• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6009 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 2 - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 50 Next All
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
July 21 2014 14:12 GMT
#881
On July 21 2014 23:10 Snickers wrote:
Lol terrible logic from logic bitching robik. Well I'm out.

For good plz
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
July 21 2014 14:12 GMT
#882
On July 21 2014 23:00 IAmRobik wrote:
Oh, I definitely threw the game. 100%.
It's up to the mod to decide if I did it on purpose.

Also, you were voting me like 1000000000% that day anyway, so get off your high horse.
This game was aids when we lynched BH and MM1 in quick succession. I just didn't want to drag it out any longer than it had to be.

Anyone who didn't know what MM1 was doing has no idea how to read a game.

people never play perfect assuming they do is kind of silly and the game would be kind of boring if everyone played the same way anyways. You should play the hand that's dealt and if you have "bad" players you deal with it and just try to win to the best of your ability.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 21 2014 14:24 GMT
#883
On July 21 2014 23:12 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:00 IAmRobik wrote:
Oh, I definitely threw the game. 100%.
It's up to the mod to decide if I did it on purpose.

Also, you were voting me like 1000000000% that day anyway, so get off your high horse.
This game was aids when we lynched BH and MM1 in quick succession. I just didn't want to drag it out any longer than it had to be.

Anyone who didn't know what MM1 was doing has no idea how to read a game.

people never play perfect assuming they do is kind of silly and the game would be kind of boring if everyone played the same way anyways. You should play the hand that's dealt and if you have "bad" players you deal with it and just try to win to the best of your ability.

Exactly. Killing your strong townread just because you are fed up with the game is certainly worse than lynching a powerrole.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
July 21 2014 14:30 GMT
#884
seems like robik has neverending pms
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
July 21 2014 14:37 GMT
#885
It was my fault. I shouldn't have joined the game. Lesson learned.
I'm taking a break from mafia anyway. Games are going down the drain
Will be back at some point or if I see a lineup I like.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 21 2014 14:41 GMT
#886
On July 21 2014 23:24 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:12 iamperfection wrote:
On July 21 2014 23:00 IAmRobik wrote:
Oh, I definitely threw the game. 100%.
It's up to the mod to decide if I did it on purpose.

Also, you were voting me like 1000000000% that day anyway, so get off your high horse.
This game was aids when we lynched BH and MM1 in quick succession. I just didn't want to drag it out any longer than it had to be.

Anyone who didn't know what MM1 was doing has no idea how to read a game.

people never play perfect assuming they do is kind of silly and the game would be kind of boring if everyone played the same way anyways. You should play the hand that's dealt and if you have "bad" players you deal with it and just try to win to the best of your ability.

Exactly. Killing your strong townread just because you are fed up with the game is certainly worse than lynching a powerrole.

Incorrect. At least lynching MM in that situation was amusing.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 21 2014 14:42 GMT
#887
On July 21 2014 23:37 IAmRobik wrote:
It was my fault. I shouldn't have joined the game. Lesson learned.
I'm taking a break from mafia anyway. Games are going down the drain
Will be back at some point or if I see a lineup I like.


Just join next game and only that one. Join titanic or w/e
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
July 21 2014 14:43 GMT
#888
On July 21 2014 23:41 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:24 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 21 2014 23:12 iamperfection wrote:
On July 21 2014 23:00 IAmRobik wrote:
Oh, I definitely threw the game. 100%.
It's up to the mod to decide if I did it on purpose.

Also, you were voting me like 1000000000% that day anyway, so get off your high horse.
This game was aids when we lynched BH and MM1 in quick succession. I just didn't want to drag it out any longer than it had to be.

Anyone who didn't know what MM1 was doing has no idea how to read a game.

people never play perfect assuming they do is kind of silly and the game would be kind of boring if everyone played the same way anyways. You should play the hand that's dealt and if you have "bad" players you deal with it and just try to win to the best of your ability.

Exactly. Killing your strong townread just because you are fed up with the game is certainly worse than lynching a powerrole.

Incorrect. At least lynching MM in that situation was amusing.

Shoulda just hammered myself d1
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 14:45:40
July 21 2014 14:44 GMT
#889
On July 21 2014 23:41 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 23:24 justanothertownie wrote:
On July 21 2014 23:12 iamperfection wrote:
On July 21 2014 23:00 IAmRobik wrote:
Oh, I definitely threw the game. 100%.
It's up to the mod to decide if I did it on purpose.

Also, you were voting me like 1000000000% that day anyway, so get off your high horse.
This game was aids when we lynched BH and MM1 in quick succession. I just didn't want to drag it out any longer than it had to be.

Anyone who didn't know what MM1 was doing has no idea how to read a game.

people never play perfect assuming they do is kind of silly and the game would be kind of boring if everyone played the same way anyways. You should play the hand that's dealt and if you have "bad" players you deal with it and just try to win to the best of your ability.

Exactly. Killing your strong townread just because you are fed up with the game is certainly worse than lynching a powerrole.

Incorrect. At least lynching MM in that situation was amusing.

