• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:39
CEST 19:39
KST 02:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7946 users

2014 Mafia Awards - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-25 04:31:56
June 25 2014 04:26 GMT
#41
On June 24 2014 06:39 sqrtofneg1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 06:23 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
i heard some guy named cavalinho got lynched as the uncc'd cop on d1.

that probably goes under "worst lynch." but idk.

This.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/445959-newbie-mini-mafia-liv
Nominating Cavalinho's lynch D1 for Worst Lynch.
He claimed cop, no one counter claimed, but we lynched him anyways.

Sad to say, but I was part of it.

Might as well nominate the whole game because the second lynch was on an inactive who was going to be modkilled and the third was on the uncc'd doc d3 resulting in a town loss.

also nobody nailed Eden in detention mafia mostly because he wasn't playing in it.

also also, the mafia (Robik and myself) found Eden's town play threatening enough that game to kill him N1.
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
June 25 2014 06:59 GMT
#42
On June 24 2014 12:13 Cavalinho wrote:
Didn't know you were a fan of arrogant dumbasses.

find a glass and check it my man [image loading]

I nominate D3 lynch from that game, it's clearly worse. D1 lynch had some form of logic to it though still ended up being bad (basically I and a few others disbelieved Cavalinho's cop claim, and the format was short enough [and semi-open] that the odds of him being able to validate it are long). D3 lynch was an un-cc'd doc after confirming that there was a cop and roleblocker in the game (aka confirming the format had a doctor in it).

Both lynches were pretty bad though. RIP that game
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
June 25 2014 07:05 GMT
#43
there was no such confirmation
the doc claim was also the only person ever rbed so there was never any definitely knowledge that it was that setup, it basically came down to "did people trust sqrt" and they didn't
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
June 25 2014 07:49 GMT
#44
oh right

...still think it's worse but it's not as straightforward i guess lol
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-27 10:10:11
June 25 2014 08:27 GMT
#45
I don't know if this should go under Worst Roleclaim, or WTF? Moment, but I'd like to nominate mtamburini's vig claim in Newbie Mini Mafia LV. He claims vig as a VT, and proceeds to mindfuck both town and scum by talking about who he was going to shoot.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
June 25 2014 09:10 GMT
#46
as scum i can confirm tambo flipping vt as a claimed and un-cc'd vig was a pretty wtf moment for us
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
June 25 2014 14:18 GMT
#47
On June 24 2014 12:24 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 12:15 sqrtofneg1 wrote:
I nailed Eden when he was mafia D1 in detention mafia.

He is a good townie. (better than me, I think)


Uh.

He's not. Lol.

This is what gave obiwan away. Balla liked Eden and you never did. You would be the only one to not want to associate yourself with him ^_^
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
June 25 2014 16:36 GMT
#48
On June 25 2014 18:10 Eden1892 wrote:
as scum i can confirm tambo flipping vt as a claimed and un-cc'd vig was a pretty wtf moment for us


That claim was good. Terrible but good.

More so cause it pissed me off than anything.
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
June 25 2014 19:28 GMT
#49
On June 25 2014 23:18 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 12:24 Cavalinho wrote:
On June 24 2014 12:15 sqrtofneg1 wrote:
I nailed Eden when he was mafia D1 in detention mafia.

He is a good townie. (better than me, I think)


Uh.

He's not. Lol.

This is what gave obiwan away. Balla liked Eden and you never did. You would be the only one to not want to associate yourself with him ^_^


Pretty sure it was because I posted on the wrong account and never bothered to edit it.
Retired.
roundabound
Profile Joined February 2014
Niue881 Posts
June 25 2014 19:32 GMT
#50
I specifically called you out as being cava when you said you hated eden
Mocsta & IAmRobik hydra
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
June 25 2014 19:33 GMT
#51
:o

Forgot about that.
Retired.
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
June 25 2014 19:33 GMT
#52
I don't think it matters but please don't discuss ongoing games in this thread :3
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
June 25 2014 19:34 GMT
#53
Robik.
Retired.
sqrtofneg1
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Canada1159 Posts
June 25 2014 20:29 GMT
#54
On June 25 2014 17:27 ahswtini wrote:
I don't know if this should go under Worst Roleclaim, or WTF? Moment, but I'd like to nominate MysteryMeat1's vig claim in Newbie Mini Mafia LV. He claims vig as a VT, and proceeds to mindfuck both town and scum by talking about who he was going to shoot.

