• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:07
CEST 08:07
KST 15:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9022 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 108

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 120 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 18 2014 00:03 GMT
#2141
Palmar because useless little shit and also claims scum in thread. *shrug*
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 18 2014 00:08 GMT
#2142
doesn't really bear thinking about. it's pointless. then again i'm going to humour you so i don't waste my rapidly dwindling supply arguing further

jat is the only megatown. I had niggling doubts but after gumshoe got lynched I went back and re-read the almost-gumshoe lynch from a couple days prior and jat looked soooooo town. He tried to consolidate town on to Ace (mafia) and then on to gumshoe (mafia).

I wanted to find you scummy just now but it turns out you're probably just dumb. So not you either probably.

VE ~~~~~~ meh. not a beacon of townie light to me especially as he was rallying people to my lynch the day gumshoe didn't die T.T But I guess he felt better for no particular reason although he still hasn't done that much. Also the fact no-one really went for his lynch kinda speaks in his favour (i know normally resistance to lynch = scummy, but in this case people i consider townies were either umming and ahhing or outright defending him.)

So Palmar. Palmar can be scum simply for not being on lynches at the right time and not doing anything. Obviously my read is that this isn't the case, and I've tried to explain a few times why. Just don't feel it.

I think in the end I want to lynch poofter, to see if i'm right, to make VA play if poof flips town too.

Also there's the little thing i mentioned before... on the day Ace got lynched, the only two people else who had votes were gumshoe (1) and poofter (2). And Ace didn't fight that lynch, at all. Because the alternatives were buddies?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 18 2014 00:16 GMT
#2143
This is perfect. Like WTF happened with a no kill? Is someone BP? Do we have a Medic? (I mean we had like 3 martyrs or something so medic seems unlikely) Is there a strategic reason mafia would give us an extra ML?

I still think my theory of a team involving VA/Palmer/Gum/ACe holds strong after looking at the votes from the other day with gum surviving the CFD at EoD.

The best part is Marv I still see you have worries about me now that there is an extra ML If were okay with Marv/VE/Jat/Wos we can lynch down the line between Me Palmer/ VA we win auto. I really don't have a preference if it makes you feel better you can start with me. I feel like VE/Jat/WoS (after the gumshoe lynch)/Marv (with the Ace lynch) have proven their townieness. Va/Palmer I believe are the last scum if there is 2 if there is 1 probably just VA the way he has played the game and didn't want to go on gumshoe or Ace is the most compelling to me.

I Think VA is the best chance of hitting mafia and hopefully just winning the game right there. If its not him its most likely Palmer.

##Vote: VayneAuthority

marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 18 2014 00:24 GMT
#2144
ok it does make me feel better.

##Vote: tehpoofter
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 18 2014 00:26 GMT
#2145
On May 18 2014 09:08 marvellosity wrote:
doesn't really bear thinking about. it's pointless. then again i'm going to humour you so i don't waste my rapidly dwindling supply arguing further

jat is the only megatown. I had niggling doubts but after gumshoe got lynched I went back and re-read the almost-gumshoe lynch from a couple days prior and jat looked soooooo town. He tried to consolidate town on to Ace (mafia) and then on to gumshoe (mafia).

I wanted to find you scummy just now but it turns out you're probably just dumb. So not you either probably.

VE ~~~~~~ meh. not a beacon of townie light to me especially as he was rallying people to my lynch the day gumshoe didn't die T.T But I guess he felt better for no particular reason although he still hasn't done that much. Also the fact no-one really went for his lynch kinda speaks in his favour (i know normally resistance to lynch = scummy, but in this case people i consider townies were either umming and ahhing or outright defending him.)

So Palmar. Palmar can be scum simply for not being on lynches at the right time and not doing anything. Obviously my read is that this isn't the case, and I've tried to explain a few times why. Just don't feel it.

I think in the end I want to lynch poofter, to see if i'm right, to make VA play if poof flips town too.

Also there's the little thing i mentioned before... on the day Ace got lynched, the only two people else who had votes were gumshoe (1) and poofter (2). And Ace didn't fight that lynch, at all. Because the alternatives were buddies?



