with the town, but the witches in angel QT can still speak in witch QT. so if you claim in angel qt you are just informing scum who you are, making it easier to soup?

NO THEY CAN'T
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 04:37 GMT
#219
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.

Who gives a shit dude?
Why are you caring about this rather than caring who's scum?
No gg, No skill.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:38 GMT
#220
God, I just realised there's no way to confirm we have more dead good guys than bad without oracle claiming

If that's the case, I'd still rather have haunt/oracle combine targets over inquisitor/oracle combo. Sure, inquisitors are going to check dubious players, but I'd rather have a checked player alive for the sake of having the confirmed players go up rather than keeping ourselves in the dark for the players who are alive. Am I making sense or am I not understanding something?
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1426
WardiTV674
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6318
Bisu 2299
Jaedong 1164
EffOrt 510
Horang2 394
actioN 311
Mini 277
ZerO 214
ggaemo 161
Larva 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 110
Pusan 103
Sharp 73
Dewaltoss 71
Shinee 69
Bale 63
Sea.KH 63
Barracks 60
Snow 59
Hyun 59
Yoon 52
hero 40
ToSsGirL 37
NotJumperer 30
sorry 25
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 16
zelot 13
Noble 12
Trap 11
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
NaDa 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3971
qojqva1820
Dendi998
Counter-Strike
markeloff86
Other Games
olofmeister1022
hiko738
B2W.Neo536
Lowko360
crisheroes299
DeMusliM238
Pyrionflax208
Livibee149
Liquid`VortiX100
QueenE87
Mew2King59
Hui .54
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV763
League of Legends
• Jankos1885
• Nemesis1336
• TFBlade418
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 39m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.