It wasn't mysterymeat. It was mtamburni.
Imaginary
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
June 26 2014 05:38 GMT
#55
On June 26 2014 04:32 roundabound wrote:
I specifically called you out as being cava when you said you hated eden

Roflmao obsession noted
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
June 27 2014 10:10 GMT
#56
Oops fixed
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
July 16 2014 14:50 GMT
#57
Funniest moment, even though it is just 2 posts. It is brilliant:
Can become funniest player. I will follow this guy closely.


On July 12 2014 08:10 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2014 08:02 sqrtofneg1 wrote:
Slam wants me to stop posting.
He also wants me to revoke all my reads.
I have no idea who's scum, but I'm absolutely sure that I'm town, and so is Slam.

I'm eating a shrimp chimichanga

< insert somebody talking about a lynch candidate>
On July 12 2014 08:15 Eden1892 wrote:
Can I lunch him
This chimichanga is insufficient
I had a good night of sleep.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 16 2014 19:30 GMT
#58
Due to the lack of nominations in certain categories, it might be best to merge those with similar functions. Let me know if anyone is strongly opposed to any of these.

Best Individual Performance to be merged with either best individual town or mafia performance.

Best play and best plan merged.

Best role claim to be merged with best play/funniest moment, depending on whether it was real or fake.

Worst role claim and worst lynch to be merged with most wtf moment.

Best lynch merged with either best play or best team performance.

Funniest moment merged with funniest player.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-16 19:39:45
July 16 2014 19:37 GMT
#59
On July 17 2014 04:30 kitaman27 wrote:
Due to the lack of nominations in certain categories, it might be best to merge those with similar functions. Let me know if anyone is strongly opposed to any of these.

Best Individual Performance to be merged with either best individual town or mafia performance.

Best play and best plan merged.

Best role claim to be merged with best play/funniest moment, depending on whether it was real or fake.

Worst role claim and worst lynch to be merged with most wtf moment.

Best lynch merged with either best play or best team performance.

Funniest moment merged with funniest player.

I think the first and the second line could also be merged.

I don't think we need a "best role claim". If you need to role claim (when it does not win you the game) it's usually not "best-worthy".

Worst role claim.... Agreed

Best lynch, ugh.. i think this is a bit different. If someone catches mafia on D1 start it's "best play" rather than "best lynch". I think this should stay as best lynch is when town just collectively realizes "fuck yeah this dude is scum" without any "BEST" case. In case you get what i mean....

funniest moment... agreed, usually these two go together.

EDIT: wtf? i have totally misread something. fixed.
table for two on a tv tray
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-16 19:40:29
July 16 2014 19:40 GMT
#60
I like merging worst & wtf because then it is a more friendly category



Also I meant to write it before but I guess I forgot,
On April 10 2014 22:24 kitaman27 wrote:
Nominations:

austinmcc for Best Town Player in Doctor Who Mafia 2

In a game with only two mafia players, austin was able to identify and link both players. With posts like this and this he was able to push a consecutive lynch and vig shot. Tragically, he was converted to mafia afterwards, which is even more reason to vote him as the best town player.

Seconded!

I think I realized it some at the time, too, but Dr. Who 2 was such a fun game :D
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2998
RotterdaM618
TaKeTV 284
IndyStarCraft 178
BRAT_OK 77
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2998
RotterdaM 618
ByuN 367
IndyStarCraft 178
MaxPax 142
BRAT_OK 77
UpATreeSC 57
RuFF_SC2 27
ZombieGrub19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3424
Shuttle 852
Mini 462
EffOrt 405
Rush 180
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 95
910 75
Zeus 71
Shinee 64
[ Show more ]
HiyA 55
hero 54
Bale 25
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 11
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2809
Counter-Strike
fl0m4871
pashabiceps865
Fnx 702
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2578
Other Games
singsing2169
ceh9691
Beastyqt689
mouzStarbuck189
XaKoH 128
C9.Mang069
QueenE69
Trikslyr60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• StrangeGG 30
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV137
Other Games
• imaqtpie482
• Shiphtur286
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.