We can lynch Mafia if you want as well Marv How about we lynch VA/Palmer if they flip town then you can lynch me because I'm quite confident they are the last 1 or 2. How about the fact I wanted to lynch gum the day we almost lynched you? I was willing to consolidate I also wanted Ace shot along with caller. I also Was least sure on gum until I looked at the votes from your lynch day and realized he could easily be someone mafia was tryign to not get lynched. Like I instantly voted right after. Do I really sound different to you than I did in the Catastrophe game? It surprises me you're not reading me as town from my posts. Can you explain further your read on Palmer? I mean basically because hes been wrong and fucked off and not done anything. How is that reading slightly town to you? The phrase "I just don't feel it" is weird to me can you explain any further? Because to me hes the 2nd most likely mafia in the game aside from VA.

I have no clue wtf happened at night would someone who gets hit and has a vest typically claim it in this format? I know in epicmafia thats common but I've never played with it on forums outside of titanic and Koshi claimed he was Vet.
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 18 2014 00:35 GMT
#2146
On May 18 2014 09:24 marvellosity wrote:
ok it does make me feel better.

##Vote: tehpoofter


That makes one of us. Can you explain your read on Palmer further please and can you convince the rest of town to lynch VA/Palmer after I flip town? When I flip town Marv if you were still alive who would be your next two? I'm assuming VA/Palmer Just curious what your plan is going to be.

Like I feel like we're in a really good spot I just have played too many games to know that when I die my reads get forgotten and people talk themselves out of auto wins because they doubt themselves or get convinced by strong mafia players to go elsewhere.

WHEN POOFTER FLIPS TOWN LYNCH VA/PALMER I want everyone like chanting this to themselves that wants to vote me off "to be safe" cause I shot Koshi and had a different read than some. I feel like we earned an extra ML last night so I'm not as worried today as I was yesterday about dying as I think town can afford my death unless I'm wrong on WoS Marv Jat or VE we auto win.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 18 2014 00:42 GMT
#2147
it should be 100% obvious who I would lynch if you flipped town, so no worries there
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 18 2014 00:44 GMT
#2148
VE Where are you at today? Jat/WoS?

VA why are you so sure its me? Have you evaluated Palmer at all? What do you think of the interaction between him and ACe throughout the game? Specifically the way they seemingly reconciled on the night there was a No Lynch.
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 18 2014 00:55 GMT
#2149
On May 18 2014 09:42 marvellosity wrote:
it should be 100% obvious who I would lynch if you flipped town, so no worries there


You've played enough mafia to know that plans and lynch orders get lost when people get lazy Your 100% obvious especially with how you're talking about Palmer causes me to be skeptical that if Palmer is mafia he won't be able to move himself away from a lynch. If' hes town and its just VA then it doesn't matter I just don't want to martyr myself and have town lose cause I decided to make you feel at ease

I'm off for dinner and probably going out tonight. I'll be back tomorrow hopefully we can get a mafia in Palmer/VA instead of wasting a ML.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 18 2014 01:35 GMT
#2150
I'm here, I want to lynch Palmar more than VA.

##Vote: Palmar

And I don't want to lynch poofter. Every time I consider lynching poofter, someone else other than poofter gets lynched and flips red. I just....I don't think poofter is a good lynch. If Palmar or VA flip green then I'll consider lynching poofter before the other, but I don't want to lynch poofter until one of Palmar/VA are lynched. I think they're more likely to be mafia.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
May 18 2014 01:46 GMT
#2151
Vote Count:


Vayneauthority (1) - Tehpoofter
Tehpoofter (2) - Vayneauthority, marvellosity
Palmar (1) - VisceraEyes

Not Voting (3) - Justanothertownie, Palmar, WaveofShadow

Day ends in . There are 7 alive, and it takes 4 to lynch.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 18 2014 10:09 GMT
#2152
##vote thepoofter

Can you guys stop calling me mafia. You know I'm not mafia this game VE so why are you trying to convince yourself I am?
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 18 2014 17:52 GMT
#2153
How do I know that? What makes you so sure that I'm sure? I think you're way more likely mafia than poofter. Like, a million trillion times more likely.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 18 2014 18:03 GMT
#2154
On May 19 2014 02:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
How do I know that? What makes you so sure that I'm sure? I think you're way more likely mafia than poofter. Like, a million trillion times more likely.

