• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:16
CEST 18:16
KST 01:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8916 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 107

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 120 Next
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 17 2014 21:10 GMT
#2121
##vote: Tehpoofter
I come in for the scraps
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 17 2014 21:15 GMT
#2122
On May 18 2014 06:05 marvellosity wrote:
no-one's stopping you talking about anything else, dearest <3

A shocking revelation...
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 17 2014 21:28 GMT
#2123
It also bothers me how tentative and non-pushy you are this game, marv.

Ok so you want to lynch VA based on gumshoe association. Have you looked at VA's play at all? Have you made comparisons to other games? Have you considered his hero claim that he made basically at the start of the game?

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 21:41 GMT
#2124
I don't care what bothers you. All I've done is lynch mafia and get pushed by flipped mafia. If it bothers you, you'll have to get over it.

Quite evidently I've looked at VA's play, because I even made a comment about reading VA's filter not so long ago, if you're actually reading the thread yourself...

I also quoted a post from austin re: blues and powers and balance, so yes, again if you'd been reading the thread you'd know I've considered VA's hero claim...

why you ask me questions with answers that are already obvious

you know, you could always provide your own opinions rather than expecting me to give you all the answers... novel thought!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 21:50 GMT
#2125
one thing that speaks in VA's favour to an extent is that he's basically only tried to get Poof lynched. So if we lynch Poof and he flips town, then what? Where else to go?

By contrast, poof yesterday was trying to set lynches up on 3 separate players (palmar, va, gum) with notably gumshoe not at the forefront (with the contrast i mentioned before about me being uber suspicious for avoiding the lynch, but gum only being at #3 even though he avoided the lynch by a vote, ergo much closer than me). Also maybe notable is that his rhetoric that there could be 3 mafia players left so we couldn't lynch poof could also be interpreted as a scare tactic

Superficially it sounds kinda convincing in VA's favour, but I can see VA just doing that thang as mafia, just because. So meh. Pick yo poison/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 17 2014 21:54 GMT
#2126
I dont really understand the urgency by any means if you actually think it's just me or poofter. we have so many mislynches but I don't want it to be me lol. As you said if poofter flips town im honestly not sure where I would go, would have to re-assess the entire game because some one obviously flew under the radar.
I come in for the scraps
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 17 2014 22:36 GMT
#2127
On May 18 2014 06:54 VayneAuthority wrote:
I dont really understand the urgency by any means if you actually think it's just me or poofter. we have so many mislynches but I don't want it to be me lol. As you said if poofter flips town im honestly not sure where I would go, would have to re-assess the entire game because some one obviously flew under the radar.

So you think Palmar is town?
The urgency is understandable since we don't know if it's only one left. Could also be 2. We only have one mislynch if that is the case. And that is if they don't have another dayvig left.

I don't think there is much we can do as long as the accused people don't contribute a little today. We need the town between Palmar, VA and poofter to actually try.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 22:45 GMT
#2128
meh, we have 7 cycles of information now, we should be able to decide...

i mean obviously poofter is gonna create more content than VA whether poof is town VA is mafia or poof is mafia and VA is town, that's just the way things are. i mean i've commented quite a lot on what poofter has given us (e.g. the Palmar reach, the marv/gumshoe avoiding the lynch difference, etc) and very few people (practically none) have actually commented on the things i've said about it. there's no excuse for anyone to do that, it's poor. that includes you jat.

i've kinda vascillated back to poof now, given my post above, and just wanting to see if i was right after all :x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 17 2014 22:48 GMT
#2129
On May 18 2014 07:45 marvellosity wrote:
meh, we have 7 cycles of information now, we should be able to decide...

i mean obviously poofter is gonna create more content than VA whether poof is town VA is mafia or poof is mafia and VA is town, that's just the way things are. i mean i've commented quite a lot on what poofter has given us (e.g. the Palmar reach, the marv/gumshoe avoiding the lynch difference, etc) and very few people (practically none) have actually commented on the things i've said about it. there's no excuse for anyone to do that, it's poor. that includes you jat.

i've kinda vascillated back to poof now, given my post above, and just wanting to see if i was right after all :x

I read it and there is nothing that I really disagree with. I would have spoken up otherwise. But I am also not sold on who is mafia. For me all 3 of them are still in the running.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 23:39 GMT
#2130
On May 18 2014 06:28 WaveofShadow wrote:
It also bothers me how tentative and non-pushy you are this game, marv.

Ok so you want to lynch VA based on gumshoe association. Have you looked at VA's play at all? Have you made comparisons to other games? Have you considered his hero claim that he made basically at the start of the game?


