• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9020 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 46

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 114 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 00:01 GMT
#901
Alright. That looks good on you given your read on me in ## when you were mafia was "marv town, he's super easy to read"
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 12 2014 00:03 GMT
#902
if you must know the thing I thought was fishy was that this post

On January 11 2014 09:41 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?

I'll run for mayor if/when I find a candidate I want to lynch or I think town is going full on dumbo.



Seemed to me like a cop out if things were not going the way you wanted for your team, you would step in and try to take control as mayor to do damage control.
I come in for the scraps
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 12 2014 00:04 GMT
#903
On January 12 2014 09:00 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:40 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:40 LSB wrote:
Coagulation has replaced mkfuba07

here's our lynch


wtf. I havnt even got a chance to post yet and you guys have already written me off and shit on me.

fuck u guys then. find someone else to shit on.

Calm down, broag, it was in jest.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 00:06 GMT
#904
On January 12 2014 09:03 VayneAuthority wrote:
if you must know the thing I thought was fishy was that this post

Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:41 marvellosity wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?

I'll run for mayor if/when I find a candidate I want to lynch or I think town is going full on dumbo.



Seemed to me like a cop out if things were not going the way you wanted for your team, you would step in and try to take control as mayor to do damage control.

if i were mafia i'd just run from the start.

If you read LIX I had the same attitude btw.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 12 2014 00:40 GMT
#905
On January 12 2014 09:00 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:40 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:40 LSB wrote:
Coagulation has replaced mkfuba07

here's our lynch


wtf. I havnt even got a chance to post yet and you guys have already written me off and shit on me.

fuck u guys then. find someone else to shit on.


Show us the townie certificate of townieness asap ) :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 00:42 GMT
#906
Hi gumshoe. Comments on interesting happenings in thread and maybe a scumread or two okay?
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 00:42 GMT
#907
Hmph.
I was thinking of entering the thread announcing my candidacy for the mayorship but at this point with the withdrawal of DrH, replacements showing up and more people adding their names to the running I don't feel it would be a beneficial choice right now.

Yamato I'm thinking of going with you tomorrow.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 00:42 GMT
#908
or a blowjob

i'm good with either tbh
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 00:45 GMT
#909
if you were to theoretically run, what would your platform have been, wave?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 00:56 GMT
#910
On January 12 2014 09:45 marvellosity wrote:
if you were to theoretically run, what would your platform have been, wave?

I'm glad you asked, actually.
I had originally thought (and confided to my current PM-buddies) that I shouldn't run because my scumreads are generally not particularly good on D1, but then I remembered a few things.
First of all, something from the discussion we had in A Quiet Game postgame struck me at some point today, namely the section where people were discussing how most people are too afraid to be assertive/make mistakes, which would probably have been the primary reason why I would have been afraid to run. Worried about not using the power properly, worried about a bad read and effectively solo-lynching town causing them to turn on me and waste more time, etc.

A combination of this realization (and maybe a bit of an ego/power trip remnant from last night's Voice Mafia games) made me think that it's long since time to ditch that attitude. I've been playing on mafia for long enough that I should be more confident in my abilities and stop falling back into bad habits (like conspiracy theories, my constant wrong reads on newbie players). I should play to my strengths, such as the fact that in nearly every game I can think of, I am very easy to read and despite having detractors and people who will always be suspicious one way or another, I am always considered town by the majority by D2 at the very latest.

Whereas in the past I have been content on D1 to sit back, call people town and wait for scumreads to fall into my lap on subsequent days, through discussion with people in PMs I believe I have some scumreads that are evolving quite nicely and I have at the very least a couple people that I would feel comfortable lynching right now.

I know I am town, I am confident in my abilities to confirm myself as town to the doubters, and I am also confident in my reads. I would not let this town down as its mayor.

It's not the best platform around, and especially now that there are more and different players running for office (despite the instilled confidence, I still believe some of these players are better than I am; I'm not naive) I am completely comfortable in giving up the chance---however the confidence will remain.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 12 2014 00:58 GMT
#911
If you're scum after that emotional blab, I'm never playing with you again.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 00:58 GMT
#912
Did your PM buddies PM you, or you them?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 00:59 GMT
#913
On January 12 2014 09:58 yamato77 wrote:
If you're scum after that emotional blab, I'm never playing with you again.


so what you're SAYING is that if i wax emotional enough you won't try to lynch me?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 00:59 GMT
#914
that wasn't even emotional blab yamato, i'd be fine with a mafia player posting any of that
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 01:00 GMT
#915
On January 12 2014 09:59 marvellosity wrote:
that wasn't even emotional blab yamato, i'd be fine with a mafia player posting any of that


what was your read on it?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 01:01 GMT
#916
I dunno. I want to know why i'm not one of his PM buddies though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:02 GMT
#917
i'm not a PM buddy of his either but that's because WoS and i are arch-rivals duking it out for supremacy
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 12 2014 01:03 GMT
#918
On January 12 2014 09:59 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 09:58 yamato77 wrote:
If you're scum after that emotional blab, I'm never playing with you again.


so what you're SAYING is that if i wax emotional enough you won't try to lynch me?

You could just play the game properly.
Writer@WriterYamato
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 01:03 GMT
#919
yeah i'd kinda be interested in hearing which players haven't pm'd marv unless he pm'd them first
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 12 2014 01:04 GMT
#920
On January 12 2014 09:59 marvellosity wrote:
that wasn't even emotional blab yamato, i'd be fine with a mafia player posting any of that

I'm not saying it's cheating, I just don't think it's something scum-WoS would have the deceptive ability to post, and if he does, I'd rather not policy lynch him every game because of it <3
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 603
UpATreeSC 140
JuggernautJason47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18421
firebathero 173
Rush 124
Dewaltoss 114
Sexy 28
Bale 13
yabsab 12
Dota 2
Gorgc8263
qojqva1405
monkeys_forever132
Counter-Strike
fl0m1584
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1880
crisheroes1137
Liquid`Hasu735
XaKoH 168
Other Games
summit1g3388
Grubby3161
FrodaN835
Beastyqt649
shahzam224
ArmadaUGS201
byalli195
KnowMe165
C9.Mang0153
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft 2
angryscii 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1647
League of Legends
• TFBlade1093
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• WagamamaTV250
• Shiphtur243
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 50m
Stellar Fest
17h 50m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.