Would you mind going into a little more detail here if you are feeling so strongly about it?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 18 2014 20:03 GMT
#2155
It's mostly that I'm townreading poofter at this point. Like, his posting just doesn't feel like it's coming from an informed perspective. Palmar has done nothing and frankly the fact that poofter is even attempting to look town makes Palmar a better lynch today. Palmar as scum is absolutely capable of not giving a shit and doing nothing. While I concede that it's possible that town Palmar does the same, I feel comfortable saying that I find it far less likely.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 18 2014 20:32 GMT
#2156
Based on what do you say that VE?

I may be a terrible judge of myself but I usually give far less shits as town.

Also you say I'm not doing anything, but tbh I've agreed with everything done in the game since like day 2 so whatever.

Computer says mafia
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 18 2014 21:17 GMT
#2157
On May 19 2014 05:03 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's mostly that I'm townreading poofter at this point. Like, his posting just doesn't feel like it's coming from an informed perspective. Palmar has done nothing and frankly the fact that poofter is even attempting to look town makes Palmar a better lynch today. Palmar as scum is absolutely capable of not giving a shit and doing nothing. While I concede that it's possible that town Palmar does the same, I feel comfortable saying that I find it far less likely.



What do you feel about VA? I really want to understand Marv's read of Palmer but I don't so I'm okay with going on either Palmer or VA today.


@JaT Which is your preference out of Palmer/Va/Me? Do you have the same feeling of "auto" as I'm getting?

@Palmer Say you knew I was town who is the mafia left?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 18 2014 21:20 GMT
#2158
On May 19 2014 06:17 Tehpoofter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 05:03 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's mostly that I'm townreading poofter at this point. Like, his posting just doesn't feel like it's coming from an informed perspective. Palmar has done nothing and frankly the fact that poofter is even attempting to look town makes Palmar a better lynch today. Palmar as scum is absolutely capable of not giving a shit and doing nothing. While I concede that it's possible that town Palmar does the same, I feel comfortable saying that I find it far less likely.



What do you feel about VA? I really want to understand Marv's read of Palmer but I don't so I'm okay with going on either Palmer or VA today.


@JaT Which is your preference out of Palmer/Va/Me? Do you have the same feeling of "auto" as I'm getting?

@Palmer Say you knew I was town who is the mafia left?

I have been doing some filter-research for a while now. Working on it.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 18 2014 21:40 GMT
#2159
Not sure I'm going to be around later.
I will do my best to be.
##vote: tehpoofter
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 18 2014 22:08 GMT
#2160
On May 19 2014 06:17 Tehpoofter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 05:03 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's mostly that I'm townreading poofter at this point. Like, his posting just doesn't feel like it's coming from an informed perspective. Palmar has done nothing and frankly the fact that poofter is even attempting to look town makes Palmar a better lynch today. Palmar as scum is absolutely capable of not giving a shit and doing nothing. While I concede that it's possible that town Palmar does the same, I feel comfortable saying that I find it far less likely.



What do you feel about VA? I really want to understand Marv's read of Palmer but I don't so I'm okay with going on either Palmer or VA today.


@JaT Which is your preference out of Palmer/Va/Me? Do you have the same feeling of "auto" as I'm getting?

@Palmer Say you knew I was town who is the mafia left?


My first guess is VA, based on basically what I said back on n1 plus the fact that he seems to be annoyed at the game which seems like a strange attitude when we're wrecking mafia left and right. Like I can't remember the exact posts but I've gotten the feeling he's sorta pissed off a few times.

Beyond that, if I'm wrong on you and him I don't really know. VE and WoS both have points against them but meh, they also look pretty townie in other places.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1187
910 110
Snow 97
Hyun 77
NotJumperer 55
Bale 32
Noble 11
sorry 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto250
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g6416
Coldzera 724
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0298
PiGStarcraft169
NeuroSwarm120
ViBE18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Rush1113
• Lourlo1064
• Stunt350
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 53m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.