• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:29
CEST 12:29
KST 19:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8352 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 92 Next
Wile E. Coyote
Profile Joined January 2014
Mexico790 Posts
January 20 2014 17:24 GMT
#281
On January 21 2014 02:09 JonnyLaw wrote:
Whoa why are you so mad rayn?

Easy guy, take it down a notch. You were in that fucking game. Kush throws reads around like he's in batting practice.

I don't see his anger lol
I am a smurf for TL Mafia! ¡Comé el roadrunner!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 20 2014 17:26 GMT
#282
bumatlarge:

In no way is it "entirely false". Suki points out multiple lapses in VE's thought process. You can change your mind, but throwing phrases out like, "that's dumb" or "I'm indifferent" are strong blanket statements to lay down. Clearly VE is either rapidly changing his mind throughout his posts, giving us no indication of where it's going, or he is not thinking his posts through, which he shouldn't be doing as town. I say point out that VE is capable of doing this as town.

There is nothing wrong in those quotes suki brought up.
VE thinks kush's plan is bad and VE is not sure if claiming/not claiming Boxers is best play. Where is the inconsistancy? He does not change his mind anywhere.

Interpretation is key. I clearly mean "I think VE is scum, and the only thing making me reconsider is if he actually posts like this as town." I have played quite a few games with VE, but they were a while ago. All in all, I think Rayn misconstrued what I said here, an possibly purposefully. Townies do do this with analysis, because they want to be right, especially if an ego is present, and interpretation is where alot of analyses hit speed bumps. I do think Rayn is scum here though.

You said "i think VE is scum but i need to go back and look if he does this as town". That's exactly what you said. Did you go back and look at if he does that as town or not? Does he do that as town or not?
table for two on a tv tray
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
January 20 2014 17:26 GMT
#283
Ah.

On the first quote:

Rayn's not wrong here. What suki posted was pointing out "lapses" in VE's thought process but those quotes she was bolding in were about different topics. Quote1: on kush's "plan", Quote2: on Boxers claiming, Quote3: on boxers claiming with the use of Kush's plan as a way to emphasize his point.

On the second quote:

I can see that for sure. It's really hard to tell whether or not rayn is purposefully doing it or not. I think i'm going to go with this simplest answer here and say it wasn't on purpose. Particularly because it's hard to read into it how you expected us to read into it. It's not like you explicitly were saying "I think VE is scum". So I think I chose to give rayn the benefit of the doubt there.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 20 2014 17:27 GMT
#284
He said he wanted to go back and check if VE does that as town. I want to know his conclusions as he pretty much promised to do so.
table for two on a tv tray
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 20 2014 17:33 GMT
#285
I do agree with Rayn that Kush is blindly throwing town reads, an that isn't doing much for us.

But as JLaw linked, kush does do that as town. He was a bit more aggressive there though.

On December 04 2013 00:03 kushm4sta wrote:
DO NOT LYNCH BUM. I think it's literally impossible for scum to think this way. His thought process is so freaking town.

Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 22:39 bumatlarge wrote:
On December 03 2013 22:26 marvellosity wrote:
On December 03 2013 22:03 bumatlarge wrote:
I honestly don't think we should lynch LSB, he has to be some Village Idiot, or tryndamere gets some suicidal bonus. We all know LSB is a good enough player to as both town and scum to know posting what he's posting is NOT OK. It's a hunch, but I think I'm right.

He started gunning for me as soon as I went for jcarl. Can we try to lynch jcarl instead? He jumped on me the second LSB said I should be policy lynched and didn't vote me.

bum, how do these two things together make sense?

You don't think LSB is mafia, but you think LSB "coincidentally" went for you as soon as you went for jcarl? Surely that SUPPORTS the idea that LSB is mafia?? (if you think jcarl is mafia) Why would Village Idiot or SuicideBonus dude (lol) gun for you when you went for jcarl, other than they'd be mafia together?


