• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5848 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 2 - Page 43

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 50 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 21 2014 09:11 GMT
#841
On July 21 2014 18:09 Snickers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 18:06 Holyflare wrote:
Just to justify it so it seems like you aren't being aimlessly +1'd. You were very very dismissive of everyone's explanations and motives and reasoning. Just because someone may say something that contains bad logic or doesn't seem to make sense from your perspective doesn't mean it doesn't from their disgruntled town perspective. I didn't really follow this game but everytime i checked it was you breaking down sentences from posts on why they were so wrong which isn't necessarily what you should be doing.


I laid off kush day one when I saw no one else going for him so I improved at least a little. What should I be doing then? And I like being critical. And town should try not to slip so much damn. Town=lynch scum/not lookie scummy.


I think it's more a question of being open to every scenario and every perspective rather than dismissive and accusatory. Although I can't blame you, everyone seemed pretty hostile :p
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
July 21 2014 09:11 GMT
#842
On July 20 2014 16:46 gobbledydook wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
First I don't think snickers and damdred are both mafia and making a show out of it. If they were both mafia, they wouldn't attack each other and give town a chance to lynch them. So at most 1 of them can be mafia.


What damdred did:

he defends robik's rng lynch, gives some excuse for being inactive, then accuses snickers of being scummy because he doesn't respond directly to questions. Then he votes BH for not having any read other than rng. BH dies right before he could unvote, day 2 he hammers MM1, then day 3 is damdred twisting himself hard to apologize for lynching 2 towns.

Here's my take on what damdred's thinking:

damdred the scum wanted some town cred, so he makes the obvious defense of robik, forgoing the chance to hammer him day 1 as it would be very suspicious. Snicker attacks his lack of contribution, and damdred gives an excuse, anniversary with wife etc. We don't know if that was actually true, so let's assume it was the case and damdred was indeed busy. Then, feeling the need to 'contribute', he looks at the person who last attacked him, looks through his filter, and picks holes in it. Unfortunately the snickers bandwagon doesn't work and seeing a promising BH bandwagon hops on it with little explanation. He puts unvote after the hammer has hit to earn towncred for attempting to thwart the mislynch.
Day 2 he hammers MM1 because it's a mislynch for the taking.
Day 3, snickers presses him on the BH vote and MM1 vote. Now feeling that snickers is on to something, he tries to defend himself and apologise and bend over himself, but snickers smells scum and he panics.

The impression is that he's only writing when being pressured, and otherwise trying to lay low.

I'm not going to vote yet, I want to hear more from everyone first.



It looked like you realized that something was very wrong with this post and you might have moved over to GG eventually but then robik came and shat on everything.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:14 GMT
#843
I probably would not tho . I saw scum slips and or terrible reasoning from both robik and damdred. Also talked about willing to throw the game/ Actually did throw the game.

Unless gg and sylencia completely threw.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
July 21 2014 09:17 GMT
#844
scumslips are almost universally useless, and are almost never a good heuristic for finding mafia.
Retired.
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:19 GMT
#845
Ok but bad reasoning and willingness to throw the game? Slips are def something I consider if someone is doing other scummy stuff.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
July 21 2014 09:26 GMT
#846
That is not a scumslip. A scumslip is usually when scum offhandedly call someone town by mistake.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:27 GMT
#847
W/e they are called, stop using bad reasoning and doing erratic things. Then I agree scum slips are useless if that is what they are.
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:27 GMT
#848
And I was not saying those were scum slips
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 21 2014 09:33 GMT
#849
On July 21 2014 18:14 Snickers wrote:
I probably would not tho . I saw scum slips and or terrible reasoning from both robik and damdred. Also talked about willing to throw the game/ Actually did throw the game.

Unless gg and sylencia completely threw.

not mafia attributes in general unless you're being incredibly superficial

mafia don't justify their votes by saying they want to throw the game. they just don't.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
July 21 2014 09:33 GMT
#850
snickers join titanic
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 21 2014 09:34 GMT
#851
On July 21 2014 18:19 Snickers wrote:
Ok but bad reasoning and willingness to throw the game? Slips are def something I consider if someone is doing other scummy stuff.


Who would say that. Angry people because the game turned out stupid or mafia because the game turned out stupid and they are winning?
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:37 GMT
#852
I am taking a break. haha, I have a favorite classical song but never knew the name of it. I only know the first few minutes of it and have been searching.

and at marv. Well then I have no clue what to look for. Looking at the vote, I saw them scum. Thier reasoning did not add up. What am I suppose to do when people are literally throwing the game then? Just let them throw it? Its a catch 22. I guess I should do nothing next time. Like seriously do whatever I need to do not to get banned and not waste my time. Not trying to sound like an emotional idiot here.
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:39 GMT
#853
On July 21 2014 18:34 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 18:19 Snickers wrote:
Ok but bad reasoning and willingness to throw the game? Slips are def something I consider if someone is doing other scummy stuff.


Who would say that. Angry people because the game turned out stupid or mafia because the game turned out stupid and they are winning?


It def does not help me see them as town. But they did not just say it. They also did it.

If I posted that I am throwing the game it would be wifom I guess? Idk. But actually "throwing" it.?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 21 2014 09:39 GMT
#854
this game was totes hilarious though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Snickers
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1575 Posts
July 21 2014 09:42 GMT
#855
Not for me. I see it as a small learning experience covered with bullshit so its hard to see. Then a waste of time.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 21 2014 09:43 GMT
#856
On July 21 2014 18:39 Snickers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 18:34 Holyflare wrote:
On July 21 2014 18:19 Snickers wrote:
Ok but bad reasoning and willingness to throw the game? Slips are def something I consider if someone is doing other scummy stuff.


Who would say that. Angry people because the game turned out stupid or mafia because the game turned out stupid and they are winning?


It def does not help me see them as town. But they did not just say it. They also did it.

If I posted that I am throwing the game it would be wifom I guess? Idk. But actually "throwing" it.?


Mafia generally aren't that in your face and outspoken :p

Either way you played pretty much fine for what this game was. Seeing as you were like the only name I saw when i opened the thread each time it should have been obvious you were trying to figure things out to other people.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 21 2014 09:45 GMT
#857
Also kush fu. Your sig screws up mobile version.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
July 21 2014 10:12 GMT
#858
On July 21 2014 18:45 Holyflare wrote:
Also kush fu. Your sig screws up mobile version.

it screws up all versions
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
July 21 2014 10:13 GMT
#859
Anyway, experts:

how do I slip less as scum?
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 21 2014 10:18 GMT
#860
On July 21 2014 19:13 gobbledydook wrote:
Anyway, experts:

how do I slip less as scum?

you played ok, even though kush caught you. best thing to do is just look at why people called you mafia and don't do it anymore :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
Artosis 675
White-Ra 102
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever660
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv242
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8428
shahzam607
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0291
ArmadaUGS70
Day[9].tv2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv2
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.