This actually bugs me. How does this bother you?

On the day I subbed in, you hard-defended me saying I was "obvtown" and that we were never going to lynch marv. Obvtown marv! Great!

Subsequently I lynched Ace (mafia, who also almost got me lynched) and started the switch that everyone happily followed on to gumshoe (mafia) and now you're bothered by things about my play?

Doesn't add up.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 17 2014 23:46 GMT
#2131
Course it does. The longer you survive in any game, the more suspicious you become.
Still learning my lesson from shadow game.

Simple case is still what we're leaning towards but I will always have you in the back of my mind, marv. I explained this already. It's just that at the point you replaced in, there was no reason to voice any sort of suspicion since you were replacing prplhz who is a lower tier target than you for mafia, and you hadn't even had a chance to do anything yet. From the moment you replaced in I made a mental note to think about when/if you were to be shot.

There are multiple reasons this game that are likely, and I don't feel the strongest one is marv scum. Yet.
A) marv hasn't been stomping scum since he replaced in so scum chose to take out higher profile towns targeted (ie Austin)
B) scum doesn't quite know what marv is capable of and don't find him threatening (this implicates poofter tbhh)
C) marvscum ( this would fit marvs play to SOME degree as I haven't been particularly overly wowed this game compared to some others but he's been towny enough and it's important to remember prplhz was too)

In the end marv, I don't care if you don't like me voicing suspicions on you when I have them. I'm still not likely to push a lynch on you today, but I feel I have to get stuff out there, always do. You know this about me, so stop acting so shocked.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 17 2014 23:49 GMT
#2132
Like to be more specific, you came in strong but I haven't gotten strong marv town feels since then. Hard defending you was easy then but now that we're here and you're saying 'well hmm maybe I dunno' that doesn't make feel all rainbows and sunshine. You're marv, you're supposed to have this game solved already, right?

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 23:49 GMT
#2133
given we haven't mislynched since i joined the game, i think i've done a fucking good job, actually.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 23:50 GMT
#2134
are you actually going to talk about lynch preferences at any point?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 17 2014 23:52 GMT
#2135
IN ANY CASE, this is all suspicion and conjecture that isn't overly useful to the task at hand atm, but I just think it's important people know about it.

I think I'm still likely to lynch poofter over VA today but I want to reread both of them when I get the chance later since I haven't done much reading at all this game. I have a feeling my read will lead me to the same conclusion.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 17 2014 23:53 GMT
#2136
On May 18 2014 08:50 marvellosity wrote:
are you actually going to talk about lynch preferences at any point?

I just did. And point is you didn't lead marv, and that's what town marv does. Yes we didn't mislynch but you cant say they were directly a cause of you.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 17 2014 23:56 GMT
#2137
must have been that other dude's case on Ace and that other dude that everyone followed on to gum.

my bad.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 17 2014 23:59 GMT
#2138
See ego from you makes me feel better already.
If it isn't poofter or VA, who is it most likely to be and why?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 18 2014 00:02 GMT
#2139
On May 18 2014 08:56 marvellosity wrote:
must have been that other dude's case on Ace and that other dude that everyone followed on to gum.

my bad.

Well, I for one didn't vote Ace because of your "case" on him. ^_^
It is amusing how WoS is able to provoke you with this stuff.

I am totally undecided who to lynch first tbh.
I have reasons for all 3 of them to be town and I have reasons for all of them to be scum. Meh. Will reread some things tomorrow.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 18 2014 00:02 GMT
#2140
On May 18 2014 08:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
See ego from you makes me feel better already.
If it isn't poofter or VA, who is it most likely to be and why?

Palmar.
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM189
TaKeTV 119
IndyStarCraft 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1493
RotterdaM 189
ByuN 114
BRAT_OK 7
IndyStarCraft 0
MaxPax 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4182
Bisu 1027
Shuttle 1002
Stork 525
BeSt 383
Mini 346
EffOrt 308
actioN 282
Rush 257
Horang2 251
[ Show more ]
hero 124
Mind 121
Light 100
Yoon 88
910 84
Zeus 72
Mong 60
Barracks 60
Snow 60
sorry 46
Shinee 41
Sea.KH 41
JYJ 31
HiyA 31
Terrorterran 27
Killer 25
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 18
yabsab 16
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 11
zelot 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5949
qojqva2920
Dendi1305
Counter-Strike
fl0m3337
Fnx 726
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko873
ceh9467
Beastyqt459
Livibee329
XBOCT290
Hui .235
XaKoH 146
Trikslyr56
QueenE32
Chillindude20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2979
Other Games
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.