I do think he's mafia, but he's being too silly about it. I guess I'd rather not be bamboozled rather then win. Matter of pride.

I mean it's just a hunch. Thinking it over again, it's probably too narrow to play around and I can't imagine his ability would be that bad for us if it makes it good for mafia to get lynched. Almost anyone over jonnylaw would be better IMO.



I'm not biased at all!

To be fair, PYP progresses a lot faster then a normal game like this, so I believe Kush wouldn't have concrete reasons this game. I think it sub-optimal for townies to give other townies a gut town read unless they are being pressured hard, but this isn't different from what I know about kush.

I'm calm now rayn, you continue to give me more on Kush, and I will attempt to be unbiased in reading it.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 20 2014 17:33 GMT
#286
On January 20 2014 09:32 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 09:22 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 20 2014 09:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not claiming anything.

I was expecting a counterclaim. I'm very disappointed


Can you explain? I'm really confused...

On January 20 2014 09:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 09:32 kushm4sta wrote:
I think the likelihood for our second lynch choice flipping scum is pretty close to our first choice.

Also if they are scum and they claim blue, they are just postponing their lynch.

Why would you as town want to postpone mafia lynch?

Balla it's a joke.



On January 20 2014 10:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 10:22 thrawn2112 wrote:
yeah kush is right, pretty close to confirmed that one of kush or thrawn is scum

Well in that case:
##Vote: thrawn2112
There is nothing scummy in what kush has done so far.

What is different in these two scenarios?
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 20 2014 17:34 GMT
#287
On January 21 2014 02:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
bumatlarge:

Show nested quote +
In no way is it "entirely false". Suki points out multiple lapses in VE's thought process. You can change your mind, but throwing phrases out like, "that's dumb" or "I'm indifferent" are strong blanket statements to lay down. Clearly VE is either rapidly changing his mind throughout his posts, giving us no indication of where it's going, or he is not thinking his posts through, which he shouldn't be doing as town. I say point out that VE is capable of doing this as town.

There is nothing wrong in those quotes suki brought up.
VE thinks kush's plan is bad and VE is not sure if claiming/not claiming Boxers is best play. Where is the inconsistancy? He does not change his mind anywhere.


Uh-oh. WAS I THE WRONG ONE?

I'll go back and read it.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 20 2014 17:35 GMT
#288
On January 20 2014 23:13 kushm4sta wrote:
k ill explain my weak townread of bum.
It all comes from reading rayn's case. Bum is trying to figure out VE's alignment. He is questioning the same things about VE's play that I am. So it looks like natural townie suspicion to me.


kush is leaning towards bum being town because Bum is "questioning the same things about VE's play" that he is.

So kush must be referring to when bum was agreeing with my original case (which was horrible), which pegged VE as scummy. Specifically, bum makes two posts which speak about VE:
+ Show Spoiler +

On January 20 2014 18:29 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 13:02 suki wrote:
On January 20 2014 09:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's dumb because of what rayn said - you're literally saying "Anyone who claims blue is immune to the lynch". Literally. What is stopping scum from just claiming blue whenever they're on the block?

On January 20 2014 10:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yeah I'm mostly indifferent to the matter. I can see the argument for it not being needed and it giving scum information, but I think it could help us in the future by 1) eliminating scum's ability to fake-claim it on the block and 2) forcing scum to decide now whether they want to fake-claim the role.

On January 20 2014 10:02 VisceraEyes wrote:
2 is pretty potent in my opinion. If you don't believe me, take a look at Kush's plan. He wants to make blues IMMUNE to the lynch.


So is kush's plan dumb? Or do you think it could help us in the future and there's a reason that's pretty potent? Or are you just indifferent to the whole matter?

On January 20 2014 11:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
It does NOT matter if scum figure out the setup before town does...in fact given the nature of this game that is pretty much a given. What DOES matter it's that we not tell them exactly what it is ON DAY ONE BEFORE WE GET ANY INFO OURSELVES, which is very possible if we have boxers claim.