Only if you aren't playing town. ^_^
Edit: Also you of all people should know that lynching BH is always amusing.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
July 21 2014 15:30 GMT
#890
From obs qt:

"14
GlowingBear
07-16-2014
03:40 PM ET (US)
Early guess: gobble is mafia"

Just saying. I was impressed that noone bashes on his very first post
I'm adorable.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 21 2014 15:31 GMT
#891
GlowingBear is going to be the next mafia bonjwa

no pressure.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
July 21 2014 15:32 GMT
#892
On July 16 2014 18:52 gobbledydook wrote:
So let's have a recap of what's been said and done:

BH RNGs robik to lynch, obi and me vote him to see what happens.
robik becomes defensive and shouts that this is a bullshit lynch, it would be the first time he got mislynched (or lynched), and insults the people who voted him.
BH thinks robik is really scum after those responses, which sounds like a scum getting randomly caught and raging. The implication being that a real town, secure in his innocence, wouldn't need to defend himself emotionally against what is essentially a nonsense lynch. Whereas a scum instinctively will protect himself strongly as scum are not expendable compared to town.

I agree with that line of reasoning, but I want to confirm, BH, is that what you think too? Do you have anything else to add?


THIS POST. Not the very first, sorry.
Really, read it. Read it and tell me if this doesn't sound scummy at all
I'm adorable.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
July 21 2014 15:34 GMT
#893
He probably got good coaching early on in his career.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
July 21 2014 15:34 GMT
#894
On July 22 2014 00:32 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2014 18:52 gobbledydook wrote:
So let's have a recap of what's been said and done:

BH RNGs robik to lynch, obi and me vote him to see what happens.
robik becomes defensive and shouts that this is a bullshit lynch, it would be the first time he got mislynched (or lynched), and insults the people who voted him.
BH thinks robik is really scum after those responses, which sounds like a scum getting randomly caught and raging. The implication being that a real town, secure in his innocence, wouldn't need to defend himself emotionally against what is essentially a nonsense lynch. Whereas a scum instinctively will protect himself strongly as scum are not expendable compared to town.

I agree with that line of reasoning, but I want to confirm, BH, is that what you think too? Do you have anything else to add?


THIS POST. Not the very first, sorry.
Really, read it. Read it and tell me if this doesn't sound scummy at all

Well he was scum after all.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
July 21 2014 15:38 GMT
#895
On July 22 2014 00:34 iamperfection wrote:
He probably got good coaching early on in his career.

I read this post and thought it was referring to me. Then I read the context and realized that it wasn't about me. I definitely got some good coaching early in my career though
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
July 21 2014 15:42 GMT
#896
On July 22 2014 00:31 marvellosity wrote:
GlowingBear is going to be the next mafia bonjwa

no pressure.


LOL working on it. Practicing dynamical read so I can read every damn post in a short period of time, improving my rpm (reads per minute).

@iamperfection very good coaching, indeed. I'll need more for the next newbie game btw!
What do you think of the post I quoted from gobbles? I used your ancient mafia mindset technique
I'm adorable.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
July 21 2014 15:47 GMT
#897
On July 22 2014 00:42 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 00:31 marvellosity wrote:
GlowingBear is going to be the next mafia bonjwa

no pressure.


LOL working on it. Practicing dynamical read so I can read every damn post in a short period of time, improving my rpm (reads per minute).

@iamperfection very good coaching, indeed. I'll need more for the next newbie game btw!
What do you think of the post I quoted from gobbles? I used your ancient mafia mindset technique

recaping what is said and not taking a stance on it would be pretty scummy.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 21 2014 15:48 GMT
#898
On July 22 2014 00:42 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 00:31 marvellosity wrote:
GlowingBear is going to be the next mafia bonjwa

no pressure.


LOL working on it. Practicing dynamical read so I can read every damn post in a short period of time, improving my rpm (reads per minute).

@iamperfection very good coaching, indeed. I'll need more for the next newbie game btw!
What do you think of the post I quoted from gobbles? I used your ancient mafia mindset technique

it is pretty scummy, yes ^^

although as a general rule, if i'm pushing something i try not to call it "scummy" - I'm more likely to use it as a negative ("that post wasn't scummy at all actually"). If you're calling a post scummy you may just as well describe exactly why it is scummy.

Lots of people call posts scummy without really knowing what they're saying. Explain it, if only so you've explained it to yourself.

This isn't directed at you in particular, btw, just that you said it and it made me think about it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
July 21 2014 15:58 GMT
#899
@iamperfection exactly!!! Yes!! I think I learned well, sensei.

@marv yeah, I get it. Sqrt's lynch on vets vs juniors was because he refused to explain his reads. But I didn't understand what you meant by saying that a scummy post isn't actually scummy

Tbh ppl, this game was bad but pretty instructive to newbies
I'm adorable.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-23 02:10:00
July 21 2014 16:20 GMT
#900
Post-Game Moderation Notes:


Important Posts:
+ Show Spoiler +
Game Start
Lynch 1
Day 2
Lynch 2
Day 3
Lynch 3


Alignments:
+ Show Spoiler +
iamrobik
kushm4sta
Snickers
MysteryMeat1
ObiWanShinobi
Damdred

Blazinghand (Veteran)
Syencia
Gobbledydook


Warnings/Bans:
None
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 769
ZombieGrub109
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 177
firebathero 84
910 44
Killer 25
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1928
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr75
Other Games
summit1g5520
Liquid`RaSZi5085
Beastyqt827
shahzam462
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS126
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream331
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV311
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur305
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.