Is it worth the risk? I'm starting to think not, but want other opinions.


Inconsistent views on kush's plan (he think's it's dumb / sees arguments for it / is mostly indifferent). Wishy-washy.

And I just hate the bolded red line in general.

##unvote
##vote VisceraEyes


The scum hunt is strong with this one. I'd like VE to explain his thought process on the first part, he seems to be changing his mind mid post, then it would make more sense as town.

On January 20 2014 18:33 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 17:48 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
On January 20 2014 14:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
##Vote Wile E
His little act about not knowing what a boxer is does not really jive with the claim. Add to that the fact that he claimed 5 hours into the game after being very clear about how he feels about boxers claiming, and it all just looks bad.

This is a logical reaction.

I disagree, the only reason you think it's reasonable is because he is holding back because he probably wrong about you. I'm just working out what I can remember from VE if he posts like this as town.



So. Kush agrees (?) that VE doesn't look good because of bum's points. Bum's points are my case. Kush sees Bum as town, but also sees VE as town.

1. He thinks bum is town for bum's reasoning, which is simply an agreement of someone else's case and no further follow-up
2. He thinks VE is town even though he agrees with bum's agreement that VE looks scummy.

I find it hard to believe a town kush would feel that both bum and VE look town to him, based on the reasons he gave. I definitely see a scum kush screwing up like this.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 20 2014 17:35 GMT
#289
Balla you haven't actually said anything this game.

Half of your posts starts with an "I don't" get it, understand, don't want to solve this fucking game because I'm scum.

Bum or Rayn, pick one. Who's scummier?


*as an aside Suki is a woman saw a couple posts addressed as "he" said whatever.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 20 2014 17:37 GMT
#290
The question was addressed at balla btw. Worded awkwardly.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 20 2014 17:37 GMT
#291
On January 21 2014 02:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
He said he wanted to go back and check if VE does that as town. I want to know his conclusions as he pretty much promised to do so.


If you thought I was going to go back into another game I played with him and provide examples of this, I am sorry. It was a mental meta in the back of my head from ages past. I actually can't remember anything concrete, just a foggy notion that he can do this as town.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 20 2014 17:39 GMT
#292
bumatlarge, i would also like to know who are all of these people i have asked what their read on VE is. You said i have asked "ust about everyone here what there read of him is".

Why don't you back that up with quotes of me asking those "everyone" what their read on VE is?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 20 2014 17:39 GMT
#293
On January 21 2014 02:37 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 02:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
He said he wanted to go back and check if VE does that as town. I want to know his conclusions as he pretty much promised to do so.


If you thought I was going to go back into another game I played with him and provide examples of this, I am sorry. It was a mental meta in the back of my head from ages past. I actually can't remember anything concrete, just a foggy notion that he can do this as town.

So idk, how is anyone supposed to trust your read when you don't even know yourself if the read is legit?
table for two on a tv tray
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 20 2014 17:41 GMT
#294
Offtopic:[spoiler]
*as an aside Suki is a woman saw a couple posts addressed as "he" said whatever.


Yes, please refer to me as 'she' I would very much appreciate it.
[spoiler]
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 20 2014 17:44 GMT
#295
On January 21 2014 02:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
bumatlarge, i would also like to know who are all of these people i have asked what their read on VE is. You said i have asked "ust about everyone here what there read of him is".

Why don't you back that up with quotes of me asking those "everyone" what their read on VE is?


It might have been just you asking kush twelve times in your filter. I'm going to re-evalute things. I pretty much did what VE did and called him scum. Suki makes case on VE, bum - "cool", rayn makes case on bum, VE - "cool" "OMG VE DIDNT EVEN READ IT"
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 20 2014 17:46 GMT
#296
On January 20 2014 13:02 suki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 09:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's dumb because of what rayn said - you're literally saying "Anyone who claims blue is immune to the lynch". Literally. What is stopping scum from just claiming blue whenever they're on the block?

Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 10:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yeah I'm mostly indifferent to the matter. I can see the argument for it not being needed and it giving scum information, but I think it could help us in the future by 1) eliminating scum's ability to fake-claim it on the block and 2) forcing scum to decide now whether they want to fake-claim the role.

Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 10:02 VisceraEyes wrote:
2 is pretty potent in my opinion. If you don't believe me, take a look at Kush's plan. He wants to make blues IMMUNE to the lynch.


So is kush's plan dumb? Or do you think it could help us in the future and there's a reason that's pretty potent? Or are you just indifferent to the whole matter?

Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 11:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
It does NOT matter if scum figure out the setup before town does...in fact given the nature of this game that is pretty much a given. What DOES matter it's that we not tell them exactly what it is ON DAY ONE BEFORE WE GET ANY INFO OURSELVES, which is very possible if we have boxers claim.

Is it worth the risk? I'm starting to think not, but want other opinions.


Inconsistent views on kush's plan (he think's it's dumb / sees arguments for it / is mostly indifferent). Wishy-washy.

And I just hate the bolded red line in general.

##unvote
##vote VisceraEyes


To be fair, I was not expecting all three initial posts to be completely taken out of context.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
January 20 2014 17:46 GMT
#297
On January 21 2014 02:35 JonnyLaw wrote:
Balla you haven't actually said anything this game.

Half of your posts starts with an "I don't" get it, understand, don't want to solve this fucking game because I'm scum.

Bum or Rayn, pick one. Who's scummier?


*as an aside Suki is a woman saw a couple posts addressed as "he" said whatever.


Because wanting someone to clarify their posts means "I don't want to solve this game"? You should know me better than this Jonny. I'm very inquisitive. If I think something doesn't make sense or I'd like clarification then I ask about it.

Bum or Rayn are not scummy at this point. The only thing I don't like out of what Rayn has done is his discussion on Kush's plan, beyond that he's starting a lot of discussion and having conversations. That's good.

I don't know much about Bum but his case on Rayn was a little far-fetched. I don't like how he's already linking players on d1 (even though it's not a hard-link as we did last game) since we saw what happens with that already last game. His case on VE, separate from what he said about Rayn makes more sense. I don't see a scum player already making far-fetched cases like this so early, and I think it was more a reaction case then anything to rayn's case.

What do you think?
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 20 2014 17:49 GMT
#298
On January 21 2014 02:46 bumatlarge wrote:
To be fair, I was not expecting all three initial posts to be completely taken out of context.


For the record I don't think bumatlarge is scum at this point.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 20 2014 17:49 GMT
#299
I have absolutely no idea why bumatlarge is voting for VE because he did just say "he did some stuff i find out to be scummy but then again i remember him doing same kinda stuff as town too".

I have no idea what his read on VE is because it's inconsistent.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 20 2014 17:51 GMT
#300
I don't see Balla how you cannot understand i have not talked about kush's plan anything else than proved him that his plan is bad after he started talking about it. How is that so hard to understand?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10408
StarCastTV_EN284
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11486
Bisu 3250
Jaedong 2667
EffOrt 1082
Horang2 359
ZerO 324
Zeus 255
Larva 254
Pusan 233
Mind 138
[ Show more ]
actioN 135
Hyun 131
Barracks 79
ggaemo 75
Killer 50
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 43
Yoon 39
Sharp 38
NotJumperer 29
Sacsri 25
ToSsGirL 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Shinee 18
Noble 11
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
febbydoto84
League of Legends
JimRising 363
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1606
byalli8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
ceh9646
crisheroes215
Pyrionflax166
Sick150
dupreeh114
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 151
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast9
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
• WagamamaTV204
League of Legends
• Jankos1037
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 31m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.